Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gost2dp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have a problem with my South Park's dmd. I'm getting no display at all. I just bought a brand new display and also a new DMD driver board. I switched the chip from the sega to the new rottendog. Still nothing. My repair guy is awesome but he's having trouble figuring it out. Any help is much appreciated.

Also if somebody could post a picture of how all the circuit boards are laid out in the back box that would be awesome.

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

I would start with measuring the voltages at the DMD.

#3 1 year ago

Almost certainly the display power board going bad. Lots of high voltage through there, and that game is almost 20 years old by now (can you believe it?). If your repair guy can do boards, they're pretty easy to troubleshoot. It's usually the bigger transistors, but the little ones or the zener diodes can go too.

#4 1 year ago

Voltages are fine. I fogot to mention i got a brand new dmd. What else could it be?

#5 1 year ago

Check all your ribbon cables to make sure you have pin 1 on the board on the Red tracer side of the cable.

Make sure you have not installed the ribbon cable offset by 1 row of pins on any of the connectors.

#6 1 year ago

If all else fails, replace your display ROM.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Check all your ribbon cables to make sure you have pin 1 on the board on the Red tracer side of the cable.
Make sure you have not installed the ribbon cable offset by 1 row of pins on any of the connectors.

It's amazing how many times this simple check results in fixing problems.

4 months later
#8 1 year ago

This ever get figured out? I am having issues as well. Put in a new color DMD and now I can't boot. Tried the old one again and still no luck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Lawrenceville, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lorain, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Spring , TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 999.00
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside