image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 33.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

The playfield is really clean. I haven't inspected the inserts from underneath. I can see the lights in the eyes flashing but don't see them solid when you complete the mode. I have watched quite a few videos and I can't actually see the faces light up on any of them when a character is completed. I am confused as to how are you to know which one is done.

The faces will blink if you activated the characters mode, and if you did not finish it. If you finish the mode, the faces will stay solid. I havent ran into not being able to see them when solid. Sorry . Maybe try using the lamp test to see if all bulbs are working? Or flip the playfield up and tap the switches to complete the mode and make sure the lights are coming on.

#952 4 years ago

Joined the club a few days ago and still fixing a few issues im having. Opto issues with kenny seems like an ongoing thing but the one i cant seem to figure out is my right flipper is going higher than the left. Both are aligned the same but when i press the flipper buttons in the right extends further up than the left. Flipper rebuild? They both seem to work properly. Anyone have this issue or know where i should look? Thanks in advance

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Joined the club a few days ago and still fixing a few issues im having. Opto issues with kenny seems like an ongoing thing but the one i cant seem to figure out is my right flipper is going higher than the left. Both are aligned the same but when i press the flipper buttons in the right extends further up than the left. Flipper rebuild? They both seem to work properly. Anyone have this issue or know where i should look? Thanks in advance

Check the coil stops and plungers. If the right is more worn it will have more travel and end higher. Probably just need a flipper rebuild.

1 week later
#954 4 years ago

Other than Cliffy, what does everyone use to protect the wood slope in front of Kenny? A clear coat of some kind? I've been told by others that having a Cliffy on both the front and back of the Kenny hole leads to too many rejects and I'd rather not go that route. Also difficulty in install...

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

what does everyone use to protect the wood slope in front of Kenny?

Hope, mostly...

#956 4 years ago

Other than Cliffy, what does everyone use to protect the wood slope in front of Kenny? A clear coat of some kind? I've been told by others that having a Cliffy on both the front and back of the Kenny hole leads to too many rejects and I'd rather not go that route. Also difficulty in install...

Polyurethane. A couple of coats every year or so. Mine wasn't chewed up so I didn't have to try to repair it.

#957 4 years ago

Mine is terrible. I ended up making a cushion out of blue duct tape where it was destroyed. Its a little ghetto sure, but the dark blue duct tape kinda matches the PF. Hoping for an insert solution like pin-pimp made for the cartman hole. I have the cartman one and its great! I think he was planning on making it, but there hasnt been any talk about it recently.

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Mine is terrible. I ended up making a cushion out of blue duct tape where it was destroyed. Its a little ghetto sure, but the dark blue duct tape kinda matches the PF. Hoping for an insert solution like pin-pimp made for the cartman hole. I have the cartman one and its great! I think he was planning on making it, but there hasnt been any talk about it recently.

That would be cool. I have that one too.

#959 3 years ago

I’m selling my SP machine this week and I have a question. My buyer wants to know if the head can be removed from the machine. He has limited clearance in his truck I guess. And it won’t fit otherwise. Anyone ever remove the backbox and how difficult is this to do ?

#960 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m selling my SP machine this week and I have a question. My buyer wants to know if the head can be removed from the machine. He has limited clearance in his truck I guess. And it won’t fit otherwise. Anyone ever remove the backbox and how difficult is this to do ?

Removing the Blackbox itself is not a pain. If that person is not savvy with wiring it could be an issue. I would suggest take tons of photos and videos

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Removing the Blackbox itself is not a pain. If that person is not savvy with wiring it could be an issue. I would suggest take tons of photos and videos

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. He owns 2 EMs, so I don’t know if that dictates how well he does with wiring.

#962 3 years ago

A little off topic, but can someone tell me the steps to get to spooky vision on south park?

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from coinop:

A little off topic, but can someone tell me the steps to get to spooky vision on south park?

Start every characters event at least once likes spooky vision at the chef saucer. You have to start each mode to enable spooky vision, this means you have to enter the mr hanky mode for kyle, multiball for stan, kill kenny, beefcake for cartman, and collect the kids for chef. This can be for the entire three ball game.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Start every characters event at least once likes spooky vision at the chef saucer. You have to start each mode to enable spooky vision, this means you have to enter the mr hanky mode for kyle, multiball for stan, kill kenny, beefcake for cartman, and collect the kids for chef. This can be for the entire three ball game.

i was one shot away from my first spooky vision the other night. Just needed to last the cartman countdown or make the last cartman shot, and BOOM...right down the right outlane. I hate that lane so much on this game.

#965 3 years ago

i was one shot away from my first spooky vision the other night. Just needed to last the cartman countdown or make the last cartman shot, and BOOM...right down the right outlane. I hate that lane so much on this game.

Mine is always the cartman shot too, for such a large hole you think it would be easy to hit.

#966 3 years ago

Well, here's something I never knew - some of the multiball themes were taken from the Chickenlover episode:

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I've been working on one for a while. It's currently installed on my machine but I haven't had time to put the machine back together to test it. It looks like the base/tank/lid printed at shapeways in Multi Jet Fusion would be around $255 plus whatever handling and shipping they charge. One downside is that the only color options are black, gray and dark gray so I guess you would have to paint it.
[quoted image]

Nice work. I got rid of my SP, but was always curious about a replacement toilet.

1 week later
#968 3 years ago

I was in the middle of a game and most of the machine shut down. I have GI lights and one broken line across the display. I took out the power supply board and it visually looks OK. Fuse in the board is OK. Put it back on. No change. Any suggestions on where to start checking?

#969 3 years ago

If you still have batteries in your game, I would check around that area for battery corrosion. Sometimes you can't even see it, as it will creep behind sockets and such.

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

I was in the middle of a game and most of the machine shut down. I have GI lights and one broken line across the display. I took out the power supply board and it visually looks OK. Fuse in the board is OK. Put it back on. No change. Any suggestions on where to start checking?

I had a chance to do a bit more investigation. Fuse F23 was blown although you wouldn't know it to look at it. That goes to BRDG21. How do I check if that is bad or not as something had to blow the fuse?

#971 3 years ago

I had a chance to do a bit more investigation. Fuse F23 was blown although you wouldn't know it to look at it. That goes to BRDG21. How do I check if that is bad or not as something had to blow the fuse?

Here's a good video:

#972 3 years ago

Hi all why is my game saying it has too many balls lol is it the up kicker boards thanks for any help

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Here's a good video:

That worked great. Since I had to take the board off I checked all 4. They are all good.

Onto the next next thing in line, the LM338K voltage regulator. Reading on it a bit it I don't see a way of testing it without it being powered. Not sure how to do that with the board mounted. I'm sure I'm missing something. Hopefully someone here with more experience can suggest something. It appears to be an obsolete part so if I need to replace it I'll have to update it.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi all why is my game saying it has too many balls lol is it the up kicker boards thanks for any help

A switch may be stuck on or need an adjustment. Take all of the balls out, go into the maintenance portal, diagnostics menu, switch menu and take active switch option. It will show which ones are on. I think there should only be 2 on. Opto's at kenny and ball trough position 1 if I remember correctly.

#975 3 years ago

A switch may be stuck on or need an adjustment. Take all of the balls out, go into the maintenance portal, diagnostics menu, switch menu and take active switch option. It will show which ones are on. I think there should only be 2 on. Opto's at kenny and ball trough position 1 if I remember correctly.

Ok I did check the other 4 switches and are working just fine I will do what u say and let u know thanks

#976 3 years ago

Ok it says 3 are on one is Kenny Opto and the other 2 are ball though 2 there it's still kicking out just 4 balls leaving one in there so it must be the Opto at the ball though?

#977 3 years ago

Ok it says 3 are on one is Kenny Opto and the other 2 are ball though 2 there it's still kicking out just 4 balls leaving one in there so it must be the Opto at the ball though?

If I'm reading the switch diagram properly, the trough switch should be second column, second from the bottom. Kenny should be column 6, second from the top. The third one on should be the issue. I'm not 100% sure if the trough switch is on if there is a ball there or off. I would check against mine but it's broke (see posts above).

