image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 33.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Not to be annoying with so many questions, but I’m rebuilding my playfield, and I have some small thin clear plastic washers. Can anyone tell me where these go? They were off the pin before I got it.

Probably from under the slings.

#1102 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Not to be annoying with so many questions, but I’m rebuilding my playfield, and I have some small thin clear plastic washers. Can anyone tell me where these go? They were off the pin before I got it.

My machine has those under the springs that hold the characters so i imagine the springs dont wear out the plastics. Not sure if that is where they go or not. When i tore down the playfield, i put them back there.

#1103 3 years ago

Hello, new to the club, as I recently acquired SP. My machine was a good find, with beautiful playfield, and no broken plastics, except one target, a replacement for is on the way. I had a couple of issues I was hoping for your thoughts on.

One issue is the seller didn’t leave me with backbox keys...he’s going to send me a new lock core/ key set, but I’m a little nervous about drilling out, or trying to unscrew the lock plate (it has those special star shaped screws). Appreciate tips on the best approach for getting this apart without causing damage to the translite or box. I will also need to figure out how to get the new lock and mechanism back together, and have read the latch and lock for this machine is a bit different from most other models, so I appreciate any grief you can save me, as a total newb and budding hobbyist.

Second issue is Stan mode never engages. What I experience when I make the Stan shot is a credit for Chef instead. I assume there is an issue with switch 47...which is a rollover...any tips on troubleshooting this? If the switch wasn’t closing, I understand the Stan mode not engaging, but not sure why the Chef mode WOULD engage...unless the software logic is written such that the VUK always registers for Chef unless the rollover switch for Stan engages.

Thank you for any thoughts on these issues!!

#1104 3 years ago
Quoted from ParaPandora:

Hello, new to the club, as I recently acquired SP. My machine was a good find, with beautiful playfield, and no broken plastics, except one target, a replacement for is on the way. I had a couple of issues I was hoping for your thoughts on.
One issue is the seller didn’t leave me with backbox keys...he’s going to send me a new lock core/ key set, but I’m a little nervous about drilling out, or trying to unscrew the lock plate (it has those special star shaped screws). Appreciate tips on the best approach for getting this apart without causing damage to the translite or box. I will also need to figure out how to get the new lock and mechanism back together, and have read the latch and lock for this machine is a bit different from most other models, so I appreciate any grief you can save me, as a total newb and budding hobbyist.
Second issue is Stan mode never engages. What I experience when I make the Stan shot is a credit for Chef instead. I assume there is an issue with switch 47...which is a rollover...any tips on troubleshooting this? If the switch wasn’t closing, I understand the Stan mode not engaging, but not sure why the Chef mode WOULD engage...unless the software logic is written such that the VUK always registers for Chef unless the rollover switch for Stan engages.

I am also new to this club, but I have had SP for quite some time. You pretty much have it figured out on your own. When the Stan shot doesn’t trigger, you get credit for Chef, as if you shot it straight up the middle.

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from Tr3ndkill:

I am also new to this club, but I have had SP for quite some time. You pretty much have it figured out on your own. When the Stan shot doesn’t trigger, you get credit for Chef, as if you shot it straight up the middle.

Thank you! I hope to check it out later in the day. A bunch of parts arrived from Marco today, so I’m hoping to tinker after the holiday chaos settles down.

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from ParaPandora:

The Stan shot is hard enough as it is without not getting credit for it when you do make it. Adjust the rollover switch. Roll a ball over it to test and adjust it. Don't use your finger. That switch does tell the programming that the ball came from there and not straight up like a Chef shot.

#1107 3 years ago

Merry Christmas South Park Club! I hope everyone gets to play their game today.
mrhankey.gifmrhankey.gif

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Thanks but they want $5 a spring and then 20 to post to australia and then by the time i convert it to Australian dollars its $50 AUD for two springs inc postage
I contacted Marcos and they found a spring that will work for .89 cents.

Do you happened to have the part number of that substitute spring?

2 months later
#1109 3 years ago

Does anyone have a cliffy set for this pin they never installed? I am looking for one.

2 weeks later
#1110 3 years ago

New to the club. I'm in the process of shopping my machine right now with LEDs, titan rubbers and a couple of other upgrades. The problem is that the toilet is in bad shape. I am looking for a decent used one, a new one, or a printed one. I contacted everyone that in the topic that said they have printed them, but no reply.

#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from Angus624:

New to the club. I'm in the process of shopping my machine right now with LEDs, titan rubbers and a couple of other upgrades. The problem is that the toilet is in bad shape. I am looking for a decent used one, a new one, or a printed one. I contacted everyone that in the topic that said they have printed them, but no reply.

Ask the question in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby

2 weeks later
#1112 3 years ago

Does anyone else have a pin2dmd in their machine? I have the cb3 colorization but saw there is a version from hazurdous. I tried sending a message on vpuniverse but it says he can't get messages. Does anyone have files for his colorization or know how to contact him?

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Does anyone else have a pin2dmd in their machine? I have the cb3 colorization but saw there is a version from hazurdous. I tried sending a message on vpuniverse but it says he can't get messages. Does anyone have files for his colorization or know how to contact him?

I have a few pin2dmd color files im using on my virtual pin. I emailed you what i have, not sure if its what you are looking for or not.

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I have a few pin2dmd color files im using on my virtual pin. I emailed you what i have, not sure if its what you are looking for or not.

Thanks, I'll take a look. The vpin files are posted but I think I'll have to get in contact with the creator to get the files for a physical pin.

3 weeks later
#1115 2 years ago

Just got to Southpark, when I first start a game it automatically thanks that the ball has already been ejected and it says that I missed this skill shot it does not start off by saying hello kids hi chef it starts off by saying kick the baby and the baby has already been kicked any ideas?

Snapchat-1574752826 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1574752826 (resized).jpg
#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from JayKash:

Just got to Southpark, when I first start a game it automatically thanks that the ball has already been ejected and it says that I missed this skill shot it does not start off by saying hello kids hi chef it starts off by saying kick the baby and the baby has already been kicked any ideas?
[quoted image]

Stuck (closed) playfield switch somewhere. Go into the switch test menu and see which switch it is.

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from JayKash:

[quoted image]

I had a similar problem, in my case it was the switch just above the plunger. If the ball in the shooter lane isn't resting on the switch above the plunger and causing it to close, the machine will think you launched the ball. Try turning on diagnostics and "test switch edges" and place the ball at rest in the shooter lane. If the switch above the plunger isn't registering, then that's your problem.

1 week later
#1118 2 years ago

New to the club

Code 1.03

Even on extra easy the shots don’t stay in memory from ball to ball only for Kenny and cartman.

Is there no way to keep the progress on the other shots from ball to ball?

Games on location with very average players so it would be nice to have them carry over from ball to ball.

Searched and couldn’t find an answer

Thanks in advance!

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

New to the club
Code 1.03
Even on extra easy the shots don’t stay in memory from ball to ball only for Kenny and cartman.
Is there no way to keep the progress on the other shots from ball to ball?
Games on location with very average players so it would be nice to have them carry over from ball to ball.
Searched and couldn’t find an answer
Thanks in advance!

Nope, sorry. That's how the game is designed......

2 weeks later
#1120 2 years ago

Just bought my first pin so ive joined the club. Growing up my parents had a Haunted House pinball then later got a creature from the black lagoon, Williams pinch hitter, Corvette and a South Park. My dad sold the creature, haunted house, south park and Corvette for $8000 and is still kicking himself. He really wants the creature back.

I found this pin on Facebook for 3100. Kenny was split in half and I replaced him. Replaced the opto board for the 5th ball. I cleaned up the playfield a little bit with novus 2. It's a great looking machine but not perfect. Other than some broken plastics the only thing that needs to be fixed is the Cartman hole registers twice. Cartman also registers when you get it in Kenny.

I'm just realizing my toilet seat doesnt have the guide on it. I was wondering why I didn't remember the ball falling off the toilet when we had this pin before. Does anyone know where i can get the lid with the guide rail on it?

Also for the person who was having issues with the auto launch. My machine had the same problem and as someone else said it was the switch in the shooter lane.

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from Brh5073:

I'm just realizing my toilet seat doesnt have the guide on it. I was wondering why I didn't remember the ball falling off the toilet when we had this pin before. Does anyone know where i can get the lid with the guide rail on it?

It's foam, black foam like what's under your lockbar, or weather foam from your local hardware store.

3 months later
#1122 2 years ago

Howdy! I could use a bit of help. Kenny shots are also registering as Cartman shots. I'm not sure how to begin troubleshooting...but after lifting up the playfield and looking at Switch 45, I see that one side of the Orange/Green wire is not connected to anything.

2 questions.

1, where does it connect to?
2, how would I go about figuring that out on my own? I'm looking at the manual...but Im a noob with all of this, and nothing jumps out at me.

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-pinball/S/South_Park_OPS.pdf

Thanks in advance

switch45 (resized).jpgswitch45 (resized).jpgswitch451 (resized).jpgswitch451 (resized).jpg
#1123 2 years ago

From the VUK switch maybe?

20210911_131215 (resized).jpg20210911_131215 (resized).jpg
#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

From the VUK switch maybe?
[quoted image]

You saved me! That solved it! Thanks so much!

2 weeks later
#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from Angus624:

Did anyone every get you any additional info on the 3D printed toilet? I downloaded the files and plan on taking them to my library to print. Just curious if you had any luck using the 3D printed toilet.

#1126 2 years ago

So, I've only ever played my friends south park..now I have one, it does not have video mode like his, which I understand was an early rom. But I don't have Mr Mackey mode..mine is Mr. Okay? And a few times on the display in modes it says effect 81, effect 07 ..like something is missing. It appears that I have the latest code though.. 1.03 I think it said..any ideas?

IMG_20210929_155257 (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_155257 (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_155409 (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_155409 (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_160105 (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_160105 (resized).jpg
#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Did anyone every get you any additional info on the 3D printed toilet? I downloaded the files and plan on taking them to my library to print. Just curious if you had any luck using the 3D printed toilet.

It's going on 3 years since I installed the prototype and it's holding up well. The game gets played often and I haven't had any issues with it.
20210929_171045 (resized).jpg20210929_171045 (resized).jpg

#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

So, I've only ever played my friends south park..now I have one, it does not have video mode like his, which I understand was an early rom. But I don't have Mr Mackey mode..mine is Mr. Okay? And a few times on the display in modes it says effect 81, effect 07 ..like something is missing. It appears that I have the latest code though.. 1.03 I think it said..any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check the ROM version on the display board behind the DMD. It probably wasn't upgraded with the CPU ROMS. They need to be upgraded in sets.

1 week later
#1129 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I acquired a new to me South Park pin. Does anyone have the toilet replacement made? I'm looking to get one as mine has taken a beating and will need to be replaced at somepoint.

Also secondly, where have people gotten all the topper pieces for the top besides Cartman? I absolutely want/need to find one as that is a killer mod to me.

Thanks
Conrad

1 week later
#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from Conrad:

Hi everyone,
I acquired a new to me South Park pin. Does anyone have the toilet replacement made? I'm looking to get one as mine has taken a beating and will need to be replaced at somepoint.
Also secondly, where have people gotten all the topper pieces for the top besides Cartman? I absolutely want/need to find one as that is a killer mod to me.
Thanks
Conrad

There is a 3D print file for the toilet you can use, its linked in this thread.

For all the Kids toppers, I found mine on ebay, search South Park 6 inch figure or something like that. i forgot the actually name of them, but thats how i found mine

3 weeks later
#1131 2 years ago

Hi South Park gang. Was going through the basement and found a Fun 4 all brand Kenny figure. I think it is the one used in the game. Is it something I should post in the market place? Wasn't sure if there was still interest in owning a backup one. It is a duller finish then the ones I see sold online now.

1 week later
#1132 2 years ago

Guys I just picked up a South park. Overall very nice shape. Only issue is Kenny is leaning to the right. The springs, coils ,and sleeves all seem fine. Both springs seems equal in resistance. And both coils do work. Anyone else have this issue? I could try replacing the springs I guess.

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

Guys I just picked up a South park. Overall very nice shape. Only issue is Kenny is leaning to the right. The springs, coils ,and sleeves all seem fine. Both springs seems equal in resistance. And both coils do work. Anyone else have this issue? I could try replacing the springs I guess.

Right or wrong my Kenny leaned to his right to and was bumping the ramp with his head. Everything measured out fine and operate correctly for the most part. Except for when he leaned all the way right…he stayed all the way to his right. I was going to start replacing parts after a little cleaning didn’t do enough, but before that I put a small nut, washer, and bolt at the very far left (Kenny’s left) of the swing guide under Kenny and haven’t looked back since. That extra 1/8” stop preventing Kenny from leaning too far and did the trick. Just use a nut, washer, and bolt small enough not to bind up the “normal” movement. Now he works like the Kennys on other South Parks I have played. Again, right or wrong, it worked for me. I can lift the playfield and take a pic of it tomorrow if you like.
I will eventually replace the springs…someday.
3334B200-9BC6-4025-9EB7-6D62A3AF3C14 (resized).jpeg3334B200-9BC6-4025-9EB7-6D62A3AF3C14 (resized).jpeg

#1134 2 years ago

I’ll give it a try. That’s exactly what mine is doing. I pulled the springs and they are the same height and seem to have take the same pressure to compress.

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

I’ll give it a try. That’s exactly what mine is doing. I pulled the springs and they are the same height and seem to have take the same pressure to compress.

If Kenny was a flipper instead of a bash toy i would have said right off the bat check the coil sleeves. One might be bound up. Crap I should have thought of that earlier…time to grab the manual and see if I have any coil sleeves that are the correct size.

1 week later
#1136 2 years ago

Hey all I’m working on a South Park and the inside of the toilet is in pretty bad shape. Is anyone remaking these now? Anyone have a NOS they want to part with?

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

Hey all I’m working on a South Park and the inside of the toilet is in pretty bad shape. Is anyone remaking these now? Anyone have a NOS they want to part with?

I have not seen a NOS up for sale. So, I had my Library 3D print me a replacement. I think they charged me 15.00…I am waiting for the day that mine gets too beat up. The Thingverse files look pretty good, but the side walls are a touch thin. I guess the sides don’t see much action. Here are pics of my backup it you are curious. You can also look at the .stl file if you download them. There are actually several interesting South Park pinball files available. The toilet being the jewel.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3604089

0B331419-67C9-45D2-A979-D8D6DFFF3309 (resized).jpeg0B331419-67C9-45D2-A979-D8D6DFFF3309 (resized).jpeg219FBCEE-C373-40AC-98C7-DB65CEBE69C7 (resized).jpeg219FBCEE-C373-40AC-98C7-DB65CEBE69C7 (resized).jpeg560EB9BD-4C28-46E0-8C18-BD54EAA61BBA (resized).jpeg560EB9BD-4C28-46E0-8C18-BD54EAA61BBA (resized).jpeg5FD260BD-2E56-4BCC-8266-A32D3AE4F35E (resized).jpeg5FD260BD-2E56-4BCC-8266-A32D3AE4F35E (resized).jpegE33509AE-8D58-484B-B6E0-7C39CBF08F95 (resized).jpegE33509AE-8D58-484B-B6E0-7C39CBF08F95 (resized).jpeg
#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I have not seen a NOS up for sale. So, I had my Library 3D print me a replacement. I think they charged me 15.00…I am waiting for the day that mine gets too beat up. The Thingverse files look pretty good, but the side walls are a touch thin. I guess the sides don’t see much action. Here are pics of my backup it you are curious. You can also look at the .stl file if you download them. There are actually several interesting South Park pinball files available. The toilet being the jewel.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3604089[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome. I don’t think my library has that kind of capability. But I know some guys that might. Thanks for the pictures and information l.

#1139 2 years ago

Hey all just joined the party! Just got my profanity ROMs today . Have not played the game much at all just tearing it apart and putting it back together again at the moment. Just found this rogue wire. Anyone know where it goes?

16384064186901533149252777086440 (resized).jpg16384064186901533149252777086440 (resized).jpg
#1140 2 years ago

And also found these but guessing they were not used?

1638406746850167366590883542382 (resized).jpg1638406746850167366590883542382 (resized).jpg16384067637517717448582858050567 (resized).jpg16384067637517717448582858050567 (resized).jpg
#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

And also found these but guessing they were not used?
[quoted image][quoted image]

These are for UK only.

#1142 2 years ago

Hey all just joined the party! Just got my profanity ROMs today . Have not played the game much at all just tearing it apart and putting it back together again at the moment. Just found this rogue wire. Anyone know where it goes?[quoted image]

No idea on this one. Mine doesn't have it. It looks violet/blue so that would be UK only also but it's strange that it looks like it was soldered on someplace.

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

No idea on this one. Mine doesn't have it. It looks violet/blue so that would be UK only also but it's strange that it looks like it was soldered on someplace.

Right on thank you. It does look like it came from somewhere since the end is stripped but I don't think there's any solder on it but who knows lol. I will disregard them all if everything is working perfectly.

#1144 2 years ago

Has anybody rebuilt the Kenny mech? I have three nylon washers on one pivot point and only one on the other so the two halves are not horizontal to each other. I'm going to attempt to post a link to a video I just posted on Facebook pinball repair help group but not sure if it will work but I did attach a few photos as well. The manual does not seem to mention the nylon washers at all. They could probably be called spacers alternately.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/609432482409545/permalink/5024097040943045/

20211202_172644 (resized).jpg20211202_172644 (resized).jpg20211202_172648 (resized).jpg20211202_172648 (resized).jpg20211202_172657 (resized).jpg20211202_172657 (resized).jpg20211202_172703 (resized).jpg20211202_172703 (resized).jpg
#1145 2 years ago

Im after some help.

I have been rebuilding my South Park for the last two years

Its almost done but im having an issue with Kenny and the springs

The manual says its takes two 266-5034-06

However no one on earth has these springs

My Kenny had different springs in it.

Has anyone found a replacement spring?

I have tried a few but none are right.

#1146 2 years ago

Has anybody rebuilt the Kenny mech? I have three nylon washers on one pivot point and only one on the other so the two halves are not horizontal to each other. I'm going to attempt to post a link to a video I just posted on Facebook pinball repair help group but not sure if it will work but I did attach a few photos as well. The manual does not seem to mention the nylon washers at all. They could probably be called spacers alternately.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/609432482409545/permalink/5024097040943045/
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi mine has two on it. PS Love your videos

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Hi mine has two on it. PS Love your videos

Thanks man! Very much appreciated! Yours has 2 nylon washers on the smaller post or the bigger post? Thanks for the reply!

#1148 2 years ago

Thanks man! Very much appreciated! Yours has 2 nylon washers on the smaller post or the bigger post? Thanks for the reply!

To make things interesting…mine has one nylon washer on both posts. It’s a later Stern build. So yeah. Here is a pic…sorry it’s not better.

1123C7FD-33F9-4DFF-857D-3F7037878C9B (resized).jpeg1123C7FD-33F9-4DFF-857D-3F7037878C9B (resized).jpeg
#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

To make things interesting…mine has one nylon washer on both posts. It’s a later Stern build. So yeah. Here is a pic…sorry it’s not better. [quoted image]

Oh thanks so much, that is very interesting! Thanks for the pic. I wonder why the change/difference? Did your Kenny move back and forth and work ok?

Anyone else work on their Kenny mech and know number of washers?

#1150 2 years ago

Not yet but following. I am working on a South Park. Kenny dose not move to the right like he moves to the left. The mech seems free enough and the coil to the right is firing. But he kinds just wiggles. The opto is broken in front of him so I have ordered a new set. I saw somewhere the sold protectors for them. Hope they still have them. Once the opto gets here I’ll pull Kenny out and see ho many mine has when I rebuild it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/23?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.