Topic Stats

• 1,041 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by gwarrior
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 259 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D627A846-4F61-4D5D-A7B5-F857125499BC (resized).jpeg
20200615_165907 (resized).jpg
20200615_165644 (resized).jpg
20200615_165659 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 3.30.00 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 3.29.04 PM (resized).png
IMG_0082 2 (resized).jpg
20200613_212711 (resized).jpg
20200613_212237 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
CartmanHeadResized.png
E735CE63-B5B4-4D71-BBE5-7330714E0600 (resized).png
E9D39B64-D26A-44C5-8EFC-E92822635252 (resized).jpeg
20200530_181752 (resized).jpg
20200530_164958 (resized).jpg
20200530_181750 (resized).jpg

There are 1041 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
#1001 44 days ago

looks like i need to get the drill ready and find the parts! lol i hate that damn right outlane in particular.

#1002 44 days ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

looks like i need to get the drill ready and find the parts! lol i hate that damn right outlane in particular.

Just remove this rail and post and give yourself a chance at a save.
sprail (resized).jpg

#1003 44 days ago

It's too bad there isn't a spot on the playfield to add this in. I'd drill the cabinet pretty quick (they are all crappy anyway) but drilling the playfield is a totally different thing.

#1004 44 days ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Just remove this rail and post and give yourself a chance at a save.
[quoted image]

like TSPP? lol

#1005 44 days ago

How smooth does the ball come down out the wireform from the cartman VUK? Mine goes side to side majority of the time and sometimes even jumps out of the inlane and down the drain. It kills smooth gameplay for me, so i need to fix it. The tab that connects it to the slingshot screw was broken and I had my uncle weld it back on. It looks like its on correctly, but maybe the angle is off or something?

#1006 41 days ago

How smooth does the ball come down out the wireform from the cartman VUK? Mine goes side to side majority of the time and sometimes even jumps out of the inlane and down the drain. It kills smooth gameplay for me, so i need to fix it. The tab that connects it to the slingshot screw was broken and I had my uncle weld it back on. It looks like its on correctly, but maybe the angle is off or something?

Mine is pretty smooth, never any behavior like that. I think you are correct that angle may be off a bit. Can you bend it without breaking or maybe toss balls into Cartman while pressing it various directions to see which way it needs to bend?

#1007 41 days ago

Found another sweet mod to do today.
Green trees with snow caps.

Replaced all the clear numbers with green then topped with white rubber rings to blend in with the snowy trees of the surrounding artwork. May have to throw a spotlight on them.

20200530_164958 (resized).jpg20200530_181750 (resized).jpg20200530_181750 (resized).jpg20200530_181752 (resized).jpg
#1008 41 days ago

I did that to mine also. It is a wonderful subtle change. With LEDs on the playfield the green shows up nicely.

#1009 41 days ago

Nice! I'll have to try this. Do you have to remove the ramp to do it?

#1010 40 days ago
Quoted from mooshue:

Found another sweet mod to do today.
Green trees with snow caps.
Replaced all the clear numbers with green then topped with white rubber rings to blend in with the snowy trees of the surrounding artwork. May have to throw a spotlight on them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yea man! That was the first thing I thought about doing when i got my machine, since I did that, ive noticed a bunch more machines with the green posts and white rubbers now lol. Even on some random eBay listings ive seen it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/9#post-4296077

I still need to get the snowy pinblades though so it pops out better. Pinblades, new cabinet art, and a colorDMD and i think ill be done with my SP lol

#1011 40 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Nice! I'll have to try this. Do you have to remove the ramp to do it?

yea, otherwise you will lose the nut on the bottom hold the post in place.

#1012 39 days ago

yea man! That was the first thing I thought about doing when i got my machine, since I did that, ive noticed a bunch more machines with the green posts and white rubbers now lol. Even on some random eBay listings ive seen it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/9#post-4296077
I still need to get the snowy pinblades though so it pops out better. Pinblades, new cabinet art, and a colorDMD and i think ill be done with my SP lol

I went with Mirrored blades and really like how it turned out. Saw them on machines at the portland retro expo last year and snagged a set from a local Vendor. Really sucks to put it all back together only to find you have fingerprints on the mirrors

I think the last mod besides light up my toppers is under cab LEDs. I have a bunch of strips and controllers arriving for other projects and should have enough left over to put a nice rgb set under. The character mods look really sweet but I'm afraid of overcrowding the playfield.

#1013 38 days ago
Quoted from mooshue:

I went with Mirrored blades and really like how it turned out. Saw them on machines at the portland retro expo last year and snagged a set from a local Vendor. Really sucks to put it all back together only to find you have fingerprints on the mirrors
I think the last mod besides light up my toppers is under cab LEDs. I have a bunch of strips and controllers arriving for other projects and should have enough left over to put a nice rgb set under. The character mods look really sweet but I'm afraid of overcrowding the playfield.

I must say another mod that is a must for this table is stadium lighting. I did my own, and it’s pretty awesome, I still need to wire it into the GI though.

E9D39B64-D26A-44C5-8EFC-E92822635252 (resized).jpeg
#1014 38 days ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Who's Mr. Hankey needs a new arm? Pm me your address and I can mail you one(Con US only, I was planning to just stick them in a first class envelope).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Added 11 months ago: Hope everyone's arm makes it safely so Mr. Hankey can wave a "Howdy Ho".

Did you 3D print these and do you plan to run these again? If not and you have the 3D print model would you be willing to share so those of us with printers can print our own?

#1015 38 days ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

Did you 3D print these and do you plan to run these again? If not and you have the 3D print model would you be willing to share so those of us with printers can print our own?

Here you go.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4421889

#1016 38 days ago

Thank You so much! I did a prior search and didn't come up with anything besides the toilet, thanks again!

#1017 36 days ago

Hello! I just joined the club last Saturday and I’ve made a major mistake: I tried to remove some bad Mylar from the pop bumpers. I had a playfield that was in great shape. Now, Cartman is missing half of his face.

I’m not an artist by any stretch, but I figured it’s a half circle, dot, 4 short curved lines and some color matching. I planned on acrylic paint and using an eye dropper to level Minwax polycrylic with the playfield. Then, I’m reapplying new Mylar protectors in front of the bumpers.

I am terrified! I’ve never done anything like this before; do you have any advice to help me fix my mess?

E735CE63-B5B4-4D71-BBE5-7330714E0600 (resized).png
#1018 36 days ago
Quoted from mcaseyo:

Hello! I just joined the club last Saturday and I’ve made a major mistake: I tried to remove some bad Mylar from the pop bumpers. I had a playfield that was in great shape. Now, Cartman is missing half of his face.
I’m not an artist by any stretch, but I figured it’s a half circle, dot, 4 short curved lines and some color matching. I planned on acrylic paint and using an eye dropper to level Minwax polycrylic with the playfield. Then, I’m reapplying new Mylar protectors in front of the bumpers.
I am terrified! I’ve never done anything like this before; do you have any advice to help me fix my mess?
[quoted image]

I think making a waterslide decal is probably your best bet to match in this situation considering the artwork damage is on an insert.

#1019 36 days ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

I think making a waterslide decal is probably your best bet to match in this situation considering the artwork damage is on an insert.

Thank you for the quick response! I haven’t been able to find waterslide decals for this insert. Do you, or anybody else here have a good scan of Cartman’s face? Also, is there anybody on Pinside that creates the slides? I’ve looked locally, but would love to support whoever here offers the service.

#1020 35 days ago
Quoted from mcaseyo:

Thank you for the quick response! I haven’t been able to find waterslide decals for this insert. Do you, or anybody else here have a good scan of Cartman’s face? Also, is there anybody on Pinside that creates the slides? I’ve looked locally, but would love to support whoever here offers the service.

I’m a hand paint kinda guy and have never messed with water slides but many have and the results are very nice. If I had this same issue with my SP I’d definitely go that route particularly on a lighted insert. The only question would be should you do the missing part or the entire insert.......

#1021 35 days ago

I would have it printed as a clear car decal, https://www.vistaprint.com/signs-posters/car-door-decals. The uv inks they use let you print white which is hard to do when printing water slides at home. I had a whole playfield overlay printed on the 3m car material and it's nice to work with. I took a closeup photo and did some quick cleanup, it probably needs to be resized to get it correct. The image should be 2.725x2.41in. No matter what you put down to fix it you are going to have to cover the area with mylar or find a playfield protector. Good luck.

CartmanHeadResized.png

#1022 34 days ago

I've owned my South Park for 7 months...finally made it to volcano mode for the first time today. Yay!

image0 (resized).jpeg
#1023 33 days ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

I've owned my South Park for 7 months...finally made it to volcano mode for the first time today. Yay![quoted image]

nice! ive had mine for over 2 years now, and ive only hit spooky vision once i have so many issues hitting Stan's shot. The ball either wont go up the orbit smoothly and come back down, or it wont register as Stan everytime, and it will register as Chef. I guess its flying over the switch or the switch is bad.

#1024 27 days ago

I bought a new coin door for South Park, but the connections look different. How do I connect these?

Images are uploading sideways despite being correct on my phone...

20200613_212237 (resized).jpg

20200613_212711 (resized).jpg
#1025 27 days ago

Can you take some photos that are not zoomed in?

#1026 27 days ago

I checked out the schematic and took some pictures of my coin door. Looks like White/Yellow is your right coin slot. White/Blue is your left coin slot. White/Green is your NC. Both of my NO's are soldered on and have a resistor connecting them to CON, but there's also a bill acceptor on mine; I couldn't tell if yours had the same.

IMG_0082 2 (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-06-14 at 3.29.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-06-14 at 3.30.00 PM (resized).png
#1027 26 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Can you take some photos that are not zoomed in?

Does this work?

20200615_165644 (resized).jpg20200615_165659 (resized).jpg
#1028 26 days ago
Quoted from mcaseyo:

I checked out the schematic and took some pictures of my coin door. Looks like White/Yellow is your right coin slot. White/Blue is your left coin slot. White/Green is your NC. Both of my NO's are soldered on and have a resistor connecting them to CON, but there's also a bill acceptor on mine; I couldn't tell if yours had the same.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine looks the same as yours. I think

20200615_165907 (resized).jpg
#1029 23 days ago

I have to post because this game has been INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING over the past 2 years since i bought it.

BUT I FINALLY MADE SPOOKY VISION! First time was on Monday I think. I finally got my rhythm down for hitting Stan's shot. IDK why but the ball always has issues there, will go side to side and not make it all the way a lot. Anyway, since Monday Ive hit it 3 times now.

My wife also started playing, which she hasnt touched the machine since i bought it, and wanted to know how she could get a high score. My highest was like 301M which was good for like 8th on the default settings. She suggested I remove the default scores so all the scores are ours or our company. Idk why i didnt do that before...so I set all the default HS starting from 11M going down (dont set them all as Zero. it will break the HS system.)

Anyway, I hit 331,058,920 today and I had 4 modes completed. HERE I COME VOLCANO!

EDIT: Apparently ive posted in the past that I hit Spooky Vision once before. I dont remember that actually haha. Well even so, im playing better now! haha

#1030 22 days ago

Getting to and finishing Volcano is a challenge. I had my SP several years before I finally got it, and then wound up completing it twice in the same week! It takes practice to master all of the shots. Stick with it; you'll get there!

#1031 22 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Getting to and finishing Volcano is a challenge. I had my SP several years before I finally got it, and then wound up completing it twice in the same week! It takes practice to master all of the shots. Stick with it; you'll get there!

its so frustrating haha. Im by no means a good pinball player, i really enjoy it though. Making it to spooky vision is good enough for me at this point, but i have been played a lot more since being stuck in the house since March, so definitely getting better. Thanks for the encouragement! lol

1 week later
#1032 12 days ago

Where does your ball shooter hit the ball? I can get mine centered in the middle of the ball, but it’s at the top, which I assume is putting top spin on the ball at launch. Adjusting the shooter won’t fix it. Maybe it’s just too much shooter lane wear? I feel like my tspp is the same. Someone suggested bending the tabs Holding the play field. Suggestions? Thoughts? Anyone else? Lol

D627A846-4F61-4D5D-A7B5-F857125499BC (resized).jpeg
#1033 11 days ago

Where does your ball shooter hit the ball? I can get mine centered in the middle of the ball, but it’s at the top, which I assume is putting top spin on the ball at launch. Adjusting the shooter won’t fix it. Maybe it’s just too much shooter lane wear? I feel like my tspp is the same. Someone suggested bending the tabs Holding the play field. Suggestions? Thoughts? Anyone else? Lol[quoted image]

I made a shim and put it on the bottom under the the shooter assembly on the outside of the cabinet. That lowered the plunger.

#1034 11 days ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

I made a shim and put it on the bottom under the the shooter assembly on the outside of the cabinet. That lowered the plunger.

Can you share a photo?

#1035 10 days ago

Can you share a photo?

It's underneath the shooter assembly so you can't see it. Maybe I can explain. I used cardboard to cut a piece in a |_| shape that would fit between the cabinet and assembly. Loosen the assembly from the inside of the cabinet so you can slide it in from the bottom. Retighten. Plunger should now be lower. If it is not enough, cut another piece or use thicker material.

Good luck.....

#1036 9 days ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

It's underneath the shooter assembly so you can't see it. Maybe I can explain. I used cardboard to cut a piece in a |_| shape that would fit between the cabinet and assembly. Loosen the assembly from the inside of the cabinet so you can slide it in from the bottom. Retighten. Plunger should now be lower. If it is not enough, cut another piece or use thicker material.
Good luck.....

Gotcha! Ill have to give it a try and see if it helps. Thanks!

#1037 6 days ago

Anyone else have an issue where sometimes hitting Kenny will also give you a Cartman hit? I thought my VUK switch was the problem, but it still seems to be randomly giving me a Kenny, sitting for a minute in the VUK then gives me a cart man and then shoots it out. I’m lost on what the issue is.

#1038 6 days ago

Anyone else have an issue where sometimes hitting Kenny will also give you a Cartman hit? I thought my VUK switch was the problem, but it still seems to be randomly giving me a Kenny, sitting for a minute in the VUK then gives me a cart man and then shoots it out. I’m lost on what the issue is.

I had that issue. I found that one of the wires to the coil was almost off, holding on by one strand. I resoldered it and problem solved.
Hopefully it is the same for yours.

#1039 6 days ago

I no longer own SP, but I seem to remember a similar issue. You might want to check the switch midway on the tunnel leading from Kenny to Cartman's VUK. I think after hitting the Kenny shot, that switch needs to be thrown so that Cartman doesn't register. Your problem may lie there.

#1040 6 days ago

The roll over switches in the subway seem to work fine. I think it might be the VUK switch getting caught on the bracket or something so it’s holding itself down. It’s a brand new switch but it seems like it doesn’t quite fit like the old one.

Also on switch test it seems to delay a bit compared to other switches. Is this normal for this switch?

#1041 5 days ago

The roll over switches in the subway seem to work fine. I think it might be the VUK switch getting caught on the bracket or something so it’s holding itself down. It’s a brand new switch but it seems like it doesn’t quite fit like the old one.
Also on switch test it seems to delay a bit compared to other switches. Is this normal for this switch?

This may not be your issue, but when testing the subway switch, be sure to use a ball rolling over the switch in the subway, not just manually activating the switch with your finger in switch test mode. I had thought my subway switch was working based on manual testing, but came to discover that it failed to register when the ball was rolling over it. I bent the wire form on the switch a little bit, and this solved the problem. Now, my Kenny hole no longer scores a Cartman.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hernando, MS
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 1041 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside