image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sk8ersublime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#365 6 years ago

I am joining the club this weekend! I love this table. I would go out of my way 100 streets at the beach to go play it, and I'm so happy to finally own one! I need to get a new rubber kit. Any recommendations? I see a black and a white kit on ebay from GameroomGuys, but i dont know what the difference is between these. (This is my first pin). There is another kit on ebay, but the seller is away until June! any other sources to get one of these kits quick?

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Go on titan pinball and order kit. There are many option of colors and the silicone bands are awesome!
Welcome to the club

Thanks! learning all these new Pinball sites has been fun, along with reading some of the drama threads haha.

Thanks again for the help!

#371 6 years ago

Got my machine yesterday! It was a routed machine in Philly. It was listed for $2000, then it dropped to $1800. I tried to get it last week, but the guy said it sold. Then it was relisted that weekend saying the buyer backed out. I asked him to hold it for the next weekend for me and he did! I made the 300 mile round trip yesterday and got the machine. It played pretty well, but it was FILTHY. I did my best to clean the PF and plastics today. There are a few issues with the cabinet, but totally worth the price i paid imo.

Issues:
1. Mr. Hankey - Won't go down. His arms were both attached until i got home too , also the right target is jammed in front of the toilet.
2. Play Field wear at the return lanes, ball through, and Kenny hole. - going to buy some cliffy's for this. The ball through cleaned up nicely with Novus.
3. I believe its the opticals, but something is rigged up at kenny, with wood screws lol.
4. Broken plastic around kenny on the left side.
5. Every now and then I have an issue with the right flipper, its like its weak, the ball bounces and then it hits full. Not sure, didnt notice that when play testing before bringing it home.
6. some burned out bulbs, but i plan on putting in non-ghosting LEDs so not an issue
7. Some cabinet wear, but its not the worst ive seen on an arcade/pin

I cleaned the PF and the ramps and other plastics, and I waxed the PF. The game is playing really well and looks so much better than when i got it.

WTF is all this black stuff inside the cabinet? its like charcoal, but its not.

Anyway, pictures attached! and more work to come!

IMG_1123[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1123[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1126[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1126[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1140[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1140[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1125[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1125[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1128[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1128[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1131[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1131[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1132[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1132[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1133[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1133[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1136[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1136[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1138[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1138[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1139[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1139[1] (resized).JPG

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Congrats on the pickup!
Save the broken Mr. Hanky hands! Drill holes in his body and back into his hands and replace his arms with some solid black wire. They should last forever that way!

Yea im definitely saving it. I tried to glue it, but it wouldnt stick. I need to check the bracket for him not going down, he tries to go down, but immediately pops back up. I can manually push him down and he will stay until multiball.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Congratulations and welcome to the club.
3. Those screws look like they are meant to keep balls or Kenny from hitting the optos. Does Kenny tilt forward when you kill him? I'm surprised he's not all chewed up from the screws. I'm amazed that the plastic to the right of Kenny is intact, probably because it's upside down.
4. You can try making a reproduction of that one, the main issue is that the image is too large for 1 standard sheet of paper. Fortunately with where the plastic sits if you put your cut line for the artwork near the right side I doubt anyone would ever see it. I have a scan of the plastic somewhere I can dig out if you want it.

Kenny works great, no damage to him at all! I did have the ball get stuck once behind the opto on the left (kenny's right).

The scan would be awesome! at least give me something to work with.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

When you do the wire fix, use some epoxy to attach the arm to the body; that's what I did on mine. It helps.
With regard to Mr. Hanky not staying down, you might need to remove the unit from beneath the playfield and check to see if the catch has been "rounded" from so much use. You might need to use a file to square it. Or it could simply need to be bent back into proper shape/position. (I had the same thing happen to mine, too.)
Congrats on the pick-up, BTW!

Thanks! Yea I need to fix the target in front of the toilet as well, the right target doesnt move when its hit or even if i touch it, its like its jammed. im having trouble working on the back of this machine. This is my first pin, so im not sure how im supposed to get a better angle at that as the bar i hold up the PF with doesnt give me very much clearance for the back of the PF.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

With regard to Mr. Hanky not staying down, you might need to remove the unit from beneath the playfield and check to see if the catch has been "rounded" from so much use. You might need to use a file to square it. Or it could simply need to be bent back into proper shape/position. (I had the same thing happen to mine, too.)
Congrats on the pick-up, BTW!

Also regarding not going back down. I can manually push him down and he stays down until multiball. He just cant go back on his own. I did the coil test and it just kinda bounces quickly, but doesnt go very far down.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Ah OK; here's what you need to do: When you lift up the playfield from it's original position, pull it out toward you as far as it will go (it will slide); then, tilt it all the way back so that it rests on the backbox. If you have the manual, I believe it shows you how to do this. That way, you will have access to the entire bottom of the playfield. It will also make it much easier to get at the drop target that is stuck, and anything else that needs to be looked at for that matter.
(BTW, South Park was my first pin, too, so I had to learn a lot along the way as well.)

Awesome! Thanks! I didnt think it would be a good idea to lift it that high. When i vacuumed it out i had my friend hold the playfield up for me since the rest bar didnt give me enough clearance. Looks like i know what im doing tonight

#382 6 years ago

Mr. Hankey fixed! Well temporarily. The spring inside was broken near the top. I removed the smallest broken part and stretched the big part that was left. I’ll get a replacement but it works! I fixed his arm with hot glue and a lighter, i don’t think it’s gonna go anywhere. If it falls off again, I’ll try the wire method.

I also fixed the right toilet target, and the mustafa? target by the bumpers, which I just noticed wasn’t working.

The biggest fix of the night? THIS NASTY SUBWAY! Look how freaking dirty this thing was. What the hell is this stuff? Smoke?

Anyway, thanks for the tips guys!

84526DC5-477B-4159-B4EC-C3D211DFC55C (resized).jpeg84526DC5-477B-4159-B4EC-C3D211DFC55C (resized).jpeg

CB4BF76D-1478-48E8-BD83-9545E25C54E7 (resized).jpegCB4BF76D-1478-48E8-BD83-9545E25C54E7 (resized).jpeg

898AEA34-A646-4BF0-824D-6451940832E6 (resized).jpeg898AEA34-A646-4BF0-824D-6451940832E6 (resized).jpeg

B286AD5B-D7F1-4673-B666-CAEA53FC1078 (resized).jpegB286AD5B-D7F1-4673-B666-CAEA53FC1078 (resized).jpeg

418278A9-ABF4-465A-BA12-28FB839B383E (resized).jpeg418278A9-ABF4-465A-BA12-28FB839B383E (resized).jpeg

#383 6 years ago

How do I get the game to save it’s settings during power off? Batteries are new, but the volume and free play reset every time I turn it on.

#384 6 years ago

Nevermind. Cold solder joint on the battery holder! All is well now!

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

You might wish to consider replacing batteries with a NVRAM chip; you won't need to worry about battery leakage (which could damage the board), and you'll never need to replace batteries again.
Glad you got Mr. Hanky working!

Cool I’ll look into the NVRAM solution. I am well aware of battery leakage and it was one of my main concerns before buying the game thanks for the suggestion!

Quoted from Boomer71:

Please remove all those screws from around Kenny, some one probably installed them to prevent the ball from getting stuck. See post 176 and the pics. Install the ball trap springs. This will help with the ball getting hung up.

Thanks! I noticed the trap springs were missing. My next thing to look at was getting rid of those screws, hacks really bug me. Any idea why a red flipper rubbed would be zip tied to the cartman VUK rail? I’m guessing it was extra if needed. It’s completely rotted anyway. I’m just gonna cut it off

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

And pull up those ball guides along the side of the Kenny area. They are almost flush with the playfield, the ball can ride up against the plastics. Also see post 176 for what it should look like.

I removed the screws and pulled up the ball guides. Funny you guys mentioned that because I had a ball get stuck under the left plastic last night. Also, every piece of broken plastic was in the bottom of the cabinet. Im sure they will probably break again, but i used some gorilla super glue gel and put every single broken plastic back together. Looks better, and its survived a few plays so far.

IMG_1159 (resized).JPGIMG_1159 (resized).JPG

IMG_1158 (resized).JPGIMG_1158 (resized).JPG

#391 6 years ago

Are non ghosting leds really that necessary? Looks like I can build a set of standard leds for like $60/70. Non ghosting set is like $150+

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I would use standard led's and see if it bothers you. If it does put the difference in money towards an ledocd board. Mine has standard led's and they flicker a bit but it hasn't bothered me enough to upgrade. I have an ledocd board in lotr and they do look amazing.
http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

Cool. I watched the videos on their site for standard vs. LEDOCD. LEDOCD isnt something that would be needed for non-ghosting bulbs correct? LEDOCD seems cool, but also a lot of work if the non-ghosting bulbs can accomplish similar results.

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

LEDOCD isn't needed but if you used the standard bulbs and down the line decided that they were flickering or ghosting it would fix that. Installing one isn't too difficult you just need to move a few cables in the backbox. You don't have to set up a custom profile for the game and edit each bulb, they have stock profiles that I'm guessing most people are using. Or someone in this thread might have a custom profile you could use.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

Without LED OCD generic LEDs may ghost but non-ghosting will not ghost (obvious, right? )
Without LED OCD both generic and non-ghosting LEDs will act like strobe lights (flicker) due to their ability to turn on and off so quickly compared to the incandescent lamps they replace. This typically isn’t a problem during game play since inserts don’t typically turn on and off that frequently (think flashing arrow insert). However, during attract mode and certain special effects during a game (start of multiball for example) the playfield inserts turn on and off more rapidly to create special effects. This rapid on and off can look like a bunch of strobe lights flashing (flickering) which is not attractive to some people. LED OCD can eliminate this strobing effect as well as eliminate ghosting while allowing you to use cheap, generic LEDs.

Thanks! Sorry for all the questions. First Pin here, I have experience with arcade repair, but a pin is a different monster. Trying to research as much as I can to not waste money

#399 6 years ago

Any of you had an issue where the right flipper goes limp in the middle of a hit or two, but then work fine for the rest of the game? I occasionally have this happen. Is a flipper rebuild coming my way?

#401 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Is it worth getting the profanity ROMs for my machine?

I've heard they are funny, but not worth breaking a lot of the game play. I really wish it was possible to merge the two rom sets together, or more importantly get the game to save progress on all the shots other than Mr.Hankey or Cartman. I'll never get Volcano mode because of the damn right drain.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

About a week ago I knocked the kenny opto out of alignment again so I decided I needed a more permanent solution. I designed guards to fit over the led's and keep the ball from hitting them. They replace the mounting posts for the plastics. I realized when trying to install the left one that I would have to remove the left plastic to get it in so I also made a second style that snaps over the existing post. I have 2 more sets printed. Is anyone interested in a set for $25 shipped in the us?

Thats actually really neat! I will get back to you on that! I've got a few other fixes i need to take care of first.

#404 6 years ago

Can someone take a picture of their yellow flash light on top of the left ramp? My keeps getting hit by the ball and I don’t think I put it back right after taking the ramp out.

#406 6 years ago

Thanks! mine isnt like that at all! My light looks like its using a computer motherboard standoff, its maybe 1cm off the ramp!

#407 6 years ago

you can kinda tell from this picture i have on my phone. Im in the process of putting new rubbers and LEDs in. I just have to finish up around Kenny now. I bought the Green Star posts for the left ramp and put white bands on them to look like Snowy trees like in the artwork. I like the way it turned out

sp (resized).jpgsp (resized).jpg

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

The green and white looks good. I checked my standoff and it's just a 1" tall plastic tube and a long screw, you can probably find something at the hardware store.

Thanks for the measurement. Worst case, ill use an old post sleeve, or cut a BIC pen lol.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I really like the look of that too! Thanks for sharing.
Next time you have that ramp out, clean it top and bottom with some Novus 2. It will really improve the clarity of that ramp plastic!

Thanks!

I hit it with Novus 3, 2 and 1. I dont think its gonna get any better unless i flame polish, which scares the crap out of me! lol

#417 6 years ago

This freaking game and not saving shot progress is driving me crazy haha. And the Right outlane...everytime the ball gets near it, its over. So frustrating. Idk how people say this is an "easy" machine. The only easy shots IMO are Kenny, and Chef. The ramp isnt too bad, but sometimes the ramp will screw you as well, falling right into the drain. And most of the time trying to get into Cartman, it ends up bouncing around and goes down the right outlane

2 weeks later
#425 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

About a week ago I knocked the kenny opto out of alignment again so I decided I needed a more permanent solution. I designed guards to fit over the led's and keep the ball from hitting them. They replace the mounting posts for the plastics. I realized when trying to install the left one that I would have to remove the left plastic to get it in so I also made a second style that snaps over the existing post. I have 2 more sets printed. Is anyone interested in a set for $25 shipped in the us?

Still have this set? If so, I want them. Damn things keep getting hit and going out of alignment lol. Shoot me a message

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from basrx7:

Just got my SP pinball a couple months ago. Me and my family love it. Its in great shape short of 2 things. 1...the Kenny optics which I just read how to fix on here (thanks guys). 2.... sometimes when you shoot chef it does not register and the machine will start cycling through all the kickers until it pops out. Any suggestions?

I have this same issue with the Cartman VUK. I figure its just the switch that needs to be replaced.

Quoted from PinballAir:

Unfolded my south park I bought last summer. Finally have a slot for it.
Is it correct to get Mr hankey multiball by shooting Kenny?
I looked thru the manual last night and there is only very vague and non game specific game play outline.
I did see to my surprise that kenny has lights inside the toy. Anyone ever go in after those?

I have hit Mr. Hankey 5 times, and then had the ball go down the right return and it started multiball. Doesnt happen often, but i think something is jacked in the code of this game personally. Too many oddities happen, not to mention the unfinished nature of shot saving between balls.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

My cartman vuk was the same way and it was just the arm that needed to be adjusted. That switch arm takes a beating, I'd check it first.

Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I agree check the arm adjustment first. Mine got out of adjustment after a year of playing the pin.

Yea i figured that was the problem. I'll get around to it eventually. I need to get myself a set of cliffy's. I reached out to him, i just need to pay him and wait patiently lol.

#439 6 years ago

Any of you guys have a problem with the ball kickout? Every few times the ball will kickout of the through and go back down and come out again. Its kind of annoying.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

I'm not sure what you mean about shot saving between balls.

How if you shoot Stan, Chef, Kyle it resets if you drain. But it saved the shot for Kenny and Cartman. I know thats just how the game is, but its stupid imo. Total pain in the ass and makes its difficult to get a good score. Maybe I just suck at the game.

#456 6 years ago

your machine is so clean on the inside lol...anytime i touch the inside of my cabinet, my fingers are black afterwards. I've spent a lot of time trying to clean it out, but it doesnt help

#461 6 years ago

I guess I can post this here, just wanted to share some of my updates and my horrible gameplay of this Pin haha. Check it out if you'd like!

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Thanks for posting. I like the titan ring colors you installed. I will install them someday soon.

Thanks! Someone in this thread recommended them, and I couldn't be more happy with the products or customer service I got from them! I bought the cheapest LEDs, Rings, and a lock down bar receiver sticker. I think it was around $130 shipped for everything.

#464 6 years ago

So I'm having some issues lately with the ball making it up the ramp. It seems to get worse the longer I play. I want to buy a rebuild kit for the flippers, but with the problem getting worse the longer I play it, should I replace the coil as well? I've never worked on this before so i want to make sure I'm not shotgun replacing items if I dont have to.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Have you inspected the mechs to make sure all is moving freely?
Check it as the flippers weaken, is that flipper coil hot?

Everything moves fine. I havent checked the flipper coil for being hot. I did see that people with LOTR were having a similar issue and used fans to cool them down. I just went ahead and ordered a rebuild kit and new coils. My machine was heavily routed, so i figured its probably a good idea to go ahead and replace them.

Also bought new ring and bumper skirts because one ring is broken and the bumper skirts are all chewed up.

1 week later
#467 5 years ago

Replaced the flipper mechanics and coils. Flippers work great now. I believe I have them aligned correctly, or at least close enough. The tips should be centered with the holes in the PF right? thats what Ive done. I managed to get my first HS on the machine since getting the new flippers 301M, over 200M on the first ball then side drain of course.

The only issue I have with the flippers now is that the left one buzzes very loud if i hold it, I read to tighten and check everything, and it all seems to be good. The right flipper is fine, but the left is very loud. I also read this is normal? Can you guys chime in and let me know what you think about that?

#469 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Last night for whatever reason the left flipper wasnt very loud, right and left sound about the same now.

#470 5 years ago

I made a video last night of how to repair the Pop bumper parts on this machine. Hopefully it can help someone

3 weeks later
#476 5 years ago

What is the LED panel? To replace the DMD or LEDs for the backbox lighting?

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

It replaces the cfl tube as the light in the backbox. It gives a nice even light across the whole translite and you can put in a dimmer so it's not as bright.
This is a tutorial but he takes it a step further and ads flashers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-flashers-or-under-cabinet-lighting-for-15-for-modern-sterns

Oh wow! I've seen this before, and I actually thought when i bought this game that the kids faces would flash because of a interactive backglass i have for it on my Virtual Pin. I am totally going to do this now! Wish i knew about it before swapping in an LED bulb lol

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

MY SP has loud speaker buzz anyone know how to fix it?

Mine does it as well, but only when the DMD changes. Apparently from everything ive read, replacing the DMD fixes it sometimes, but not always.

2 weeks later
#497 5 years ago

My dad is in Boston for a software conference, he sent me a picture this morning of a South Park pin that was randomly there for people to play. Looked like someone brought it into the event as it was in the middle of the event show floor from the picture he sent me.

3 months later
#521 5 years ago

Question for you guys, have any of you replaced the bushings on the shooter assembly? I was able to pop mine out last night, very easily, and i cleaned them and the assembly because it was very gunky. Now the front bushing falls out from time to time. I assume these are just worn out and I need to replace them? or should i just replace the assembly itself?

Also, I saw on the market place the other day, a speaker panel overlay for SP, then i went to buy one and its gone. Who makes this?

#533 5 years ago

i want a set! I reached out to cliffy a while back, but hes extremely busy with orders. My table is getting more and more damaged as i play, so i need something sooner rather than later!

#536 5 years ago

A few questions:

1. I just rebuilt my flippers a few months ago, game was playing fine, then last night the right flipper felt weak/slow, then it started sticking. I havent had a chance to look at it yet. Probably too tight?

2. Does your audio come out of both speakers? Mine is only coming out of the left speaker. I replaced the right speaker and its still not coming out of it. I checked the wiring and it seems to be fine, but it just doesnt come out.

3. Are there release notes/fixes for each version of the ROMs available? I want to see if anything was fixed/changed from the version i am running.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

the cliffy stuff is tip top, but does not protect the inside radius and wall section of the pf wood going down into the hole.
this product is not intended to compete with cliff in any way, more of a way to fix a bad hole and prevent more wood chipping.

Ill have to post a picture of my Cartman and Kenny holes and my return lanes. They are BEAT. i just need something to protect them

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

1) When you lift up on the flipper bat, there should be a tiny bit of up and down movement. If not, readjust.
2) Yes. The backbox speakers are wired in series, so if one works its not a board issue. The wiring is in section 5 chapter 3 of the manual if you want to double-check it is correct.

Thanks, I took a look at the flipper again, and its working fine now. I think i have some power issue after the game is on for a while. I played for around an hour or so on Saturday night and never had the sticking issue again, so IDK what the problem was.

Thanks for the info on the speakers, ill take a look and see what the problem could be, I didnt rewire anything since i got, i just swapped in a new speaker, its possible the wiring isnt correct.

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

If you played it a lot, could be the coil heated up and started to sieze the pawl in the coil sleeve. Make sure your EOS is set properly although that sholdn't cause an overheat situation on a game as new as SP. Next time it happens, turn the game off and carefully touch the flipper coil to see if it is smoking hot.

will do.

I checked the speaker and it wasnt wired correctly. Its working now, i replaced the one that was there before, and this one is crappy, but it works. Thanks for the heads up.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

How does this decal fit where the “Sega” recess is below the DMD?
From the picture it doesn’t look like they’ve accounted for this recessed area.
Does anyone have a picture of this installed?

mine doesnt have the Sega logo. Mine is a Stern

#547 5 years ago

I played a lot this weekend. I eventually ran into the Right flipper sticking again. I didnt feel a lot of heat off of the coil, but when manually flipping the mech, it seemed like it was getting stuck in the sleeve. I played again the next morning and it was fine, so i guess it is overheating, ill have to look into that some more.

Now to air my grievances again about this game. I HATE this thing so much sometimes. Changing Difficulty in the main menu does nothing. Anytime the ball gets close to an outlane, guess where its going. Half the time I make it up the stan ramp it will either hit the rail and and come back down, or it will skip over the switch which then gives me a Chef shot instead of a Stan shot. Oh and if I happen to need one more Stan shot, guess where the ball is going....you guessed it. Outlane.

Also, i seem to have a lot of backspin on the ball, which causes a lot of the drains. Sometimes it will come out of the left drop spin backwards and go out the out lane haha. Thats just a slap in the face. Maybe i dont have something setup right? I assume its just how it goes....

I really wish this code could be updated to save all the shots between balls. I know the game gets a bad rap for not having a complex ruleset, but to have to accomplish all of that on a single ball, its hard, and its becoming less and less fun. if the game save shots i think it would be more fun.

I have reached Spooky Vision 1 time. I have never seen Volcano mode other than when testing with the glass off.

/rant.

#551 5 years ago

Yea....i get it lol. I enjoy the game, i think its "simple" rule set is fine personally. im a more casual player, I try to get better, but it leads to frustration lol. the biggest issue i have is the stan shot. Its the one that can send me over the edge sometimes.

I'm having my first party since getting this machine in a week, im sure my friends will be into it. I had it on the virtual pin I built, but not a lot of people would play it. It will be nice to see people enjoying the machine.

3 weeks later
#559 5 years ago

Nice! I still want to get one of those

1 month later
#581 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

we have not built the kenny part yet but have the inlane drop repair part and cartman part molds done. any day!
i will send out a couple PMs for a couple minimum wear machine test fit. if all looks good i can start selling.
i have a sizable investment here and not sure how many parts i can sell to recover costs.
thinking $20 for the cartman part and $5 2 pack lane repair or $10 4 pack
these parts will make a worn game look much better and i would think add value to your games.
my other company already has a full website and shopping cart in place so we can set up a pinball category with the parts there.
the other parts i already make are the WPC 95 lock bar cab plugs and the shooter protector that goes behind the rectangle shooter housing.
planetary and marcos has been stocking those parts the last few years

Im down for the lane protectors and a kenny hole. Maybe cartman, but mine isnt that bad.

Do you guys have issues with the chef vuk? lately ive had issues with the ball not staying in the hole, so i dont get credit for a stan/chef shot.

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Figured I should post this finally. Here’s how my Cartman and Chef holes look. It came with a Cliffy on the Kenny hole, but I don’t think there is any big damage underneath.
I have noticed that my Chef shots sometimes bounce out as well. I’m not sure if it is because of that chip on the playfield or if it’s just how the game is.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My cartman hole looks about the same. My chef hole has less wear that yours, and it constantly jumps out. more so since i rebuilt the flippers. Maybe thats why.

3 weeks later
#603 5 years ago

Those look awesome! My inlane damage looks about the same as yours, so this is a 100% purchase for me once ready.

#607 5 years ago

Cartman hole looks great! i need one of those as well as the inlanes! Looking forward to seeing the Kenny hole when that is ready!

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

The feed back is all good. The part fits into machines that don’t have any wear and that was what I needed to hear. I’ve got lane covers and cartman parts ready to go.
Cartman hole part also works on Star Wars trilogy with a little handy work. We will make some black one for that.

Count me in for 2 lane protectors and a cartman protector. Let me know the cost

1 week later
#620 5 years ago

I did a quick search of this thread and saw 1 person has a PinStadium setup. Does anyone else have it? I have my SP next to my TSPP and its SO DARK compared to TSPP. I really want to make it pop. Is it a pain to lift the PF with PinStadium installed? it sounds like I would need to remove it anytime I need to lift the PF.

#622 5 years ago

I actually just read the installation documents on their site and they say to remove it for the version you have when lifting.

I really want to get the blades as well. They will go great with my green star posts with the white rubbers on the left ramp

2 weeks later
#635 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Does anyone know where to get these for the flipper button area?
[quoted image]

They were here in Market Place, i had them Favorited. Looks like they are archived now. Maybe contact the seller?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/71472

1 week later
#645 5 years ago

I’ve decided to do a mini tear down of my machine. One question I have is, are these inlane forms supposed to be like raw metal or should they be polished? Pictures are below. Also, is the volcano Mylar? It looks like it’s the image, but there is Mylar all over my machine.

Also sharing what I did to hide some of the broken plastics.

3169A476-ECAF-440C-973E-2F10AB49376D (resized).jpeg3169A476-ECAF-440C-973E-2F10AB49376D (resized).jpeg4761B534-EC00-4ACC-B440-8F1D5BEE3605 (resized).jpeg4761B534-EC00-4ACC-B440-8F1D5BEE3605 (resized).jpeg60559BAB-6DAD-4B75-8B22-CA737053AA1F (resized).jpeg60559BAB-6DAD-4B75-8B22-CA737053AA1F (resized).jpegD7011861-974E-441A-91DF-907F79D1714E (resized).jpegD7011861-974E-441A-91DF-907F79D1714E (resized).jpegDDC5DDAF-84B9-4120-890D-55728B86576E (resized).jpegDDC5DDAF-84B9-4120-890D-55728B86576E (resized).jpeg
#648 5 years ago

Man your new plastic looks awesome! The toilet looks pretty good too!

Is the insert for the volcano something I can replace without damaging the Pf? It doesn’t look like it.

#653 5 years ago

I’ve wanted the Cartman topper for so long, but didn’t want to spend the $50 on it. Holding off, paid off! Snagged the set for $20!

1E3FA45D-00BD-47FE-BACF-D9C0E1CAF235 (resized).jpeg1E3FA45D-00BD-47FE-BACF-D9C0E1CAF235 (resized).jpeg
#657 5 years ago

Good info, I havent mounted them yet. My machine is currently in pieces getting a through cleaning and replacement of a few bad switches, broken plastics, and my uncle welded my broken cartman VUK wire form for me. So I will be out of commission for a bit.

#662 5 years ago

Where did you get those from?

found them on ebay, not listed under pinball though lol

#663 5 years ago

Can someone shoot em a picture of the plastics around the cart man vuk so I can see how it goes back together? I forgot to get a picture of this area. Thanks!

52A3FEB6-FC61-48E6-A7E3-CC0139932265 (resized).jpeg52A3FEB6-FC61-48E6-A7E3-CC0139932265 (resized).jpegC3C12E16-C460-4783-912E-9323CB57E34C (resized).jpegC3C12E16-C460-4783-912E-9323CB57E34C (resized).jpeg
#665 5 years ago

Perfect! Thanks!

#666 5 years ago

Putting everything back together. When I first got the machine I “cleaned it”...I had no idea the targets were colored haha. I took off all plastics and cleaned and waxed the entire play field. I replaced the slingshot plastics, and replaced a few other broken plastics and some rigged up switches. Silicone on the protectors on the cartman hole and the inlanes. And had the broken cartman wireform welded back. It’s coming together nicely!

179AE7B6-155C-4F4F-990F-C6520E975004 (resized).jpeg179AE7B6-155C-4F4F-990F-C6520E975004 (resized).jpeg2232F91F-4DFC-4036-8C47-445297CC867E (resized).jpeg2232F91F-4DFC-4036-8C47-445297CC867E (resized).jpeg28A1D9E2-C39A-466B-8956-4A7B49D4A0AF (resized).jpeg28A1D9E2-C39A-466B-8956-4A7B49D4A0AF (resized).jpeg4C13943A-EAAA-476A-A9E3-959BED72189C (resized).jpeg4C13943A-EAAA-476A-A9E3-959BED72189C (resized).jpeg8248AFB2-A563-44E1-A809-52BF722E2788 (resized).jpeg8248AFB2-A563-44E1-A809-52BF722E2788 (resized).jpegAD763FA9-A2EE-405B-AF07-29F1729CD2E7 (resized).jpegAD763FA9-A2EE-405B-AF07-29F1729CD2E7 (resized).jpeg
#669 5 years ago
Quoted from kurumilover:

I hope you guys don't mind if I steal some of these ideas for mods

Thats the point of sharing! Welcome to the club!

1 week later
#677 5 years ago

What are your guys thoughts on cabinet sideart decals? I just cleaned the inside of my machine and replaced a bunch of plastics, repaired switches, etc so the inside looks almost new. But the outside is ragged. I bought mine from a route, it was apparently in a bunch of places over its life. Cabinet art looks like its chipping away, cracked, faded, scratched, etc. I have only seen decals in 2 places, Retro Refurbs and eBay for around $200.

I think my main concern is the amount of prep work that needs to be done, do i need to sand off all the old art? or just get everything smooth? I dont have a dolly to take all the legs off, so id have to rig something up for the table to rest on.

other than that, I have seen a few restored cabinets that looks really good, but then I have seen some where the art looks wrong, like its way too big and the colors are off. I would like to stay away from a known bad source of the artwork if possible. Thoughts?

#679 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This is my boat too. Wife said “restore the cabinet” and I said, um, well honey... ok, let me see what I can find... so I am on the prowl for decals, sticker sheets and plastic sets. Is anyone making licensed reproductions? I think I saw plastics on a supplier site.

I dont think anyone is making licensed ones. I personally wouldn't care if its licensed or not as long as it looked correct, size and colors, doesn't have to be PERFECT. But that's just me, i know people feel differently about that.

Unless Stern/Comedy Central/South Park studios is selling them or has the plan of selling them, then no harm no foul IMO for a 20 year old pinball cabinet artwork that is never getting produced again.

Funny your wife said to restore it, my wife said not to because it has "Charm" haha

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

She wanted one NIB 20 years ago, so now I have got to make the dream come true... as best I can.

haha nice! From what I can tell, the ones currently on ebay look terrible, the colors are way off and the font on the sign looks weird to me. The retro refurb version looks closer, but i feel like the comedy central logo looks way too big by the flipper. Maybe i'm mistaken...

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Has anyone CC’d their pf, or is it worth it, and has anyone seen a NOS pf in the wild? Did factory mylar come standard on all playfields? My pf is not great, but not bad either. The colors seem a little “off” due to age. Chipped wood here and there. At least everything was working mostly, as far as coils, 100%, flashers and lamps? Crap shoot. I think 50% may light up?. Poor thing has been rode hard, but it has a new, friendly ole Geppetto to breath some new life into this wooden boy, and someday, he might actually become real again.

Mylar locations are in the manual, so I believe it may have been standard, or at least came with the machine for optional placement. It was on my machine, but i removed all of it except for the area around the bumpers because im scared to pull up such a large piece haha.

I think someone here on pinside had a PF listed for like $800-1000 a while back. Idk if that sold or not.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

My parts are looking good in your pins guys. Thanks!

Your parts look great! Especially like them after using clear silicone to hold them in place. I tried hot glue the first time...didnt work out like i planned.

Can't wait for a kenny hole protector . I was going to try you metal fix, but havent gotten around to it.

3 months later
#773 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

the first 2 molds are done, taking over to get tested today. (cartman hole and lane repair)
our plan for the kenny hole is a thin molded part to cover the hole area, inside and out and the ramp part in back.
the reason for full coverage is so the wood will not continue to flake and chip away below top PF.
we are also planning to add side ribs that would act as opto protector.
drawing up the kenny part now!
as far as i know nothing is available for the inside of the hole. the cliffy parts are great but would of need to be installed on a pin before the wear and chipping. these parts should bring all those beat up south parks back to life.
planning on molding all in blue

Any update on a Kenny part? The cartman and inlane pieces have been great! I havent tried the metal fix you sent me yet, right now im using some blue duct tape to protect that area haha

1 month later
#790 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I have a bunch of friends over for pinball and of course it acts up.
It's shooting two balls into the shooter lane every time. What can I do about this?

check that the optical board in the through is clean and tight as well. And check it for cold solder joints. My TSPP was doing the same thing when I bought it, actually got it cheaper because of that. The only issue was that the Optical board was barely screwed on, i tightened the screws and I havent had an issue since.

#791 4 years ago

My South Park has been my test subject for everything I’m doing. I grabbed a $5 can of paint and tried my hand at changing the color. It’s not perfect by any means, but it looks pretty good over all. I still have to do the side rails. The non perfect paint job blends in with the crappy side art condition lol

B4FA11F9-59B2-420A-962E-668D838621D4 (resized).jpegB4FA11F9-59B2-420A-962E-668D838621D4 (resized).jpeg
#793 4 years ago

Actually, it turned out to be a pinball that was slightly the wrong size. It was moving through the trough slowly and causing it to kick out an extra ball.
It's my own stupid fault, I'd forgotten about this ball and it had caused problems in my Pirates chest lock also. I'd grabbed a handful of decent looking old balls while some newer ones came in and it was in the grab. :/

Nice! glad you figured it out quickly and cheaply

#795 4 years ago

I like it! I'd worry that spray paint would damage easily over time though. You have me considering a powder coat of the same color though!

ive thought about getting it done, but for $5 i just did it myself to see how i like it. If i got it powdered in the future it will get sandblasted off anyway lol. I just wish i was a more patient painter. I want it done NOW haha

1 week later
#799 4 years ago

Tonight I decided to try my hand at DIY stadium lights. I’ve always wanted them, but felt they are a bit too pricey. I looked up some stuff online and headed to Home Depot. For $39 these are my results. Not as customizable but they do a pretty good job. I just need to wire them into the GI now.

A62C6799-CFB0-4ED1-8DCD-C5A3EAB151AE (resized).jpegA62C6799-CFB0-4ED1-8DCD-C5A3EAB151AE (resized).jpeg9810B057-0165-4E5E-B3DF-CC1170A71587 (resized).jpeg9810B057-0165-4E5E-B3DF-CC1170A71587 (resized).jpeg
#801 4 years ago

Yeah, it HAS to wire into the GI or it will completely take away from killing Kenny.

Yea I’ve noticed a few things that didn’t standout very well. One thing was that the RGB control module I had was broken, so I returned it and now it works great! The blue lighting is pretty neat, it keeps the playfield lit, but doesn’t take away from the effects, but yes GI needs to be figured out lol

1F5265CA-1828-4667-B604-D1460959757C (resized).jpeg1F5265CA-1828-4667-B604-D1460959757C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#803 4 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue with the post sleeve in the picture? It always slides up off the post and I have to pull the glass and push it back down. I’ve tried an oversized one, a titan silicone one, and now this one is just replacement rubber. It always slides up after a few whacks trying to hit the Stan shot. Any ideas?

73B773C1-0F05-44C7-895F-491173D1654A (resized).jpeg73B773C1-0F05-44C7-895F-491173D1654A (resized).jpeg
#807 4 years ago

Thanks, ill give that a try. seems like that would be a simple fix.

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Meet some friends of mine. Good deal, and the game is in great shape.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Looks pretty good PF wise, and the toilet seems to be in good shape. I see a few decals that need to be changed and 1 missing switch. Question, is the ramp above the bumpers melted so the ball wont go through? It looks like somethings up with it in the photo.

#820 4 years ago

My first pin as well. I've only picked up a Simpsons Pinball Party since. But my south park i have completely taken apart and has given me the confidence to work on any machine now haha. And the condition mine was in compared to what I have turned it into is amazing. I just need to put some new side art on and toss in a ColorDMD.

And I want a LOTR and a few others still....just so expensive.

#824 4 years ago

I've never seen one with good art decals. Most have cracking and everything on the cabinets. It's such a huge job to replace them that I've simply never done it or had it done. I want to replace my entire coin door though, is that a hard job?

Yea, the problem is its printed right on the cabinet, so its not a decal. Mine is cracked like crazy after years of abuse on route. I've been looking into putting on replacement decals, but all the decals i see, the colors look off, so i'm hesitant to drop $200 on them.

Coin door should be pretty easy, just a few carriage bolts holding it on and some wires you have to remove. I've never removed from a pin, but i have done that on many arcade cabinets.

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Couple more hours. So excited to have my fist pin! A SP one at that. Love that show. So I really want to get into modding it up with some cool LEDs. I was thinking of doing the speaker light kit. And trying to light up the center of the play field. It has leds on the play field already. But I want to get some spotlight leds to lighten up the center of the PF. What Else would u guys recommend for cool lighting mods for my new/old pin.

A few posts up I just recently added some LED tape lights to the sides (DIY Stadium lighting). $40 and no more dark spots on the PF. I still need to order a relay so i can tie it into the GI for better effects, but lighting it up with a light shade of blue light, lights up the play field without taking away from the lighting effects the game is meant to show

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Well I just got my SP machine and am so happy! I love it. It needs a little TLC but it plays pretty good. I have a couple questions though.
1. It seems there’s a bit of a delay whenever I hit Kenny as to when the sound of him getting hit starts. Actually , all the sound effects are like that.
2. I can hear speaker buzz a little when it’s in attract mode.
Just a couple that are noticeable right off the bat. I’m sure there’s an easy fix. Maybe the ROMS? Also. I was able to find the adult language mode and it’s set to Yes but I don’t hear any cussing.

Check the alignment of the optics in front of Kenny. It might need to be resoldered. The delay is likely because it is out of alignment so its not playing the audio or shaking until it hits the switch in the subway.

The buzz is probably from the DMD. Mine buzzes pretty bad when the SEGA logo flashes. but it buzzes to the pattern of the flashing. It needs to be replaced to fix from what i have heard. Im going to get a colorDMD eventually.

For cursing, you need the profanity roms. But from what I have heard, they break a few things in the game. I still want to get a set for myself. Someone is selling a set now for $40 in the marketplace.

2 weeks later
#881 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Ok. So I’m still trying to get the Kenny optos to work. I replaced both leds so that they matched , and it’s still not working. transmitter led is lit, but that’s about it. I’m almost ready to throw in the towel on this one and just buy new optos. Any other suggestions?

Review page 110 of the manual:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/4444/Sega_1999_South_Park_Manual_English.pdf

Test your values and make sure everything has a solid connection

2 weeks later
#896 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

blades might not be so bad, but the overpriced LED lights are another story.. please don't mention those abominations.

They are pretty expensive IMO, i made my own for like $30-40. But the idea is pretty cool, i wouldnt say they are an "abomination". They completely change the look/feel of the game, and if you set it up correctly, its for the best, especially on this dark table.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So just ordered another set of LEDs from the pinball wizard site. Man. This is getting crazy trying to get the right LEDs. It’s driving me batty. I won’t stop until I get it working correctly though. I’m really hoping these are the right ones. The ones I ordered from digikey don’t have the same specs as the one from pinball wizards site. So maybe this time I’ll get lucky. What am I gonna do with all these LEDs!!! ‍♂️

Did you get your optos working?

2 months later
#904 4 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Okay, so now my Kenny optos have stopped working. The left transmitter light is still showing a red light as before, but when the beam is blocked with a pinball, the switch doesn't register. I went into diagnostics, and it's showing the Kenny opto as being an "active switch." My hunch is that it shouldn't be doing that...can anyone confirm that the Kenny opto is NOT supposed to be "active" unless the beam is being physically blocked?
So if I'm correct that the Kenny opto switch is not supposed to be "active" then this must mean that somehow, the light is not making it from the transmitter to the receiver. Yet I'm looking at it, and it looks like the receiver is glowing red, which means the light is in fact reaching it.
So what the heck am I supposed to do?
Any help out there?
Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

i think it is always active until something breaks the beam, but i dont remember 100%. if you put your hand in front of one does the status change? if it does, you just need to adjust (bend) the LEDs

1 month later
#917 4 years ago

My kenny hole is worn pretty bad as well, I rolled up a small piece of blue duct tape to cushion the damaged area, and then just used that tape to hold it on haha. Ghetto, but it works for me until the guy who made the cartman hole and inlane fixes can get a kenny hole molded

2 weeks later
#920 4 years ago

Is there any way to keep the balls from getting stuck in Kenny's arms? It's been kind of a known issue the last 2 years I've owned it, but was wondering if there's a fix.

getting stuck in the springs? I had a similar issue but i just bent the springs a tad. Kenny will typically shake and the ball will drop as well.

1 month later
#947 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Hello All
However, even with LED's I am confused as to what part of the face lights up when a character is collected. I can see it flashing when started in the eye ball but can barely see it solid once completed. Is there a fix for this, any type of super bright LED.
Thanks in advance.

I used 'cool' white LEDs from Titan pinball. Personally I am not a fan of Warm white bulbs, makes everything look like its covered with nicotine lol. The Cool or Birght white LEDs make things pop.

Also, make sure your inserts are clean underneath. My PF was covered in coil dust when i got it. I didnt know the targets were colored lol.

#951 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

The playfield is really clean. I haven't inspected the inserts from underneath. I can see the lights in the eyes flashing but don't see them solid when you complete the mode. I have watched quite a few videos and I can't actually see the faces light up on any of them when a character is completed. I am confused as to how are you to know which one is done.

The faces will blink if you activated the characters mode, and if you did not finish it. If you finish the mode, the faces will stay solid. I havent ran into not being able to see them when solid. Sorry . Maybe try using the lamp test to see if all bulbs are working? Or flip the playfield up and tap the switches to complete the mode and make sure the lights are coming on.

1 week later
#957 4 years ago

Other than Cliffy, what does everyone use to protect the wood slope in front of Kenny? A clear coat of some kind? I've been told by others that having a Cliffy on both the front and back of the Kenny hole leads to too many rejects and I'd rather not go that route. Also difficulty in install...

Mine is terrible. I ended up making a cushion out of blue duct tape where it was destroyed. Its a little ghetto sure, but the dark blue duct tape kinda matches the PF. Hoping for an insert solution like pin-pimp made for the cartman hole. I have the cartman one and its great! I think he was planning on making it, but there hasnt been any talk about it recently.

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Start every characters event at least once likes spooky vision at the chef saucer. You have to start each mode to enable spooky vision, this means you have to enter the mr hanky mode for kyle, multiball for stan, kill kenny, beefcake for cartman, and collect the kids for chef. This can be for the entire three ball game.

i was one shot away from my first spooky vision the other night. Just needed to last the cartman countdown or make the last cartman shot, and BOOM...right down the right outlane. I hate that lane so much on this game.

1 month later
#995 3 years ago

The thing is, SP isnt a very desirable table. So expecting to get "better than NIB" price isnt realistic IMO. You will only likely fetch the top of the current market range. Javagrind gave you the best opinion IMO.

#998 3 years ago

On page 78 of the manual, there's an optional UK only ball deflector mech for the left and right outlanes. I've never seen or heard of this before. Does anyone have any insight on what this is?

I was wondering about that as well, and i wish i had that option lol i hate the damn outlanes on this table! Always screws me on the final Stan shot which keeps me from getting Spooky Vision

#1001 3 years ago

looks like i need to get the drill ready and find the parts! lol i hate that damn right outlane in particular.

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Just remove this rail and post and give yourself a chance at a save.
[quoted image]

like TSPP? lol

#1005 3 years ago

How smooth does the ball come down out the wireform from the cartman VUK? Mine goes side to side majority of the time and sometimes even jumps out of the inlane and down the drain. It kills smooth gameplay for me, so i need to fix it. The tab that connects it to the slingshot screw was broken and I had my uncle weld it back on. It looks like its on correctly, but maybe the angle is off or something?

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from mooshue:

Found another sweet mod to do today.
Green trees with snow caps.
Replaced all the clear numbers with green then topped with white rubber rings to blend in with the snowy trees of the surrounding artwork. May have to throw a spotlight on them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yea man! That was the first thing I thought about doing when i got my machine, since I did that, ive noticed a bunch more machines with the green posts and white rubbers now lol. Even on some random eBay listings ive seen it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/9#post-4296077

I still need to get the snowy pinblades though so it pops out better. Pinblades, new cabinet art, and a colorDMD and i think ill be done with my SP lol

#1011 3 years ago

Nice! I'll have to try this. Do you have to remove the ramp to do it?

yea, otherwise you will lose the nut on the bottom hold the post in place.

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from mooshue:

I went with Mirrored blades and really like how it turned out. Saw them on machines at the portland retro expo last year and snagged a set from a local Vendor. Really sucks to put it all back together only to find you have fingerprints on the mirrors
I think the last mod besides light up my toppers is under cab LEDs. I have a bunch of strips and controllers arriving for other projects and should have enough left over to put a nice rgb set under. The character mods look really sweet but I'm afraid of overcrowding the playfield.

I must say another mod that is a must for this table is stadium lighting. I did my own, and it’s pretty awesome, I still need to wire it into the GI though.

E9D39B64-D26A-44C5-8EFC-E92822635252 (resized).jpegE9D39B64-D26A-44C5-8EFC-E92822635252 (resized).jpeg
#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

I've owned my South Park for 7 months...finally made it to volcano mode for the first time today. Yay![quoted image]

nice! ive had mine for over 2 years now, and ive only hit spooky vision once i have so many issues hitting Stan's shot. The ball either wont go up the orbit smoothly and come back down, or it wont register as Stan everytime, and it will register as Chef. I guess its flying over the switch or the switch is bad.

1 week later
#1029 3 years ago

I have to post because this game has been INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING over the past 2 years since i bought it.

BUT I FINALLY MADE SPOOKY VISION! First time was on Monday I think. I finally got my rhythm down for hitting Stan's shot. IDK why but the ball always has issues there, will go side to side and not make it all the way a lot. Anyway, since Monday Ive hit it 3 times now.

My wife also started playing, which she hasnt touched the machine since i bought it, and wanted to know how she could get a high score. My highest was like 301M which was good for like 8th on the default settings. She suggested I remove the default scores so all the scores are ours or our company. Idk why i didnt do that before...so I set all the default HS starting from 11M going down (dont set them all as Zero. it will break the HS system.)

Anyway, I hit 331,058,920 today and I had 4 modes completed. HERE I COME VOLCANO!

EDIT: Apparently ive posted in the past that I hit Spooky Vision once before. I dont remember that actually haha. Well even so, im playing better now! haha

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Getting to and finishing Volcano is a challenge. I had my SP several years before I finally got it, and then wound up completing it twice in the same week! It takes practice to master all of the shots. Stick with it; you'll get there!

its so frustrating haha. Im by no means a good pinball player, i really enjoy it though. Making it to spooky vision is good enough for me at this point, but i have been played a lot more since being stuck in the house since March, so definitely getting better. Thanks for the encouragement! lol

1 week later
#1032 3 years ago

Where does your ball shooter hit the ball? I can get mine centered in the middle of the ball, but it’s at the top, which I assume is putting top spin on the ball at launch. Adjusting the shooter won’t fix it. Maybe it’s just too much shooter lane wear? I feel like my tspp is the same. Someone suggested bending the tabs Holding the play field. Suggestions? Thoughts? Anyone else? Lol

D627A846-4F61-4D5D-A7B5-F857125499BC (resized).jpegD627A846-4F61-4D5D-A7B5-F857125499BC (resized).jpeg
#1034 3 years ago

I made a shim and put it on the bottom under the the shooter assembly on the outside of the cabinet. That lowered the plunger.

Can you share a photo?

#1036 3 years ago

It's underneath the shooter assembly so you can't see it. Maybe I can explain. I used cardboard to cut a piece in a |_| shape that would fit between the cabinet and assembly. Loosen the assembly from the inside of the cabinet so you can slide it in from the bottom. Retighten. Plunger should now be lower. If it is not enough, cut another piece or use thicker material.
Good luck.....

Gotcha! Ill have to give it a try and see if it helps. Thanks!

#1037 3 years ago

Anyone else have an issue where sometimes hitting Kenny will also give you a Cartman hit? I thought my VUK switch was the problem, but it still seems to be randomly giving me a Kenny, sitting for a minute in the VUK then gives me a cart man and then shoots it out. I’m lost on what the issue is.

#1040 3 years ago

The roll over switches in the subway seem to work fine. I think it might be the VUK switch getting caught on the bracket or something so it’s holding itself down. It’s a brand new switch but it seems like it doesn’t quite fit like the old one.

Also on switch test it seems to delay a bit compared to other switches. Is this normal for this switch?

3 months later
#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Does the Cartman wire habitrail ever come up for sale? Mine has a broken lug above the right sling. Not a game breaker.

I think its like $100 on Marco. My was broken there too, I had my uncle just weld it back on.

2 weeks later
#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

So I am having an interesting issue and I am hoping its an easy fix. When hitting the kenny shot, the kenny shot registers but as it is going in the subway it also registers the cartman shot. This makes the game super easy as the easiest shot to make is kenny and you get double credit for that. It makes completing the Cartman shot really easy.
Any idea whats going on?

I had the same issue, but for me, it would hang in the VUK for a minute before shooting up, but it would register a cartman shot if i hit kenny or a double cartman shot if i shot Cartman. I replaced the VUK Y-switch and i havent noticed it since.

1 week later
#1069 3 years ago

how many of you have the post installed between the flippers? that was the first thing i did when i got mine because it was in the bag inside of the machine, and I am terrible haha

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Actually, the center post is not to make it easier on poor players, but make it harder for experienced players. The center post prevents bang backs off the left apron wall when the ball drains out the right outlane. and vice versa on left outlane, however left outlane bang backs are way harder. Once you get a wizard playing your machines on site, an operator's only defense was tightening the tilt and installing the center post to bring average ball times back down. I have seen several wizards (including my friend Rick Stetta) play all day banging the ball back into play, and some of them do it so effortlessly that it can make an operator weep.

Very interesting, never though about that, i rarely slam the machine or even nudge haha. I have a lot to learn in play. Right before covid i was going to join a local pinball league so i could learn watching others play. But sadly that didnt happen.

3 weeks later
#1080 3 years ago

my game sometimes hops over the plastics and down the drain when it comes out of the cartman vuk

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from IrishPat:

My game has gone crazy. I press start and it begins popping 2 balls into the plunger lane and then continuously throwing balls up into the game. Any one see this before? any suggestions?

Check the optic board on the ball through. Might have gone bad (solder joint, LED). I think you can see this in the switch test menu.

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Check the optic board on the ball through. Might have gone bad (solder joint, LED). I think you can see this in the switch test menu.

3 weeks later
#1102 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Not to be annoying with so many questions, but I’m rebuilding my playfield, and I have some small thin clear plastic washers. Can anyone tell me where these go? They were off the pin before I got it.

My machine has those under the springs that hold the characters so i imagine the springs dont wear out the plastics. Not sure if that is where they go or not. When i tore down the playfield, i put them back there.

3 months later
#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Does anyone else have a pin2dmd in their machine? I have the cb3 colorization but saw there is a version from hazurdous. I tried sending a message on vpuniverse but it says he can't get messages. Does anyone have files for his colorization or know how to contact him?

I have a few pin2dmd color files im using on my virtual pin. I emailed you what i have, not sure if its what you are looking for or not.

5 months later
#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from Conrad:

Hi everyone,
I acquired a new to me South Park pin. Does anyone have the toilet replacement made? I'm looking to get one as mine has taken a beating and will need to be replaced at somepoint.
Also secondly, where have people gotten all the topper pieces for the top besides Cartman? I absolutely want/need to find one as that is a killer mod to me.
Thanks
Conrad

There is a 3D print file for the toilet you can use, its linked in this thread.

For all the Kids toppers, I found mine on ebay, search South Park 6 inch figure or something like that. i forgot the actually name of them, but thats how i found mine

5 months later
#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from Brh5073:

I honestly don't know but for a programmer I don't see it being that hard. Ive worked with programmers and have manipulated simple code so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to add the profanity code and sound/video files in place of the regular files. I really wish someone would do this because I think this game has a lot of potential. I also think changing the rules would be great so that the chef,Kyle and Stan don't reset every time a ball drains.

i thought the same thing and would love it. But from what I have read about the subject, the roms are encrypted and can’t be modified. It would require a P3 system or another completely Custom solution.

5 months later
#1293 1 year ago

Mine makes different hums as the dmd attract screens change. The worst is the “wave” like hum when it shows SEGA

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sk8ersublime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in?tu=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.