Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Schwaggs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My South Park will award Kyle if I hit the ramp and it hits the first switch and rolls back down and if it goes down either in lane to the flippers, it will award Kyle. It registers Kyle if I make it all the way up the ramp as it should. I have done a switch test and no other switches are active with in lane switches. I have the profanity roms in it. I known they are incomplete and "have issues". Is this because of the rom?

#2 7 years ago

Not sure what you mean by profanity ROMs, I believe all of them have an option to set it to adult mode.

I would look for a bad (shorted) or missing diode on one of the switches.

Go into switch test and test each switch Right Ramp Enter, Right Ramp Exit, Right Inlane, Left Inlane and make sure as you hit each one, ONLY that switch registers (look closely at the display and make sure the proper switch registers).

Unload the balls from the trough and run the test again (the bad diode might be on one of the trough switches).

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Schwaggs, I didn't think to unload the balls, I had tested all the other switches before and no others were causing a problem.
It looks like one of the trough switches is registering with the balls out. Thank for the great info.

#4 7 years ago

Well I replaced the opto receiver and it fixed the ball trough register issue. It however did nothing for my original problem. I ran switch test and active switch tests several times, there are no other switches cross activating when I test the inlane switches or right ramp exit. Test all other switches also, no issues. I replaced the diodes on all 3 of those switches. Same problem still exists. I dont know if this could be a rom issue or not. Wondering if any one else SP acts like this.

#5 7 years ago

So when you test the inlane, that is the only switch to register? You have no unexpected switches stuck on when in switch test?

What ROM version do you have?

So if you go up the Kyle ramp past the first switch, backwards down the ramp and through one of the inlanes without hitting any other switches, it scores Kyle?

If you go through the inlane again, does it score Kyle again? It only scores Kyle after 1/2 making the Kyle ramp, right?

#6 7 years ago

Testing the inlane switches, right ramp in and right ramp out, they only register that switch no others show on the grid display.
Display version 1.01, cpu roms .096.
Kyle will award the correct way also, if you shoot the complete ramp shot. Yes you are correct, if the ball hits the first switch and then either inlane switch next, it awards Kyle. It will not award again if I hit an inlane switch again. If I only hit the ramp enter switch, it does not award Kyle, it has to hit the inlane after this to award Kyle. This does the same after the mode for Kyle is running to "shoot the ramp".

#7 7 years ago

Reseated connectors cn5 and cn7, no change and they look good.

#8 7 years ago

Your problem is actually normal. If u hit the ramp switch and then the ball ends up in an inlane, the machine thinks you made a complete loop of the ramp and scores an award towads Kyle. I'm guessing it was programmed this way incase of switch failures.
My machine does the same thing. It's actually a neat "cheat"
Also if you go halfway up the Stan orbit hit the switch, but don't make it to the VUK, a shot straight into Chef without hitting any other switches will score a Stan award. Another nice "cheat"

#9 7 years ago

Thanks GLSP3022, I didn't pay that close attention when got the pin, but started noticing this was happening. I picked up on the Stan award, seems to be a time thing, Thanks to you and Schwaggs, (I fixed a problem I didn't know I had).

#10 7 years ago

Cool, glad that is resolved. I was going to take the glass off to check mine tonight, I might anyway just to double check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-kyle-award-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.