image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 33.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees... D'oh! - wait wrong show

Got all of those parts ordered! Thanks for the help.
I was looking into the LED panels but $125 (+$25 shipping) was the cheapest I could find through flipper fidelity. Looked into making my own and was looking like $40-50 worth of parts based on what others had done plus a few hours of my time.
I'd used a fluorescent to LED bulb from amazon in my RFM and SWE1 and it worked great and was really easy to install. Figured I'd give it a whirl for $15 shipped.
amazon.com link »

Finished product. Not great but for $15 I'll take it. IMG_4263 (resized).JPGIMG_4263 (resized).JPG

Also, anyone ordering the 545-5423-00 from Marco they don't work. They're about 2x the length. IMG_4261 (resized).JPGIMG_4261 (resized).JPG

New rubbers are A LOT skinnier IMG_4264 (resized).JPGIMG_4264 (resized).JPG

#302 6 years ago

But that glare is horrible....
IMG_4265 (resized).JPGIMG_4265 (resized).JPG

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I think this is one of the worst machines for backglass glare. The original tube light had a plastic diffuser /reflector sleeve that was half mirrored to reflect the light back into the cabinet. If the led's all face one direction can you turn the bulb around to face backwards? Would that reflect enough light without as much glare?

Sorry the bushings were the wrong size. I would send Marco customer support an email with that picture and see if they can help you out. Maybe they sent you the wrong part by mistake or they need to update their catalog. They have been helpful in the past when items were not correct.

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

This is the reason I gave up on lighting the back glass. I took the bulb out entirely. I'd rather see the playfield than the back glass.

#305 6 years ago

I agree that backbox glare stinks. I use these in my Sterns with the flouresnet tube. Much more even lighting, can choose a brightness level for attract mode and it turns off when you start a game. Well worth $65.

http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/backbox-kits/4587457160

1 week later
#306 6 years ago

anyone have any experience with https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/back-box-reflector/ ? I was considering buying a sheet of PDI for my JP but for I can 1 of these for all of my machines and still come out ahead...

The nyliner issues with Marco's website is fixed - they would credit me the cost of the nyliners but wouldn't do anything with the $7 shipping on $3 of parts... so they'll have to wait until the next order. Frankly, the old ones showed some color yellowing but didn't have scoring or other issues so they'll probably just stay in.

Did a quick flame polish on both ramps and really helped clean things up. Resisted the urge to replace the hardware (even though it's needed) as that's a slippery slope that leads to replacing all of the hardware everywhere or buying a tumbler...

#307 6 years ago

I am in the club.
Bought my game at Pintastic.
Working thru the issues.
What does the cop say when you get/miss the skill shot.
He shows up and his lips move but no voice.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I am in the club.
Working thru the issues.

I will start mine up tomorrow after work and let you know what the cop says when you miss the skill shot.

Welcome to the club

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I am in the club.
Working thru the issues.

I assume you must have the profanity roms in yours. I have them in mine, the voice on the skill shot never comes out on mine. I think there are issues/bugs/limitations to these roms.

#310 6 years ago

Pinball_Cowboy

http://www.legbolt.com/srv/de-sega/southpark/southpark-manual.pdf

anyone else is welcome to it as well .. if you want to upload it to ipdb feel free

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

pinball_cowboy
anyone else is welcome to it as well .. if you want to upload it to ipdb feel free

I will try to upload to the ipdb....
I've contacted the ipdb about the upload.

Thank you very much for the scan!
I know it's a LOT of work.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

I assume you must have the profanity roms in yours.

I do not know but I do not think so.
All of the profanity is bleeped out.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

What does the cop say when you get/miss the skill shot

Nothing.
I've owned this game twice.

#314 6 years ago

Thank you, one less thing to fix.

#315 6 years ago

My south park does not always start Mr Hanley multiball when ball goes into toilet. Sometimes it does start when it goes into toilet but shows a hit to kenny on dmd. Other times you are awarded the Hankey multiball for a hit to kenny. Is this a switch problem or is it because I have game set to easy?

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

My south park does not always start Mr Hanley multiball when ball goes into toilet. Sometimes it does start when it goes into toilet but shows a hit to kenny on dmd. Other times you are awarded the Hankey multiball for a hit to kenny. Is this a switch problem or is it because I have game set to easy?

Not sure if the easy setting will award multiball for hitting Kenny. That does not sound right to me but I don't have mine set to easy. Sounds like a switch problem to me.

When it awards MB for hitting Kenny, does it do it right away or after the ball drops in the subway?

Check the switch on the ramp to the toilet. Make sure it is registering as hitting that ramp switch starts MB, even if the ball doesn't make it all the way into the toilet.

#317 6 years ago

I will run some switch diagnostics.
I just got this but all of the games I have played in the wild always require getting it into the toilet to get the hankey multiball.
Thanks.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

My south park does not always start Mr Hanley multiball when ball goes into toilet. Sometimes it does start when it goes into toilet but shows a hit to kenny on dmd

There is a switch in the subway between the toilet drop and Kenny. If that switch is not working properly, the game thinks the ball went down Kenny not the toilet. I'd check that switch for consistency.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I will run some switch diagnostics.
I just got this but all of the games I have played in the wild always require getting it into the toilet to get the hankey multiball.
Thanks.

There is one scenario where going through one of the inner lanes triggers multi-ball also but I forget specifically what that is.

#320 6 years ago

I am sorry but I have not checked any switches yet.
BUT:
There are 2 switches on the RH ramp itself.

I have also noticed on the Kyle? ( RH ramp shot to complete character) that occasionally I will make the shot but it is not registered so is it possible that one of those 2 switches is intermittent and that is contributing to my multi ball issue ?

#321 6 years ago

I found that the second switch up on the back on the ramp does not always make. I am going to start by changing it. I adjusted the arm and it now makes 90% of the time so the toilet shot registers and the Kyle shots also.

How do you get the modular target switches apart?
Marco has limited availability so I am going to buy a switch with the wrong target and transfer the target I have.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

How do you get the modular target switches apart?
Marco has limited availability so I am going to buy a switch with the wrong target and transfer the target I have.

The two halves slide together. You can also flip the switch and target orientation to use them for front or rear mounting.

segaswitch (resized).pngsegaswitch (resized).png

#323 6 years ago

Thank you sir .

1 month later
#324 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

pinball_cowboy

The file is also on the ipdb now!
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4444
Jay tried to reduce the file size, but was not able to.
He has kept the old 4Mb (incomplete) file available too for mobile downloads.
This is one of the exceptions for large files.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

1 month later
#325 6 years ago

It’s been kinda quiet in hur. So who can help me out? I’ve got some kinda hack going on in with the targets in front of the toilet that look like this. 55CBB7E6-CCD3-4F2E-81C4-12B39A574D71 (resized).jpeg55CBB7E6-CCD3-4F2E-81C4-12B39A574D71 (resized).jpeg B9571E9B-B69A-4908-B1AF-3ED3F90002AA (resized).jpegB9571E9B-B69A-4908-B1AF-3ED3F90002AA (resized).jpeg

Anyone know how this should look? Or wanna snap a few pics for me?

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

It’s been kinda quiet in hur. So who can help me out? I’ve got some kinda hack going on in with the targets in front of the toilet that look like this.
Anyone know how this should look? Or wanna snap a few pics for me?

Are the switches registering correctly? It looks like the idc connectors cut the wires and someone spliced them together with extensions to connect.

20171026_011357 (resized).jpg20171026_011357 (resized).jpg

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Are the switches registering correctly? It looks like the idc connectors cut the wires and someone spliced them together with extensions to connect.

The toilet switches are working. I found this when I was running down some issues with the Kenny optos and the subway switches. I figured I needed to get the wire un-hacked and installed properly before I got too far into trying to figure out what's going on.

Anyone know what kind of connector that is on the toilet switches?

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Anyone know what kind of connector that is on the toilet switches?

This would be like the ones on the machine.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5792-10817-02

You should be able to convert to a crimped pin molex and use one of these.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CS156-02-LR
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=08-50-0185

#329 6 years ago

Went full LEDs on mine recently.

IMG_1935 (resized).jpgIMG_1935 (resized).jpg

So hard to get a picture that looks as good as it is in person, it doesn't actually look that blown out near the slingshots and inlane guides. The new spotlight on the left sling, and another near Cartman definitely brighten up the center of the playfield.

#330 6 years ago

The connectors to the targets are .100 not .156. I previously bought a bunch of .156 connectors and terminals to do the same thing and they were too big.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Went full LEDs on mine recently.

