image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 33.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Yeah, it HAS to wire into the GI or it will completely take away from killing Kenny.

Yea I’ve noticed a few things that didn’t standout very well. One thing was that the RGB control module I had was broken, so I returned it and now it works great! The blue lighting is pretty neat, it keeps the playfield lit, but doesn’t take away from the effects, but yes GI needs to be figured out lol

1F5265CA-1828-4667-B604-D1460959757C (resized).jpeg1F5265CA-1828-4667-B604-D1460959757C (resized).jpeg
#802 4 years ago

Some simple stuff to enhance the machine.

Thumb barrell lock, no more keys.

Inspired by another person in this thread, I mounted all the characters and sign to a board painted black. Bolted board to backbox.

Someday I'll go all in like he did and install LED into them as well. Love how his turned out.

20190904_121431 (resized).jpg20190904_121431 (resized).jpg20190904_121453 (resized).jpg20190904_121453 (resized).jpg
#803 4 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue with the post sleeve in the picture? It always slides up off the post and I have to pull the glass and push it back down. I’ve tried an oversized one, a titan silicone one, and now this one is just replacement rubber. It always slides up after a few whacks trying to hit the Stan shot. Any ideas?

73B773C1-0F05-44C7-895F-491173D1654A (resized).jpeg73B773C1-0F05-44C7-895F-491173D1654A (resized).jpeg
#804 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Has anyone else had an issue with the post sleeve in the picture? It always slides up off the post and I have to pull the glass and push it back down. I’ve tried an oversized one, a titan silicone one, and now this one is just replacement rubber. It always slides up after a few whacks trying to hit the Stan shot. Any ideas?[quoted image]

I have titan post on mine and they don't slide up. I wonder if the steel post is smaller in diameter causing the post sleeve to slide up.

#805 4 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue with the post sleeve in the picture? It always slides up off the post and I have to pull the glass and push it back down. I’ve tried an oversized one, a titan silicone one, and now this one is just replacement rubber. It always slides up after a few whacks trying to hit the Stan shot. Any ideas?[quoted image]

You could rough the post up with some sand paper or put a wrap of duct tape on it to add some friction.

#806 4 years ago

I used to have the same problem when I owned SP. I used to dab a bit of LocTite on it to prevent it from sliding up.

#807 4 years ago

Thanks, ill give that a try. seems like that would be a simple fix.

#808 4 years ago

Meet some friends of mine. Good deal, and the game is in great shape.

69877985_2621027117907818_4226241243669069824_n (resized).jpg69877985_2621027117907818_4226241243669069824_n (resized).jpgIMG_20190909_212310 (resized).jpgIMG_20190909_212310 (resized).jpg
#809 4 years ago

Welcome to the club.....

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Meet some friends of mine. Good deal, and the game is in great shape.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Looks pretty good PF wise, and the toilet seems to be in good shape. I see a few decals that need to be changed and 1 missing switch. Question, is the ramp above the bumpers melted so the ball wont go through? It looks like somethings up with it in the photo.

#811 4 years ago

Nice! Looks pretty good PF wise, and the toilet seems to be in good shape. I see a few decals that need to be changed and 1 missing switch. Question, is the ramp above the bumpers melted so the ball wont go through? It looks like somethings up with it in the photo.

I think it's just a bad angle. The ramp is really good, just dirty.

#812 4 years ago

Nice! Welcome to the club! Now put some art blades in it and some pinstadium lights and make it pop!

#813 4 years ago

I really want the target and toilet decals. It's all I really need. I have a bunch of extras but not the ones I need.

And plastics of course.

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I really want the target and toilet decals. It's all I really need. I have a bunch of extras but not the ones I need.
And plastics of course.

Welcome to the club. Those targets often break off but the switch is still good. If you still have the body you can buy just the insert.

Insert:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6138-05

Whole module:
marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6138-05
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-oblong-modular-stand-up-target-front-mounting.html

#815 4 years ago

The side blades really lighten this game up too.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Went full LEDs on mine recently.
[quoted image]
So hard to get a picture that looks as good as it is in person, it doesn't actually look that blown out near the slingshots and inlane guides. The new spotlight on the left sling, and another near Cartman definitely brighten up the center of the playfield.

Can you buy the spotlight led’s separate ? I have led’s on my machine, but the center of the playfield is still kind of dark

#817 4 years ago

So in just a few short hours, i will be able to join this club as a SP owner! I met the seller on this site, actually, and I’m so excited to be a first time pinball owner! I have loved pinball since I was a kid, and couldn’t be more excited to be an owner of a pinball, let alone the SP one. My wife and I just bought our house a couple years ago, and I’m anxious to fill it with some awesome pinball machines!! She likes SP the show, and likes the pinball machine as well. It’s cool that we both play together. I’m into it more then her, but she’ll still play with me. We go to shows together and we have a blast. Can’t wait till my machine gets here. Coming from Pittsburgh this morning. I’ll take pics and post when it’s all set up.

#818 4 years ago

Congratulations on your first pin My wife loves our SP
It's a popular one in our house with friends and family......

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So in just a few short hours, i will be able to join this club as a SP owner! I met the seller on this site, actually, and I’m so excited to be a first time pinball owner! I have loved pinball since I was a kid, and couldn’t be more excited to be an owner of a pinball, let alone the SP one. My wife and I just bought our house a couple years ago, and I’m anxious to fill it with some awesome pinball machines!! She likes SP the show, and likes the pinball machine as well. It’s cool that we both play together. I’m into it more then her, but she’ll still play with me. We go to shows together and we have a blast. Can’t wait till my machine gets here. Coming from Pittsburgh this morning. I’ll take pics and post when it’s all set up.

It was my first pin also! We kept going to the local arcade and my wife finally went up to South Park and said "buy me one of these". Found one on Craigslist and the guy who delivered it said "you have to watch out, these things breed like rabbits." Picking up our 6th machine today and still have the South Park! It's a great party game and good for beginners.

#820 4 years ago

My first pin as well. I've only picked up a Simpsons Pinball Party since. But my south park i have completely taken apart and has given me the confidence to work on any machine now haha. And the condition mine was in compared to what I have turned it into is amazing. I just need to put some new side art on and toss in a ColorDMD.

And I want a LOTR and a few others still....just so expensive.

#821 4 years ago

My first pin as well. I've only picked up a Simpsons Pinball Party since. But my south park i have completely taken apart and has given me the confidence to work on any machine now haha. And the condition mine was in compared to what I have turned it into is amazing. I just need to put some new side art on and toss in a ColorDMD.
And I want a LOTR and a few others still....just so expensive.

I've never seen one with good art decals. Most have cracking and everything on the cabinets. It's such a huge job to replace them that I've simply never done it or had it done. I want to replace my entire coin door though, is that a hard job?

#822 4 years ago

Couple more hours. So excited to have my fist pin! A SP one at that. Love that show. So I really want to get into modding it up with some cool LEDs. I was thinking of doing the speaker light kit. And trying to light up the center of the play field. It has leds on the play field already. But I want to get some spotlight leds to lighten up the center of the PF. What Else would u guys recommend for cool lighting mods for my new/old pin.

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Couple more hours. So excited to have my fist pin! A SP one at that. Love that show. So I really want to get into modding it up with some cool LEDs. I was thinking of doing the speaker light kit. And trying to light up the center of the play field. It has leds on the play field already. But I want to get some spotlight leds to lighten up the center of the PF. What Else would u guys recommend for cool lighting mods for my new/old pin.

I would say go easy and don't overcolor it. Look at what Ryan did for inspiration. Avoid putting colored bulbs under the GI, that is my personal preference though. Plastics are colored for a reason, they don't need the help.

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I've never seen one with good art decals. Most have cracking and everything on the cabinets. It's such a huge job to replace them that I've simply never done it or had it done. I want to replace my entire coin door though, is that a hard job?

Yea, the problem is its printed right on the cabinet, so its not a decal. Mine is cracked like crazy after years of abuse on route. I've been looking into putting on replacement decals, but all the decals i see, the colors look off, so i'm hesitant to drop $200 on them.

Coin door should be pretty easy, just a few carriage bolts holding it on and some wires you have to remove. I've never removed from a pin, but i have done that on many arcade cabinets.

