image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scotty_k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Any idea what Mr hanky says between games?
"These pinballs are ruining my ????"
I can never figure out what he is saying.

"These pinballs are ruining my environment."

I've had my SP for over 10 years; first pin I ever owned.

1 month later
#374 6 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Yea im definitely saving it. I tried to glue it, but it wouldnt stick. I need to check the bracket for him not going down, he tries to go down, but immediately pops back up. I can manually push him down and he will stay until multiball.

When you do the wire fix, use some epoxy to attach the arm to the body; that's what I did on mine. It helps.

With regard to Mr. Hanky not staying down, you might need to remove the unit from beneath the playfield and check to see if the catch has been "rounded" from so much use. You might need to use a file to square it. Or it could simply need to be bent back into proper shape/position. (I had the same thing happen to mine, too.)

Congrats on the pick-up, BTW!

#379 6 years ago

Thanks! Yea I need to fix the target in front of the toilet as well, the right target doesnt move when its hit or even if i touch it, its like its jammed. im having trouble working on the back of this machine. This is my first pin, so im not sure how im supposed to get a better angle at that as the bar i hold up the PF with doesnt give me very much clearance for the back of the PF.

Ah OK; here's what you need to do: When you lift up the playfield from it's original position, pull it out toward you as far as it will go (it will slide); then, tilt it all the way back so that it rests on the backbox. If you have the manual, I believe it shows you how to do this. That way, you will have access to the entire bottom of the playfield. It will also make it much easier to get at the drop target that is stuck, and anything else that needs to be looked at for that matter.

(BTW, South Park was my first pin, too, so I had to learn a lot along the way as well.)

#385 6 years ago

How do I get the game to save it’s settings during power off? Batteries are new, but the volume and free play reset every time I turn it on.

Nevermind. Cold solder joint on the battery holder! All is well now!

You might wish to consider replacing batteries with a NVRAM chip; you won't need to worry about battery leakage (which could damage the board), and you'll never need to replace batteries again.

Glad you got Mr. Hanky working!

1 month later
#468 5 years ago

Replaced the flipper mechanics and coils. Flippers work great now. I believe I have them aligned correctly, or at least close enough. The tips should be centered with the holes in the PF right? thats what Ive done. I managed to get my first HS on the machine since getting the new flippers 301M, over 200M on the first ball then side drain of course.
The only issue I have with the flippers now is that the left one buzzes very loud if i hold it, I read to tighten and check everything, and it all seems to be good. The right flipper is fine, but the left is very loud. I also read this is normal? Can you guys chime in and let me know what you think about that?

Glad to hear that you have resolved your flipper issue. You are correct; the tips do indeed center align with the hole.

Regarding the buzzing, my SP flippers also buzz when they are held (one is a bit louder than the other). As far as I know, this is normal and doesn't seem to affect anything negatively, so all is good.

Nice job on the high score!

5 months later
#550 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

It is funny how such a simple rule set can be difficult to accomplish for an average player.

No kidding. I think that's why the Stan, Chef, and Kyle shots don't save from ball-to-ball; it's to compensate for the relative simple rule set. Think about it; if you had every shot save, then this game would be way too easy, and everyone would get tired of it very quickly, and bash it even more. I've owned this game since 2004, and I FINALLY accomplished the Volcano for the first time about a week ago! (Not that I play this game every day, but still...)

Quoted from javagrind888:

It's my wife's favorite machine because of the simplicity. It always gets tons of plays with guests too

I have experienced this with guests as well; everyone seems to like the theme, the callouts are great and make everyone laugh. And for all of the grief this game gets from the better pinball players, it's very popular with the general public and gets lots of plays and probably made some decent coin, and that's what pin companies and distributors are in business for, no?

4 months later
#639 5 years ago

Ok, so LED or LCD ColorDmd for this machine? I'm going to pick one up at TPF but can't decide from what I've seen on the internet.

If the higher price is not a bother to you, I would suggest the LCD ColorDMD. With that one you would have the option of having it look like an LED if you wanted to, or have the high resolution look. With LED, you're pretty much locked with that look. $30 difference between the two, so...

1 week later
#659 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Anyone know where to order bridge rectifier for this game? I cant seem to find them anywhere.

Have you checked Ebay? That's where I got mine.

2 weeks later
#696 5 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

Where do you order the color dmd from...and how easy is it to install

ColorDMD can be ordered online here:

https://www.colordmd.com/Home.html

As far as installation is concerned, if you are reasonably handy, it takes about 10-15 minutes.

3 months later
#784 4 years ago

South Park was the first pin that I owned; while there were times that it used to drive me absolutely crazy when things would go wrong, I really enjoyed trying to figure out why those things would happen and then go about fixing and repairing them. There was no greater feeling than finding and resolving a problem, and I also learned a great deal about pinball repair from that pin. I no longer own SP (I sold it a couple of months ago for much more than I bought it for!), but I wouldn't trade the time I owned it for anything in the world.

1 month later
#806 4 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue with the post sleeve in the picture? It always slides up off the post and I have to pull the glass and push it back down. I’ve tried an oversized one, a titan silicone one, and now this one is just replacement rubber. It always slides up after a few whacks trying to hit the Stan shot. Any ideas?[quoted image]

I used to have the same problem when I owned SP. I used to dab a bit of LocTite on it to prevent it from sliding up.

#830 4 years ago

Check the alignment of the optics in front of Kenny. It might need to be resoldered. The delay is likely because it is out of alignment so its not playing the audio or shaking until it hits the switch in the subway.

This would seem to be the most likely culprit. The optos could be out of alignment, or might not even be working at all. When I first got my SP, I needed to replace my optos in order to get Kenny to work properly. The ball breaking the beam between the optos should set Kenny off; otherwise, the ball needs to roll over the switch in the tunnel under the playfield to make Kenny work. Go into the Service Portal, then go to the switch test. If you pass a ball or your finger between the optos, you should see an indication on your screen. If it doesn't fire, check the alignment. Also, check to see that the wires are attached to both of the opto boards (one might have come loose). If that doesn't work, it might be time to replace the optos.

For cursing, you need the profanity roms...

Not necessarily. When the "adult" setting is enabled, certain things happen, like when Cartman mode starts, he has the explosive farting. When it's not, it shows "Beefcake". Also, if you wait too long to launch a ball on your turn, it's possible to hear the bus driver say, "What all you all starin' at?", after which one of the characters might say "Shut up, b*tch!"; needless to say, this will not be heard when adult speech is off. Another thing that I can think of is if you have it set for coin play, and you press start without having put in coins, you will hear the bus driver say, "How'd you like to suck my a**?" One more thing is the slings will fart when Terrence and Phillip have been collected, otherwise they just laugh.

I still want to get a set for myself. Someone is selling a set now for $40 in the marketplace.

I think I have a set still lying around here. I'll take a look. I would let 'em go for less than $40. Honestly, I put them in, saw what they were about, and then took them right out. The code is not complete, so some things don't work as they should. The only thing that's very different is that there is a "carpet munching mode" (really!); If I remember correctly, it's a flipper race. I don't remember how to set it off, but it's there. Definitely not for kids.

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Oh. And by the way, I used a red led bulb instead of a clear one. Would that make a difference on that Kenny opto ?

I think you have to use an LED that is specifically an opto receiver or transmitter; a regular LED won't work. Check the manual for a part number.

6 months later
#938 4 years ago

I no longer own SP (or any Whitewater, for that matter), but if memory serves, there is a potentiometer on the board that can adjust the 5V. I had this same thing happen on the Monopoly that I owned at the time, and that fixed the problem.

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Okay, I don't think I have much to lose with your approach, so I'll buy a new board, and coat the base of the led in epoxy, and see if it holds up.
However, I have a question. You mentioned the switch in the subway backs up the opto. On my machine it does not. I tested that switch with the diagnostic menu, and can see that it registers when I trip it manually with my finger. However, during gameplay, if I shoot the Kenny hole (with the non-functional opto) then the balls rolls down the subway over the switch, BUT the game still registers the ball as if it had just gone straight into the Cartman hole. So the Kenny switch appears to serve no purpose...at least on my machine. Perhaps there's ANOTHER problem going on. Which is difficult to diagnose because, as I said, the switch menu indicates that the switch is in working order.

I would recommend that you test that switch by rolling a ball over it. Sometimes you are able to trip a switch with your finger, but not with a ball. If this is indeed the case, then a height adjustment would be in order.

2 weeks later
#946 4 years ago

...For the toilet guide, I looked up foam strips on eBay. I'll see if I have some extra.

Another thing that you might consider is foam insulation strips, like what you might use around an air conditioner. You can get them in varying widths, or even trim it down to size. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes.

1 month later
#969 3 years ago

If you still have batteries in your game, I would check around that area for battery corrosion. Sometimes you can't even see it, as it will creep behind sockets and such.

1 month later
#1030 3 years ago

Getting to and finishing Volcano is a challenge. I had my SP several years before I finally got it, and then wound up completing it twice in the same week! It takes practice to master all of the shots. Stick with it; you'll get there!

2 weeks later
#1039 3 years ago

Anyone else have an issue where sometimes hitting Kenny will also give you a Cartman hit? I thought my VUK switch was the problem, but it still seems to be randomly giving me a Kenny, sitting for a minute in the VUK then gives me a cart man and then shoots it out. I’m lost on what the issue is.

I no longer own SP, but I seem to remember a similar issue. You might want to check the switch midway on the tunnel leading from Kenny to Cartman's VUK. I think after hitting the Kenny shot, that switch needs to be thrown so that Cartman doesn't register. Your problem may lie there.

1 year later
#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

I heard it was glitchy and the rug munching game got old fast so I never pursued it. I prefer the pinball rather than video games on my pinball machines.

I can confirm that. I bought the roms out of curiosity. Played it for a bit, then switched back. The other thing to keep in mind is that those roms are incomplete code.

3 months later
#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from Brh5073:

Don't get the profanity roms. It's like 5-6 chips you need to replace a d the important thing to know about the profanity chips is they were prototypes so they are incomplete. You get like 2 curse words, carpet munching mode and then so much of the game is missing. You will be missing music and stuff on the display is missing. Don't waste your time. Unless someone one day combines the code from the profanity chips with the current game play it is a complete waste of time.

^^^This. It was interesting to see the "carpet-munching mode", but other than that, totally not worth the time or effort. So much is missing from this incomplete code. I can say if you do get the chips, it will be short order before you return to the regular ones.

1 year later
#1445 11 months ago

If anyone is interested, I have a set of the South Park 0.90 "profanity chips" that I will be bringing to Allentown.

$40 for the set; PM me if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scotty_k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in?tu=scotty_k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.