image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowndes8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#357 6 years ago

What do people do about wear around Phillip?

Does anyone have a decent scan at all of this playfield as i was thinking of getting a vinyl decal made to fix the wear around Phillip

1 week later
#358 6 years ago

Anyone around?

#362 6 years ago

So have two areas i want to get fixed,here they are

28176316_10155759801444724_2126690080_n (resized).jpg28176316_10155759801444724_2126690080_n (resized).jpg

28217596_10155762388924724_507013737_o (resized).jpg28217596_10155762388924724_507013737_o (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#400 6 years ago

Is it worth getting the profanity ROMs for my machine?

3 weeks later
#424 5 years ago

What plasticss do you need?

1 month later
#479 5 years ago

MY SP has loud speaker buzz anyone know how to fix it?

4 months later
#534 5 years ago

PM sent i need one for Terrance

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

How does this decal fit where the “Sega” recess is below the DMD?
From the picture it doesn’t look like they’ve accounted for this recessed area.
Does anyone have a picture of this installed?

The sega decal should come out

3 weeks later
#555 5 years ago

Have you contacted Marcos to see if they can get more?

3 months later
#632 5 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I posted this in another thread but it might be of interest to some of you. I made design files to have the large and small plastics around kenny laser cut. Here's how they came out after I added the artwork. I also did the kenny ramp plastic because I wanted the Mr. Hankey version.
All of the design files and artwork I used can be found here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3446493
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

WOW looks great PM sent

3 months later
#738 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, well today marks the last repair on South Park until I swap out the playfield. I have fixed and repaired all switches, solenoids, burnt out silicon, converted the backbox flourescent to LED, replaced the translite, replaced all burnt or broken coils, replaced the worn out flipper switches, but it still needs a flipper rebuild and bushings, but that happens during the swap. I have replacements for all South Park figures, and replaced all of the old and new figure’s mounting wires with new springs. I have two Kenny’s if I need to replace one, and I found all four boys in 6” size to mount on top along with the warning sign, not just a Cartman. I have my NOS playfield now and need a NOS plastics set, hopefully I can find a complete set from someone hoarding a set back. The sets on Ebay are incomplete and overpriced. I didnt mind paying $$$ for my playfield, those are the backbone of the machine, but incomplete plastics sets for more than $250 to $300 is outrageous and they are going to sit on ebay for some time...

I got my NOS complete plastic set off ebay around a year ago for $150

1 year later
#1061 3 years ago

Hi,

Im just finishing off my complete rebuild of South Park but hit a slight issue. Kenny wasnt moving left and right correctly due to have the incorrect plunger links and springs. I have found the correct links but the springs only one place in the world has them in stock

The part number is Spring Comp .045 266-5034-06

Macros does not have in stock. Does anyone know a spring that would be close to that one?

#1063 3 years ago

Thanks but they want $5 a spring and then 20 to post to australia and then by the time i convert it to Australian dollars its $50 AUD for two springs inc postage

I contacted Marcos and they found a spring that will work for .89 cents.

1 month later
#1082 3 years ago

Could someone please take some under playfield pics of the two springs that control Kenny left to right movements. Mines not working right and im trying to work out if its the springs.

1 week later
#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much

1 year later
#1145 2 years ago

Im after some help.

I have been rebuilding my South Park for the last two years

Its almost done but im having an issue with Kenny and the springs

The manual says its takes two 266-5034-06

However no one on earth has these springs

My Kenny had different springs in it.

Has anyone found a replacement spring?

I have tried a few but none are right.

#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Has anybody rebuilt the Kenny mech? I have three nylon washers on one pivot point and only one on the other so the two halves are not horizontal to each other. I'm going to attempt to post a link to a video I just posted on Facebook pinball repair help group but not sure if it will work but I did attach a few photos as well. The manual does not seem to mention the nylon washers at all. They could probably be called spacers alternately.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/609432482409545/permalink/5024097040943045/
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi mine has two on it. PS Love your videos

#1154 2 years ago

Got my 3D printed toilet today very happy

20211207_185346 (resized).jpg20211207_185346 (resized).jpg
#1155 2 years ago

For anyone wanting to replace the two Kenny springs they are no longer available (However I managed to find the last two NOS on Earth)

Marcos confirmed no one is making them at this time.

If you want to replace them you need a compression spring measuring 2.56 inches overall length with .045 inch diameter wire.

#1157 2 years ago

Whens your next SP video coming out?

#1159 2 years ago

Ahh you must be a fellow shenanigander I am actually uploading one now! I will try to post it tonight if I dont fall asleep before it is processed

I am and i need your videos for reference when i rebuilt by south park

#1160 2 years ago

Ahh you must be a fellow shenanigander I am actually uploading one now! I will try to post it tonight if I dont fall asleep before it is processed

Just watched the video. In Kenny and the springs exactly the same? That could be causing the issues having two different springs on the left and right.

#1166 2 years ago

Yep as latenite04 said. Will be easier to remove kenny and run the wiring.

#1169 2 years ago

Looks good, any reason you didnt buy cliffys protector for your machine?

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

I may have access to a heavily routed South Park. Looks complete and has a few broken plastics. Game boots and plays. Any idea what it's worth?

Got any pics as some plastics are not easy to get

#1178 2 years ago

What is the trick to removing the mr hankey mech? I'm not having much luck. Is it the e clip in the toilet tank?

Yep thats it

#1179 2 years ago

there is two parts, you should just be able to remove mr hankey section but you need to take the lid off

#1180 2 years ago

Im still rebuilding my machine but having a weird target issue

So when i his the 5 characters Starvin Marvin sounds funny i thought he should say "yeah I want cheesy poofs"
Now when i hit either Grandpa or Mrs Cartman the sound is always Grandpa doesn't matter who I hi and its light both characters up.

I had a spare board so i swapped it and Mrs Cartman and Grandpa were the same BUT Starvin Marvin said "yeah I want cheesy poofs"

I have added a video below. Anyone know what the issue could be i have looked and tried most things and its got me stumped.

2 weeks later
#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone know of a good source of SP playfield plastics? I know I have been looking for some time, but the Kenny plastic eludes me. Anyone have high res scans?

Contact member latenite04 he makes replacements

#1214 2 years ago

After a little manipulation of that left orbit switch I feel I have it pretty good. So far about eight shots and they all registered. so far so good

I just watched your latest video. I replied in the comments. Use the new spring DO NOT cut it leave it as it.

8 months later
#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Is there anyone printing these?

I went on my local facebook marketplace and found people who will 3D print stuff. Cost me $10

1 week later
#1290 1 year ago

Is there any way to eliminate the hum coming from the speakers it drives me crazy

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Barto:

This article is for TSPP but it's also a Stern Whitestar with series-wired speakers, so same stuff should apply:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed

Thanks. I found this so going to try and see what happens. https://www.ipdb.org/files/4505/Stern_2001_Monopoly_Service_Bulletin_133.pdf

Its funny my South Park is loud but my Space Jam is quite

1 week later
#1294 1 year ago

I did the resistor change and its 50% better i would say which i can live it.

3 weeks later
#1304 1 year ago

I found you need the right tension springs in Kenny to make him work correctly but as rwarren28806 said i rebuilt my keen with all new parts including new coils and he works as good as new.

#1311 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

It's all about the springs... Mine works pretty close to that but the springs are worn out and I tried several different options I could find that I thought would be close enough but no dice... Unless you can find the springs, which seem to be unobtanieum now, I think you're going to be limited a bit...

Yep the correct springs no longer exist I bought the last remaining ones left in stock anywhere on earth.

3 months later
#1358 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Put me down for both left and right and a toilet. Mine all are still working, but barely. Hazed, star cracks around all mounting holes, ready to fail if you look at it wrong. Toilet throat is a memory.

Toilet you can 3D print

#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

The WhiteStar line up. Took some time over the weekend and tore down my newly acquired SP to the wood. What started as a light clean up snowballed. All of the rubbers were literally like concrete. They busted up trying to even get them off. The short post rubbers were so bad I could have used them to chock a bus! I'd say it needed some love. I scrubbed the heck out of the subway (was absolutely filthy) cleaned all the ramps (none cracked or broken thankfully) I flamed polished all the ramps and subway. Huge difference but they didn't come up perfect like I've had some other titles in the past do when I flame polish them. But 90% improvement over all. Check out my one pic you can see how clear the left ramp did come up doing the flame polish. Did the cartman hole and out lanes 3d print mod. So far they are working well no issues with them. I just used a dab of clear silicone to mount them. Found a bad switch that someone just had the plugged flipped on it. The VUK microswitch on Cartman was working once out of ever 10 times a ball landed in there. Lots of wax and polish all new rubbers added some leds including the through strip. Next mod maybe a ColorDMD. Wish they didn't get so expensive!
Question is Kenny.. Add a Cliffy and call it a day? That opening is pretty beat up. Is there a better option to make that area look good and protect it? Other then that it plays super fast lots of action with the new rubbers and coats of wax.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My partners Dad made me a protector for the Kenny hole see below looks much nicer

20230220_081312 (resized).jpg20230220_081312 (resized).jpg20230220_081317 (resized).jpg20230220_081317 (resized).jpg
#1373 1 year ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I like! Is that the Clffy and your protector? Did he make anymore? I'd love to have one!

Thanks yeah has the cliffy protectors. He just made the one.

3 weeks later
#1410 1 year ago

Keep having any issue with my SP. If it goes down the toilet sometimes it will go down the ramp under the playfield and eject but then other times it will just sit where I have marked. Anyone else have this issue or have any ideas on how to fix?

Pinside_forum_7414532_3 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7414532_3 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1462 10 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone use Retro Refurb Cabinet Decals ?
I am redoing my cabinet and I just wanted to know if anyone has had success with this product

Did mine with them and were great

#1469 10 months ago
20230520_090203 (resized).jpg20230520_090203 (resized).jpg20230520_090210 (resized).jpg20230520_090210 (resized).jpg20230520_090230 (resized).jpg20230520_090230 (resized).jpg

Sold it last week got a very good offer I could not refuse

#1474 10 months ago
Quoted from T2Fanuc:

These look great . Any peeling issues?

Nope none are awesome quality

#1475 10 months ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Anyone have any issue with (or better yet, know a solution to) the trough eject spitting out balls with way too much force? My trough eject shoots the ball out so hard/fast that it often ricochets off the shooter lane wall and back into the trough. I see there's an adjustment (#37) to set solenoids to "soft" but I have a feeling that this will reduce the power on all of them, and not just the trough eject.
Modern Sterns allow you to set the power of the trough eject, but unless I'm missing something, I can't see a way to make that adjustment on South Park.

Mine had this issue and it turned out i had the wrong coil. Also can buy some cliffy lane protectors.

#1479 9 months ago
Quoted from IrishPat:

look great! Is there a reason that you didn't buy/install the side blades? Also, any chance you, or any member, have a promo code for a discount from Retro Refurb?

I prefer mirror blades. I dont sorry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowndes8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in?tu=lowndes8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.