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

A few posts up I just recently added some LED tape lights to the sides (DIY Stadium lighting). $40 and no more dark spots on the PF. I still need to order a relay so i can tie it into the GI for better effects, but lighting it up with a light shade of blue light, lights up the play field without taking away from the lighting effects the game is meant to show

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Just a tip: If you get a Speaker Light Kit with the SP designs.....make sure you mount them with the designs in the front (spun whichever way you would like) then the light frame and then the speaker grill and speaker. If you have the grill directly behind that design (or any design that has a lot of etched area that allows light to shine through the actual acrylic) it does not look as good as it should. Mounting the grill behind the light frame will keep the grill from being between the light source and the design (and showing off those grill dots) and also lights the grill up in the back instead of the speaker....giving the area and design a much cleaner look.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Grill behind acrylic (resized).JPGGrill behind acrylic (resized).JPGGrill in Back (resized).JPGGrill in Back (resized).JPG
#827 4 years ago

Well I just got my SP machine and am so happy! I love it. It needs a little TLC but it plays pretty good. I have a couple questions though.
1. It seems there’s a bit of a delay whenever I hit Kenny as to when the sound of him getting hit starts. Actually , all the sound effects are like that.
2. I can hear speaker buzz a little when it’s in attract mode.
Just a couple that are noticeable right off the bat. I’m sure there’s an easy fix. Maybe the ROMS? Also. I was able to find the adult language mode and it’s set to Yes but I don’t hear any cussing.

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Well I just got my SP machine and am so happy! I love it. It needs a little TLC but it plays pretty good. I have a couple questions though.
1. It seems there’s a bit of a delay whenever I hit Kenny as to when the sound of him getting hit starts. Actually , all the sound effects are like that.
2. I can hear speaker buzz a little when it’s in attract mode.
Just a couple that are noticeable right off the bat. I’m sure there’s an easy fix. Maybe the ROMS? Also. I was able to find the adult language mode and it’s set to Yes but I don’t hear any cussing.

Check the alignment of the optics in front of Kenny. It might need to be resoldered. The delay is likely because it is out of alignment so its not playing the audio or shaking until it hits the switch in the subway.

The buzz is probably from the DMD. Mine buzzes pretty bad when the SEGA logo flashes. but it buzzes to the pattern of the flashing. It needs to be replaced to fix from what i have heard. Im going to get a colorDMD eventually.

For cursing, you need the profanity roms. But from what I have heard, they break a few things in the game. I still want to get a set for myself. Someone is selling a set now for $40 in the marketplace.

#829 4 years ago

Check the alignment of the optics in front of Kenny. It might need to be resoldered. The delay is likely because it is out of alignment so its not playing the audio or shaking until it hits the switch in the subway.
The buzz is probably from the DMD. Mine buzzes pretty bad when the SEGA logo flashes. but it buzzes to the pattern of the flashing. It needs to be replaced to fix from what i have heard. Im going to get a colorDMD eventually.
For cursing, you need the profanity roms. But from what I have heard, they break a few things in the game. I still want to get a set for myself. Someone is selling a set now for $40 in the marketplace.

I have no idea how to check the alignment. I’m new to pinball and basically clueless.

#830 4 years ago

This would seem to be the most likely culprit. The optos could be out of alignment, or might not even be working at all. When I first got my SP, I needed to replace my optos in order to get Kenny to work properly. The ball breaking the beam between the optos should set Kenny off; otherwise, the ball needs to roll over the switch in the tunnel under the playfield to make Kenny work. Go into the Service Portal, then go to the switch test. If you pass a ball or your finger between the optos, you should see an indication on your screen. If it doesn't fire, check the alignment. Also, check to see that the wires are attached to both of the opto boards (one might have come loose). If that doesn't work, it might be time to replace the optos.

For cursing, you need the profanity roms...

Not necessarily. When the "adult" setting is enabled, certain things happen, like when Cartman mode starts, he has the explosive farting. When it's not, it shows "Beefcake". Also, if you wait too long to launch a ball on your turn, it's possible to hear the bus driver say, "What all you all starin' at?", after which one of the characters might say "Shut up, b*tch!"; needless to say, this will not be heard when adult speech is off. Another thing that I can think of is if you have it set for coin play, and you press start without having put in coins, you will hear the bus driver say, "How'd you like to suck my a**?" One more thing is the slings will fart when Terrence and Phillip have been collected, otherwise they just laugh.

