By pinteresting

2 months ago

Stats

• 191 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 71 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Messages Image(137661884) (resized).png
    IMG_5273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5272 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5270 (resized).JPG
    sf2 (resized).png
    IMG_7460 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5212 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5191 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5187 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5181 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5170 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5162 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5161 (resized).JPG

There are 191 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 12 days ago
    Quoted from pinteresting:

Holy cow. We're officially 60 days into the project! Kind of... I guess it's really just 60 days since the thread started. We got a group together about 3 weeks after I started this thread. So technically I guess we are only into it by about 37 to 40 days. We'll get there. We'll celebrate when we hit 90 days for sure.
    What the heck could this be?

It's one of those up-down target bank thingies!

#152 11 days ago

Kapow! We've got power! We test fired the main panel with the new linear power supplies. Super clean power like fresh rain water in the... err... high mountains where it's really clean.

Anyway... Fired up without a hitch. Sub-panel will get fired up tomorrow when I meet with Time at the shop. We'll be testing some things and I'll be setting up the new playfield for playing next week. Now keep in mind, this is not a fully assembled playfield. This will only have partial components and zero scoring or modes. It will have flippers, scoops, slingshots, ball trough and maybe the auto-launch.

Things left to do before playing:
    1. Assembly the playfield - transfer components from old playfield to new playfield
    2. Finish the motorized target wall
    3. Install manual shooter into the test fixture
    4. Install buttons and switches into the test fixture
    5. Wire up EVERYTHING!
    6. Test fire outputs and check inputs

PLAY

IMG_5187 (resized).JPG

#153 11 days ago
    Quoted from MarkInc:

It's one of those up-down target bank thingies!

Dangit Mark! Yep.

It's funny. I would've never guessed it a couple days ago.

#154 11 days ago

Met with Time today. I learned a lesson again today... Eat something. I get low blood sugar and when I do, I make A LOT of mistakes. All friggin' day making mistakes. Next time, I'm going to eat something.

Anyway, long story short, we got some things going today. I'm working on the skeleton program today to just get the machine up and running. Hoping to have this playable by next weekend.

IMG_5191 (resized).JPG

#155 9 days ago

Compared to my hack job, this is a bonafide work of art. I'm inspired to up my game.

Did you tie your power supplies to a common ground?

#156 9 days ago

Thanks.

Yes. Everything should be to common ground. The 0v (dc gnd) should be common as well.

#157 9 days ago

I will also be running ground drain wires to the backplates when we get them mounted into the cabinet.

#158 9 days ago

just started following. Can't believe what progress you made in such a short period of time.

#159 8 days ago

Welcome.

I didn't really have the most productive past couple days but here's the prototype for the motorized 3-bank drop target. It's a little rickety at the moment because I just switched to servo from linear actuator and some of the new measurements were rushed. I also allowed for a little too much play in the parts because I wanted to make sure that it would at least move. In the final piece, these parts will be machined from delrin to ensure strength and a really clean movement.
    » YouTube video

#160 8 days ago

Delrin is awesome material.. strong, doesn't wear much, very slick surfaces.

#161 8 days ago

I'll back the wall with a thin piece of stainless. That should be strong enough.

#162 8 days ago

Well I gotta say, I'm legit impressed at your progress, really nice work all of you.

#163 8 days ago

It's been a really good collaborative effort. Great bunch of guys that are very responsive even with full time jobs and families. Once we are at a playable state, we be revisiting some things and slowing it down a tad. Moving things around and adjusting is going to take some time. There are quite a few custom built parts in this machine that are mechanical and electronic. We'll be focusing on function and playability.

Really fun project so far. One of the best I've been able to work on so far.

#164 7 days ago

Ugh. I've been up last wiring and modifying electrical drawings. I'm still a day or two behind. I may not make this playable by Saturday. I'm going to try to catch up today but it's not looking good. Some of the mechanical mods are forcing me to go back and redo them. Total bummer.

#165 7 days ago

Unacceptable...I demand gameplay video by Saturday.

This build is progressing at an amazing pace so I think your forgiven. Loved this movie when it came out, great theme. I was thinking the right person could probably redo the CGI clips and far surpass what was in the movie. I suppose that's part of the charm of this film. I loved it as a kid but it does look really out dated obviously by today's standard and I wouldn't mind seeing them get a makeover.

#166 7 days ago

LOL. I'm trying! I'm trying! We're all trying!

I've been a little under the weather for a few days so I've had a hard time keeping up with the project. I'll drink some whiskey and do some cocaine and finish it tonight.

