image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 33.
#51 9 years ago

I found my decals on eBay. They show up from time to time. I'll pass along my source if you can't find them, just pm me.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

You will probably have a heck of a time finding a replacement for your one armed Mr. Hankey- it was originally a modified keychain, and if you can find the keychain, you would need to get it modified (slot and holes made in the plastic, not something you can do with hand tools).

Thanks DonC.

Great info, I ended up passing on the game, and still regret it. I picked up a pretty nice Jurassic Park instead. It was closer and the same price as the SP.

I'm sure this info will help others though and Hopefully I'll be joining the club at some point.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Buffpac5:

I am also in the club! I know someone has made decals as I have seen them on other SP's in the wild. But the machine wasn't originally decaled, but screen printed IIRC.

I am not very good at pinball, so this machine suits me just fine. I am also a huge fan of the show, so that definitely helps.

The decals are on ebay right now and others make them. I should be a member of the club after this weekend. Unless the deal falls through I should be adding one on Saturday. I am also not that great at Pinball so this should be a good one to have.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

The decals are on ebay right now and others make them. I should be a member of the club after this weekend. Unless the deal falls through I should be adding one on Saturday. I am also not that great at Pinball so this should be a good one to have.

Yeah, I saw those! I go back and forth on spending the money, since I would have to spend even MORE money to have the proper equipment to put on the decals. I am however debating on getting the Pingraffix blades to put on the sides, because they look freakin' sweet!

#55 9 years ago

Those do look good for South Park. I want them also.

#56 9 years ago

All done. Here is the final result. image-308.jpgimage-308.jpg

#57 9 years ago

That looks really good. I think I might have to steal a couple ideas when I restore mine

#58 9 years ago

It is the best looking South Park I have seen.

#59 9 years ago

I present, the trifecta.

IMG_6635.JPGIMG_6635.JPG
#60 9 years ago

Awesome! I have similar plans for my future gameroom!

#61 9 years ago

Thats it my new mission is set.. Star Trek pro is going on the chopping block

3 weeks later
#62 9 years ago

Looking for a South Park why do some machines have 4 flipper buttons?

3 months later
#63 9 years ago

Add me to the club. I got mine for Christmas from my wife. Our first pin. My kids bought the replacement rubbers, LED's and a manual. I've been working on it just about every day. Lots of little stuff needed fixing. Mr. Hankey was missing a hand (appears to be standard for the game) which I found in the bottom of the case. Kenny and both sets of optos were the worst. Plastic around him were broke so I bought a piece of Lexan and cut pieces to replace. If you don't the optos get bashed by the balls. LED's ghost a bit but the overall pop overshadows it. As of today, everything works. My wife and kids love the game. Simple rules and easy to play. I won't be selling mine anytime soon.

#64 9 years ago

I have a South Park pin for sale.
Pm me here.

#65 9 years ago

anyone got a link to the decals? I searched ebay and didn't turn up anything

1 month later
#66 8 years ago

Which decals? The small ones on the targets?

#67 8 years ago

I ordered some of the target sets that are around and they were junk repros. Looked like they were printed from a photo of the decals. I don't think any originals are around these days, however.

3 weeks later
#68 8 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the ball occasionally shooting out of the top VUK and getting stuck in the plastic in the upper left corner?

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Anyone have an issue with the ball occasionally shooting out of the top VUK and getting stuck in the plastic in the upper left corner?

Never had that one!

#70 8 years ago

Its funny how much this machine is hated, yet it still does really well on locations so the price is still pretty high.

Would love to find a fixer upper for cheap someday. I remember playing one at a Dave and Busters maybe 20 years ago and enjoying the hell out of it.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Never had that one!

It's almost like an electrical spike. I checked the coil, it's the correct one. I tried to adjust the coil pulse power lower but then the ball occasionally doesn't get all the way up the wire ramp and goes back down.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Its funny how much this machine is hated, yet it still does really well on locations so the price is still pretty high.
Would love to find a fixer upper for cheap someday. I remember playing one at a Dave and Busters maybe 20 years ago and enjoying the hell out of it.