#978 3 years ago

If I'm reading the switch diagram properly, the trough switch should be second column, second from the bottom. Kenny should be column 6, second from the top. The third one on should be the issue. I'm not 100% sure if the trough switch is on if there is a ball there or off. I would check against mine but it's broke (see posts above).

I watched some videos on this it does say the Opto in the though has two in the second column #14 and 15 when I unplug the Opto both goes off ,I was told there's two there when two balls are in there maybe that's why it's saying too many balls it think there's two in there ,might have too change the Opto there ?

#979 3 years ago

Update ,I just found on the Opto though board the eyes was lose just had too resolder them and works great now it's not kicking the balls out anymore thanks for the help

#980 3 years ago

Took some time to do a mass overhaul of my South Park pin. The before and after looks like a totally different game. So ready for game nights to pick back up again.

Upgrades from stock:
Mirror Pin Blades
LED's Non Ghosting Lamps and Flashers
LED Dimming Backbox (dims during gameplay Bright on attract mode for no glare)
NVRam Mod ( no more batteries)
Color DMD
LED Lighted Flipper Buttons
Flipper Protector Decals (replaced old work comedy central stickers)
Cartman Hole Protector (pin pimp)
Lane Protectors x2 (pin pimp)
Kenny Opto Protectors
Topper Characters and Sign
LED Topper Sign Box (thank you latenite)
Sound Board Upgrade (added missing components for right channel to add stero sound)
New Rubbers
Thumb barrel lock coin door (keyless)
New flipper kit
Player color instruction cards
New leaf switches for flippers
Cup holders on front legs

20200423_143243 (resized).jpg20200423_143243 (resized).jpg20200423_143248 (resized).jpg20200423_143248 (resized).jpg20200423_175703 (resized).jpg20200423_175703 (resized).jpg20200502_153622 (resized).jpg20200502_153622 (resized).jpg20200506_160214 (resized).jpg20200506_160214 (resized).jpg20200509_122739 (resized).jpg20200509_122739 (resized).jpg20200509_122744 (resized).jpg20200509_122744 (resized).jpg20200509_161741 (resized).jpg20200509_161741 (resized).jpg20200509_175622 (resized).jpg20200509_175622 (resized).jpg20200509_185331 (resized).jpg20200509_185331 (resized).jpg20200509_185406 (resized).jpg20200509_185406 (resized).jpg20200423_143235 (resized).jpg20200423_143235 (resized).jpg20200423_143212 (resized).jpg20200423_143212 (resized).jpg20200423_143209 (resized).jpg20200423_143209 (resized).jpg20200423_143159 (resized).jpg20200423_143159 (resized).jpg20200423_135557 (resized).jpg20200423_135557 (resized).jpg
#981 3 years ago

Hi!
Looking for the Mr Hankey mounting bracket, listed as “coil and trip coil mntg brkt weldement” part number 515-6983-00
Any leads appreciated

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from Brich:

Hi!
Looking for the Mr Hankey mounting bracket, listed as “coil and trip coil mntg brkt weldement” part number 515-6983-00
Any leads appreciated

MarcoSpecialties has a ton of great stuff for south park. Heres the mounting bracket

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6996-00

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from Brich:

Hi!
Any leads appreciated

I don't know if I've ever seen the full outer bracket for sale. Is yours broken, can it be welded?

#984 3 years ago

That worked great. Since I had to take the board off I checked all 4. They are all good.
Onto the next next thing in line, the LM338K voltage regulator. Reading on it a bit it I don't see a way of testing it without it being powered. Not sure how to do that with the board mounted. I'm sure I'm missing something. Hopefully someone here with more experience can suggest something. It appears to be an obsolete part so if I need to replace it I'll have to update it.

I replaced the blown fuse and it powered up properly. I checked all the coils through the diagnostic menu and found nothing wrong. Played a couple of games and everything seems normal. I guess I will just have to watch it.

#985 3 years ago

Does anyone have pics of a Stern branded South Park?

