Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ls1chris
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

The previous owner of my SP must have tried to fix the Kenny light but he hacked it up and used so much of the wire. Now I can't fix it as its way too short. I'm just looking for the entire cord with the light connected on the end. Please let me know if you have one and how much you want for it.
Thanks !

2 months later
#3 10 years ago

It sounds like we have the same game, I had no wire left either! I fixed mine by buying some cord and a climping device at Home Depot. Have you been able to fix yours yet?

2 months later
#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Sturgis09:

It sounds like we have the same game, I had no wire left either! I fixed mine by buying some cord and a climping device at Home Depot. Have you been able to fix yours yet?

Just noticed that you commented on this thread. any chance you could send me a pic of what you did? I haven't fixed my kenny light yet.

#5 10 years ago

i used lamp cord to fix mine, it's meant to be bent and pinched without breaking like the original stuff does. i'll try and get a couple pics tomorrow.
if you flip kenny down there is 1 phillips screw that hold the flasher assembly inside of him. i still had some wire left on those connectors to work off of but i am pretty sure you could solder to them easy enough. pull it out and have a good look at it and sleep on it for a day or two, something will come to you for a lasting fix.
i had a larger orange wire, thats the 20v supply for the flasher, if it's loose pull it under the PF and wrap the end so it doesn't short out on a coil and fry something expensive.
can you pull it out and post a pic??

#6 10 years ago

Just rewire the harness. Pull the molex end off, desolder the lamp sockets and replace the wires. The molex connector is an IDC so just use a pusher and insert new wires. Easiest and best way to fix this.

#7 10 years ago

here is the lamp socket (out of stock)
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7006-00
here is the harness with connector.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/036-5448-08-71
mine is connected by cable to one side and jumpered to the other.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-kenny-light-cord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.