Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by 72Devilz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Thanks in advance for looking at this and any help you can give. When playing the game I have noticed that the different modes are being activated when they shouldn't be.

For example, to activate multiball, you are supposed to shoot the ramp, but it activates sometimes by hitting the pop bumpers. Also, occasionally when the ball comes through the Cartman vuk, it will register like a shot through the hole, if that makes any sense?

Any ideas?

Please be gentle, I'm still new to the hobby! Haha

#2 11 years ago

First thing go into switch test, and bang around the playfield. That will sort out if you have a vibration problem or something else going on. If so you have to adjust switches so they are less sensitive.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Nothing came up on the switch test, I will keep fiddling around

#4 11 years ago

Then I'd start looking for shorts to switch wiring.

Basic switch matrix issues would be a switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring.

But your game is a little different with those encased plastic stand up targets.

And I've found some of them different inside - not compatible with all Sega or Capcom games - so if any look new, you might consider them as a problem too.

LTG : )

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the advice. It doesn't bother anyone else in the family because it means more points for them, but I want the game to play the way it's supposed to!

#6 11 years ago

Try hitting switches in switch test with the glass off and see if more than one says you pressed it when you press one. There may be a column or row issue. Next, you look in the book and see if the switches having issues are in the same column or row. This will tell us a lot and we can help you from there.

#7 11 years ago

i just got a southpar and i saw that in the switch test mode if you scroll to draw ( on a switch that is giving you grief) it will show a drawing on the dmd with color codes for wiring and diodes and the switch.

#8 11 years ago

I have a SP and when I had the game set to easy Cartman would advance after hitting Kenny while completing Cartman mode. Since I upped the difficulty the gimme has gone away. I've never had multiball trigger via the pops though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-switches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.