Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Dmoore11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I started restoring my South Park pin about 9 years ago and one of the first things I purchased at the time was a complete set of NOS plastics for it. Fast forward to today and I am wrapping up the project and was wondering if I should go back with the old worn/cracked plastics and save the NOS set (given the current scarcity), or just throw the new set in with the mindest that this pin will be HUO so the plastics will likely stay "new" for a long time given the low play? What would you guys do?

#2 2 years ago

If they're unobtainable, I'd scan them.

Personally, I'd put the new plastics on, but also put on plastic protectors to help protect them.

If those aren't available, maybe trace and cut your own. Or, maybe work with someone who does produce protectors.

If all else fails, throw on some plastic washers, especially on the slingshot plastics.

#3 2 years ago

Props for keeping your project alive for nine years! I would use your new plastics and enjoy the results of your long journey.

#4 2 years ago

THAT^

#5 2 years ago

Yea, what good is having something if you’re not going to use it?

Scan them for documentation purposes, then install them in the game with some protection for good measure!

1 week later
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If they're unobtainable, I'd scan them.
Personally, I'd put the new plastics on, but also put on plastic protectors to help protect them.
If those aren't available, maybe trace and cut your own. Or, maybe work with someone who does produce protectors.
If all else fails, throw on some plastic washers, especially on the slingshot plastics.

Agree, scan them and plastic protectors.

If you go washers, don’t forget around kenny and chef.

2 weeks later
#7 2 years ago

I went ahead and cut out an entire set of plastic protectors for the entire game using some high end impact resistance 1/8" plexi. The pieces turned out great using my radial saw and then sanded/polished all the edges. The only issue I have now is one ramp end and one metal wire ramp is 1/8" higher than designed so I am ordering new metal posts that are shorter (1/8") and should resolve the problem. What a journey this resto has been! lol I'm going to outline all the different things completed on this project one of these days in a post of it's own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-nos-plastic-set-dilemma- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.