image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 33.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Oh thanks so much, that is very interesting! Thanks for the pic. I wonder why the change/difference? Did your Kenny move back and forth and work ok?
Anyone else work on their Kenny mech and know number of washers?

My Kenny moved too far to his right and then couldn’t get back up strait (he even hit the ramp). His movement to the left was spot on when he was standing strait. I put a stopper nut and washer. To keep him from moving that extra 1/2 inch (to his right) and that seemed to make everything good. I would have replaced the coil sleeves if I had them, they are currently sitting in a Marco and Pinball Life cart waiting to see which gets ordered first. Here is a pic of my temp to maybe forever fix.

30BA160B-F797-4755-82EA-09C4E5C4EABE (resized).jpeg30BA160B-F797-4755-82EA-09C4E5C4EABE (resized).jpegBA091C87-EC24-4166-ACFA-AC9DFF5871FD (resized).jpegBA091C87-EC24-4166-ACFA-AC9DFF5871FD (resized).jpeg
#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

Not yet but following. I am working on a South Park. Kenny dose not move to the right like he moves to the left. The mech seems free enough and the coil to the right is firing. But he kinds just wiggles. The opto is broken in front of him so I have ordered a new set. I saw somewhere the sold protectors for them. Hope they still have them. Once the opto gets here I’ll pull Kenny out and see ho many mine has when I rebuild it.

Right on! Maybe just needs a good cleaning? Good luck with him!!

#1153 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

My Kenny moved too far to his right and then couldn’t get back up strait (he even hit the ramp). His movement to the left was spot on when he was standing strait. I put a stopper nut and washer. To keep him from moving that extra 1/2 inch (to his right) and that seemed to make everything good. I would have replaced the coil sleeves if I had them, they are currently sitting in a Marco and Pinball Life cart waiting to see which gets ordered first. Here is a pic of my temp to maybe forever fix. [quoted image][quoted image]

Ahh gotcha. You said you had the wrong springs on the 2 side coils so maybe that is the issue? They dont seem to be available but you could modify a thick spring and cut to length if needed. Your fix looks like it is a good temporary solution!

#1154 2 years ago

Got my 3D printed toilet today very happy

20211207_185346 (resized).jpg20211207_185346 (resized).jpg
#1155 2 years ago

For anyone wanting to replace the two Kenny springs they are no longer available (However I managed to find the last two NOS on Earth)

Marcos confirmed no one is making them at this time.

If you want to replace them you need a compression spring measuring 2.56 inches overall length with .045 inch diameter wire.

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

For anyone wanting to replace the two Kenny springs they are no longer available (However I managed to find the last two NOS on Earth)
Marcos confirmed no one is making them at this time.
If you want to replace them you need a compression spring measuring 2.56 inches overall length with .045 inch diameter wire.

Nice score!!!

#1157 2 years ago

Whens your next SP video coming out?

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Whens your next SP video coming out?

Ahh you must be a fellow shenanigander I am actually uploading one now! I will try to post it tonight if I dont fall asleep before it is processed

#1159 2 years ago

Ahh you must be a fellow shenanigander I am actually uploading one now! I will try to post it tonight if I dont fall asleep before it is processed

I am and i need your videos for reference when i rebuilt by south park

#1160 2 years ago

Just watched the video. In Kenny and the springs exactly the same? That could be causing the issues having two different springs on the left and right.

#1161 2 years ago

Keep up the good work Mike, following your progress on the SP.

#1162 2 years ago

When I first picked up my SP, Kenny didn’t move side to side or forward correctly at all. It was a low use HUO machine but still, the grease in the mech was gummy. I took the mech apart, cleaned out the old grease and applied some fresh silicone grease and it’s been working perfectly for 5+ years. Also, odds are the flasher bulb inside kenny is broken.

Before hacking the mech, give Kenny a good old fashioned cleaning, fresh grease, new coils sleeves, check the solenoid pawls for burrs and a LED flasher bulb. He deserves it!

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Just watched the video. In Kenny and the springs exactly the same? That could be causing the issues having two different springs on the left and right.

Yes both left and right springs did seem the exact same.

Quoted from rwmech5:

Keep up the good work Mike, following your progress on the SP.

Right on! Thanks brother! Getting there slowly but surely.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

When I first picked up my SP, Kenny didn’t move side to side or forward correctly at all. It was a low use HUO machine but still, the grease in the mech was gummy. I took the mech apart, cleaned out the old grease and applied some fresh silicone grease and it’s been working perfectly for 5+ years. Also, odds are the flasher bulb inside kenny is broken.
Before hacking the mech, give Kenny a good old fashioned cleaning, fresh grease, new coils sleeves, check the solenoid pawls for burrs and a LED flasher bulb. He deserves it!

I have no plans on hacking the mech. That is exactly what I have done! Taken apart, cleaned it all up, cleaned out old grease, applied new grease, new left and right sleeves, plungers and stops inspected and are good, 2 wires were broken on the wire harness for the Kenny bulbs which I have repaired. I will be popping in LEDs in Kenny for sure! I dont have Kenny installed back onto the mech yet, just the bottom is back installed so I'm not entirely sure how well he is going to work yet but in solenoid test he returns to the middle better from the left side and a little sluggish from the right side still. I will install the rest hopefully today and see how he behaves!

#1164 2 years ago

Hey guys where does your Kenny wiring feed into? Does it feed into that hole in the back of the playfield? Mine originally was not fed there but looks like it should be.

20211208_175522 (resized).jpg20211208_175522 (resized).jpg
#1165 2 years ago

Hey guys where does your Kenny wiring feed into? Does it feed into that hole in the back of the playfield? Mine originally was not fed there but looks like it should be.[quoted image]

Mine just feeds down directly behind him.
20211208_185055 (resized).jpg20211208_185055 (resized).jpg

#1166 2 years ago

Yep as latenite04 said. Will be easier to remove kenny and run the wiring.

#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Mine just feeds down directly behind him.
[quoted image]

Awesome thank you. I ended up feeding it in that same spot. On a side note I am just in the process of installing your Kenny plastic upgrade kit. I am also documenting it and it will be in my upcoming video.

Quoted from lowndes8:

Yep as latenite04 said. Will be easier to remove kenny and run the wiring.

Thank you yes I did have him a little bit loose when I fed the wire to make it easier.

20211208_190917 (resized).jpg20211208_190917 (resized).jpg
#1168 2 years ago

Here is the latenite full Kenny plastic kit installed including the extra supports and the opto protectors!

20211208_200017 (resized).jpg20211208_200017 (resized).jpg
#1169 2 years ago

Looks good, any reason you didnt buy cliffys protector for your machine?

#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Looks good, any reason you didnt buy cliffys protector for your machine?

Thanks! Still debating. This may be a good time to poll the club.

How many people here who have installed cliffys are happy with how they have held up over the years? Most specifically the 2 Kenny cliffys.

#1171 2 years ago

And I have another poll for the club.

I have the profanity ROMs not installed yet. I hear there are pros and cons to installing them.

What has your experience been with the profanity roms? Should I install them or should I leave the finished software alone?

#1172 2 years ago

On a side note if you want to see my video documentation of this project here is a link to the 1st episode on my youtube channel. I have done 9 episodes so far. Mostly shenanigans but maybe some useful stuff

#1173 2 years ago

I may have access to a heavily routed South Park. Looks complete and has a few broken plastics. Game boots and plays. Any idea what it's worth?

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

I may have access to a heavily routed South Park. Looks complete and has a few broken plastics. Game boots and plays. Any idea what it's worth?

Got any pics as some plastics are not easy to get

#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Got any pics as some plastics are not easy to get

Going to inspect it tomorrow…

#1176 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Not sure how the market is for a South Park where you live, but in Colorado, I got mine for 3500.00 (several months ago) from a fellow Pinsider. He apparently got 40+ responses in two hours and several that offered more money than the asking price. Fortunately he is a stand up guy and was true to our deal. Mine is in “good shape for a South Park. I assume almost all of them in existence were routed for some part of their life. For as much as pinheads are not big fans of South Park, average people really enjoy it and it earns well on route. I did spend an additional 200.00 converting it to Comet LEDs and replacing a lot of the rubbers with Titan glow in the dark (thank you Black Friday sales). Good luck and I hope you get yours for less than I got mine.

#1177 2 years ago

What is the trick to removing the mr hankey mech? I'm not having much luck. Is it the e clip in the toilet tank?

#1178 2 years ago

What is the trick to removing the mr hankey mech? I'm not having much luck. Is it the e clip in the toilet tank?

Yep thats it

#1179 2 years ago

there is two parts, you should just be able to remove mr hankey section but you need to take the lid off

#1180 2 years ago

Im still rebuilding my machine but having a weird target issue

So when i his the 5 characters Starvin Marvin sounds funny i thought he should say "yeah I want cheesy poofs"
Now when i hit either Grandpa or Mrs Cartman the sound is always Grandpa doesn't matter who I hi and its light both characters up.

I had a spare board so i swapped it and Mrs Cartman and Grandpa were the same BUT Starvin Marvin said "yeah I want cheesy poofs"

I have added a video below. Anyone know what the issue could be i have looked and tried most things and its got me stumped.

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

there is two parts, you should just be able to remove mr hankey section but you need to take the lid off

Thanks man I finally figured it out. Didnt have to remove the lid or any eclips which was nice!

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Im still rebuilding my machine but having a weird target issue
So when i his the 5 characters Starvin Marvin sounds funny i thought he should say "yeah I want cheesy poofs"
Now when i hit either Grandpa or Mrs Cartman the sound is always Grandpa doesn't matter who I hi and its light both characters up.
I had a spare board so i swapped it and Mrs Cartman and Grandpa were the same BUT Starvin Marvin said "yeah I want cheesy poofs"
I have added a video below. Anyone know what the issue could be i have looked and tried most things and its got me stumped.

I would do the switch matrix row/column jumper test and that will determine if issue is on the board or playfield. (refer to pinwiki)

#1183 2 years ago

Hey all my ball gets stuck on the one-way gate in the shooter Lane on a regular basis and I don't see a simple adjustment to prevent this from happening. Do you guys ever run into this? Have a good way to resolve it? I could remove the gate but don't really want to do that.

20211220_163400 (resized).jpg20211220_163400 (resized).jpg
#1184 2 years ago

I spoke too soon. I bent the arm down on the gate so that it is out a little bit more which should be much better.

20211220_163839 (resized).jpg20211220_163839 (resized).jpg
#1185 2 years ago

I spoke too soon. I bent the arm down on the gate so that it is out a little bit more which should be much better. [quoted image]

Don’t happen to have the part number for that ball gate???

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

Don’t happen to have the part number for that ball gate???

The part# for the wire gate at the top of the shooter lane is 535-5307-03. Marco has is for 4.99

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

The part# for the wire gate at the top of the shooter lane is 535-5307-03. Marco has is for 4.99

Thank you! On the South Park I just shopped for the arcade its missing.

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

Thank you! On the South Park I just shopped for the arcade its missing.

I'm shopping one now and it's also missing the same wire gate...just ordered it yesterday. It's also missing the gate that enters the pop bumpers. I could only order the shooter lane gate though as the other was out of stock. I'm going to try to make my own for the pop bumper area out of a bicycle spoke.

#1189 2 years ago

No one answered that has the swearing roms vs standard roms. Is the the profantiy roms worth it? I had been wondering the same thing as I have heard more negatives than positives.

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

I'm shopping one now and it's also missing the same wire gate...just ordered it yesterday. It's also missing the gate that enters the pop bumpers. I could only order the shooter lane gate though as the other was out of stock. I'm going to try to make my own for the pop bumper area out of a bicycle spoke.

I can pull the one from the arcade and send you some detailed pics if needed

#1191 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

I can pull the one from the arcade and send you some detailed pics if needed

Yes that would be great if you could. The description on Marcos site lists dimensions but any measurements you could provide would be great.

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from Conrad:

No one answered that has the swearing roms vs standard roms. Is the the profantiy roms worth it? I had been wondering the same thing as I have heard more negatives than positives.

I heard it was glitchy and the rug munching game got old fast so I never pursued it. I prefer the pinball rather than video games on my pinball machines.

#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

I heard it was glitchy and the rug munching game got old fast so I never pursued it. I prefer the pinball rather than video games on my pinball machines.

I can confirm that. I bought the roms out of curiosity. Played it for a bit, then switched back. The other thing to keep in mind is that those roms are incomplete code.

#1194 2 years ago

Thanks for the knowledge, it just confirms that I won't be changing it than. I have liked some mods I have done so far, but no rom changes than for me.

#1195 2 years ago
Quoted from Conrad:

Thanks for the knowledge, it just confirms that I won't be changing it than. I have liked some mods I have done so far, but no rom changes than for me.

I dont think I will be swapping to my profanity roms either!

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Yes that would be great if you could. The description on Marcos site lists dimensions but any measurements you could provide would be great.

Sorry man I have been sick as a dog last four days. I went to the arcade today. Here is the ball gate. I’ll take better pics shortly and can get measurements.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1197 2 years ago

Pretty much done my shop job and starting to play some games. My Stan shot registers maybe 50% of the time. Anyone have any luck getting this switch to register more frequently?

#1198 2 years ago

Pretty much done my shop job and starting to play some games. My Stan shot registers maybe 50% of the time. Anyone have any luck getting this switch to register more frequently?

Stan is a timing game. Too slow and it registers Chef. Needs to be a quick, clean shot. If he is not registering on normal shots, check the switch along the left orbit.

#1199 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Stan is a timing game. Too slow and it registers Chef. Needs to be a quick, clean shot. If he is not registering on normal shots, check the switch along the left orbit.

Thanks! I have checked that switch closely....maybe I have to try to bend it up a bit but the switch has a little arm that rests under the playfield switch slot so cant really get it adjusted up I dont think. Maybe left to right adjustment but not sure that will help much.

#1200 2 years ago

sagejr here ya go

19EEFF28-DCFA-4A22-A724-44D57763691D (resized).jpeg19EEFF28-DCFA-4A22-A724-44D57763691D (resized).jpeg47F32CC9-5D9E-442B-BA2C-6F213FE10374 (resized).jpeg47F32CC9-5D9E-442B-BA2C-6F213FE10374 (resized).jpeg7D464C81-E173-421D-A4A6-1F9121E2CEDB (resized).jpeg7D464C81-E173-421D-A4A6-1F9121E2CEDB (resized).jpeg8C590FE7-3973-429C-9F77-725C9157AC5C (resized).jpeg8C590FE7-3973-429C-9F77-725C9157AC5C (resized).jpegBF3D0AF2-6E7B-41DF-99AC-4A4DC0830FA0 (resized).jpegBF3D0AF2-6E7B-41DF-99AC-4A4DC0830FA0 (resized).jpegD047416E-A575-4502-A588-8FA6C8C455B2 (resized).jpegD047416E-A575-4502-A588-8FA6C8C455B2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/24?hl=conrad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.