image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwarren28806.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 9 years ago

Add me to the club. I got mine for Christmas from my wife. Our first pin. My kids bought the replacement rubbers, LED's and a manual. I've been working on it just about every day. Lots of little stuff needed fixing. Mr. Hankey was missing a hand (appears to be standard for the game) which I found in the bottom of the case. Kenny and both sets of optos were the worst. Plastic around him were broke so I bought a piece of Lexan and cut pieces to replace. If you don't the optos get bashed by the balls. LED's ghost a bit but the overall pop overshadows it. As of today, everything works. My wife and kids love the game. Simple rules and easy to play. I won't be selling mine anytime soon.

1 month later
#66 8 years ago

Which decals? The small ones on the targets?

3 weeks later
#68 8 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the ball occasionally shooting out of the top VUK and getting stuck in the plastic in the upper left corner?

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Never had that one!

It's almost like an electrical spike. I checked the coil, it's the correct one. I tried to adjust the coil pulse power lower but then the ball occasionally doesn't get all the way up the wire ramp and goes back down.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Its funny how much this machine is hated, yet it still does really well on locations so the price is still pretty high.
Would love to find a fixer upper for cheap someday. I remember playing one at a Dave and Busters maybe 20 years ago and enjoying the hell out of it.

The hard core guys don't care for it because it's really basic with almost no rule set at all. It's mindless pinball, like most of the games on Facebook or on the cell phone. I like it because I CAN just go bash the ball around for a while and not get tied up in a 3 page rule set manual. Sometimes you need to do something that requires minimal thought. And, of course, farts are always funny.

I wish someone would come up with updated ROM's that hold the progress for the Stan and Kyle shots. Probably won't happen this week though..........

1 month later
#80 8 years ago

I have had my SP since December. The free ball light at the top of the playfield has come on only twice and oddly enough on consecutive days in 7 months. Is there a setting that turns that on and off that I may have inadvertently messed up?

4 weeks later
#83 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Are there times when the ball saver comes on unexpectedly mid-ball? It seems to be happening sometimes (but not always) as it kicks out of the VUK near Cartman, but I can't find anything about it in the menus.
Basically, should it ever come on except for the first few seconds after you plunge?

Nope. At last it doesn't on mine. But what do you mean exactly by ball saver? When the game awards you another ball because use drained too quickly or when the ball goes back down the plunger lane?

1 week later
#86 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Played it some more to be sure. I'm 90% sure that it comes on every time the machine kicks a ball out of the VUK near Cartman. The ball save insert flashes for about 2 seconds, then shuts off. Pretty sure it will always give you the ball back if you drain at that moment.

I'm either blind, haven't noticed at all, or our machines are different. I don't have a ball saver insert. Is it between the flippers? If so, then I believe you have a UK version machine.

Can you take a picture and include in your reply? I'd like to see it.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

It's the South Park sign between the flippers. (Ball will drain, then get kicked into the plunger lane, and auto plunged...like the ball saver on most/all modern machines).

I never noticed that it worked like that before. Does the DMD and Chef say something that you drained too quickly also?

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Kyrosfear:

Do any of you guys know if Cliffy protectors have ever been made for this title?
-Kyros

Yes.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/spk.htm

The slot protectors are universal. Like where the ball drops after coming out of the Right VUK.

1 month later
#93 8 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Hi Everyone. Well I just picked up a South Park project today and I need some help. Can anyone tell me where I could get a speaker panel, display, and even a board set. This was a complete project, but I think I can bring it back to life. Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
lloyd

Display from Marco Specialties or Pinball Life. Boards from Marco. Speakers probably anywhere but the panel itself, I'm not sure.

1 week later
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Welcome to the club!
I would start by pulling the 2 opto boards, cleaning them up, resoldering the LEDs and wires onto the board and reinstalling.

Ditto this. One of the LED's is coming unsoldered. These are the touchiest things on the game. They are a PITA and you have to readjust them frequently. But it is worth it to see Kenny working properly.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Thanks, I pulled, cleaned and resoldered, and still acted up. Put pressure on the receiver and it went away. May have to pull and reflow all components on the board. Will try when it acts up again.