The hard core guys don't care for it because it's really basic with almost no rule set at all. It's mindless pinball, like most of the games on Facebook or on the cell phone. I like it because I CAN just go bash the ball around for a while and not get tied up in a 3 page rule set manual. Sometimes you need to do something that requires minimal thought. And, of course, farts are always funny.

I wish someone would come up with updated ROM's that hold the progress for the Stan and Kyle shots. Probably won't happen this week though..........

#73 8 years ago

I wish someone would come up with updated ROM's that hold the progress for the Stan and Kyle shots. Probably won't happen this week though..........

This! Please!

#74 8 years ago

The hard core guys don't care for it because it's really basic with almost no rule set at all. It's mindless pinball, like most of the games on Facebook or on the cell phone. I like it because I CAN just go bash the ball around for a while and not get tied up in a 3 page rule set manual. Sometimes you need to do something that requires minimal thought. And, of course, farts are always funny.

I think someone should write a ROM for this game that does give it a ruleset for hard core players. I love the license and art on this game but the software bores me so much that I'd never buy one.

If only I knew how to program well then I'd do it myself

4 weeks later
#75 8 years ago

I'll join as a member. I purchased a South Park pinball a few years ago and restored it. My machine has mirror blades, non ghosting leds, under the cabinet blue leds, all new playfield plastics, a colordmd and my topper is all four characters wired into the games controlled lighting and flashers.

For me South Park is just a fun game to play. I love the theme.

I currently have another friend that stores machines at my house and despite having 16 pinballs in the basement, South Park is always constantly being played when we are having a party while often other more popular titles will sit unplayed.

#76 8 years ago

Has anyone made or found some really good custom apron cards for South Park? Preferably a 3 ball, free play one and an instruction card.

I have been searching around and I did find some on the pinball rebel site, but I haven't seen any that have blown me away yet.

#77 8 years ago

I have not found a decent one either. In fact the best one I found had the character's clothing color wrong... !

#78 8 years ago

Here's one I did a bit ago. Download the PDF, print a 100%.

sp_screenshot.pngsp_screenshot.png

#79 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing that one Aingide, its very cool. I thought Id try to create some coloured ones using images from the net. I am not sure these ones really go great with the colours on the game. I will probably continue to experiment and try to make some more less busy ones that go better with the game colours.

south park sof free play 3 balls.pngsouth park sof free play 3 balls.png
south park sof free play 5 balls.pngsouth park sof free play 5 balls.png

#80 8 years ago

I have had my SP since December. The free ball light at the top of the playfield has come on only twice and oddly enough on consecutive days in 7 months. Is there a setting that turns that on and off that I may have inadvertently messed up?

#81 8 years ago

I have had my SP since December. The free ball light at the top of the playfield has come on only twice and oddly enough on consecutive days in 7 months. Is there a setting that turns that on and off that I may have inadvertently messed up?

The Extra Ball normally lights on your third ball based on your score as a consolation prize. It can be a random pick between the extra ball light on the chef shot or the special award on one of the outlanes. I don't think there is a setting that changes this.

3 weeks later
#82 8 years ago

Are there times when the ball saver comes on unexpectedly mid-ball? It seems to be happening sometimes (but not always) as it kicks out of the VUK near Cartman, but I can't find anything about it in the menus.

Basically, should it ever come on except for the first few seconds after you plunge?

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Are there times when the ball saver comes on unexpectedly mid-ball? It seems to be happening sometimes (but not always) as it kicks out of the VUK near Cartman, but I can't find anything about it in the menus.
Basically, should it ever come on except for the first few seconds after you plunge?

Nope. At last it doesn't on mine. But what do you mean exactly by ball saver? When the game awards you another ball because use drained too quickly or when the ball goes back down the plunger lane?

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Ball saves may turn on for a short duration when you start some of the character modes. I'd have to check to know for sure though.

#85 8 years ago

But what do you mean exactly by ball saver?

Played it some more to be sure. I'm 90% sure that it comes on every time the machine kicks a ball out of the VUK near Cartman. The ball save insert flashes for about 2 seconds, then shuts off. Pretty sure it will always give you the ball back if you drain at that moment.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Played it some more to be sure. I'm 90% sure that it comes on every time the machine kicks a ball out of the VUK near Cartman. The ball save insert flashes for about 2 seconds, then shuts off. Pretty sure it will always give you the ball back if you drain at that moment.

I'm either blind, haven't noticed at all, or our machines are different. I don't have a ball saver insert. Is it between the flippers? If so, then I believe you have a UK version machine.

Can you take a picture and include in your reply? I'd like to see it.

#87 8 years ago

I'm either blind, haven't noticed at all, or our machines are different. I don't have a ball saver insert. Is it between the flippers? If so, then I believe you have a UK version machine.
Can you take a picture and include in your reply? I'd like to see it.

It's the South Park sign between the flippers. (Ball will drain, then get kicked into the plunger lane, and auto plunged...like the ball saver on most/all modern machines).

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

It's the South Park sign between the flippers. (Ball will drain, then get kicked into the plunger lane, and auto plunged...like the ball saver on most/all modern machines).

I never noticed that it worked like that before. Does the DMD and Chef say something that you drained too quickly also?

#89 8 years ago

Gentlemen,
I am the newest member to the club. Just picked me up a SP fresh off of route tonight. It needs some polishing, for sure, but I will clean it up shortly. To be honest, I have never watched the show, but the price was right. This thread has already given me some great ideas as to what to do with it.
-Kyros

#90 8 years ago

Do any of you guys know if Cliffy protectors have ever been made for this title?
-Kyros

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Kyrosfear:

Do any of you guys know if Cliffy protectors have ever been made for this title?
-Kyros

Yes.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/spk.htm

The slot protectors are universal. Like where the ball drops after coming out of the Right VUK.

1 month later
#92 8 years ago

Hi Everyone. Well I just picked up a south park project today and I need some help. Can anyone tell me where I could get a speaker panel, display, and even a board set. This was a complete project, but I think I can bring it back to life. Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
lloyd

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Hi Everyone. Well I just picked up a South Park project today and I need some help. Can anyone tell me where I could get a speaker panel, display, and even a board set. This was a complete project, but I think I can bring it back to life. Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
lloyd

Display from Marco Specialties or Pinball Life. Boards from Marco. Speakers probably anywhere but the panel itself, I'm not sure.

#94 8 years ago

thank you for info. I was looking at marco, but they dont have any boards in stock. Does anyone have a used board I could buy? Also is there any way someone could take the measurements of their south park speaker board and send them to me? I may have to build one from scratch.
thanks

#95 8 years ago

The speaker board is 525-5515-00 which is also at Marcos - http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/525-5515-00

I would make a separate "wanted to buy" thread for the boards with part numbers.

#96 8 years ago

Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate the help. This south park needs alot of work. Can anyone take some pictures of under the playfield with pics focusing towards the coin door? I started looking at mine and they took out all the wiring harnesses and rolled them up and need to decifer were they go from the coin door to back box.
Any help would be greatly appreciate
thanks

#97 8 years ago

If you need a disply anyways you may want to consider a colordmd for it. This is a colorized title.

1 week later
#98 8 years ago

Just joined as well. Kind of a project, as my Kenny is reading phantom hits when playing, but if I go into the test menu neither the opto or subway switch show closed, but I can manipulate them by hand any they work fine. Start a game, and Kenny will start taking hits again. Any idea where to begin? Nothing is showing in the diagnostics menu, and the switches work fine in the test menu. May have to keep digging around.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

my Kenny is reading phantom hits when playing

Welcome to the club!

I would start by pulling the 2 opto boards, cleaning them up, resoldering the LEDs and wires onto the board and reinstalling.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Welcome to the club!
I would start by pulling the 2 opto boards, cleaning them up, resoldering the LEDs and wires onto the board and reinstalling.

Thanks. I'll try that out tonight and see what happens. Also have Mr. Hankey problems, but I'll save that for another day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.