#167 7 days ago

I've been a little under the weather for a few days so I've had a hard time keeping up with the project. I'll drink some whiskey and do some cocaine and finish it tonight.

Don't rush, I can tell you from experience, as soon as you try to move too fast, you end up screwing up, and that will cost you far more time. Don't create artificial deadlines, not like you are trying to "fight a desperate battle against incredible odds."

#168 7 days ago

Pretty sure that is how most of the Bally/Williams got built, lol...

LOL. I'm trying! I'm trying! We're all trying!

#169 7 days ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Don't rush, I can tell you from experience, as soon as you try to move too fast, you end up screwing up, and that will cost you far more time. Don't create artificial deadlines, not like you are trying to "fight a desperate battle against incredible odds."

Like this morning when I was lifting up this mech I'm building , slipped out of hand.. ripped surface mount USB connector off my stepper board and now have to wait for digikey package and a prayer I can resolder it without messing anything else up

#170 7 days ago

If it's worth doing... It's worth overdoing... and twice.

yeah. Mistakes suck.

#171 6 days ago

Dang. This is still quite the list of stuff to get done by tomorrow night. Am I the only nut job who pushes them self like this? I give myself these horrible timeframes that you would hate your boss for doing. Ridiculous I tell you. I'm going to complain to someone.

IMG_5212 (resized).JPG

#172 6 days ago

Looks like a VERY late night to me. No more posting till it's done!!

#173 6 days ago

LOL. I know right?

#174 6 days ago

LOL. I know right?

Hey....what did I say...back to work or you can look for a NEW job tomorrow!

#175 6 days ago

Don't kill yourself over it John, if it's not flipping on Saturday no worries we can still all stand around and stare at the pieces and make sound effects with our mouths

#176 6 days ago

LOL. That's why I'm not done. I keep stopping and making those noises.

#177 5 days ago

I've been asked a few times if it's too late to get in on this project. I think it's a little late since we are so far into it. I'm also asked if it would be ok to come check out the project when we all meet to discuss. I don't see why not. Just shoot me a pm about that and we can figure out a good time.

#178 4 days ago

We have been recruited by The Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

IMG_7459 (resized).JPG

IMG_7460 (resized).JPG

#180 3 days ago

What a day indeed! We got it flipping, but there are many tweaks to address before we publicly show the flipping. @bailorgana I didn't even realize you were time lapsing us...lol. Very progressive day, this project is moving at light speed!

Maybe we should add a poll as to the names suggested for our little team

#181 3 days ago
    Quoted from cleland:

Maybe we should add a poll as to the names suggested for our little team

sf2 (resized).png

#182 2 days ago

So obviously, this is NOT the final playfield layout by any means. This is a very early prototype. I glad to say that everyone jumped in and got this thing up and "running". It is playable and I personally like the layout but it definitely needs some work. We're discussing the next whitewood already. I can safely say that the ramps are too flimsy and need to be beefed up to be really usable. I'll get some more footage as we get things working better.

» YouTube video

#183 2 days ago

We are on the right path and have a great group of guys that contribute in all faccits of the design.
    That’s me making the first ramp combo champion.

#184 2 days ago

I just spent a few hours working on a couple of pinball projects. I load this up, and now I just want to go back and spend the rest of the night working on them.
    Amazing work!

#185 2 days ago

looks great for first play, congrats

#186 1 day ago

Hah. Thanks swinks, ThatOneDude

We moving along. Seeing the playfield in action has made a huge difference of the confidence in our layout. Personally, I love the layout. The flow is great. With a dozen or so modifications and/or tweaks, I think this will be a really fun layout. Even without the sounds, I can feel it.

#187 1 day ago

Looks great so far! Keep up the good work! I wish my build was going a tenth as fast as yours

#188 2 hours ago

@etlandfill Truthfully, it's a pretty brutal schedule we've been following. This holiday will be nice to get some rest and get some more stuff done.

Our currently layout creates the need for thin bumpers that anchor way back. I tested the small bumper but needed to go to the longer bumper for more stability and I don't have room on all of them to have two mounting ears.

IMG_5270 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5272 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5273 (resized).JPG

#189 2 hours ago

Our current state of design. New left ramp design for prototype testing only is done and will print tonight over the holiday.

Messages Image(137661884) (resized).png

#190 1 hour ago

...and BTW... Happy Thanksgiving!

#191 1 hour ago

Looking great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 7,299.00
    $ 189.99
    $ 79.00
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 6.95
    $ 27.99
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 53.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Mafia
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 191 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside