1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 932 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Mudflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 339 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3F87CA1E-58F8-4C53-B6FE-6853DE2347C7 (resized).jpeg
    9493A919-B8F9-45CF-8F53-29B4285B4806 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Footprints (resized).png
    Footprints (resized).png
    wire form (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

30 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 932 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.
    #401 9 months ago

Don't use the restroom either...

#402 9 months ago
    Quoted from pinteresting:

FYI... When you are cooking breakfast for your wife and you are using really hot jalepenos, don't rub your nostril and left eye until you've thoroughly washed your hands.
    Just Sayin'

Oh you didn't???? What a way to start off the new year.

#403 9 months ago

jeremy8419 LOL. Thank God it was only my eye.
    mustangpaul I know right?

#404 9 months ago

Some cool start up/auto-boot programming via Unbuntuu. So excited to see the hardware working. time is working on the programming. It'll be much easier when everything is all connected and tested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=-3AI9OdEUTc

#405 9 months ago

Some cool start up/auto-boot programming via Unbuntuu. So excited to see the hardware working. time is working on the programming. It'll be much easier when everything is all connected and tested.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=-3AI9OdEUTc

Awesome!! Is that a bulldog breathing in the background?

#406 9 months ago

I'm going to cut the apron today and assemble. Probably do it at lunch. I'll post some pictures.

#407 9 months ago

Well dang. I didn't finish because I went and got a sandwich and ended up talking to a buddy for a bit but here's where I am. I'll finish before end of the day. I went with 16 gauge steel. I should have gone with .030" or .040" but this is what I had and it doesn't really matter.

I will still need to spot weld in some mounting brackets but I will do that once those are invented.

IMG_5699 (resized).JPG

IMG_5700 (resized).JPG

IMG_5698 (resized).JPG

IMG_5701 (resized).JPG

#408 9 months ago

It's hard to get projects done when you have to work. Full time jobs suck!

#409 9 months ago

im assuming the apron card areas are cut with a backplate welded? if you punched those by hand ill be impressed.

#410 9 months ago

This is what I water jet. The pieces are all spot welded together.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 2.52.45 PM (resized).png

#411 9 months ago

Damn, you got skills.

#412 9 months ago

skills = water jet

Things are somewhat easy to duplicate especially if you are not making a replica of something else. If it's just the "idea" then you have a lot of leeway.

#413 9 months ago

I'm going to cut a new apron tomorrow. Adding a large hole in the center for a design feature.

#414 9 months ago

The version 2 apron

4B152B85-47E9-4A25-81ED-99E00FDCF69C (resized).jpeg

#416 9 months ago

mustangpaul The circular hole will on this version. Although I was driving around today and decided that I want to change it again. I have some other ideas. The other guys have some great ideas too. Who knows what this thing will look like by the final version.

#417 9 months ago

How about cut out triangles above the card holders or a laser cut design that you could light up with EL paper?

#418 9 months ago

You ever played Blackout? It's probably my favorite pin, by odd chance. Really like the sounds on it. It's pretty The Last Starfighter -esque, imo.

#419 9 months ago

Sorry for lack of updates. TV pilot season kicked in early this year. Someone opened the flood gates.

#420 9 months ago

mustangpaul I'm going to try to get tricky with it but for now, I'm going to just keep it simple until we get a handle on this playfield.
    jeremy8419 I haven't played that yet. I'll check out the sounds on youtube.

#421 9 months ago

You're my new must see "tv." Enjoying the journey.

#422 9 months ago

burley9043 LOL. I'm going to have to go to some acting lessons so I don't sound so monotone.

#423 9 months ago

Ok. Sorry for the lack of updates. It's birthday month in my family. Holy cow.

Back at it. We've received all the connectors so final wiring to multi-pin connectors will commence. We've also ordered a custom header pin board to be used as an easy interconnect board. We'll see how that works.

New design for our custom blade bumpers is being printed tonight. I will print a plastic mold vs. a part that will be molded. The reason is that I'll be casting the blades in a colored silicone. It's way easier to cast into a hard mold than a silicone mold when you are casting silicone.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.32.11 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png

#424 9 months ago

This is the mold being printed.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 8.53.31 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 8.56.11 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 8.55.37 PM (resized).png

#425 9 months ago

This is the mold being printed

Mold as in injection mold? Are you printing in ULTEM, or metal printing? Or do you mean TPU mold and pouring urethane?

#426 9 months ago

Pouring silicone. Technically, this is injection molding but it's very low tech. Plastic molds, injecting silicone.

