image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 33.
#251 7 years ago

The extra ball insert looks black from the top but it lights up yellow when lit.

#252 7 years ago

I have never seen mine light up. I need to investigate it. I will perform a light test soon.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

The extra ball insert looks black from the top but it lights up yellow when lit.

It's just an odd color for an insert. EXTRA BALL should shout out at you.

#254 7 years ago

I would like to submit my application for membership.

20170412_173226 (resized).jpg20170412_173226 (resized).jpg

#255 7 years ago

Safely in the basement.

20170412_193431 (resized).jpg20170412_193431 (resized).jpg

20170412_193732 (resized).jpg20170412_193732 (resized).jpg

#256 7 years ago

Welcome to the club! Come on in

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from dappy:

On youtube I watched some South Park pins being played. I DO have the profanity rom's. My machine will not play the sounds as follows:
"How would you like to eat my ass" -- What are you staring at, shut up bitch." -- How do you trigger these sounds. I've removed the top glass and triggered everything by hand, but can't get them to play. Can anyone help me.??

Make sure Adjustment 56 - Adult Speech Enabled is set to YES

#258 7 years ago

Anyone else have this problem even with Cliffys on the right inlane? Solutions?

20170416_173151 (resized).jpg20170416_173151 (resized).jpg

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Anyone else have this problem even with Cliffys on the right inlane? Solutions?

cliffy should make some of these with extended ears for damage like this.

#260 7 years ago

I never seen that on mine. Any idea what is causing it?

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I never seen that on mine. Any idea what is causing it?

the ball falls off the ramps and not directly on top of the switch. the switch is lower in this case so the cliffy really doesn't cover this type wear

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

the ball falls off the ramps and not directly on top of the switch. the switch is lower in this case so the cliffy really doesn't cover this type wear

I used mylar squares under mine. Cliffys have their place but if they are in a spot where they get banged on a lot, they tend to bend and misshape. You can fill that in with Polyurethane. It takes time and patience. I did that around the Cartman and Kenny holes.

#263 7 years ago

Applying for membership, I've had my SP for a little over 2 years but just found this post.

Anyone installed colored LED's for GI? I really like what colored GI's has done for my other pins and think SP could benefit.

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Applying for membership, I've had my SP for a little over 2 years but just found this post.
Anyone installed colored LED's for GI? I really like what colored GI's has done for my other pins and think SP could benefit.

We have some colored led in our SP. We think it makes the playfield look very nice.
We also have pinblades installed.
Our next purchase will be a color DID

Welcome to the club. I live in NC for over 40 years. Will be moving back south in 8 years

#265 7 years ago

Sometimes the cheapest mods are the most effective.

20170422_163747 (resized).jpg20170422_163747 (resized).jpg

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Sometimes the cheapest mods are the most effective.

Love that mod. I have it on all my DMD games!

#267 7 years ago

Not a southpark club member, but my friend is...Hope nobody minds me asking for him, but does anybody know where I can get just this small playfield plastic to the right of kenny? His machine has nice plastics except for this one...

Alternately, if that plastic isn't available by itself, is there anyone willing to scan there's at actual size so I can print it out and make him a plastic for now??

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it!!!!!

IMG_1377 (resized).jpgIMG_1377 (resized).jpg

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Not a southpark club member, but my friend is...Hope nobody minds me asking for him, but does anybody know where I can get just this small playfield plastic to the right of kenny? His machine has nice plastics except for this one...
Alternately, if that plastic isn't available by itself, is there anyone willing to scan there's at actual size so I can print it out and make him a plastic for now??

IMO, unless you know there is supposed to be a plastic there and are looking for it, you don't even realize it is missing. I didn't have one on mine either. I bought a clear piece of Lexan and cut a piece to fill the void. It is so small, you don't even know it is missing.

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

The top part of mine was broken when I got the game. I scanned what I had and had to rebuild above the top screw hole from internet images. If anyone does have a scan that would be great but this is what I had to work with if it helps.

KennyRightPlasticExportFinal.jpgKennyRightPlasticExportFinal.jpg

#270 7 years ago

latenite04 thanks so much! I really appreciate it. That gives me something to work with and helps give me a size/templet to cut a new piece out!

1 week later
#271 6 years ago

Since it's the "wife's" pin, I picked up a couple of mods for her birthday next month.

20170503_174626 (resized).jpg20170503_174626 (resized).jpg

20170503_174709 (resized).jpg20170503_174709 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#272 6 years ago

So, here's what seemed like the natural location for the TV. Does anyone have any ideas to route the connector through the ramp without cutting or drilling? I may have to cut the connector off, feed the wire through a post hole, and reconnect it. I'd rather not if I can help it, but the plug is too big to fit through any of the existing ramp holes. For now I've just routed it up through the side of the playfield, but that leaves the wire visible.

https://www.facebook.com/flynnsretroarcade/videos/1657266640954329/

20170514_211820 (resized).jpg20170514_211820 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#273 6 years ago

Hello all! Just got my own South Park yesterday, and I have a quick question....actually two. Sometimes, when the ball enters the toilet, it gets hung up in the subway. Seems like there is a little section right under the toilet, where the ball can get hung up...almost like a little notch/corner has been molded into the subway plastic there. I realize now, in trying to describe this, that I should've taken a pic of the area, haha. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, does anyone have the full digital manual?

Thanks!

20170601_222209 (resized).jpg20170601_222209 (resized).jpg

#274 6 years ago

The manual can be at this link

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4444

Please upload at photo of toilet and I will check mine to see what the ball is getting stuck

#275 6 years ago

Thanks, I did grab that manual, but it is not complete, and is missing pages.

I'll take a pic of the subway this evening.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Thanks, I did grab that manual, but it is not complete, and is missing pages.
I'll take a pic of the subway this evening.

What pages are you missing. I will look at mine

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

What pages are you missing. I will look at mine

Mine only goes up to page 26, so 27 thru 46 I think.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Sometimes, when the ball enters the toilet, it gets hung up in the subway

The South Park I owned had this issue about 1/10 times it dropped in there. I never bothered to "fix" it. Was just a design flaw in my opinion. A quick shake of the game and it rolled down the subway.

#279 6 years ago

I'm maybe going to be in the market for one of these soon. What are the typical problem areas I should be looking for?

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Hello all! Just got my own South Park yesterday, and I have a quick question....actually two. Sometimes, when the ball enters the toilet, it gets hung up in the subway. Seems like there is a little section right under the toilet, where the ball can get hung up...almost like a little notch/corner has been molded into the subway plastic there. I realize now, in trying to describe this, that I should've taken a pic of the area, haha. Anyone else have this issue?
Also, does anyone have the full digital manual?
Thanks!

I initially had this issue also. Took the entire thing apart (What a PITA BTW). Cleaned it, waxed it, put it back together. No help. Then sometime alter I moved the machine and it went away. Bottom line, check the level. I now check it whenever I move it. I haven't had the issue since.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

I initially had this issue also. Took the entire thing apart (What a PITA BTW). Cleaned it, waxed it, put it back together. No help. Then sometime alter I moved the machine and it went away. Bottom line, check the level. I now check it whenever I move it. I haven't had the issue since.

I think you may be right, as I noticed the game is playing a bit slow, and was going to raise the levelers in the back.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I'm maybe going to be in the market for one of these soon. What are the typical problem areas I should be looking for?

-Does Kenny move back and forth, does he drop forward when the opto is tripped
-Does the toilet lid open and does the back open for Mr Hankey to pop out.
- Other usual issue with these is cold solder joints on the trough optos and Kenny s opto.
- Mr Hankey's right arm is usually always broken, but thats not a big deal.

For the most part, SP is a solid game.

#283 6 years ago

Here is a pic of the subway with an arrown pointing to where the ball gets stuck. I did raise the back and that helped somewhat.

20170602_201037 (resized).jpg20170602_201037 (resized).jpg

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

- Other usual issue with these is cold solder joints on the trough optos and Kenny s opto.

Thanks!

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Here is a pic of the subway with an arrown pointing to where the ball gets stuck. I did raise the back and that helped somewhat.

As an FYI, I don't know want you are using to check the angle but if you are using your phone with an app forget it. Different apps give you different readings that are all over the place. Get a digital protractor or something similar. Set it as close to 6 1/2 degrees as you can.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I'll add:
- Wear on the cabinet art around the start and flipper buttons.
- Broken or missing plastics around Kenny
- SP is very susceptible to wear in the wood in front of Kenny, around Cartman's hole and Chef's saucer. Almost every routed game will have beat up wood in these areas unless someone repaired it. Cliffy does make a protector for these areas if the damage bugs you.
- Look for the Cartman topper with warning sign.
- Look at the condition of the targets and target stickers. These seem really durable but if one broken, the replacement may not have the character sticker and you need to purchase a whole set to get the single sticker.
- As GLSP mentioned, when you hit Kenny, he should bend over slightly. Once you start the Kenny mode by hitting him the required number of times, he should rock back and fourth as the mode is playing. Once you kill him, he should drop face down as the animation plays. There is also a flasher bulb inside Kenny that lights him up. The bulb is often broken and a simple fix. The grease in the Kenny mechanism on my game was gummed up causing his movements to be slow and not quite right. Simple cleaning of the pivot points and some fresh lube and he has been working perfect for years.

Agree with GLSP, SP is a very reliable game once tuned up.

#287 6 years ago

Checked the play field angle and all is well there. Play field was slightly unlevel, so I fixed that and it didn't seem to help. I decided to pull the subway, and you were right, major PITA. What I did do, that seems to have fixed it, is to install a rubber foot thingy in the subway to keep the ball away from that area. Why that cutout section is there, I got no idea.

8B4D1C4C-82A9-46F7-A9A1-0FA196A553BB (resized).JPG8B4D1C4C-82A9-46F7-A9A1-0FA196A553BB (resized).JPG

#288 6 years ago

Someone help me...where on earth is the main volume adjustment on a South Park? I've waded neck deep in all of the service menu adjustments and found them for background and knocker volume, but it the manual refers me to "Section 3, Chapter 1 - Intro" for setting main volume and so help me...it's not there.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Someone help me...where on earth is the main volume adjustment on a South Park? I've waded neck deep in all of the service menu adjustments and found them for background and knocker volume, but it the manual refers me to "Section 3, Chapter 1 - Intro" for setting main volume and so help me...it's not there.

Press the red button to start the volume adjust mode, then press the red or green button to raise and lower the volume.

#290 6 years ago

Wow...and I was about to start looking for pots.

facepalm (resized).jpgfacepalm (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#291 6 years ago

I joined the club on Saturday. Machine is fairly good shape on the PF. The cab has some heavy fade and I'm still flip flopping on if I should do a cab job - it came with a whole set of decals so at this point it's really only a labor cost.
Hankeys right arm is broken
Kenny plastic (#4) is broken
Minimal wear that a cliffy would cover but holy cow $100? That's a lot of dough.
It needs new slingshot plastics.
What's the going rate for slingshot plastics and plastic #4? I found them but the price feels high - $85 for NOS.
Also found a topper for $40 assuming it's not the Cartman topper just the show intro topper.

#292 6 years ago

Is anyone using a Pin2DMD display on their SP pin? There is one guy who is starting to work on this, looks pretty sweet.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3159-start-messing-with-south-park/

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Is anyone using a Pin2DMD display on their SP pin? There is one guy who is starting to work on this, looks pretty sweet.
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3159-start-messing-with-south-park/

I googled for the kit and did not find any pricing for it

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I googled for the kit and did not find any pricing for it

smitherssp is working on a group buy of pin2dmd's. He talks about it in the thread on coloring SFII. PM him for details if you are interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-street-fighter-ii-great-again/page/3#post-3839899

#295 6 years ago

So I'm in need of some help

Item 1: Kenny lamp setup
I've only got this File_000(1) (resized).jpegFile_000(1) (resized).jpeg
Pretty sure I need item 515-7006-00 does anyone have a lead on one?

Item 2: Kenny is "nailed"
Is all I need 530-5537-00 to fix this? File_001(1) (resized).jpegFile_001(1) (resized).jpeg

Item 3: Ball won't pass through unless I remove the rubber. Thoughts? File_002 (resized).jpegFile_002 (resized).jpeg

Item 4: Switch 42 - Kenny Opto - I'm getting a tech fault. The transmitter is glowing, the receiver is noticing when I put my hand in front. If I pull power from the transmitter the error stays. If I pull power from the receiver the error clears. Any thoughts on how to fix? Pic is the connector on the receiver. File_004 (resized).jpegFile_004 (resized).jpeg

Item 5: Hack-a-light - Anyone replaced their fluorescent tube with an LED and want to share what they used? For some reason they hacked in some rope lighting. File_006 (resized).jpegFile_006 (resized).jpeg

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So I'm in need of some help
Item 1: Kenny lamp setup
I've only got this
Pretty sure I need item 515-7006-00 does anyone have a lead on one?
Item 2: Kenny is "nailed"
Is all I need 530-5537-00 to fix this?
Item 3: Ball won't pass through unless I remove the rubber. Thoughts?
Item 4: Switch 42 - Kenny Opto - I'm getting a tech fault. The transmitter is glowing, the receiver is noticing when I put my hand in front. If I pull power from the transmitter the error stays. If I pull power from the receiver the error clears. Any thoughts on how to fix? Pic is the connector on the receiver.
Item 5: Hack-a-light - Anyone replaced their fluorescent tube with an LED and want to share what they used? For some reason they hacked in some rope lighting.

It looks like 530-5537-00 and 2 e clips for the ends is all you need for Kenny. The manual lists the clips as 270-5002-00. There are also those 4 nylon bearings that clip into the plates that the pin goes through. You may want new ones since that nail may have torn them up. 545-5423-00.
SPKennyPin (resized).jpgSPKennyPin (resized).jpg

You may have the wrong size post rubbers they look a little large. Mine only come out to the edge of the hex on the bottom. The manual says they should be part number 545-5308-00.
spposts (resized).jpgspposts (resized).jpg

I'm not sure about an led bulb replacement, I thought my original bulb left the top and bottom too dim. I built one of the led panels and I like the way it evenly lights the entire backglass.
SPBackbox (resized).jpgSPBackbox (resized).jpg

#297 6 years ago

+1 on the LED board for backbox lighting.

If you look at your first picture of Kenny, you can see the socket and wires on the left side. Looks like all you need to do is solder it back together.

#298 6 years ago

Will a DMD from a newer model Stern(Say Transformers or Walking Dead) work in a South Park?

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Will a DMD from a newer model Stern(Say Transformers or Walking Dead) work in a South Park?

LED DMDs from newer Sterns will not be plug and play. You will need to provide a suitable 5V power supply to run the LED DMD....

Plasma displays (glass orange displays) of any era are are all plug and play.

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

+1 on the LED board for backbox lighting.
If you look at your first picture of Kenny, you can see the socket and wires on the left side. Looks like all you need to do is solder it back together.

Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees... D'oh! - wait wrong show

Quoted from latenite04:

It looks like 530-5537-00 and 2 e clips for the ends is all you need for Kenny. The manual lists the clips as 270-5002-00. There are also those 4 nylon bearings that clip into the plates that the pin goes through. You may want new ones since that nail may have torn them up. 545-5423-00.

You may have the wrong size post rubbers they look a little large. Mine only come out to the edge of the hex on the bottom. The manual says they should be part number 545-5308-00.

I'm not sure about an led bulb replacement, I thought my original bulb left the top and bottom too dim. I built one of the led panels and I like the way it evenly lights the entire backglass.

Got all of those parts ordered! Thanks for the help.

I was looking into the LED panels but $125 (+$25 shipping) was the cheapest I could find through flipper fidelity. Looked into making my own and was looking like $40-50 worth of parts based on what others had done plus a few hours of my time.

I'd used a fluorescent to LED bulb from amazon in my RFM and SWE1 and it worked great and was really easy to install. Figured I'd give it a whirl for $15 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ILQZ3QU/ref=od_aui_detailpages00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/6?hl=exgametrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.