I had the same issue. I used some washers to tilt the board to get it to line up.

1 week later
#110 8 years ago

I finally got around to looking my flippers. They work OK but I thought them to be a bit weak. The sleeves were very dirty, as expected. The stops mushroomed. The ends of the plungers were damaged, as expected based on the stops. I noticed that the plungers had a flat spot almost the complete length. None of the other flippers on other machines I have rebuilt have this. Is this something unique to Sega machines?

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

Just added trap springs around Kenny. Didn't even know they were supposed to be there. Found the remains of the old one when I took up the plastic. I bet they are broke on most SP. I am not positive if they are installed correctly though. Hopefully this will help keep the opto from getting knocked out of alignment.

kenny_trap_spring_1.jpg kenny_trap_spring_2.jpg

Mine are missing. I see them in the manual. Just plain missed them. Do they attach under the nuts in front of Kenny under the plastic?

1 month later
#118 8 years ago
Quoted from lowga:

Sign us up. Proud owner of a new SP, purchased for my wife as a Christmas present. I'm looking for a replacement toilet, and two cracked plastics--both are the "Christmas Scenes" in the middle of the playfield with snow, tress, etc.
Can pay via PayPal or USPS money order if anyone has some extras to spare. Marco is sold out of both, Bay Area Amusements too!
Les & Abby Rayburn
Maylene, AL

I couldn't find the plastics either. So in the mean time, until I can, I bought a piece of Lexan and cut, filed, sanded and drilled to fill the void. Not the entire piece but large enough to cover what is missing. Once you start playing, you hardly notice. My wife bought SP for me last Christmas. Then the kids all bought the LED's, rubbers, balls, extra figurines. So Igot to "work" on MY present. When you buy parts, be sure to get the springs to cover the opto's (see post above). If you don't have them, you will be constantly playing with them to get them lined up as they get pushed around a lot.

1 week later
#125 8 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

If I remember correctly its just a black piece of 1/4 x 1/4 foam like the stuff that goes around windows

Mine is hard plastic. I think foam would deteriorate and get torn up quickly. I'd use something more durable.

2 months later
#137 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

new member here, found a really dirty one which needs major cleaning. Time will tell if I can get it cleaned up. I do need to know if anyone has a full set of target decals for sale, or the pictures of them so I could get them printed. Thank you

http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=PDG279

2 months later
#139 7 years ago
Quoted from lowga:

I'm looking for the prototype ROM for this game? It's the one that has the carpet munching race in video mode. Any chance of finding one out there for sale or trade?
Please send me a PM.
Love me some South Park, Butt Pirates!
P.S. At the end of the game, there is a audio cue that says something like, "This pinballs are ruining my anatomy??" Can't make out the last word. Anyone know what it says?
Les & Abby Rayburn

ruining my environment..........

As a side note, I can't help but be disappointed with all of the South Park bashers. Fun call outs. Easy to learn. Longer than typical play time per game. What is there not to like?

2 weeks later
#142 7 years ago
Quoted from Switch:

Finally joined the club last night. Found one kinda close (7 hours) for a somewhat reasonable price on eBay. Condition wasn't as good as it looked in the photos, which is how it goes sometimes but it plays 100%. Planning on a color DMD for this one and some LEDs. I have a couple of common issues I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to address it.
1. The Kenny hole has horrible wear and I can actually rub on it and get wood to shard off. I was thinking of trying to seal/repair the area with some epoxy and create a decal to actually cover the wood area to hide the repair? Has anyone doe this before?
2. The toilet is cracked and has seen better days. I didn't see this part available on Marco so not sure if I can get one somewhere else?
3. This is the worst one to fix. The roller over switch area on the right inlane has some of the worst wear I have ever seen. it is wore clean into the fibers of the wood. I was thinking about using a cliffy protector or filling it with epoxy and using a decal to disguise the repair.
I'm sure these are common problems for these games and can certainly be fixed to players condition. Pretty excited to get one for under the ridiculous market price now even if it needs a little love. These games are killers on route so it seems hard to get a nice one without paying a premium.

1. Mine showed wear but not too crazy. I smoothed it off and put several coats of Polyurethane on it. Looks fine.

2. Good luck with this one. I've seen them listed but really expensive. I don't even know where to start taking it apart.

3. The balls coming out of the Cartman VUK land right on it. I got mine cleaned up reasonably well but if it gets any worse, I'd go for a Cliffy.

As an FYI, if you are going to upgrade to LED's, you need non-ghosting.

2 months later
#149 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I just picked up a south park today with some issues ( i was not told about)
should the ball be launched with auto plunger every time?

Initial plunge, no. All other times, yes.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

Thats the way it is supposed to be. Frustrates the crap out of me.

If only I could figure out how to program the ROM's. Obvious oversight as the programming carries over the easiest 2.

2 weeks later
#163 7 years ago
Quoted from mystic-:

Just found this thread! I've had mine a couple months and love it, I was lucky enough to find one in very good condition.
I thought it was weird that Towelie isn't anywhere on the machine, but you can hear his voice in one of the comments while playing.
Defiantly a keeper!

Towelie wasn't introduced until 2001. Machine predates his character. That is why he is missing.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Joined the club today. Kenny optos not working. Toilet is cracked but works. Hankey is missing a hand. 2 minor cracks in plastics.

My optos didn't work either. There are supposed to be "springs" over them so that the ball does not hit them. Those are probably gone. I had to re-solder and re-aim them. They are a pain. But worth it to see Kenny moving around. Good thing is that not having them does not affect game play.

Look in the bottom of the cabinet and I'll bet you will find the hand that is always missing. That's where I found mine. There is a post in this forum on how to reattach it.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Does anyone have a scan of the thin plastic to the right of Kenny? The top of mine was missing when I bought the machine. I looked for a set of plastics a while ago but couldn't find any. I guess making my own is the next best option.

Almost impossible to find that plastic. I got a piece of acrylic from home depot and made one using a Dremel tool. It is just clear but unless you stare at it, you hardly know it isn't the original.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Im in need of the toilet target decals and the decals for Mafesto and Ned. Anyone have some they can sell? I'm aware Marco has the entire decal sheet, but $60 seems steep for just 5 stickers I need.

Check Action Pinball. They are showing a target set of 13 for $20.

1 month later
#218 7 years ago

From what I have read, it adds the Cartman carpet munching game but you lose some game play. IMO, I'd rather have a better pinball experience than a DMD game.

1 week later
#222 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I think you lose a lot of the music, like the multiball guitar rift with the profanity ROMs. And many others. I'm not sold on it. I wish someone could merge the two together

If you find someone to do that, have them change the code to save Kyle and Stan progress like Kenny and Cartman.

3 months later
#242 7 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

Does any ones South Park auto plunge the ball when both flippers are pressed at the same time? There doesn't appear to be a setting for this, just wondering if this is normal.

Mine also so it must be normal. My Sega Lost World does the same thing so possibly it could be something the manufacturer included in their code.

1 month later
#250 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Many thanks. The question is now what led colour to use. Very strange to have a back insert??

That light comes on so infrequently I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Since it is extremely hard to see when it does come on, use at least a 2 SMD something so you can see it. I've had my machine over 2 years and I think it has come on 3 times. You have to have a real crappy score in order for it to light.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

The extra ball insert looks black from the top but it lights up yellow when lit.

It's just an odd color for an insert. EXTRA BALL should shout out at you.

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

the ball falls off the ramps and not directly on top of the switch. the switch is lower in this case so the cliffy really doesn't cover this type wear

I used mylar squares under mine. Cliffys have their place but if they are in a spot where they get banged on a lot, they tend to bend and misshape. You can fill that in with Polyurethane. It takes time and patience. I did that around the Cartman and Kenny holes.

1 week later
#268 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Not a southpark club member, but my friend is...Hope nobody minds me asking for him, but does anybody know where I can get just this small playfield plastic to the right of kenny? His machine has nice plastics except for this one...
Alternately, if that plastic isn't available by itself, is there anyone willing to scan there's at actual size so I can print it out and make him a plastic for now??
Thanks guys! Really appreciate it!!!!!

IMO, unless you know there is supposed to be a plastic there and are looking for it, you don't even realize it is missing. I didn't have one on mine either. I bought a clear piece of Lexan and cut a piece to fill the void. It is so small, you don't even know it is missing.

1 month later
#280 6 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Hello all! Just got my own South Park yesterday, and I have a quick question....actually two. Sometimes, when the ball enters the toilet, it gets hung up in the subway. Seems like there is a little section right under the toilet, where the ball can get hung up...almost like a little notch/corner has been molded into the subway plastic there. I realize now, in trying to describe this, that I should've taken a pic of the area, haha. Anyone else have this issue?
Also, does anyone have the full digital manual?
Thanks!

I initially had this issue also. Took the entire thing apart (What a PITA BTW). Cleaned it, waxed it, put it back together. No help. Then sometime alter I moved the machine and it went away. Bottom line, check the level. I now check it whenever I move it. I haven't had the issue since.

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Here is a pic of the subway with an arrown pointing to where the ball gets stuck. I did raise the back and that helped somewhat.

As an FYI, I don't know want you are using to check the angle but if you are using your phone with an app forget it. Different apps give you different readings that are all over the place. Get a digital protractor or something similar. Set it as close to 6 1/2 degrees as you can.

1 month later
#304 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

But that glare is horrible....

This is the reason I gave up on lighting the back glass. I took the bulb out entirely. I'd rather see the playfield than the back glass.

3 weeks later
#319 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I will run some switch diagnostics.
I just got this but all of the games I have played in the wild always require getting it into the toilet to get the hankey multiball.
Thanks.

There is one scenario where going through one of the inner lanes triggers multi-ball also but I forget specifically what that is.

3 months later
#330 6 years ago

The connectors to the targets are .100 not .156. I previously bought a bunch of .156 connectors and terminals to do the same thing and they were too big.

2 weeks later
#335 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Is that the Cointaker kit? Looks good!

man. I had an order of other stuff with g-p-e that I finally put it and through in a few of these at a .156 to give it a shot.

I purchased .100's from G-P-E and the number he gave me, Molex 22-01-2027, doesn't fit either. Pins line up but the base depth is too big. I haven't gotten back to him yet but I think we might be looking for something that doesn't exist.

3 weeks later
#342 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Just to clarify I meant the tank lid seems a bit heavy for the Mr. Hankey to push up.

Page 24 of the manual gives instructions on how to adjust it.

1 week later
#350 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Just curious, noticed one in marketplace, it has clear subways. Mine are red, is there any reason for that on the Sega games?

Mine are clear also.. As long as they function properly and they are under they playfield, I don't think it makes much difference.

2 months later
#359 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Anyone around?

Yes ???

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

So have two areas i want to get fixed,here they are

Mine didn't get that bad either before I addressed it. I put a couple coats of Polyurethane around the edge of the cut for the switch then clear mylar square directly under the drop down.

That spot by the toilet is very odd. I'm not sure what to do with that. IMO, It's too far in to be ball damage. Maybe someone did that accidentally while replacing the switches as those appear to be non-original.

3 weeks later
#394 6 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Are non ghosting leds really that necessary? Looks like I can build a set of standard leds for like $60/70. Non ghosting set is like $150+

If you use standard LED's, there will be a small amount of low level flashing based on what other lights are triggered. If you can ignore that kind of thing, you don't need them. If you are prone to the strobe effect, as referenced above, or a bit of an OCD perfectionist, like I am, you should stay away from the standard bulbs.

4 weeks later
#421 6 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

just picked up a south park about 2 weeks ago and sent all my boards off for complete rebuild cant wait to play this.anyone have any mod figures

Figures can be found on eBay. Pricey, IMO, but they can be found.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Unfolded my south park I bought last summer. Finally have a slot for it.
Is it correct to get Mr hankey multiball by shooting Kenny?
I looked thru the manual last night and there is only very vague and non game specific game play outline.
I did see to my surprise that kenny has lights inside the toy. Anyone ever go in after those?

With the standard ROM's it is not correct. Possibly something is wired incorrectly.

The lights inside Kenny can be changed. There is a small screw you have to remove and not a lot of room to get to it. I put bright LED's in mine. It looks great.

#442 6 years ago

I have this same issue with the Cartman VUK. I figure its just the switch that needs to be replaced.

I have hit Mr. Hankey 5 times, and then had the ball go down the right return and it started multiball. Doesnt happen often, but i think something is jacked in the code of this game personally. Too many oddities happen, not to mention the unfinished nature of shot saving between balls.

The right return lane thing is a known issue. You have to go down the lane without hitting anything else immediately after initializing multiball. I'm not sure what you mean about shot saving between balls.

In response to the kickout, occasionally this happens to mine also. I believe it can be fixed by bending the guide a bit. Since it doesn't really affect game play, I haven't messed with it.

6 months later
#553 5 years ago
Quoted from Kanthony:

Hello group, I am having a South Park completely gone through and rebuilt. I am having an issue finding a left ramp replacement. I have looked everywhere anyone know how I can find one.
[quoted image]

If that is a picture of yours, it looks better that mine. Clean it up and put it back in as I doubt you are going to find a replacement.

4 months later
#661 5 years ago

I’ve wanted the Cartman topper for so long, but didn’t want to spend the $50 on it. Holding off, paid off! Snagged the set for $20![quoted image]

Where did you get those from?

3 months later
#749 4 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Well, damn.[quoted image]

I broke my red middle one. Those are relatively easy to replace.

2 months later
#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Ok. So now that I have my machine in my house, played it quite a bit last night. Now I want to get inside and start cleaning it up. Pretty dusty inside the cabinet. And the playfield needs a good cleaning. What is safe to use on the playfield and what kind of wax should I use on it? I really want to get into it this weekend and spruce this baby up.

Ahhhh the great waxing debate. You can find several posts about that. You will see that everyone has their own opinion. Basically, don't use wax that is a cleaner or has an abrasive. When cleaning, take your time and don't get too aggressive. Common sense and patience. There are some people that use Mr. Clean magic eraser. I've seen what that does to paint on walls and wouldn't get that anywhere near a pinball machine.

Since you are a newbie, I'm guessing you will need to replace the balls also. If they aren't bright and shiny, get new ones. Get them from a reputable pinball parts site.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Also, lifting up the playfield feels like it’s in need of some type of grease or something. It’s not easy to do. Is there a hinge or something like that can be hit with some type of grease or wd-40 maybe ??

Nope. It is what it is. metal on metal. You will figure out what works best for you after you have done it a couple of dozen times. BTW, Putting it back, I have found, is just as awkward.

5 months later
#922 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I don't have any springs. What do they look like? Up near his arms?
I have to wait until the 2nd ball search when he pops forward and the ball falls into the hole.

Marco has them. 265-5051-00. $4.95 each. Be careful not to tighten them too tight or they break off. Voice of experience. Probably what happened to yours. They also protect the optos from being banged.

#924 4 years ago

Ah, I have one of those in the coin box, have had it since the beginning. When I asked about it I was told that they all break and no one uses it anyway. Never thought about it again.

Yes they do apparently break, but, so do other things in life. Nothing is forever. They do prevent the ball getting stuck and banging the optos. I did not have them when I got mine and I had to adjust the optos frequently. So for $10 I put them in.

1 month later
#949 4 years ago

I used 'cool' white LEDs from Titan pinball. Personally I am not a fan of Warm white bulbs, makes everything look like its covered with nicotine lol. The Cool or Birght white LEDs make things pop.
Also, make sure your inserts are clean underneath. My PF was covered in coil dust when i got it. I didnt know the targets were colored lol.

FYI in case it wasn't mentioned previously, for non-GI sockets, you need non-ghosting bulbs.

1 week later
#956 4 years ago

Other than Cliffy, what does everyone use to protect the wood slope in front of Kenny? A clear coat of some kind? I've been told by others that having a Cliffy on both the front and back of the Kenny hole leads to too many rejects and I'd rather not go that route. Also difficulty in install...

Polyurethane. A couple of coats every year or so. Mine wasn't chewed up so I didn't have to try to repair it.

2 weeks later
#968 3 years ago

I was in the middle of a game and most of the machine shut down. I have GI lights and one broken line across the display. I took out the power supply board and it visually looks OK. Fuse in the board is OK. Put it back on. No change. Any suggestions on where to start checking?

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

I was in the middle of a game and most of the machine shut down. I have GI lights and one broken line across the display. I took out the power supply board and it visually looks OK. Fuse in the board is OK. Put it back on. No change. Any suggestions on where to start checking?

I had a chance to do a bit more investigation. Fuse F23 was blown although you wouldn't know it to look at it. That goes to BRDG21. How do I check if that is bad or not as something had to blow the fuse?

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Here's a good video:

That worked great. Since I had to take the board off I checked all 4. They are all good.

Onto the next next thing in line, the LM338K voltage regulator. Reading on it a bit it I don't see a way of testing it without it being powered. Not sure how to do that with the board mounted. I'm sure I'm missing something. Hopefully someone here with more experience can suggest something. It appears to be an obsolete part so if I need to replace it I'll have to update it.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi all why is my game saying it has too many balls lol is it the up kicker boards thanks for any help

A switch may be stuck on or need an adjustment. Take all of the balls out, go into the maintenance portal, diagnostics menu, switch menu and take active switch option. It will show which ones are on. I think there should only be 2 on. Opto's at kenny and ball trough position 1 if I remember correctly.

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Ok it says 3 are on one is Kenny Opto and the other 2 are ball though 2 there it's still kicking out just 4 balls leaving one in there so it must be the Opto at the ball though?

If I'm reading the switch diagram properly, the trough switch should be second column, second from the bottom. Kenny should be column 6, second from the top. The third one on should be the issue. I'm not 100% sure if the trough switch is on if there is a ball there or off. I would check against mine but it's broke (see posts above).

1 week later
#984 3 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

That worked great. Since I had to take the board off I checked all 4. They are all good.
Onto the next next thing in line, the LM338K voltage regulator. Reading on it a bit it I don't see a way of testing it without it being powered. Not sure how to do that with the board mounted. I'm sure I'm missing something. Hopefully someone here with more experience can suggest something. It appears to be an obsolete part so if I need to replace it I'll have to update it.

I replaced the blown fuse and it powered up properly. I checked all the coils through the diagnostic menu and found nothing wrong. Played a couple of games and everything seems normal. I guess I will just have to watch it.

1 month later
#1033 3 years ago

Where does your ball shooter hit the ball? I can get mine centered in the middle of the ball, but it’s at the top, which I assume is putting top spin on the ball at launch. Adjusting the shooter won’t fix it. Maybe it’s just too much shooter lane wear? I feel like my tspp is the same. Someone suggested bending the tabs Holding the play field. Suggestions? Thoughts? Anyone else? Lol[quoted image]

I made a shim and put it on the bottom under the the shooter assembly on the outside of the cabinet. That lowered the plunger.

#1035 3 years ago

Can you share a photo?

It's underneath the shooter assembly so you can't see it. Maybe I can explain. I used cardboard to cut a piece in a |_| shape that would fit between the cabinet and assembly. Loosen the assembly from the inside of the cabinet so you can slide it in from the bottom. Retighten. Plunger should now be lower. If it is not enough, cut another piece or use thicker material.

Good luck.....

#1038 3 years ago

Anyone else have an issue where sometimes hitting Kenny will also give you a Cartman hit? I thought my VUK switch was the problem, but it still seems to be randomly giving me a Kenny, sitting for a minute in the VUK then gives me a cart man and then shoots it out. I’m lost on what the issue is.

I had that issue. I found that one of the wires to the coil was almost off, holding on by one strand. I resoldered it and problem solved.
Hopefully it is the same for yours.

2 months later
#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from Melly:

Hi im joining the club got my south park a few months ago but i just noticed that my machine is missing the 2 flashers does anyone know where i can buy the parts for that? Also im looking for some plastik parts both kenny parts the big one whit the agent poeple on it and the right lane with the cows[quoted image]

Marco specialties looks to have some of them in stock. I would look through the manual to get all of the parts and hardware numbers.

Good luck with the plastic. I couldn't find either and settled on cutting and shaping a clear piece of acrylic. You wont know it is missing unless you stare at it.

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from Melly:

Can you send me a link to the parts marco has? Would appreciate it i unfortunately don't have the manual and can't find the parts thanks for your reply and sorry for bad English im from germany

https://www.marcospecialties.com/

Manual:

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=south+park&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

2 weeks later
#1060 3 years ago

I had the same issue, but for me, it would hang in the VUK for a minute before shooting up, but it would register a cartman shot if i hit kenny or a double cartman shot if i shot Cartman. I replaced the VUK Y-switch and i havent noticed it since.

Me too. I was able to fix it by realigning the switch. It had moved off to the side..

1 week later
#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Wait for ball search, they shake Kenny during that... I have seen a few added plastic hacks to try and stop it, but usually it’s worn links in the Kenny mech limiting travel that causes balls to stay stuck. Rebuilding Kenny mech with new links and springs and sleeves can help with this. I have also seen missing Kenny plastics cause ball hangs as well.

Do you have the wires (they call them trap springs) installed? That helps. Page 53 in the manual 265-5051-00. Unfortunately they aren't too sturdy....

4 weeks later
#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What angle/direction are your ball catch saver springs by Kenny?

Screws into posts in front and just to the left and right of Kenny. Points toward the back.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from IrishPat:

Swapped out the receiver optic board and all returned to normal, for now. I love this game but it seems like every time I relax,,, Thanks for the tip,

It's like that with every older machine. Trust me...............

2 weeks later
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Not to be annoying with so many questions, but I’m rebuilding my playfield, and I have some small thin clear plastic washers. Can anyone tell me where these go? They were off the pin before I got it.

Probably from under the slings.

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from ParaPandora:

Hello, new to the club, as I recently acquired SP. My machine was a good find, with beautiful playfield, and no broken plastics, except one target, a replacement for is on the way. I had a couple of issues I was hoping for your thoughts on.
One issue is the seller didn’t leave me with backbox keys...he’s going to send me a new lock core/ key set, but I’m a little nervous about drilling out, or trying to unscrew the lock plate (it has those special star shaped screws). Appreciate tips on the best approach for getting this apart without causing damage to the translite or box. I will also need to figure out how to get the new lock and mechanism back together, and have read the latch and lock for this machine is a bit different from most other models, so I appreciate any grief you can save me, as a total newb and budding hobbyist.
Second issue is Stan mode never engages. What I experience when I make the Stan shot is a credit for Chef instead. I assume there is an issue with switch 47...which is a rollover...any tips on troubleshooting this? If the switch wasn’t closing, I understand the Stan mode not engaging, but not sure why the Chef mode WOULD engage...unless the software logic is written such that the VUK always registers for Chef unless the rollover switch for Stan engages.
Thank you for any thoughts on these issues!!

The Stan shot is hard enough as it is without not getting credit for it when you do make it. Adjust the rollover switch. Roll a ball over it to test and adjust it. Don't use your finger. That switch does tell the programming that the ball came from there and not straight up like a Chef shot.

5 months later
#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

New to the club
Code 1.03
Even on extra easy the shots don’t stay in memory from ball to ball only for Kenny and cartman.
Is there no way to keep the progress on the other shots from ball to ball?
Games on location with very average players so it would be nice to have them carry over from ball to ball.
Searched and couldn’t find an answer
Thanks in advance!

Nope, sorry. That's how the game is designed......

6 months later
#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

And also found these but guessing they were not used?
[quoted image][quoted image]

These are for UK only.

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Hey all just joined the party! Just got my profanity ROMs today . Have not played the game much at all just tearing it apart and putting it back together again at the moment. Just found this rogue wire. Anyone know where it goes?[quoted image]

No idea on this one. Mine doesn't have it. It looks violet/blue so that would be UK only also but it's strange that it looks like it was soldered on someplace.

2 weeks later
#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from Conrad:

No one answered that has the swearing roms vs standard roms. Is the the profantiy roms worth it? I had been wondering the same thing as I have heard more negatives than positives.

I heard it was glitchy and the rug munching game got old fast so I never pursued it. I prefer the pinball rather than video games on my pinball machines.

9 months later
#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

How do I make my Kenny work this well ??

What doesn't yours do? I had to rebuild my whole assembly. Similar to flipper assemblies, stuff wears out when coil sleeves and stops are involved. Also check wiring. Mine were too tight.

3 months later
#1336 1 year ago

So I need to replace a flipper coil. Pretty sure these are the original coil stops and sleeves, the sleeve only peels out of the coil bits at a time by plyers.
Which of these is the proper coil on Marco for the left flipper?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5032-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5030-00

From the manual 090-5030-00T both left and right. Sleeves are 545-5388-00.

4 weeks later
#1362 1 year ago

FreePlay40 makes ramps for High Speed. I'm not sure if or what else he might do. I'd check with him.

#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Looks good! I thought about going with some green rubbers as well or even the blue set from Titan. I saw that kit. For some reason I just wanted this one to look factory. I did have some issues with the black Marco rubber posts on the area where the ball comes out from the pops into all those rubber posts. It was getting stuck trying to get through there. I had some thin blue posts rubbers laying around so I tossed them on there and that helped. Get a little car cleaner/wax on a micro fiber and you can wipe those ball marks off the targets. Worked great on mine. With some fresh wax this is playing super fast I can only imagine with the Titan rubbers on there ball would be like a rocket!

Just as an FYI, I tried those thin blue post rubbers and the ones to the inside (right) tore up quickly. I went to the regular blue ones on the inside and a thinner one on the outside (left) and that fixed the ball getting stuck issue.

3 weeks later
#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Keep having any issue with my SP. If it goes down the toilet someone's it will go down the ramp under the playfield and eject but then other times it will just sit where I have marked. Anyone else have this issue or have any ideas on how to fix?
[quoted image]

I had that problem when I first got mine. Took it all apart. Cleaned it. Still didn't work. I found that the machine was not level and not at the correct angle. Adjusted and haven't had the issue again....

5 months later
#1509 8 months ago

Question: I don't want to put cliffys on my Kenny and Cartman holes, what brush on clear coat would be good for protection?

I've been using polyurethane.

1 week later
#1513 7 months ago

If you are talking about the blue cartman hole protector, I find that the ball doesn't roll in really well and it affects gameplay. They didn't make a Kenny one.

I have found this to be true with some Cliffy's also. You get a small amount of deflection and it really affects play. Especially when the ball is moving slow.

1 month later
#1545 5 months ago

When I first power on the game, it does a ball search and kicks out two balls into the shooter lane. It shoots them and they drain. No problems after that. Any idea what is causing this? It only started doing this recently.

Check the switches and optos in the ball trough.

3 months later
#1635 61 days ago
Quoted from Donysius:

Maybe the display 1.00 was actual release of the first couple of machines but after complaints they made ver display A1.01 and updated sound and cpu

Display A 1.01 and CPU 1.03 is what I have and was the most recent when I installed them after I got the machine.

Rug munching ROM set is, or at least was, a prototype and unfinished.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwarren28806.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in?tu=rwarren28806 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.