I still want to get a set for myself. Someone is selling a set now for $40 in the marketplace.

I think I have a set still lying around here. I'll take a look. I would let 'em go for less than $40. Honestly, I put them in, saw what they were about, and then took them right out. The code is not complete, so some things don't work as they should. The only thing that's very different is that there is a "carpet munching mode" (really!); If I remember correctly, it's a flipper race. I don't remember how to set it off, but it's there. Definitely not for kids.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

This would seem to be the most likely culprit. The optos could be out of alignment, or might not even be working at all. When I first got my SP, I needed to replace my optos in order to get Kenny to work properly. The ball breaking the beam between the optos should set Kenny off; otherwise, the ball needs to roll over the switch in the tunnel under the playfield to make Kenny work. Go into the Service Portal, then go to the switch test. If you pass a ball or your finger between the optos, you should see an indication on your screen. If it doesn't fire, check the alignment. Also, check to see that the wires are attached to both of the opto boards (one might have come loose). If that doesn't work, it might be time to replace the optos.

Not necessarily. When the "adult" setting is enabled, certain things happen, like when Cartman mode starts, he has the explosive farting. When it's not, it shows "Beefcake". Also, if you wait too long to launch a ball on your turn, it's possible to hear the bus driver say, "What all you all starin' at?", after which one of the characters might say "Shut up, b*tch!"; needless to say, this will not be heard when adult speech is off. Another thing that I can think of is if you have it set for coin play, and you press start without having put in coins, you will hear the bus driver say, "How'd you like to suck my a**?" One more thing is the slings will fart when Terrence and Phillip have been collected, otherwise they just laugh.

I think I have a set still lying around here. I'll take a look. I would let 'em go for less than $40. Honestly, I put them in, saw what they were about, and then took them right out. The code is not complete, so some things don't work as they should. The only thing that's very different is that there is a "carpet munching mode" (really!); If I remember correctly, it's a flipper race. I don't remember how to set it off, but it's there. Definitely not for kids.

So how do I align the optos then ??

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So how do I align the optos then ??

You carefully bend them by hand, they probably got hit by a ball. They just need to be generally pointed at each other. The opto LEDs should be lit up red when the machine is on, if they are not the opto led probably needs to be re-soldered or replaced.

If you don't have the manual you can download the pdf here: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4444

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

You carefully bend them by hand, they probably got hit by a ball. They just need to be generally pointed at each other. The opto LEDs should be lit up red when the machine is on, if they are not the opto led probably needs to be re-soldered or replaced.
If you don't have the manual you can download the pdf here: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4444

Do you have a close up picture of the optos in front of Kenny that I need to adjust, by chance ?

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Do you have a close up picture of the optos in front of Kenny that I need to adjust, by chance ?

Here are some close ups.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/4#post-3359240

#835 4 years ago

Ok. So now that I have my machine in my house, played it quite a bit last night. Now I want to get inside and start cleaning it up. Pretty dusty inside the cabinet. And the playfield needs a good cleaning. What is safe to use on the playfield and what kind of wax should I use on it? I really want to get into it this weekend and spruce this baby up.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Ok. So now that I have my machine in my house, played it quite a bit last night. Now I want to get inside and start cleaning it up. Pretty dusty inside the cabinet. And the playfield needs a good cleaning. What is safe to use on the playfield and what kind of wax should I use on it? I really want to get into it this weekend and spruce this baby up.

Ahhhh the great waxing debate. You can find several posts about that. You will see that everyone has their own opinion. Basically, don't use wax that is a cleaner or has an abrasive. When cleaning, take your time and don't get too aggressive. Common sense and patience. There are some people that use Mr. Clean magic eraser. I've seen what that does to paint on walls and wouldn't get that anywhere near a pinball machine.