#427 9 months ago

Nice work man. Following. It’s will be interesting to see how these bumper hold off. How do you plan to fix them? Will they basically be like blue rubber of death?
    I also like what you are doing for an Apron. Trying to decide what to do for my home brew game.

#428 8 months ago

Hi Pinteresting, I’ve added a couple of your pics to the Facebook group, “Strictly Custom Pinball,’’ I hope you don’t mind, and it would be awesome if you joined that group as well to show off your progress, kudos. JD

#429 8 months ago

Can you share pics of how you do the casting/injecting? Do you just pour it in the funnel at the top or do you actually push it in with something like a big syringe?

#430 8 months ago

Damn the speed at which this is comong together is insane. People usually spend years putting together machines from start to finish. Seems like this should be ready in 6 months from start to finish.

1 week later
    #431 8 months ago

Sorry guys. I just getting back after almost 10 days with the flu. Ugh. Best weight loss program EVER!

#432 8 months ago

fortytwo Thanks! They'll basically be held and be replaceable components just like any other bumper.
    https://images.pinside.com/9/2b/92b16e03c33a77a09633d0935776fdafced41178/resized/large/92b16e03c33a77a09633d0935776fdafced41178.jpg

danzig I joined. Thank you. Pending...

wolfmarsh Yes. I'll shoot a video when I do this. I'm planning on using a syringe to inject from the top but also added a "funnel" to feed the mold while things settle.

lurch Yeah. Unfortunately, the past two months haven't been very productive because of holidays, birthdays, more birthdays and sickness. I'll get my sh!t together and kick this pig!

#433 8 months ago

Wow, awesome progress, and so quickly! Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

#434 8 months ago

Just started working on a few things again. Still feeling the left over symptoms of having the flu. Ugh. Totally lingers.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 2.48.07 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 2.48.32 PM (resized).png

IMG_5878 (resized).JPG

IMG_5879 (resized).JPG

IMG_5880 (resized).JPG

IMG_5881 (resized).JPG

IMG_5877-1 (resized).JPG

#435 8 months ago

What is that in the first 2 pictures? A magnet lock?

#436 8 months ago

Yup, Magnet that can hold the ball and reverse it back down the ramp entry. I have an idea for a reverse drop target too....

#437 8 months ago

Magnet lock. That’s cool. Will it then pulse like the stern playfeild magnets that force the back up the playfeild?

#438 8 months ago

This is very VERY cool. Keep up the great work!

#439 8 months ago

Yes. That's the intent. The magnet will, theoretically, stop the ball, pulse and send it back up the ramp and out of the entry as cleland said.

Just starting work on how exactly that will work but all tests show that it should work just fine.

#440 8 months ago

I'm going to vomit up another short video showing more of the current state and some of the changes that we're working on now. We're also downsizing the control panel to a slightly smaller/simplified version. That will be coming in the next week or so. For now, these or some grabs of the current design. Most of this is already on the playfield and functional. The magnet return on the left ramp is new and will be installed, hopefully, this weekend. This will not be the final design for looks. Just a place holder for some functions and discussion.

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 3.10.48 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 3.11.10 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 3.11.25 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 3.15.21 PM (resized).png

#441 8 months ago

Dude this is great stuff. I like the shape of the ramps.

#442 8 months ago

Been having trouble modeling ramps in fusion 360. So If you don't mind me asking.. are they sweeps?

#443 8 months ago

Stupid amount of talent working on this game. I love it!

#444 8 months ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Stupid amount of talent working on this game. I love it!

The team is great, and John “pinteresting” has all the equipment and knowledge in manufacturing parts that makes anything we dream come alive. pacman I’m a huge fan of your Sega Outrun and Space Harrier rebuilds. Beautiful!

I wish I could have an Outrun like that one day, my favorite driver back in the day.

#445 8 months ago

real nice work looking great

#446 8 months ago

I'll be printing the new magnet housing in higher resolution tonight

#447 8 months ago

sd_tom Yes. They are sweeps with two rails.
    wolfmarsh Thanks! We hope you enjoy the build.
    pacman I don't know about talent but it's a fun project for sure.
    swinks Thanks. It's getting there.

#448 8 months ago

this is truly amazing and loving the videos. it makes me wish that I had chosen a different profession to be able to play with some of the cooler toys than I do

#449 8 months ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

this is truly amazing and loving the videos. it makes me wish that I had chosen a different profession to be able to play with some of the cooler toys than I do

its never too late. just like pinball can be a hobby, so can being a maker

#450 8 months ago

Yeah. Truthfully, I know how to build some stuff but most of the time, I'm going on youtube / internet and seeing how others do it. I had no idea how to 3D model anything or 3D print, etc. Just learned and now.... I'm a professional novice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    $ 68.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 932 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside