Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Breadfan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a South Park pinball machine that has worked great for the month I have owned it. When I bought the machine I replaced the 3 AA batteries on the board and did a few other maintenance upgrades such as all new bulbs (LEDS from coin taker), replaced the flipper parts, swapped the chipset to profanity version and replaced the balls. Everything has worked well. Today out of the blue I plug my machine in to play and it reads something like "high power disengaged, coin door open". the door was closed and locked. So I opened the door and closed it again...nothing. I unplug the machine and plug it back in..fires up as normal and I play a game. While the machine was still on I decided to open the door to see what would happen....NOTHING. It did not sense the door being opened. I have unplugged and plugged in the game a handful of times and nothing has changed. Game play seems normal but it wont sense when I open the coin door now. I have tried manually pushing in the 2 white door switches inside and that doesnt change anything. Anyone have any clue what the issue could be? I see no loose, damaged or broken wires. Door switches are smooth. Im pretty mechanically inclined but I am clueless what the issue could be. Any help is appreciated.

#2 11 years ago

coin door has 2 switches 1 is a logic switch going to CPU board and the second is a hardware switch which disables the solenoid power voltage this one can be pulled and remain fixed when you need to test solenoids on the playfield with the coin door open and into solenoid test menu,,, so check the "logic " switch if I remember correct is the lower one without retention

#3 11 years ago

The dr is correct , my sp is the lower switch that pulls out to test

#4 11 years ago

Why do you plug & unplug the game? There is a switch you know? Sounds like one of the coin door switches is bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-coin-door-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.