Since you are a newbie, I'm guessing you will need to replace the balls also. If they aren't bright and shiny, get new ones. Get them from a reputable pinball parts site.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Ahhhh the great waxing debate. You can find several posts about that. You will see that everyone has their own opinion. Basically, don't use wax that is a cleaner or has an abrasive. When cleaning, take your time and don't get too aggressive. Common sense and patience. There are some people that use Mr. Clean magic eraser. I've seen what that does to paint on walls and wouldn't get that anywhere near a pinball machine.
Since you are a newbie, I'm guessing you will need to replace the balls also. If they aren't bright and shiny, get new ones. Get them from a reputable pinball parts site.

I just ordered a novus cleaning kit. Would that be ok to use on the playfield ?

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

That's what I use.....great stuff. I use the plastic cleaner on plastics and the #2 to clean the playfield....

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yes, that will work for cleaning but you still need a coat of wax afterward. Stay away from Novus 3 until you are used to using the stuff, it's for polishing out heavy scratches in plastic and will leave swirl marks that you have to work out with Novus 2 and 1.

I've used this wax for a long time and used a liquid one before that. I personally like the paste better, it doesn't drip or run under places I didn't want it to go.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-Gold-Class-Carnauba-Plus-Premium-Paste-Wax-Creates-a-Deep-Dazzling-Shine-G7014J-11-oz/16550250

There's lots of info about cleaning and waxing here. Reading the first few posts by vid1900 is informative, the rest of the 36 pages are for those with insomnia.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

#840 4 years ago

Also, lifting up the playfield feels like it’s in need of some type of grease or something. It’s not easy to do. Is there a hinge or something like that can be hit with some type of grease or wd-40 maybe ??

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Also, lifting up the playfield feels like it’s in need of some type of grease or something. It’s not easy to do. Is there a hinge or something like that can be hit with some type of grease or wd-40 maybe ??

Nope. It is what it is. metal on metal. You will figure out what works best for you after you have done it a couple of dozen times. BTW, Putting it back, I have found, is just as awkward.

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

So after some investigating on those optos in front of Kenny, well seems like the one on the left is broke. No sensor on it. I’ll show u a pic. Kind of blurry but you get the idea.

46096F2E-1719-4440-800A-121ADCC25C99 (resized).jpeg46096F2E-1719-4440-800A-121ADCC25C99 (resized).jpeg
#843 4 years ago

Ok. So!! I took the whole opto assembly out and took a pic and this is what I got. Looks like something is definitely missing.

EC569D87-F6C8-4663-9721-3A1D73229B08 (resized).jpegEC569D87-F6C8-4663-9721-3A1D73229B08 (resized).jpeg
#844 4 years ago

Yes indeed, the LED is missing from that side....

#845 4 years ago

Would this work for a replacement ??
I wonder if I look hard enough if I could find that led and solder it back on

9A754E05-55AC-45C3-8DBD-2B0CBDAABEC9 (resized).png9A754E05-55AC-45C3-8DBD-2B0CBDAABEC9 (resized).png
#846 4 years ago

That is the correct part number.

I would try to find the LED that dropped out or at least try and solder in a new LED. If you PM me your address I'll mail you a couple for free as a welcome gift to the club!

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I would try to find the LED that dropped out or at least try and solder in a new LED. If you PM me your address I'll mail you a couple for free as a welcome gift to the club!

Sweet!! U guys rock!! Man. I miss Radio Shack!! I could get a LED from
There all day long!!

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

That’s gonna be hard to do. To find it. There’s a lot of “bits” in the bottom of my cab.

#849 4 years ago

Would one of those work as a replacement. I have no problem soldering. Just need to know if the clear one would work.

4F703618-31C5-4750-B3F9-507B728541B4 (resized).png4F703618-31C5-4750-B3F9-507B728541B4 (resized).png
#850 4 years ago

Honestly, I'm not positive. I know later Sega/Stern games used a matched pair of LEDs as the transmitter and receiver on optos (circa POTC) but I'm not sure what SP used. I'm thinking it might not be simple LEDs since one is labeled transmitter and the other receiver.

Unless someone else can confirm they are regular LEDs on SP, I'd say it's 50/50 on those LEDs working. They are the correct size and should solder in just fine (make sure you get the index dent oriented properly when you install the LED on the board).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/17?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.