(Topic ID: 71305)

South Side Pinball Open, Dec. 6-7. Pittsburgh PA

By cjmjmm2006

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-431.jpg
    image.jpg
    South Side Pinball Open Flyer (014) TAF Full Size with details.jpg

#1 10 years ago

This is an annual event and will award full WPPR's to those participating. Bradish Street Pinball Parlor is a location open to the public, but it will only be open to tournament participants on December 6-7th.

Registration is $20.00. 100% of your registration goes into the prize pool.

There will be an "A" Division Bank and a "B" Division Bank. There will also be a classic bank, classics will be included in your registration for SSPO, 15 tickets will be given upon registration. There is no prize for classics and only 15 tickets will be given per player.

"A" DIVISION

"A" Division play is modified herb format, 15 tickets will be given to each player at the time of registration, additional tickets are $3 each or 5/$10. 100% of the money is put back in the "A" Division Prize Pool. Qualifying will be top 8 if there are less than 32 people and if there are 32 people or more, 16 players will qualify. "A" Division qualifying will end at 7pm (Any entries started before or at 7pm will be allowed to finish) and head to head play will begin at 7:30 pm sharp. The higher qualified player will choose each machine or order, best of 3 machines, finals will be best of 5 machines. All machines are available to be picked, even classic titles. The same machines may not be selected in back to back rounds. IE: If you play in the first round and you choose MB, WW & TOM, you may not choose them in the second round. If you advance, they may be chosen again in the 3rd round.
    "B" DIVISION

"B" Division play is unlimited entries. All "B" Division registration money is put toward the "B" Prize Pool. Qualifying will be top 8 if there are less than 32 people and if there are 32 people or more, 16 players will qualify. "B" Division qualifying will end at 7pm (Any entries started before or at 7pm will be allowed to finish) and head to head play will begin at 7:30 pm sharp. The higher qualified player will choose each machine or order, best of 3 machines, finals will be best of 5 machines. All machines are available to be picked, even classic titles. The same machines may not be selected in back to back rounds. IE: If you play in the first round and you choose MB, WW & TOM, you may not choose them in the second round. If you advance, they may be chosen again in the 3rd round.

CLASSICS TOURNAMENT

Classics Tournament is based off of 15 tickets. You will only be given 15 total entries in the Classic Tournament, no exceptions. Qualifying will be top 8 if there are less than 32 people and if there are 32 people or more, 16 players will qualify . Classics Qualifying will end at 2pm Saturday(any entries started before or at 2pm will be allowed to finish) and head to head play will begin at 2:30pm sharp. The higher qualified player will have choice of machine or order for each matchup. 1 machine per matchup until the final, which will be best of 3. Higher seed in the final will have choice of machine or order for all 3 matches.

At a glance.

• Top 8 qualify in each division if there are less than 32 participants, if there are 32 or greater 16 players will make it to head to head play.

• The Bradish Street Pinball Parlor will open both days at 11am and close at 2am.

• The location fee is $15 to play Friday and Saturday.

• Beer from All Saints Brewery on Friday 8pm - 2am and Saturday 2pm - 2am will be provided. There will also be catering on Saturday at 4pm from Jimmy Johns. Donations to cover those costs are appreciated but not necessary.

• All Final decisions are at the discretion of the tournament director.

Additional information about the venue and tournament will be available at pinbash.com

South Side Pinball Open Flyer (014) TAF Full Size with details.jpgSouth Side Pinball Open Flyer (014) TAF Full Size with details.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

For someone who has never participated in a Tournament before (outside of the EM and SS "tournaments" at shows & conventions), could you give me a "time frame" of what all would be involved? I can see that the doors open at 11am, qualifying ends at 7pm and that head-to-head play begins at 7:30pm...and that's about it. Any other info available? If I would happen to venture in to this, I would probably not be able to be there until 2-3pm on the Friday. How would that fit into the "time equation"?

#3 10 years ago

Also: what is the parking situation like?

#4 10 years ago

The parking situation is currently street parking. I am doing the best I can to get the lot next to my location and it seems we will have the lot for both Friday and Saturday. As soon as the details are ironed out Friday, I will post accordingly.

Since you have stated that you have never played in a tournament, you will be in "B" Division. That means you have unlimited entries to play in the main tournament. Classics everyone is limited to 15 entries, but you will want to get to the Pinball Parlor at opening on Saturday, at the latest, so you can attempt to qualify for both classics and the main tournament. Make sure to let me know you are there. I am glad there will be a good amount of out of towners attending. Nice to see the support. I am sure everyone will have a great time.

Chris

#5 10 years ago

Thanks! May try to stop in tomorrow just to "check the place out" and go from there...

#6 10 years ago

And you did!! Thanks for stopping.

#7 10 years ago

It was a great time! Nice meeting you and Gus and Jake and Brian. I'm usually not good with names, so that was fairly impressive! I DID, however, forget the flyers to put up around here!!! That ticked me off this morning when I remembered!

I may be able to get there on Friday, as it turns out...possibly around 2-3pm. That should help me out a lot. More great things to say about you under the other thread. See you this weekend!!!

#8 10 years ago

Thanks Scott. Looking forward to your entry!

#9 10 years ago

Wish this wasn't during hunting season. Might try to make it tomorrow.

#10 10 years ago

Classic qualifying ends at 2pm. Main division qualifying ends at 7 pm. Here are a list if scores from 12/6/2013. http://www.pinbash.com/tournamentresults/SSPO122013/index.html

Hope you can make it.

Chris

#11 10 years ago

Thank you for all in attendance at the south side pinball open. I had a great time and I hope everyone that made it had a great time too. Total prize pool was $1100+ !

Thanks for all the support and I hope to see you guys again.

Chris

image-431.jpgimage-431.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12 10 years ago

Chris, you did a great job! Looking forward to the next one!!! Are the final bracket results posted online anywhere?

#13 10 years ago

One they are sent to the ifpa, they will be posted. I will send you the link to the page on my website. Thanks again for participating. I enjoyed watching some incredible games but most of all, to see people enjoying themselves so much.

#14 10 years ago

Also, thank you for the kind words Scott. It means a lot to me that you enjoyed yourself.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-side-pinball-open-dec-6-7-pittsburgh-pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.