Topic Stats

• 910 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by gwarrior
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 221 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image0 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image2 (resized).jpeg
20191005_171726 (resized).jpg
6D964FE0-2217-4070-ABCC-CF01B71D4F6A (resized).jpeg
66720DBD-DC0D-4880-8082-92CFAADF9F43 (resized).jpeg
DA825502-9A35-4F5B-B2D0-CF8BAD7A6DE8 (resized).jpeg
4F703618-31C5-4750-B3F9-507B728541B4 (resized).png
9A754E05-55AC-45C3-8DBD-2B0CBDAABEC9 (resized).png
EC569D87-F6C8-4663-9721-3A1D73229B08 (resized).jpeg
46096F2E-1719-4440-800A-121ADCC25C99 (resized).jpeg
Grill in Back (resized).JPG
Grill behind acrylic (resized).JPG
IMG_20190909_212310 (resized).jpg
69877985_2621027117907818_4226241243669069824_n (resized).jpg
73B773C1-0F05-44C7-895F-491173D1654A (resized).jpeg

There are 910 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.
#151 3 years ago

I have another question.
Are the shots for each kid you hit supposed to carry over to the next ball?
Right now only Kenny and Cartman continues to the next ball, while the others start over. It doesn't seem right to me.

#152 3 years ago

I have another question.
Are the shots for each kid you hit supposed to carry over to the next ball?
Right now only Kenny and Cartman continues to the next ball, while the others start over. It doesn't seem right to me.

#153 3 years ago

Thats the way it is supposed to be. Frustrates the crap out of me.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from Boomer71:

Thats the way it is supposed to be. Frustrates the crap out of me.

If only I could figure out how to program the ROM's. Obvious oversight as the programming carries over the easiest 2.

#156 3 years ago

I know you can change the difficulty level for the game. Maybe if you changed it to easy, it may hold the others. I never changed it to easy to see. I have had mine set to normal since I got the game.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

anyone got a link to the decals? I searched ebay and didn't turn up anything

South Park cabinet decals here: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/south-park-sega-pinball-cabinet-decals/

1 week later
#158 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok thanks, i think i found the problem.

What was the problem?

#159 3 years ago

The switch that was in the shooting lane was barely screwed on, so once i tightened it everything worked.
The whole Kenny mech was loose also, but thats just one of many switches that didnt work.

#160 3 years ago

another member in the sp club .....here is some pics of mine ....

20160915_211833 (resized).jpg

20160915_211812 (resized).jpg

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The switch that was in the shooting lane was barely screwed on, so once i tightened it everything worked.
The whole Kenny mech was loose also, but thats just one of many switches that didnt work.

I am glad to see that it is actually suppoed to auto-plunge after the first ball. I always thought it was a problem with my switch as well, although I feel it is a little wonky at times. My Cartman hole and my Chef switches are like that as well. The joys of having one of the most heavily routed games!

#162 3 years ago

Just found this thread! I've had mine a couple months and love it, I was lucky enough to find one in very good condition.
I thought it was weird that Towelie isn't anywhere on the machine, but you can hear his voice in one of the comments while playing.
Defiantly a keeper!

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from mystic-:

Just found this thread! I've had mine a couple months and love it, I was lucky enough to find one in very good condition.
I thought it was weird that Towelie isn't anywhere on the machine, but you can hear his voice in one of the comments while playing.
Defiantly a keeper!

Towelie wasn't introduced until 2001. Machine predates his character. That is why he is missing.

#164 3 years ago

I will be joining the club for a second time today!!! Picking up a SP this evening. Why did I ever sell my first one???

#165 3 years ago

Picked one of these up a couple months ago and I don't think I've ever seen a nicer one. You could eat off of the inside of the cabinet, the shooter lane is pristine in the game just sparkles. Added Terrance and Philip alternate topper on the bare left-handed side of the back box and it fits in perfectly because of the match sequence. My only question is how do you set the ball save time on this game. It's different than every other Stern I've ever owned and I haven't owned a Sega from this vintage. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

#166 3 years ago

There is no adjustment for the ball save time that I know of. I did not see any adjustment in manual for this, I think it is programmed into the game.

#167 3 years ago

Joined the club today. Kenny optos not working. Toilet is cracked but works. Hankey is missing a hand. 2 minor cracks in plastics.

Playfield is really clean but the insert decal on the purple skill shot by the outlane is basically gone.

Game is playing well and cabinet is in good shape.

I intend on restoring what I can based on parts availability.

IMG_9730 (resized).JPG

#168 3 years ago

Congratulations. That machine looks in great shape for an early production run. I love the wizard plastic over the ramp.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Congratulations. That machine looks in great shape for an early production run. I love the wizard plastic over the ramp.

It is in quite good shape actually. I am highly critical of my pins. Beyond what was mentioned above this game is fantastic.

#170 3 years ago

I'm glad I checked in on this thread again. I haven't played mine in a while, but my eyes always light up when I see one listed for sale. Wait a minute, I already own that game. Lots of character and despite the bashers, I love it. It got the most attention at my last pinball meet. A bunch of grown men all laughing at the fart sounds. It was so much fun with everyone playing. This game is in my queue to LED out.

I currently have the prototype ROM installed with the rug muncher video mode. I have heard the current ROM has better code. Can anyone elaborate? This game has longer than normal ball times, but some of the shots are quite challenging. I've made it to Spooky Vision (that's the mini wizard mode name?) once and I was cheering.

#171 3 years ago

The reaction to this title is really funny... people bash it on here but when friends come over (pinhead and non-pinhead types) it is always one of the most played.

I think the bad rap it gets is from owners in a small collection. It is not challenging enough to hold interest. If all you are trying to do is score points, it can get boring. I find myself ignoring score and trying to start and complete each of the character shots (Cartman, Kenny, Chef, Kyle, Stan) and multiball in one game. I find that tough to do.

#172 3 years ago

Does anyone have a scan of the thin plastic to the right of Kenny? The top of mine was missing when I bought the machine. I looked for a set of plastics a while ago but couldn't find any. I guess making my own is the next best option.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Joined the club today. Kenny optos not working. Toilet is cracked but works. Hankey is missing a hand. 2 minor cracks in plastics.

My optos didn't work either. There are supposed to be "springs" over them so that the ball does not hit them. Those are probably gone. I had to re-solder and re-aim them. They are a pain. But worth it to see Kenny moving around. Good thing is that not having them does not affect game play.

Look in the bottom of the cabinet and I'll bet you will find the hand that is always missing. That's where I found mine. There is a post in this forum on how to reattach it.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Does anyone have a scan of the thin plastic to the right of Kenny? The top of mine was missing when I bought the machine. I looked for a set of plastics a while ago but couldn't find any. I guess making my own is the next best option.

Almost impossible to find that plastic. I got a piece of acrylic from home depot and made one using a Dremel tool. It is just clear but unless you stare at it, you hardly know it isn't the original.

#175 3 years ago

Can someone take a photo of the kenny opto area that is 100% correct with all parts?

#176 3 years ago

Here are some. Let me know if this isn't what you need.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#177 3 years ago

Yeah thanks, mine has the ball guides just like yours. I guess some air balls have just taken out the optos over the years. Any advice on the best way to remove them for servicing?

#178 3 years ago

They are attached to a bracket which screws to the underside of the playfield with 3 screws. Just unplug the connectors and remove the entire bracket. Hopefully you just have to reflow the solder but if you need to replace the led's the part is MV8114 and you have to replace both of them as a set.
http://www.pinballsupernova.com/images/Sega_Stern%20White%20Star%20Repair%20-%20PinWiki.pdf

kennyopto (resized).jpg

#179 3 years ago

Can anyone verify if the latest batch of 300 South Parks came with Stern stickers on the coin door? The one i just picked up has this. My first SP had the Sega sticker.

The Stern buyout happened during this machine I believe.

#180 3 years ago

The boards in the backbox of mine all have Stern stickers on them. No sticker at all on the coin door.

#181 3 years ago

I have stern stickers on some boards, sega on coin door and stern on the playfield glass.

#182 3 years ago

Come on down to SouthPark and meet some friends of mine.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Yeah thanks, mine has the ball guides just like yours. I guess some air balls have just taken out the optos over the years. Any advice on the best way to remove them for servicing?

If you go into the test menu, go into the active switch test. If the Kenny opto is active, the chances 9 times out of 10, the right side receiver led is probably bent down out of alignment. I assume the left led emitter is lit. I have to bend mine back up at times, even with the wires in place. I sometimes get phantom hits on Kenny, I just bend up the right led a bit and it works again. I am trying to figure a good way to protect it, (that wont look like crap) but have not figured anything out yet. If you checked this already, great. Hopefully this all it is and no disassembly needed at this time.

#184 3 years ago

I was fiddling with the right side and it is indeed out of alignment. I will try bending the right opto up but it may require a resolder as it is very tight against the board.

#185 3 years ago

Is there a cliffy for the Cartman hole?

And man do I need a replacement toilet!!!

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Is there a cliffy for the Cartman hole?

Yep! http://www.passionforpinball.com/spk.htm

Quoted from Boomer71:

I have to bend mine back up at times, even with the wires in place.

100s of games on mine and I never have to adjust mine. Are your LEDs soldered tight to the boards?

#187 3 years ago

Maybe not as tight as they need to be. I resoldered them once already, may need to try to tighten it up.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Are you referring to the plastic to Kenny's right, or on the machine's right side? I have a scan of the former, can get you one of the latter. I have a whole plastic set that I purchased from when I first got my SP.

#189 3 years ago

Speaking of replacing the big plastic next to Kenny on the left side(Kenny's right, the one that is notoriously broken), would you disassemble the ramp and take everything out, or would I be able to just unscrew the certain screws and metal spacers and slide it in?

#190 3 years ago

There are support posts that go through the plastic to kenny's left so it does not appear to be an easy swap...

#191 3 years ago

The plastic on the machine's right closest to the ramp entrance is the one that's missing a piece. My other one is cracked as well and if you have a scan that would be great. I have an image file I used to make my own wizard plastic that I could dig out if anyone is interested.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

The plastic on the machine's right closest to the ramp entrance is the one that's missing a piece. My other one is cracked as well and if you have a scan that would be great. I have an image file I used to make my own wizard plastic that I could dig out if anyone is interested.

PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send you the bigger piece scan right away. I will have to wait until Monday to get a good scan on that smaller piece by the ramp.

#193 3 years ago

when making a Ramp Shot and the toilet is closed should the ball roll easily over the toilet to the next ramp or fall off of the toilet lid if not moving fast enough? Mine will fall off of the toilet 3 out of 5 times..

#194 3 years ago

Been in the club for a couple of months and I had an idea the other night and I wansn't sure if anyone has tried it yet, so here it is. I am a huge fan of the show, but the pin cam out so early in the life of the show it is missing a lot of the great characters and quotes from the show. I have heard of guys using an aftermarket sound board in GNR to actually add songs and I was wondering if it might be possible to use the same setup to change the sounds in the game and add in those missing elements?

I don't know much about the pins sounds board or even if this is possible with that setup, but it would be pretty sweet if its possible and a fun project.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from mystic-:

when making a Ramp Shot and the toilet is closed should the ball roll easily over the toilet to the next ramp or fall off of the toilet lid if not moving fast enough? Mine will fall off of the toilet 3 out of 5 times..

Mine will roll over the toilet every time. I think there is a little foam rail or a ridge that is supposed to be there to guide it to the ramp if I remember correctly.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from mystic-:

It should roll easily, your toilet lid should have a little guide on it to make sure the ball doesn't fall off.

toilet lid SP (resized).png

#197 3 years ago

could I get a close up of that, please?

#198 3 years ago

Im in need of the toilet target decals and the decals for Mafesto and Ned. Anyone have some they can sell? I'm aware Marco has the entire decal sheet, but $60 seems steep for just 5 stickers I need.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Im in need of the toilet target decals and the decals for Mafesto and Ned. Anyone have some they can sell? I'm aware Marco has the entire decal sheet, but $60 seems steep for just 5 stickers I need.

I need the flipper bat decals and would be interested the decals you don't use if you order it.

#200 3 years ago

And a toilet. Someone must want to dump a spare toilet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Bountiful, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
PinSound
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 910 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside