image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 33.
#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Barto:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you !!

This is perfect !!

1 week later
#1302 1 year ago

How do I make my Kenny work this well ??

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

How do I make my Kenny work this well ??

What doesn't yours do? I had to rebuild my whole assembly. Similar to flipper assemblies, stuff wears out when coil sleeves and stops are involved. Also check wiring. Mine were too tight.

#1304 1 year ago

I found you need the right tension springs in Kenny to make him work correctly but as rwarren28806 said i rebuilt my keen with all new parts including new coils and he works as good as new.

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

I found you need the right tension springs in Kenny to make in work correctly but as rwarren28806 said i rebuilt my keen with all new parts including new coils and he works as good as new.

Thank you All !!!
Yes it’s been a routed game that’s seen plenty of action

Building a list as we speak

Kenny will rise again … just to die LOL

#1306 1 year ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

What doesn't yours do? I had to rebuild my whole assembly. Similar to flipper assemblies, stuff wears out when coil sleeves and stops are involved. Also check wiring. Mine were too tight.

It's all about the springs... Mine works pretty close to that but the springs are worn out and I tried several different options I could find that I thought would be close enough but no dice... Unless you can find the springs, which seem to be unobtanieum now, I think you're going to be limited a bit...

#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

It's all about the springs... Mine works pretty close to that but the springs are worn out and I tried several different options I could find that I thought would be close enough but no dice... Unless you can find the springs, which seem to be unobtanieum now, I think you're going to be limited a bit...

Yeah my Kenny doesn’t even properly center so I bought a few different compression springs from pinball life and hope I can make something work

#1308 1 year ago

Yeah my Kenny doesn’t even properly center so I bought a few different compression springs from pinball life and hope I can make something work

Post back if you find the right combination...

#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Post back if you find the right combination...

Will do ordered a high compression and soft might used the pair and dial it in as I go

Will record my findings

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Turns out one of my optics were unplugged and I was only getting a single coil kick

Still have new parts coming to freshen up the pivots but I’m seeing a lot more movement from the coils on Kenny

#1311 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Yep the correct springs no longer exist I bought the last remaining ones left in stock anywhere on earth.

1 week later
#1312 1 year ago

So I just realized the left Orbit ‘Stan’ sw47 doesn’t work

I replaced the switch and Diode - still doesn’t work

I went through the switch Matrix chart and I’m hunting down the possible brown daisy

Any other thoughts ?

06380FEB-DB8B-416F-A617-098BDD7FBDA6 (resized).jpeg06380FEB-DB8B-416F-A617-098BDD7FBDA6 (resized).jpeg
#1313 1 year ago

So I just realized the left Orbit ‘Stan’ sw47 doesn’t work
I replaced the switch and Diode - still doesn’t work
I went through the switch Matrix chart and I’m hunting down the possible brown daisy
Any other thoughts ?
[quoted image]

All fixed turned out it was the entire COL

The CN7 - Pin 2 was not making a great connection right at the board

#1314 1 year ago

This is an odd one for me, looking for tech help.

2 issues popped up at once, possibly 3.
During gameplay, balls collect in chef and don't pop out until ball search. Kenny is not registering opto hits either before or after going into the subway. The weird thing is that during switch test, all of the switches register. If a game has not started yet, I can toss a ball into chef and it will kick it out. Start a game back up, and the issues come back.

Any ideas?

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

This is an odd one for me, looking for tech help.
2 issues popped up at once, possibly 3.
During gameplay, balls collect in chef and don't pop out until ball search. Kenny is not registering opto hits either before or after going into the subway. The weird thing is that during switch test, all of the switches register. If a game has not started yet, I can toss a ball into chef and it will kick it out. Start a game back up, and the issues come back.
Any ideas?

Hey

Been also working on a SP so maybe I can help

First - Kenny
My Kenny operated poorly and showed little movement … my issues was my optic boards were defective and did my register hits only the subway made Kenny wiggle 1x

I ordered new optic HOP pairs and my issue was gone with Kenny

Second -‘Chef

There is a Fork VUK Switch under his hole with a wooden spacer… my issue was also flakey operating. I had a bad diode with cold solder joints on the switch / coil .. the diode is not on the switch but buried on a small bridge that shares another diode for a Kenny Lamp.. I also bought a new switch from Pinballlife as a precaution but turns out I didn’t need it as those minor issues fixed it

Try the game with glass off in gameplay with coin door closed

No guarantee anything I mentioned will
Fix your game but those were my results from troubleshooting

Any issues feel free to message me

#1316 1 year ago

Need fellow SP owners to chime in

I have the latest Cpu / display chips BUT what I am really missing going with the 7 chip rom /Profanity Chips ?

I know about the Video Mode feature that was removed etc

Is it worth it ??

Anything rule wise I will lose reverting the early roms that were pulled due to many complaints

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

#1317 1 year ago

Need fellow SP owners to chime in
I have the latest Cpu / display chips BUT what I am really missing going with the 7 chip rom /Profanity Chips ?
I know about the Video Mode feature that was removed etc
Is it worth it ??
Anything rule wise I will lose reverting the early roms that were pulled due to many complaints
Let me know your thoughts
Thanks

The general consensus is that it's not worth the messed up code to get a video mode that's too simple and a couple more curse words.

3 weeks later
#1318 1 year ago

Has anyone found replacement springs for Kenny? My right one has lost strength and he's leaning to the right. Marco has been out of them for years it seems.

#1319 1 year ago

Has anyone found replacement springs for Kenny? My right one has lost strength and he's leaning to the right. Marco has been out of them for years it seems.

I am rebuilding my Kenny and bought difference compression springs to create a sub

I will report back with the combination

#1320 1 year ago

Cartman Hole question

When I shoot the hole it qualifies toward his mode BUT right before the coil fires the ball up it counts as another shot ? Ideas ?

Also anyway to turn off the ball save from Cartmans kickout - I have checked settings and nothing is listed

Played another SP years back and do not recall a courtesy ball save

Thanks
James

2 weeks later
#1321 1 year ago

Ok, so I’m brand new to pinball and took the plunge with a South Park because I love the theme. The machine came with an extra rom that looks similar to the voice roms. Is this for the unbleeped version of the voices? If so how do I install it?

#1322 1 year ago

hi the profanity version is a 7 chip set . The roms should say profanity on them. what does the single chip say? ie 1.03 cpu etc

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from Astill:

hi the profanity version is a 7 chip set . The roms should say profanity on them. what does the single chip say? ie 1.03 cpu etc

Here is a picture of the extra rom that came with the machine. The person I bought it from said the person he bought it from gave it to him couldn’t remember why.

2037D8B7-CCCA-4867-B532-7AC107ED49EA (resized).jpeg2037D8B7-CCCA-4867-B532-7AC107ED49EA (resized).jpeg
#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from Noob78:

Here is a picture of the extra rom that came with the machine. The person I bought it from said the person he bought it from gave it to him couldn’t remember why.
[quoted image]

That's a 1Mb eprom, and the CPU rom is the only 1Mb chip in the set. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the original CPU rom for the machine. The CPU chip was the only one to change between version 1.01 and 1.03, so it was a one-chip upgrade. To see what it is, you can either dump the data from that chip (requires an eprom burner or similar) or just plug it in to socket U210 and see what happens when you boot the machine.

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from Noob78:

Ok, so I’m brand new to pinball and took the plunge with a South Park because I love the theme. The machine came with an extra rom that looks similar to the voice roms. Is this for the unbleeped version of the voices? If so how do I install it?

To unbleep the callouts, all you need to do is set your game to “adult mode” in adjustments. It also changes some of the animations (multiball start for one).

The profanity set adds more profanity but it takes the rules and code so far back it’s not really worth it.

#1326 1 year ago

I set it to adult mode and the animation has the you killed Kenny “you bastard”, instead of saying “rats” when hitting the credit button it bleeps out “how about you suck my a$$. That’s the part I’m trying to unbleep and a couple others. When booting up it says version 1.0.1

1 week later
#1327 1 year ago

This common with Audio can someone confirm on their SP

See my post below for more info

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitestar-audio-overlap-south-park#post-7325818

#1328 1 year ago

This common with Audio can someone confirm on their SP
See my post below for more info
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitestar-audio-overlap-south-park#post-7325818

If my SP is any indication…this is normal. My son stopped playing Xbox to ask what the hell was happening with all of the call outs on top of each other.

#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

If my SP is any indication…this is normal. My son stopped playing Xbox to ask what the hell was happening with all of the call outs on top of each other.

Thank you !!

#1330 1 year ago

Looking for a used but not cracked Left inlane Cows plastic

Lmk if you have an extra available

Thank you

2 weeks later
#1331 1 year ago

How do I access the left and right coils for Kenny? I need to replace the coil sleeves but it looks a bit baffling.

#1332 1 year ago

How do I access the left and right coils for Kenny? I need to replace the coil sleeves but it looks a bit baffling.

Whole assembly comes out
3 bolts topside under ramp (holes through plastic)

Screws underneath

There is a connecting plug

Yo remove Kenny I just pulled the C clip on his pivot hinge and slid out the metal rod

Kenny had a plug to for the lamps

#1333 1 year ago

Whole assembly comes out
Screws underneath
Yo remove Kenny I just pulled the C clip on his pivot hinge and slid out the metal rod

I just rebuilt my Kenny and I tell you it was definitely a pain in the ass but he works so much smoother now it makes me smile when I kill that little bastard

#1334 1 year ago

Whole assembly comes out
Screws underneath

Awesome, thanks!

#1335 1 year ago

So I need to replace a flipper coil. Pretty sure these are the original coil stops and sleeves, the sleeve only peels out of the coil bits at a time by plyers.

Which of these is the proper coil on Marco for the left flipper?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5032-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5030-00

#1336 1 year ago

So I need to replace a flipper coil. Pretty sure these are the original coil stops and sleeves, the sleeve only peels out of the coil bits at a time by plyers.
Which of these is the proper coil on Marco for the left flipper?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5032-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5030-00

From the manual 090-5030-00T both left and right. Sleeves are 545-5388-00.

1 week later
#1337 1 year ago

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that marco pinball has the plastic sets for South Park on the site for sale i just ordered mine hopefully they come through

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-5967-XX

#1338 1 year ago
Quoted from Fox99:

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that marco pinball has the plastic sets for South Park on the site for sale i just ordered mine hopefully they come through
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-5967-XX

I'm sure they will be sold out soon....

#1339 1 year ago

Ok, I ordered a set, let’s see if they can deliver… now if I could just get a replacement ramp return my restoration will be nearly complete once I do the cabinet refinish/decal. Got to paint it and sand it first.

#1340 1 year ago

They have the around Kenny plastic by itself in stock as well, I bought an extra of that too.

#1341 1 year ago

Any of you guys buying new sets if you wanna sell your used plastic that wraps around the right side of the toilet its the only one I need. I can't justify $300 for one plastic. Mine is broken in a discrete spot but I'd really love to replace it. Maybe I can soften the blow for you and complete mine at the same time.

#1342 1 year ago

Ordered a set as well and the extra large wrap around plastic

Thanks for the update

#1343 1 year ago

Ok, complete plastics set just arrived from Marco in the post. So this is actually happening people. Get a set while in stock.

#1344 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, complete plastics set just arrived from Marco in the post. So this is actually happening people. Get a set while in stock.

Are you going to install them? What is the quality look like?

Thanks

#1345 1 year ago

They are complete, pretty and beautiful. It comes with all the keychain fobs too… they look great. And yes installing the ones that are broken in my machine.

They look like NOS but they are remanufactured, they are laser cut, at least that’s what it looks like with burned protective coating edges.
Not sure of the printing process but they feel screened because you can feel the layers, but how it was applied?!?

#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Are you going to install them? What is the quality look like?
Thanks

I am a new SP owner (came last Friday) and I prefer to have a plastic set with my older pins (this and Monopoly), so I ordered a set and received it today...

Lots of plastic in this one! Laser cut like Bublehead said, colors are vibrant. Seamed expensive, but for a 24 yr old machine, I want to have the parts on hand. Was worth it to me, and I don't even know if i have any of the small plastics broke... the slings are warn, but it came with replacements for that.

20230201_205104 (resized).jpg20230201_205104 (resized).jpg
#1347 1 year ago

Next issue...

On my machine, when the DMD does bright colors or animations that fill most of the screen, I hear the power supply screaming (I have very high frequency hearing perception, could hear tube tv's from across the house, glad those days are done!)

Is that normal or a sign of a dying DMD or PS?

#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

Next issue...
On my machine, when the DMD does bright colors or animations that fill most of the screen, I hear the power supply screaming (I have very high frequency hearing perception, could hear tube tv's from across the house, glad those days are done!)
Is that normal or a sign of a dying DMD or PS?

Unfortunately this is quite common on Sega/early Stern DMD games.

#1349 1 year ago

Joined the club on Thursday. Can't wait to dive in. Though it's in very nice shape.

IMG_5087 (resized).jpgIMG_5087 (resized).jpgIMG_5088 (resized).jpgIMG_5088 (resized).jpg
#1350 1 year ago

New owner checking in! Was on my long list and fell into my hands super cheap so... why not! Picked it up late last night. Boards are clean all matching serial numbers on everything. Already ordered NVRam for it, (AA's were remote mounted thankfully) Set of lollypops in route sides have the typical flipper button wear, The Cartman hole 3D print protector along with the lane protectors (pretty worn there) This one was vended and loved but after reading over all the pages on here seeing others pics, it's in pretty good players condition considering. It's currently blowing the coil fuse seems I have no coil power. Game will start sometimes just no coil action. I had pretty much 0 time to troubleshoot it yet. Toilet is in pretty good shape. Plastics around Kenny are broken naturally. The Kenny area is the worst wear on the game over all. What's the best way to protect/repair/clean up that area? I did see someone reproducing the plastics there in this thread many ideas and fixes. What is the best way to fix that area and keep it from further damage. I see some airball issues with Cliffy's so I figured I'd ask where and what works there best.

52668938477_f854ffe29a_4k (resized).jpg52668938477_f854ffe29a_4k (resized).jpg52668938507_88e1dba3d9_4k (resized).jpg52668938507_88e1dba3d9_4k (resized).jpg52669456176_24644da65a_4k (resized).jpg52669456176_24644da65a_4k (resized).jpg52669726774_cb36d82231_o (resized).jpg52669726774_cb36d82231_o (resized).jpg52669743894_0b4ea8b4e1_4k (resized).jpg52669743894_0b4ea8b4e1_4k (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.