20190222_174747 (resized).jpg
20190216_182450 (resized).jpg
20190216_182051 (resized).jpg
ZgyCmgb (resized).jpg
ADAE8F72-4365-473A-86F8-5BEBDF2894DE (resized).jpeg
20150206142259371_0001.jpg
20150206130103073_0001.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Does anyone have a scan of the large plastic that wraps around Kenny. This is the one with the tip that breaks off with the Christmas trees on the point. It seems there is no source for purchasing this plastic set anymore and i'll need to resort to re-creating this plastic from scratch. I assume many people with a South Park pinball are in the same boat i am in, as this seems to be a common plastic to break off near the Christmas tree point (on the left side of Kenny). I would create this scan myself though when i purchased this game, 3 inches or so of this plastic is missing. Is anyone else in the same boat i am in with this issue?

#2 6 years ago

The Kenny plastics on my SP are in perfect condition. I was planning on drawing outlines of several of the plastics so someone could start making plastic protectors for us. I will take a scan of it when I get it apart in the next few months if nobody else has a scan for you...

#3 6 years ago

That would be fantastic, we'll see if anyone else has anything already existing to offer in this area.

Thanks!

#4 6 years ago

I have the plastic, but haven't gotten around to installing it. Would a normal scanner do the job? I believe my work has one that I can use.

#5 6 years ago

I am new to plastic reproductions though an article i was reading seemed to suggest scanning at 600 DPI, in a high color mode, then saving as a TIFF file format was the ticket. You may be limited in the options you have to do the scan, though i suspect i can make just about anything you can provide useful for my project and i would be grateful for anything you could provide.

Thanks!

#6 6 years ago

Just checked back to this thread... I will do my best to get it scanned tomorrow!

#7 6 years ago

Mine is broke. Put me down for one if anyone reproduces these. Thanks for the effort!

#8 6 years ago

20150206130103073_0001.jpg

#9 6 years ago

For some reason the scanner cut off the left edge, I can try and rescan it... that's a jpg, but the tiff file is like over 40 mb... which I can try and zip and send via e-mail.

#10 6 years ago

20150206142259371_0001.jpg

#11 6 years ago

This is the only one I need as well, so would be in if someone reproduces it.

#12 6 years ago

I would say 9 out of 10 S.P's need this plastic. After years of wobbling around Kenny's hips are starting to go which makes him crash into the plastics and break them. Great candidate for a good quality repro...

2 weeks later
#13 6 years ago

If any of you are making a plastic, would you feel like making an extra for me? I'll send you a 6er of some dank Milwaukee beer if you do!

#14 6 years ago

i need one also.

2 years later
#15 4 years ago

Hi, ours have cracked really badly too. Willing to pay for this!

#16 4 years ago

What's the going rate for this plastic? I found some NOS but price was $60ish if I remember. Too rich for my blood for a plastic I have a feeling will just get broken again...

1 month later
#17 4 years ago

Going to bump this. I tried to fix the one at my work with just a blank blue piece from Tap Plastic it broke within 24 hours. Someone please help us out.

#18 4 years ago

I need this also.

(BTW: anyone have the dimensions of the plastic?)

3 months later
#19 4 years ago

I need the plastic around Kenny, if anyone has this please reply I would like to buy it .. thanks

1 month later
#20 3 years ago

Im thinking about making this plastic but would redesign it as it would just break again over time.

2 weeks later
#21 3 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Im thinking about making this plastic but would redesign it as it would just break again over time.

That would be awesome. I just picked up a SP and this piece is broken, along with others...

#22 3 years ago

Alright, who needs this protector I had made years ago? Free to whoever wants it? Just pay for the shipping.

ADAE8F72-4365-473A-86F8-5BEBDF2894DE (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Alright, who needs this protector I had made years ago? Free to whoever wants it? Just pay for the shipping.

if you still have it, ill take it. PM me, it wont let me PM you

#24 3 years ago

Another Pinsider snapped it up. Sorry.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Another Pinsider snapped it up. Sorry.

no worries! thanks anyway!

1 month later
#26 3 years ago

Any news for the repro of this plastic. Need it too....

7 months later
#27 2 years ago

I'm still trying to find a machine to purchase, but since this seems to be a common thing I started messing with it. Once I have the actual part at some point, I'll print this on the proper material and get Lexan and all of that.

The photo is just printed on crappy paper so I can measure what I have at some point.

ZgyCmgb (resized).jpg
1 week later
#28 2 years ago

Following - I need one too!

1 week later
#29 2 years ago

I got the protector that was pictured above. It was close but missing a mounting hole and cable pass through so I decided to have my own laser cut. It came out well, all of the holes lined up on a quick test fitting. I'll post the cut file for anyone else who wants to have one made after I have time to check and make sure everything mounts back up properly. I also did a cut file for the smaller plastic on the other side of kenny.
20190216_182450 (resized).jpg
20190216_182051 (resized).jpg

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I got the protector that was pictured above. It was close but missing a mounting hole and cable pass through so I decided to have my own laser cut. It came out well, all of the holes lined up on a quick test fitting. I'll post the cut file for anyone else who wants to have one made after I have time to check and make sure everything mounts back up properly. I also did a cut file for the smaller plastic on the other side of kenny.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great work!

#31 2 years ago

Thank you! Let us know how it goes

#32 2 years ago

I put my ramp back on and everything fit correctly. Here's a few pictures of how they turned out once I added the artwork.
All of the design files and artwork I used can be found here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3446493
20190222_175855 (resized).jpg
20190222_174747 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#33 1 year ago

Great work, sorry I am just now responding. Thank you for your effort and explanation!!

1 month later
#34 1 year ago

I'm looking into fixing our South Park and I'm grateful for these files. I'm wondering if there is a workaround for keeping kenny from smashing into these plastics? Well, short of just disabling him.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside