image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.
#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from Melly:

Hi im joining the club got my south park a few months ago but i just noticed that my machine is missing the 2 flashers does anyone know where i can buy the parts for that? Also im looking for some plastik parts both kenny parts the big one whit the agent poeple on it and the right lane with the cows[quoted image]

Marco specialties looks to have some of them in stock. I would look through the manual to get all of the parts and hardware numbers.

Good luck with the plastic. I couldn't find either and settled on cutting and shaping a clear piece of acrylic. You wont know it is missing unless you stare at it.

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Marco specialties looks to have some of them in stock. I would look through the manual to get all of the parts and hardware numbers.
Good luck with the plastic. I couldn't find either and settled on cutting and shaping a clear piece of acrylic. You wont know it is missing unless you stare at it.

Can you send me a link to the parts marco has? Would appreciate it i unfortunately don't have the manual and can't find the parts thanks for your reply and sorry for bad English im from germany

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from Melly:

Can you send me a link to the parts marco has? Would appreciate it i unfortunately don't have the manual and can't find the parts thanks for your reply and sorry for bad English im from germany

https://www.marcospecialties.com/

Manual:

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=south+park&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#1054 3 years ago

Does the Cartman wire habitrail ever come up for sale? Mine has a broken lug above the right sling. Not a game breaker.

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Does the Cartman wire habitrail ever come up for sale? Mine has a broken lug above the right sling. Not a game breaker.

I think its like $100 on Marco. My was broken there too, I had my uncle just weld it back on.

2 weeks later
#1056 3 years ago

So I am having an interesting issue and I am hoping its an easy fix. When hitting the kenny shot, the kenny shot registers but as it is going in the subway it also registers the cartman shot. This makes the game super easy as the easiest shot to make is kenny and you get double credit for that. It makes completing the Cartman shot really easy.

Any idea whats going on?

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

So I am having an interesting issue and I am hoping its an easy fix. When hitting the kenny shot, the kenny shot registers but as it is going in the subway it also registers the cartman shot. This makes the game super easy as the easiest shot to make is kenny and you get double credit for that. It makes completing the Cartman shot really easy.
Any idea whats going on?

Check the sensors for Kenny shot. They get dirty easily.

#1058 3 years ago

Also I think there is a switch in the subway, switch 44. If it doesn't trigger it will think you shot a ball into Cartman.

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Any idea whats going on?

I had the same issue, but for me, it would hang in the VUK for a minute before shooting up, but it would register a cartman shot if i hit kenny or a double cartman shot if i shot Cartman. I replaced the VUK Y-switch and i havent noticed it since.

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I had the same issue, but for me, it would hang in the VUK for a minute before shooting up, but it would register a cartman shot if i hit kenny or a double cartman shot if i shot Cartman. I replaced the VUK Y-switch and i havent noticed it since.

Me too. I was able to fix it by realigning the switch. It had moved off to the side..

#1061 3 years ago

Hi,

Im just finishing off my complete rebuild of South Park but hit a slight issue. Kenny wasnt moving left and right correctly due to have the incorrect plunger links and springs. I have found the correct links but the springs only one place in the world has them in stock

The part number is Spring Comp .045 266-5034-06

Macros does not have in stock. Does anyone know a spring that would be close to that one?

#1063 3 years ago

Thanks but they want $5 a spring and then 20 to post to australia and then by the time i convert it to Australian dollars its $50 AUD for two springs inc postage

I contacted Marcos and they found a spring that will work for .89 cents.

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Me too. I was able to fix it by realigning the switch. It had moved off to the side..

I wanted to update everyone on what my issue was. After examining the subway closer it looks like a wire broke loose from the switch near cartman underneath the subway. From what i can tell this was causing both switches to fire as the ball comes through the subway. I soldered the wire back on and all is golden. I can get a pic if anyone needs it for future reference if they have the same issue.

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

I wanted to update everyone on what my issue was. After examining the subway closer it looks like a wire broke loose from the switch near cartman underneath the subway. From what i can tell this was causing both switches to fire as the ball comes through the subway. I soldered the wire back on and all is golden. I can get a pic if anyone needs it for future reference if they have the same issue.

Job well done. .....its amazing how wiring can be a pain to figure out

#1066 3 years ago

Is there an easy solution to Kenny stuck ball? Seems like his arms keep catching balls against the plastic and arm. I am wondering what solutions we have come up with?

#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Is there an easy solution to Kenny stuck ball? Seems like his arms keep catching balls against the plastic and arm. I am wondering what solutions we have come up with?

Wait for ball search, they shake Kenny during that... I have seen a few added plastic hacks to try and stop it, but usually it’s worn links in the Kenny mech limiting travel that causes balls to stay stuck. Rebuilding Kenny mech with new links and springs and sleeves can help with this. I have also seen missing Kenny plastics cause ball hangs as well.

#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Wait for ball search, they shake Kenny during that... I have seen a few added plastic hacks to try and stop it, but usually it’s worn links in the Kenny mech limiting travel that causes balls to stay stuck. Rebuilding Kenny mech with new links and springs and sleeves can help with this. I have also seen missing Kenny plastics cause ball hangs as well.

Do you have the wires (they call them trap springs) installed? That helps. Page 53 in the manual 265-5051-00. Unfortunately they aren't too sturdy....

#1069 3 years ago

how many of you have the post installed between the flippers? that was the first thing i did when i got mine because it was in the bag inside of the machine, and I am terrible haha

#1070 3 years ago

how many of you have the post installed between the flippers? that was the first thing i did when i got mine because it was in the bag inside of the machine, and I am terrible haha

Actually, the center post is not to make it easier on poor players, but make it harder for experienced players. The center post prevents bang backs off the left apron wall when the ball drains out the right outlane. and vice versa on left outlane, however left outlane bang backs are way harder. Once you get a wizard playing your machines on site, an operator's only defense was tightening the tilt and installing the center post to bring average ball times back down. I have seen several wizards (including my friend Rick Stetta) play all day banging the ball back into play, and some of them do it so effortlessly that it can make an operator weep.

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Actually, the center post is not to make it easier on poor players, but make it harder for experienced players. The center post prevents bang backs off the left apron wall when the ball drains out the right outlane. and vice versa on left outlane, however left outlane bang backs are way harder. Once you get a wizard playing your machines on site, an operator's only defense was tightening the tilt and installing the center post to bring average ball times back down. I have seen several wizards (including my friend Rick Stetta) play all day banging the ball back into play, and some of them do it so effortlessly that it can make an operator weep.

Very interesting, never though about that, i rarely slam the machine or even nudge haha. I have a lot to learn in play. Right before covid i was going to join a local pinball league so i could learn watching others play. But sadly that didnt happen.

#1073 3 years ago

Very interesting, never though about that, i rarely slam the machine or even nudge haha. I have a lot to learn in play. Right before covid i was going to join a local pinball league so i could learn watching others play. But sadly that didnt happen.

If you search YouTube there are videos in slow motion on balls hitting apron and other tricks

I'm not a person that nudges or slams a pin.

2 weeks later
#1074 3 years ago

I am working on my 3dprinter and upgrading my main board.

Is anyone in need of a new toilet?

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

I am working on my 3dprinter and upgrading my main board.
Is anyone in need of a new toilet?

hmmm, depending on price I may be. Mine is ok, but is fairly scratched and dirty. So I'm debating fixing/cleaning vs buying new.
If you come up with a price, I wouldn't mind hearing it.

#1076 3 years ago

Hey folks. I recently picked up a South Park pin in trade, and am currently performing my first ever playfield swap on it.
One question I have as I continue to transfer things over topside, is what is the function of the below circled metal guides. Are they to stop the ball from hoping over the outlane rails after coming out of the ramp and wire form? or are they not really needed?

south (resized).jpgsouth (resized).jpg

Also, here's a link to my playfield swap in case anyone wants to follow along or offer advice:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-south-park-playfield-swap-by-a-noob-with-lots-of-questions

Thanks!

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

or are they not really needed?

They are needed, otherwise the ball hops into the outlanes after falling from upper ramp on left or being popped from Cartman VUK into right inlane.

#1078 3 years ago

Hey folks. I recently picked up a South Park pin in trade, and am currently performing my first ever playfield swap on it.
One question I have as I continue to transfer things over topside, is what is the function of the below circled metal guides. Are they to stop the ball from hoping over the outlane rails after coming out of the ramp and wire form? or are they not really needed?
[quoted image]
Also, here's a link to my playfield swap in case anyone wants to follow along or offer advice:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-south-park-playfield-swap-by-a-noob-with-lots-of-questions
Thanks!

Yes very well needed if not goes too the outlines

#1079 3 years ago

I was thinking that’s what they are there for, thanks for confirming everyone. I appreciate it!

#1080 3 years ago

my game sometimes hops over the plastics and down the drain when it comes out of the cartman vuk

#1081 3 years ago

I was thinking that’s what they are there for, thanks for confirming everyone. I appreciate it!

Yes with out them the balls would drain all the time

#1082 3 years ago

Could someone please take some under playfield pics of the two springs that control Kenny left to right movements. Mines not working right and im trying to work out if its the springs.

#1083 3 years ago
20201127_163052 (resized).jpg20201127_163052 (resized).jpg20201127_163103 (resized).jpg20201127_163103 (resized).jpg20201127_163112 (resized).jpg20201127_163112 (resized).jpg
#1084 3 years ago

What angle/direction are your ball catch saver springs by Kenny?

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What angle is the springs?

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Screws into posts in front and just to the left and right of Kenny. Points toward the back.

#1087 3 years ago

My game has gone crazy. I press start and it begins popping 2 balls into the plunger lane and then continuously throwing balls up into the game. Any one see this before? any suggestions?

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from IrishPat:

My game has gone crazy. I press start and it begins popping 2 balls into the plunger lane and then continuously throwing balls up into the game. Any one see this before? any suggestions?

Check the optic board on the ball through. Might have gone bad (solder joint, LED). I think you can see this in the switch test menu.

#1089 3 years ago

Check the optic board on the ball through. Might have gone bad (solder joint, LED). I think you can see this in the switch test menu.

#1090 3 years ago

Swapped out the receiver optic board and all returned to normal, for now. I love this game but it seems like every time I relax,,, Thanks for the tip,

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from IrishPat:

Swapped out the receiver optic board and all returned to normal, for now. I love this game but it seems like every time I relax,,, Thanks for the tip,

It's like that with every older machine. Trust me...............

#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Thank you so much

Your welcome. If you need more let me know

#1094 3 years ago

Hey folks. I’m currently working on swapping the underside of my old South Park playfield towards my new one, and ran into a question. For the coil plunger in the ball trough, does it have something on the end of the rod? Mine looks like it may have at one point, but is pretty much worn off now.
Here’s a few pics:

3E22C6EC-EF67-4796-9C59-EBFEE8ECE754 (resized).jpeg3E22C6EC-EF67-4796-9C59-EBFEE8ECE754 (resized).jpeg

E397FC10-EF33-48AF-BA7C-C51C563BB8C8 (resized).jpegE397FC10-EF33-48AF-BA7C-C51C563BB8C8 (resized).jpeg

#1095 3 years ago

Hey folks. I’m currently working on swapping the underside of my old South Park playfield towards my new one, and ran into a question. For the coil plunger in the ball trough, does it have something on the end of the rod? Mine looks like it may have at one point, but is pretty much worn off now.
Here’s a few pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yours does look broken but the correct part is flat. Is the part that contacts the ball plastic on yours? I'd file it flat and leave it for now unless you have a parts order going already.

515-5941-01
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-plunger-with-nylon-extension.html

#1096 3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response.
The top part is a hard plastic, so I’ll likely take your advice and just file it flat and leave it for now. I’ll likely have to put a parts order through in a few weeks, so I’ll add that one to my list.
Thanks again!

#1097 3 years ago

As I move through my playfield swap, I ran into a few more questions I had. I thought I’d post here and see if anyone might know the answers. Thanks in advance!

I ran into some wires that didn’t lead anywhere, and were ziptied up into the wire harness. Did these come from the factory like this? And if not, does anyone recognize what they might be for? They’re close to the front of the playfield.

8F092FE3-6006-4DD4-AFE4-E70C3BD395E1 (resized).jpeg8F092FE3-6006-4DD4-AFE4-E70C3BD395E1 (resized).jpeg

Second question. This is the mech that feeds the ball out of the subway and into the wire form that feeds the right flipper. On mine, it had two screws holding the front, one screw on the outside, but nothing in the hole my finger is pointing to. Should there be something there?

6CDC6A32-4303-44F7-B0B3-75A8EF6DD985 (resized).jpeg6CDC6A32-4303-44F7-B0B3-75A8EF6DD985 (resized).jpeg

#1098 3 years ago

As I move through my playfield swap, I ran into a few more questions I had. I thought I’d post here and see if anyone might know the answers. Thanks in advance!
I ran into some wires that didn’t lead anywhere, and were ziptied up into the wire harness. Did these come from the factory like this? And if not, does anyone recognize what they might be for? They’re close to the front of the playfield.
[quoted image]
Second question. This is the mech that feeds the ball out of the subway and into the wire form that feeds the right flipper. On mine, it had two screws holding the front, one screw on the outside, but nothing in the hole my finger is pointing to. Should there be something there?
[quoted image]

My playfield has the same hanging wires. They might be for the UK only center drain post.
20201207_232157 (resized).jpg20201207_232157 (resized).jpg

That open hole looks like it has a screw coming down through the playfield with a locknut.
20201207_232515 (resized).jpg20201207_232515 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1099 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

My playfield has the same hanging wires. They might be for the UK only center drain post.
[quoted image]
That open hole looks like it has a screw coming down through the playfield with a locknut.
[quoted image]

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.

Another question for the club. Has anyone here put lollipop rails on their South Park? I bought a pair of stern lollipop rails. I think I’ll put them in my xmen pin, but they do look like they would fit on South Park with a bit of shortening in length. Has anyone here done this?

#1100 3 years ago

Not to be annoying with so many questions, but I’m rebuilding my playfield, and I have some small thin clear plastic washers. Can anyone tell me where these go? They were off the pin before I got it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/22?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.