DCBF3629-8AC8-4036-BD83-22AC379146EB (resized).jpeg
5F988EB9-3F40-4BE1-9BF0-596FC1914C73 (resized).jpeg
3A335503-6E27-418A-BF27-30BFA6577A4F (resized).jpeg
AEC983A1-B31F-4100-B521-BE5C10AE00D6 (resized).jpeg
70CD8A0C-752B-4077-8CA7-2C8116D761B7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8456 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 27.
#1251 9 months ago

I just bought a 3D printer and I've made a few prints for my machine. My Kenny optical sensor kept getting hit and moved by the ball so I found a sensor protector that someone designed and it works perfectly. I also printed a light box for the warning sign on top of the machine. I didn't want to drill out the rivets on the sign so I modified it a little to kept the original brackets which is why you can see them when the light is on.

20220127_120939 (resized).jpg20220225_112122 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1252 8 months ago

Finally figured out what that big arrow sticker was for. Has anyone ever seen one installed? Of all the things to be offended by with this machine how is a turd the top of the list

20220322_152703 (resized).jpg20220322_152711 (resized).jpg
#1253 8 months ago

I finally found a South Park that's in the condition I was looking for but while I await for it to arrive, I'm trying to figure something out and I'm hoping someone here can explain this to me. I have searched this thread and so hopefully I didn't miss it in a post...

I'm wondering about the profanity ROM(s)? I see someone on eBay selling the profanity rom with video mode on code level .96 but I see in the IPDB that the most recent code is 1.03. What am I to make of the difference? My understanding is that this isn't just "one" ROM chip but multiple so just trying to understand what I'm looking at here. What's the difference between the .96 profanity ROM(s) and 1.03?

I plan on upgrading the game to NVRAM and that part I think I understand but it's the other chips that make up the game I'm confused by.

Thank you!!!!!

Jeff

#1254 8 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I finally found a South Park that's in the condition I was looking for but while I await for it to arrive, I'm trying to figure something out and I'm hoping someone here can explain this to me. I have searched this thread and so hopefully I didn't miss it in a post...
I'm wondering about the profanity ROM(s)? I see someone on eBay selling the profanity rom with video mode on code level .96 but I see in the IPDB that the most recent code is 1.03. What am I to make of the difference? My understanding is that this isn't just "one" ROM chip but multiple so just trying to understand what I'm looking at here. What's the difference between the .96 profanity ROM(s) and 1.03?
I plan on upgrading the game to NVRAM and that part I think I understand but it's the other chips that make up the game I'm confused by.
Thank you!!!!!
Jeff

Did you read on this website

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=South+park+&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#4444

#1255 8 months ago

I did (I talked about IPDB in my post) which is where I found the 1.03 ROM but that doesn't cover my question unless I'm just missing it...

Jeff

#1256 8 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thank you!!!!!
Jeff

Don't get the profanity roms. It's like 5-6 chips you need to replace a d the important thing to know about the profanity chips is they were prototypes so they are incomplete. You get like 2 curse words, carpet munching mode and then so much of the game is missing. You will be missing music and stuff on the display is missing. Don't waste your time. Unless someone one day combines the code from the profanity chips with the current game play it is a complete waste of time.

#1257 8 months ago
Quoted from Brh5073:

Don't get the profanity roms. It's like 5-6 chips you need to replace a d the important thing to know about the profanity chips is they were prototypes so they are incomplete. You get like 2 curse words, carpet munching mode and then so much of the game is missing. You will be missing music and stuff on the display is missing. Don't waste your time. Unless someone one day combines the code from the profanity chips with the current game play it is a complete waste of time.

^^^This. It was interesting to see the "carpet-munching mode", but other than that, totally not worth the time or effort. So much is missing from this incomplete code. I can say if you do get the chips, it will be short order before you return to the regular ones.

#1258 8 months ago

Thank you both Brh5073 and Scotty_K

I'll take your recommendations and focus just on the NVRAM.

Thanks,
Jeff

#1259 8 months ago
Quoted from Brh5073:

How would someone merge these? You don't have to have a dev kit to accomplish?

#1260 8 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

How would someone merge these? You don't have to have a dev kit to accomplish?

I honestly don't know but for a programmer I don't see it being that hard. Ive worked with programmers and have manipulated simple code so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to add the profanity code and sound/video files in place of the regular files. I really wish someone would do this because I think this game has a lot of potential. I also think changing the rules would be great so that the chef,Kyle and Stan don't reset every time a ball drains.

#1261 7 months ago
Quoted from Brh5073:

I honestly don't know but for a programmer I don't see it being that hard. Ive worked with programmers and have manipulated simple code so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to add the profanity code and sound/video files in place of the regular files. I really wish someone would do this because I think this game has a lot of potential. I also think changing the rules would be great so that the chef,Kyle and Stan don't reset every time a ball drains.

i thought the same thing and would love it. But from what I have read about the subject, the roms are encrypted and can’t be modified. It would require a P3 system or another completely Custom solution.

#1262 7 months ago

Hey guys just picked up a South Park, needs quite a bit of work, can anyone guide me to find parts ? Need toilet, ramps and plastics..

I would appreciate anything you can send my way.

Thanks !

#1263 7 months ago
Quoted from Gbailey069:

Hey guys just picked up a South Park, needs quite a bit of work, can anyone guide me to find parts ? Need toilet, ramps and plastics..
I would appreciate anything you can send my way.
Thanks !

The toilet will need to be 3D printed unless you find one for sale. You can the information in the 3D printing thread forum on this site.

There is a plastic set for sale on ebay.

The Ramps I have no idea if they are available.

#1264 7 months ago

Careful, that plastic set on eBay is not complete. It’s missing the kenny plastic for sure.

#1265 7 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Careful, that plastic set on eBay is not complete. It’s missing the kenny plastic for sure.

I saw the listing but did not look to see if it was a complete kit. I would say it's going to be difficult to get plastics for this pin.

#1266 7 months ago

I would say this toilet hasn't had it easy.. Now looking for new one...

Any leads would help. Thanks again

20220409_104600 (resized).jpg20220409_104605_HDR (resized).jpg20220409_104615 (resized).jpg
#1267 7 months ago
Quoted from Gbailey069:

I would say this toilet hasn't had it easy.. Now looking for new one...
Any leads would help. Thanks again
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pinsider LATENITE04 was kind and creative enough to make a 3D printable version, thank you for doing this LATENITE04. Here is his original post in this thread.

Quoted from latenite04:

In an attempt to keep the large plastic next to Kenny from breaking again I made a support for it. That's just too much plastic to be mounted on three small pressure points.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I also finished up my first attempt at a 3d printed toilet. A few measurements are off but it came out well for try one.
[quoted image]

Here is the thingverse download link:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3604089

I had my spare toilet 3D printed at my public library, but my son’s school would have also done it. I believe there is also a post about the toilet in the 3D Printing thread. They might have other ideas for printing one if you don’t have a 3D printer of your own.
-Lb

#1268 7 months ago

Got a South Park a couple months ago. Got tired of looking for plastics and didn't want to go down the homemade route again so I took the opportunity to recreate Phil Collins hill! This is my first crack at it so there are certainly some improvements to make. Next step is to get some decals made of the Phil Collins image, as used in the show, to put on the face of the left side hill.

Some features:
3 pieces: left side base, left side hill, right side
left side base and right side protect the opto Tx/Rx
Left side base and right side utilize existing post screw holes
Left side hill was made separate in case it takes damage, probably not but who knows. It also allows for optimizing attachment screw placement
Cut out and discarded the fractured left side plastic, it was held together with tape. right side was worse
Left side base and right side hold up the wire forms to proper height
IMG_8456 (resized).jpegIMG_8454 (resized).jpegIMG_8455 (resized).jpegIMG_8457 (resized).jpegIMG_8458 (resized).jpeg

#1269 7 months ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Got a South Park a couple months ago. Got tired of looking for plastics and didn't want to go down the homemade route again so I took the opportunity to recreate Phil Collins hill! This is my first crack at it so there are certainly some improvements to make. Next step is to get some decals made of the Phil Collins image, as used in the show, to put on the face of the left side hill.
Some features:
3 pieces: left side base, left side hill, right side
left side base and right side protect the opto Tx/Rx
Left side base and right side utilize existing post screw holes
Left side hill was made separate in case it takes damage, probably not but who knows. It also allows for optimizing attachment screw placement
Cut out and discarded the fractured left side plastic, it was held together with tape. right side was worse
Left side base and right side hold up the wire forms to proper height
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are great, are they screwed in or just sitting there. Would love to see the final product, I have access to a 3d printer so if you make it public i can use it.

#1270 7 months ago

Just got my South Park today and during shipping some of the character mounting wires broke. I've seen them installed with the wire forms and with springs so my question is, and my apologies if I missed it in the thread as I tried to find a previous post, where might I find these mounting pieces?

Thanks,
Jeff

#1271 7 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Just got my South Park today and during shipping some of the character mounting wires broke. I've seen them installed with the wire forms and with springs so my question is, and my apologies if I missed it in the thread as I tried to find a previous post, where might I find these mounting pieces?
Thanks,
Jeff

They seem to be in stock as single springs and this set at Marco’s (they were out of stock when I needed them).

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6502-01

It is a little steep for springs. The single springs don’t look like they come with the thin plastic washers, but they are 2.99 a piece for the tall or short springs.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/265-5058-05

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/265-5058-06

They do also have a wire mount, but mine only used the springs.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/265-5058-01

I always end up buying way too much other stuff as a way of justifying the shipping cost.
Good luck,
-Lb

#1272 7 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

They seem to be in stock as single springs and this set at Marco’s (they were out of stock when I needed them).
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6502-01
It is a little steep for springs. The single springs don’t look like they come with the thin plastic washers, but they are 2.99 a piece for the tall or short springs.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/265-5058-05
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/265-5058-06
They do also have a wire mount, but mine only used the springs.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/265-5058-01
I always end up buying way too much other stuff as a way of justifying the shipping cost.
Good luck,
-Lb

Face palm... THANK YOU!!! For some reason I didn't see it on Marco's site.

Jeff

#1273 7 months ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

These are great, are they screwed in or just sitting there. Would love to see the final product, I have access to a 3d printer so if you make it public i can use it.

Both bases are screwed to the PF via the original post holes (red arrows). The left side hill is attached to the left side base via the blue arrows.

70CD8A0C-752B-4077-8CA7-2C8116D761B7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#1274 7 months ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

I'd prefer to gather free feedback then sell it for massive gains! j/k i'll take whatever feedback and put it out for free. My only functional concerns are the relative positions of my post holes to the wire guards and the post holes to the IR Tx/Rx cutouts. If you're handy with a dremel i'm confident my models will work just fine. If i can get a couple people to try the .stl as is and confirm they work that's good enough for me. freeloader beware, idk how your machine was assembled, these .stl worked for me but who knows on yours. PM me if you want to give it a try. Note that these parts do require removal of a wire guid and the related plastics. If you have cliffy protectors on the Kenny scoop it has to be loosened as well. This is NOT a 5 minute job. If you have busted plastics around Kenny, stuck balls around Kenny, and are fond of Phil Collins, this mod is for you!

1 week later
#1275 7 months ago

Hoping to get a little knowledge. What is the difference between sega showcase and non showcase version of South Park? Thanks in advance.

#1276 7 months ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Hoping to get a little knowledge. What is the difference between sega showcase and non showcase version of South Park? Thanks in advance.

My South Park was built by Stern in 2020 after Sega sold Stern their pinball division. It is not labeled as a SEGA Showcase. The coin door has an old school Stern decal and the boards have Stern Pinball Inc. stickers over Sega Pinball Inc. printed boards. If I had to guess it was Stern just removing Sega branding.
Side note: The DMD graphics still have the Sega logo, so as long as it didn't require reprogramming Stern was willing to remove Sega logos. Again, this is just a guess.
-Lb

3A335503-6E27-418A-BF27-30BFA6577A4F (resized).jpegAEC983A1-B31F-4100-B521-BE5C10AE00D6 (resized).jpeg Added 6 months ago:

Built in 2000 not 2020.

#1277 7 months ago

South Park at 1UP LODO on the left, no Comet Spotlights. My South Park on the right with a Comet Spotlight on the left sling and another Comet Spotlight just left of the vuk (hiding). Comet Spotlights are a must have mod. All of 1UP’s pins I played shot well and seemed to be in good working order. Except for their JP which was out of order and off. Such a good day.

And, who the hell is KYL? The Centipede scores are insane.
-Lb

5F988EB9-3F40-4BE1-9BF0-596FC1914C73 (resized).jpegDCBF3629-8AC8-4036-BD83-22AC379146EB (resized).jpegFD40D336-94DB-4037-9825-E75398907CBE (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1278 6 months ago

Hi does anyone have a SP playfield in new or used condition FS? Thanks

#1279 6 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

My South Park was built by Stern in 2020
[quoted image][quoted image]

2020? Didn't they stop making them like 20 years ago?

#1280 6 months ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Got a South Park a couple months ago. Got tired of looking for plastics and didn't want to go down the homemade route again so I took the opportunity to recreate Phil Collins hill!

That is great. Would love to see it painted. My plastic is only slightly broken and I don't have the heart to break it off enough for this. I did print the stls for the opto sensors which worked out great and haven't had an issue with the ball hitting them since I installed them.

#1281 6 months ago
Quoted from Brh5073:

2020? Didn't they stop making them like 20 years ago?

Auto Correct!!!

2000. Mine South Park was built in 2000

D8489318-492F-4371-BD39-ADDC3FCC4F50 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1282 4 months ago

Can someone tell me why there's a black square coving up the South Park sign on the bottom of the playfield? I've always wondered this and can find no explanation.

#1283 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Can someone tell me why there's a black square coving up the South Park sign on the bottom of the playfield? I've always wondered this and can find no explanation.

That's not exactly a black square, that's the brown insert underneath the sign. The sign serves as the "ball saver" / shoot again light.

#1284 4 months ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

That's not exactly a black square, that's the brown insert underneath the sign. The sign serves as the "ball saver" / shoot again light.

The color blind guy thanks you.

#1285 4 months ago

Hello. I looking for some help with my SP. At times, I am getting balls randomly ejected and placed into the playing field. Sometimes it is just 1 or 2, other times it is like multiball and they just keep coming even if they go down the drain. It creates a never ending game. Can someone tell me what that might be? Possibly the receiver opto?

2 months later
#1287 77 days ago

Is there anyone printing these?

#1288 77 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Is there anyone printing these?

I went on my local facebook marketplace and found people who will 3D print stuff. Cost me $10

#1289 77 days ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

I went on my local facebook marketplace and found people who will 3D print stuff. Cost me $10

I dont have bookface .....its the toilet of social media....

1 week later
#1290 70 days ago

Is there any way to eliminate the hum coming from the speakers it drives me crazy

#1291 70 days ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Is there any way to eliminate the hum coming from the speakers it drives me crazy

This article is for TSPP but it's also a Stern Whitestar with series-wired speakers, so same stuff should apply:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed

#1292 70 days ago
Quoted from El_Barto:

This article is for TSPP but it's also a Stern Whitestar with series-wired speakers, so same stuff should apply:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-speaker-humbuzz-fixed

Thanks. I found this so going to try and see what happens. https://www.ipdb.org/files/4505/Stern_2001_Monopoly_Service_Bulletin_133.pdf

Its funny my South Park is loud but my Space Jam is quite

#1293 63 days ago

Mine makes different hums as the dmd attract screens change. The worst is the “wave” like hum when it shows SEGA

#1294 63 days ago

I did the resistor change and its 50% better i would say which i can live it.

#1295 57 days ago

Joined the Club

Played this years ago in college and enjoyed it

Hope it has that same feeling from back in the day

Warning Topper was in the game didn’t have it on yet

2F14469E-7DA7-4E96-9097-66D19147CBB1 (resized).jpeg

#1296 55 days ago

So Mr Hanky is locked on when plugged in

I am pulling out the driver board and wanted to see if anyone wants to check their manual as to which transistor controls him

#1297 55 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

So Mr Hanky is locked on when plugged in
I am pulling out the driver board and wanted to see if anyone wants to check their manual as to which transistor controls him

It looks like Q13.
The manual's on ipdb, although the file's a bit large.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4444/Sega_1999_South_Park_Manual_English.pdf
Screenshot 2022-10-04 225515 (resized).png

#1298 55 days ago
Quoted from latenite04:

It looks like Q13.
The manual's on ipdb, although the file's a bit large.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4444/Sega_1999_South_Park_Manual_English.pdf
[quoted image]

Thank you so much

I have a JP Lost World in the lineup
Should I swap boards and see if anything changes or would that possibly damage the JP board

#1299 55 days ago

Anyone able to snap a good picture please of their Backbox

My looks like it’s been tampered with and would like to make it neat and tidy

Thank you

ED641EAF-9AC1-4A0D-959D-F10522FDA1FC (resized).jpeg
#1300 51 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone able to snap a good picture please of their Backbox

IMG_0447 (resized).JPGIMG_0450 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 105.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tucson, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 1,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!