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from vonclod:

There's some here. I think it's just a stern sticker on the coin door and no sega logo above the dmd.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/south-park-1999-stern-pinball-machine
http://firebirdpinball.com/better-than-mmmkay/

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from vonclod:

Mine has Stern branded serial number stickers on the boards but says Sega on the backglass.

#988 3 years ago

Hi guys what's a full restored South Park going for inside and out I mean better then New any ideas ?

#989 3 years ago

I'd think around $3,500 for a fully shopped and LED'd one, $4000 for one with a nice cabinet and art, shiny armor. I've never seen one with a decent cabinet.

#990 3 years ago

I'd think around $3,500 for a fully shopped and LED'd one, $4000 for one with a nice cabinet and art, shiny armor. I've never seen one with a decent cabinet.

Ok I mean one with new cabinet art all around plus nos PF cleared also almost everything the way NIB but better any ideas

#991 3 years ago

Any ideas anyone ? Better then NIB

#992 3 years ago

Pretty sure javagrind answered your very vague question already.

Better than NIB, no one knows what that means. Customizations are up to the owner/player. Not everyone likes LED, or mirrored blades, or custom art, etc..

You are asking a purely hypothetical question over and over about something specifically customized that YOU want.

There are so many mods out there. Best method is to take what we've given you here, find the specific mods you want, keep a list and do some math.

#993 3 years ago

I agree with Mooshue. Only way to give you any better idea would be to post pictures of the game. Closeups of the playfied including closeups of Chef, Kenny, Cartman holes, inside the toilet, Mr Hankey, the switch slot at the ball drop spot, inside of the cabinet, out side of the cab, inside the backbox, closeups of the boards, etc.

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I agree with Mooshue. Only way to give you any better idea would be to post pictures of the game. Closeups of the playfied including closeups of Chef, Kenny, Cartman holes, inside the toilet, Mr Hankey, the switch slot at the ball drop spot, inside of the cabinet, out side of the cab, inside the backbox, closeups of the boards, etc.

Understand there is lots of mods out there for every game but I would do it all stock too new again and from there anyone that wants it can put there own mods they want because not everyone likes mods easyer that way I think

#995 3 years ago

The thing is, SP isnt a very desirable table. So expecting to get "better than NIB" price isnt realistic IMO. You will only likely fetch the top of the current market range. Javagrind gave you the best opinion IMO.

#996 3 years ago

The thing is, SP isnt a very desirable table. So expecting to get "better than NIB" price isnt realistic IMO. You will only likely fetch the top of the current market range. Javagrind gave you the best opinion IMO.

Ok ya I thought so it's not the top machines out there that's for sure I get it just thought too ask too see what everyone thought ,thanks so much for all the help guys .

Happy flipping

#997 3 years ago

On page 78 of the manual, there's an optional UK only ball deflector mech for the left and right outlanes. I've never seen or heard of this before. Does anyone have any insight on what this is?

#998 3 years ago

On page 78 of the manual, there's an optional UK only ball deflector mech for the left and right outlanes. I've never seen or heard of this before. Does anyone have any insight on what this is?

I was wondering about that as well, and i wish i had that option lol i hate the damn outlanes on this table! Always screws me on the final Stan shot which keeps me from getting Spooky Vision

#999 3 years ago

Here's a few pictures and a video of them. There is a post above each outlane and the center drain block like on Family Guy. I remember reading a long time ago that they were added to comply with the UK's laws on games of chance. I have no idea how or when they work, maybe that's what the second button on the side is for?

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pinball-machines/vintage-pinball-machines/south-park-pinball-machine.html

#1000 3 years ago

The UK options are a second set of buttons under the flipper buttons. Pressing the left lifts a post in front of the left drain preventing the ball from going in. Right lifts a right drain post. Both buttons lifts a large post between the flippers preventing a lost ball.

It sounds like you would never lose but, it ads a whole additional layer to the game as the post lifts for a limited time amd it's quite easy to lose with some misfires.

The Pinball Museum in Las Vegas has had one on there for years. It's actually the first SP I ever played on and was confused to find no others had it until a little research turned up why this one had extra stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 1,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/20?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.