Ok. So I have South Park in my dad's garage. I had to put in a new battery connector because the old one had acid damage. New one arrives today, try to put it in the old holes. Turns out the old connector had a pin stuck in the board, so after a bit of soldering and picking the hole, I made a new one. The game is unplugged, nothing turns on. Yet when I put the new connector in, there is a tiny bit of smoke.
Is it just because the board reacted to the new hole and needs to cool down?
Feedback would be appreciated, first time using a soldering iron.