So hard to get a picture that looks as good as it is in person, it doesn't actually look that blown out near the slingshots and inlane guides. The new spotlight on the left sling, and another near Cartman definitely brighten up the center of the playfield.

Is that the Cointaker kit? Looks good!

Quoted from rwarren28806:

The connectors to the targets are .100 not .156. I previously bought a bunch of .156 connectors and terminals to do the same thing and they were too big.

man. I had an order of other stuff with G-P-E that I finally put it and through in a few of these at a .156 to give it a shot.

#332 6 years ago

Does anyone have a list of what companies have made SP decals? My machine came with a full set of decals but they have no markings on them and came with 0 paperwork to identify them. The decals have 0 identification markings on them. So, I’d just like to make sure I install them the proper way.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Didn't want to turn it into an advertisement, but you've forced my hand. It's the Comet Pinball kit I made.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Didn't want to turn it into an advertisement, but you've forced my hand. It's the Comet Pinball kit I made.

What this kit?

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/kit-sp.htm

Available by a great group of people, offering good products, at a good price, with great customer service? I'd just rather overpay because I like throwing money away.

1 week later
#335 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

man. I had an order of other stuff with g-p-e that I finally put it and through in a few of these at a .156 to give it a shot.

I purchased .100's from G-P-E and the number he gave me, Molex 22-01-2027, doesn't fit either. Pins line up but the base depth is too big. I haven't gotten back to him yet but I think we might be looking for something that doesn't exist.

#336 6 years ago

I'm in! just found this thread!, South Park was my first game! And I still have it, got it 10 years ago!

#337 6 years ago

I purchased .100's from G-P-E and the number he gave me, Molex 22-01-2027, doesn't fit either. Pins line up but the base depth is too big. I haven't gotten back to him yet but I think we might be looking for something that doesn't exist.

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, I left the SP club just a few days after posting this. Woke up one day and decided it should go. I sold it for the money (not time) I had in it and it's off to a good home. Thanks to everyone for the help along the way. I'm sure I'll bring this back in one day...

#338 6 years ago

I bought some connectors off of ebay that were listed as JST 2 pin female connector and they fit perfectly. I checked the switch with my multi meter for continuity and they are making a good connection. They do not have the ramp to latch on but the connector was hard to pull back off so it should stay put pretty well. Let me know if you need a few, I bought these to use as matched male/female plugs but the male pins were missing from the package.

Connector on switch (resized).jpgConnector on switch (resized).jpg

This is the listing if anyone in the future is looking
ebay.com link: Hot sale 50 Sets Female Male JST 2 Pin Red Color Housing With Pin Connector WB

1 week later
#339 6 years ago

I just found this thread too! I've owned mine for 15 years..

1 week later
#340 6 years ago

So just joined the club fun game the only issue I'm having is Mr. Hankey doesn't pop up all the way removed the assembly cleaned and replaced the coil sleeve helped a little, is it just me or does the toilet lid seem way heavier than it needs to be?

#341 6 years ago

Just to clarify I meant the tank lid seems a bit heavy for the Mr. Hankey to push up.

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Just to clarify I meant the tank lid seems a bit heavy for the Mr. Hankey to push up.

Page 24 of the manual gives instructions on how to adjust it.

#343 6 years ago

Page 24 of the manual gives instructions on how to adjust it.

Yeah I saw that it's just to adjust the pulse rate on the down coil my down works fine it's just that Mr. Hankey doesn't have enough force to push the tank lid all the way up guess I'll order a new spring and see if that helps.

#344 6 years ago

I think the spring is certainly strong enough to lift the lid.
Do you have the correct lid and a decent spring?
Is the mechanism moving freely?
I got a new spring from Marco.

1 week later
#345 6 years ago

It was the spring the one that was in there was not the correct spring at all Mr. Hankey is back to his old self

#346 6 years ago

HIIIIIIIDY Hi

#347 6 years ago

I think its "ho"

#348 6 years ago

Hi Ho , Hi Ho oh, wait...

#349 6 years ago

Just curious, noticed one in marketplace, it has clear subways. Mine are red, is there any reason for that on the Sega games?

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Just curious, noticed one in marketplace, it has clear subways. Mine are red, is there any reason for that on the Sega games?

Mine are clear also.. As long as they function properly and they are under they playfield, I don't think it makes much difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.