image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyexx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#212 7 years ago

My wife and I are happy owners of Southpark

1 week later
#221 7 years ago

You would think someone could add the two together. The wife and I like our Southpark the way it came out from Sega. We researched the updated rom and decided to keep the game stock.

#226 7 years ago

Welcome to the club

#230 7 years ago

Did you buy this off of eBay?

1 month later
#239 7 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

I have a guy wanting to buy my machine. I love my SP. I see on pinside they say around $2600. Is that what you all think for an average price?

You can ask for more if the game is in excellent condition. It all comes down to what the buyer is willing to pay for it. Good luck with the sale

3 months later
#247 6 years ago
Quoted from dappy:

On youtube I watched some South Park pins being played. I DO have the profanity rom's. My machine will not play the sounds as follows:
"How would you like to eat my ass" -- What are you staring at, shut up bitch." -- How do you trigger these sounds. I've removed the top glass and triggered everything by hand, but can't get them to play. Can anyone help me.??

There is someone on ebay selling that rom you are looking for. Ask the seller about .96 speech rom

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Can someone tell me what the colour of the extra ball insert is? It looks blue??

It's black color insert with a yellow out lined

20170409_175808 (resized).jpg20170409_175808 (resized).jpg

#252 6 years ago

I have never seen mine light up. I need to investigate it. I will perform a light test soon.

#256 6 years ago

Welcome to the club! Come on in

#260 6 years ago

I never seen that on mine. Any idea what is causing it?

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Applying for membership, I've had my SP for a little over 2 years but just found this post.
Anyone installed colored LED's for GI? I really like what colored GI's has done for my other pins and think SP could benefit.

We have some colored led in our SP. We think it makes the playfield look very nice.
We also have pinblades installed.
Our next purchase will be a color DID

Welcome to the club. I live in NC for over 40 years. Will be moving back south in 8 years

1 month later
#274 6 years ago

The manual can be at this link

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4444

Please upload at photo of toilet and I will check mine to see what the ball is getting stuck

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Thanks, I did grab that manual, but it is not complete, and is missing pages.
I'll take a pic of the subway this evening.

What pages are you missing. I will look at mine

3 weeks later
#293 6 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Is anyone using a Pin2DMD display on their SP pin? There is one guy who is starting to work on this, looks pretty sweet.
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3159-start-messing-with-south-park/

I googled for the kit and did not find any pricing for it

3 weeks later
#308 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I am in the club.
Bought my game at Pintastic.
Working thru the issues.
What does the cop say when you get/miss the skill shot.
He shows up and his lips move but no voice.

I will start mine up tomorrow after work and let you know what the cop says when you miss the skill shot.

Welcome to the club

6 months later
#355 6 years ago

Howdy Ho! Welcome to the club.....Love my South Park

I have no idea what Mr. Hanky is saying...

1 month later
#366 6 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I am joining the club this weekend! I love this table. I would go out of my way 100 streets at the beach to go play it, and I'm so happy to finally own one! I need to get a new rubber kit. Any recommendations? I see a black and a white kit on ebay from GameroomGuys, but i dont know what the difference is between these. (This is my first pin). There is another kit on ebay, but the seller is away until June! any other sources to get one of these kits quick?

Go on titan pinball and order kit. There are many option of colors and the silicone bands are awesome!

Welcome to the club

1 month later
#433 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Unfolded my south park I bought last summer. Finally have a slot for it.
Is it correct to get Mr hankey multiball by shooting Kenny?
I looked thru the manual last night and there is only very vague and non game specific game play outline.
I did see to my surprise that kenny has lights inside the toy. Anyone ever go in after those?

To light multiball you need to hit the Mr Hankey targets 5 times. Multiball will light at the ramp and until you shoot the ramp any hit to the Hankey targets adds 100k to the base jackpot value. Shoot the ramp to start. The toilet opens and the ball is fed to the right inlane. Multiball is yet another 5 ball affair. The Hankey targets are worth a base jackpot of 1M and each jackpot lights a character for a double jackpot. 5 Hankey jackpots lights the ramp for a super jackpot starting at 5M. I think collecting a super jackpot doubles the value of the next round of jackpots, however I could be wrong. The second super jackpot is worth 10M and each one after that is worth an extra 5M with no known limit. Multiball ends when 1 ball remains.

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

My cartman vuk was the same way and it was just the arm that needed to be adjusted. That switch arm takes a beating, I'd check it first.

I agree check the arm adjustment first. Mine got out of adjustment after a year of playing the pin.

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I went thru the settings and changed game play from easy to moderate to see if that changes anything.

Changing that setting will not change the rules for getting mulitball.

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I flipped up the playfield and found the plug from to Kenny switched with the plug to the toilet. They have the same plug and it was the wire colors that gave it away.
I now have to hit the ramp to start Mr Hanky Multiball.
Its all good.
I pulled the light assembly out of Kenny and found all of the wires cut.
The plug was at the bottom of the machine.

Congratulations on finding the issue. Now you can enjoy your SP

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Can kind pinsider take a picture behind kenny so I can see how the lighting wires are routed. I repaired the harness and I want to see where the wires were run.

I can have you some tomorrow if there is none posted tonight.

#455 5 years ago

20180419_152003 (resized).jpg20180419_152003 (resized).jpg

20180419_152040 (resized).jpg20180419_152040 (resized).jpg

20180419_152016 (resized).jpg20180419_152016 (resized).jpg

20180419_152116 (resized).jpg20180419_152116 (resized).jpg

#459 5 years ago

your machine is so clean on the inside lol...anytime i touch the inside of my cabinet, my fingers are black afterwards. I've spent a lot of time trying to clean it out, but it doesnt help

Thank you.....My wife and I try our best to take of the pins we have.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

hawkeyexx
Thank you sir.
I did not see the plastic clip under there but I did see an empty screw hole.
I suspect it comes up behind Kenny and on the back side of the mech around that rolled piece of steel.
I will have to remove Kenny assembly to feed the connector thru.

Send me a PM with your number.....I'm home and I will send you all the photos you want

#462 5 years ago

I guess I can post this here, just wanted to share some of my updates and my horrible gameplay of this Pin haha. Check it out if you'd like!
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting. I like the titan ring colors you installed. I will install them someday soon.

1 month later
#472 5 years ago

Welcome to the club

#475 5 years ago

Thank you

My South Park had a coil for the VUK go bad over the weekend And it blew a fuse.

1 week later
#486 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

Does anyone have the stern whitestar 2 board installed in their southpark? Ive heard that there are sound issues.
Also, has anyone had success with an NVRAM in southpark? I couldnt get one to work in my machine.

I have NVRAM installed on my SP. Ardvark pinball installed it.

I purchased a full copy of the SP service manual. If anyone needs a photo of something let me know.

1 month later
#502 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

The southpark sign insert is way to dim, even with an LED bulb. I'm going to be experimenting with some multi flex LED's. anyone have any luck getting this to light up better?

Try 4smd comet bulb.

1 month later
#512 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Just paid for a SP yesterday. Waiting on the check to clear and then Fast Eddie will be over to deliver the machine.
Can't wait to show it off! It is in fantastic condition.

Nice....enjoy killing Kenny

1 month later
#527 5 years ago

If you can make those any color and they cost less than a cliffy I'm sure peeps will place orders from you.
Awesome looking job.

8 months later
#755 4 years ago

There are brackets holding the sign & a screw from inside the back box holding Cartman.
20190707_191251 (resized).jpg20190707_191251 (resized).jpg20190707_191414 (resized).jpg20190707_191414 (resized).jpg

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Shout out to latenite04.
Hankeys hand arrived and was doing the royal wave.
Thank you!

Did you glue it?

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from mooshue:

Thank you for the info hawkeyexx. Didn't even consider some simple L brackets. I was envisioning something far too complicated.

Your welcome. I'm always happy to help with my SP. Most everyone is not a fan of this pin but it's a fun pin in our house.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from TG:

Got my Hankey arm yesterday in the mail.. Looks great! Thanks hawkeyexx!!!
Todd

latenite04 is the person who made Mr Hankey arm. Your welcome for the photos I posted. Anyone use glue to hold the new arm?

2 weeks later
#780 4 years ago

Must be hitting something.......

#782 4 years ago

Guess it's doing it on every pin because the left arm is missing.......I will get my glued soon. I have been busy doing repairs on a Jurassic Park I purchased over 2 years ago. Buying a used pin is like buying a used car ....the salesman tells you it was just checked over. You get it home find out that's not what was advertised

2 weeks later
#789 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I have a bunch of friends over for pinball and of course it acts up.
It's shooting two balls into the shooter lane every time. What can I do about this?

If you have your manual I would perform a switch test. Something is telling the pin to load 2 balls in the shooter lane.

3 weeks later
#804 4 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue with the post sleeve in the picture? It always slides up off the post and I have to pull the glass and push it back down. I’ve tried an oversized one, a titan silicone one, and now this one is just replacement rubber. It always slides up after a few whacks trying to hit the Stan shot. Any ideas?[quoted image]

I have titan post on mine and they don't slide up. I wonder if the steel post is smaller in diameter causing the post sleeve to slide up.

#809 4 years ago

Welcome to the club.....

#818 4 years ago

Congratulations on your first pin My wife loves our SP
It's a popular one in our house with friends and family......

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I just ordered a novus cleaning kit. Would that be ok to use on the playfield ?

That's what I use.....great stuff. I use the plastic cleaner on plastics and the #2 to clean the playfield....

1 week later
#872 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/85117
Just listed this in the market - thought I'd give this thread a heads up.

My wife purchased these tonight

3 weeks later
#891 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I just got my flipper switches in the mail today. And I noticed that they came with no capacitors. Do I need to take them off the old switches and solder them to the new ones?

Do you mean diodes on the switches?

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yeah. If that’s what they’re called. The new switches didn’t come with them. But I noticed my old switches have it soldered to the terminals.

Yes you must solder the diodes to the new switches. The diode has a silver band on it. YOU MUST SOLDER THE OLD DIODE WITH SILVER BAND IN THE CORRECT DIRECTION YOU SEE IT ON THE SWITCH. DM me if you have questions

6 months later
#960 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m selling my SP machine this week and I have a question. My buyer wants to know if the head can be removed from the machine. He has limited clearance in his truck I guess. And it won’t fit otherwise. Anyone ever remove the backbox and how difficult is this to do ?

Removing the Blackbox itself is not a pain. If that person is not savvy with wiring it could be an issue. I would suggest take tons of photos and videos

1 month later
#1025 3 years ago

Can you take some photos that are not zoomed in?

4 months later
#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

So I am having an interesting issue and I am hoping its an easy fix. When hitting the kenny shot, the kenny shot registers but as it is going in the subway it also registers the cartman shot. This makes the game super easy as the easiest shot to make is kenny and you get double credit for that. It makes completing the Cartman shot really easy.
Any idea whats going on?

Check the sensors for Kenny shot. They get dirty easily.

1 week later
#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

I wanted to update everyone on what my issue was. After examining the subway closer it looks like a wire broke loose from the switch near cartman underneath the subway. From what i can tell this was causing both switches to fire as the ball comes through the subway. I soldered the wire back on and all is golden. I can get a pic if anyone needs it for future reference if they have the same issue.

Job well done. .....its amazing how wiring can be a pain to figure out

#1073 3 years ago

Very interesting, never though about that, i rarely slam the machine or even nudge haha. I have a lot to learn in play. Right before covid i was going to join a local pinball league so i could learn watching others play. But sadly that didnt happen.

If you search YouTube there are videos in slow motion on balls hitting apron and other tricks

I'm not a person that nudges or slams a pin.

3 weeks later
#1083 3 years ago
20201127_163052 (resized).jpg20201127_163052 (resized).jpg20201127_163103 (resized).jpg20201127_163103 (resized).jpg20201127_163112 (resized).jpg20201127_163112 (resized).jpg
#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What angle/direction are your ball catch saver springs by Kenny?

What angle is the springs?

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Thank you so much

Your welcome. If you need more let me know

3 months later
#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from Angus624:

New to the club. I'm in the process of shopping my machine right now with LEDs, titan rubbers and a couple of other upgrades. The problem is that the toilet is in bad shape. I am looking for a decent used one, a new one, or a printed one. I contacted everyone that in the topic that said they have printed them, but no reply.

Ask the question in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby

8 months later
#1206 2 years ago

Merry Christmas

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

After owning the machine for a few years I finally made it to Volcano multiball today. [quoted image]

I have never made it on mine.....

2 months later
#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I finally found a South Park that's in the condition I was looking for but while I await for it to arrive, I'm trying to figure something out and I'm hoping someone here can explain this to me. I have searched this thread and so hopefully I didn't miss it in a post...
I'm wondering about the profanity ROM(s)? I see someone on eBay selling the profanity rom with video mode on code level .96 but I see in the IPDB that the most recent code is 1.03. What am I to make of the difference? My understanding is that this isn't just "one" ROM chip but multiple so just trying to understand what I'm looking at here. What's the difference between the .96 profanity ROM(s) and 1.03?
I plan on upgrading the game to NVRAM and that part I think I understand but it's the other chips that make up the game I'm confused by.
Thank you!!!!!
Jeff

Did you read on this website

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=South+park+&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#4444

1 week later
#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from Gbailey069:

Hey guys just picked up a South Park, needs quite a bit of work, can anyone guide me to find parts ? Need toilet, ramps and plastics..
I would appreciate anything you can send my way.
Thanks !

The toilet will need to be 3D printed unless you find one for sale. You can the information in the 3D printing thread forum on this site.

There is a plastic set for sale on ebay.

The Ramps I have no idea if they are available.

#1265 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Careful, that plastic set on eBay is not complete. It’s missing the kenny plastic for sure.

I saw the listing but did not look to see if it was a complete kit. I would say it's going to be difficult to get plastics for this pin.

5 months later
#1287 1 year ago

Is there anyone printing these?

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

I went on my local facebook marketplace and found people who will 3D print stuff. Cost me $10

I dont have bookface .....its the toilet of social media....

4 months later
#1338 1 year ago
Quoted from Fox99:

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that marco pinball has the plastic sets for South Park on the site for sale i just ordered mine hopefully they come through
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-5967-XX

I'm sure they will be sold out soon....

#1344 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, complete plastics set just arrived from Marco in the post. So this is actually happening people. Get a set while in stock.

Are you going to install them? What is the quality look like?

Thanks

2 weeks later
#1356 1 year ago
Quoted from keanan_connell:

Yeah so that spitballs into my next question for the club. Am I the only one who needs a right ramp? If there’s enough of us in need maybe we could get it on jodis to do list

I will buy a ramp to support it.

2 weeks later
#1386 1 year ago

What if you installed plastic screw washers between the board and the screw?

4 months later
#1489 8 months ago

Good luck with the project.

#1492 8 months ago

Hope things go well ......

#1494 8 months ago

I would to see CPR offer a playfield. I would replace mine.....

1 week later
#1503 7 months ago

Nice to see your son helping you with this project. Thanks for posting your project.

4 weeks later
#1516 6 months ago

Looking sharp please keep me posted.....

#1524 6 months ago

Congratulations ......The cabinet decals look so much better than the originals. When can I drop mine off for your next project?

#1527 6 months ago

I just picked a Nip-it and I feel your pain working on projects are never fun but I enjoy the challenge it brings. And I get to use my dinning room table for a work station

20230904_120602 (resized).jpg20230904_120602 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyexx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in?tu=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.