2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 966 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 340 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TsunamiSuperWAVTrigger (resized).PNG
    3F87CA1E-58F8-4C53-B6FE-6853DE2347C7 (resized).jpeg
    9493A919-B8F9-45CF-8F53-29B4285B4806 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Footprints (resized).png
    Footprints (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

30 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
    #951 7 months ago

Pretty much storing it, as of now and working on some basic coding on free time. Art hasn’t been discussed for some time.

#952 7 months ago

Breaks my heart. I thought for sure we would see this game completed.

1 month later
    #953 6 months ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pretty much storing it, as of now and working on some basic coding on free time. Art hasn’t been discussed for some time.

Anything happening with the coding? Did the whitewood ever flip?

1 month later
    #954 4 months ago

Soo sad.... Even more the designs of the 3dprinted parts never saw the day of light....

#955 4 months ago
    Quoted from lurch:

Breaks my heart. I thought for sure we would see this game completed.

I thought so too.. I followed this thread almost every day. Sad to see it just go poof.

#956 4 months ago

Maybe we should petition that they start this project back up again?

#957 4 months ago
    Quoted from BenB:

Maybe we should petition that they start this project back up again?

Yes, yes i will sign it right now. The project was making amazing progress and I am surprised it came to a screaching halt as there seemed to be alot of passion involved.

#958 4 months ago

*Click* scroll down...... And nothing new. Damn it! Between this and the wizard blocks post I'm always disappointed.

#959 4 months ago

They should release the models open source if it's actually a dead project.

#960 4 months ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

They should release the models open source if it's actually a dead project.

I don't understand why everyone feels entitled to someone's hard work just because they don't complete something, don't feel the need or never intended to sell it. why can't everyone just be happy that they were willing to share their progress and include us?

#961 4 months ago

I can speak for must of us here. We loved the high quality build, detailed updates, and simply wanted to see his dream machine flip! No way should he dump all the hard work. He’ll be back.

#962 4 months ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I don't understand why everyone feels entitled to someone's hard work just because they don't complete something, don't feel the need or never intended to sell it. why can't everyone just be happy that they were willing to share their progress and include us?

I didn’t read that comment as entitlement- more just saying if the project is dead (is it truly dead??) why waste all that work? If it’s put up open source maybe someone wants to take a stab at completing it with what’s been done. I don’t see any problem with that.. this wasn’t a production machine, homebrew is all about sharing info and helping each other.

#963 4 months ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I don't understand why everyone feels entitled to someone's hard work just because they don't complete something, don't feel the need or never intended to sell it.

Everyone doesn't. I personally think that sharing non-commercial stuff makes the world a better place. I do it all the time with software and PCB designs. Hell, we wouldn't be having this conversation without a stack of open source software residing on the pinside server.
    If they don't want to, that's fine, too. If it were me, and the project was well and truly dead, then I would release the files with a non-commercial license, hoping to see someone bring it home.

Of course, since this is not an original theme, some of the designs might infringe upon commercial IP(intellectual property), so it may all be a moot point anyway, as sharing it publicly might expose them to legal action.

#964 4 months ago

I thought you could share stuff you designed/altered - as long as you weren’t profiting?

#965 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I thought you could share stuff you designed/altered - as long as you weren’t profiting?

I think you could certainly share the 3d models. Go on thingiverse, people are always uploading things that are technically licensed. I don't know that they got the code to the point where there is a lot (if any) footage from the movie.

Honestly I think this project could potentially continue on so long as there is someone managing the project. I worked remotely on two projects (IE I did all the art and sounds, Hugh did all the work of coding/wiring):
    https://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Van_Halen
    https://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php?title=SharpeShooter_III

3 months later
    #966 35 days ago

So is this a dead project or just in extended stasis?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    $ 5.00
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 244.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 58.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 15.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 966 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside