image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 33.
#751 4 years ago

latenite04 thx for giving me the ok to do so.

I am looking at printing in petg at .12 layer height. Light sanding and airbrush painting.

I will get one printed in the next two weeks so I can show the process. First to reserve one gets a substantial reduction in price for helping test. If there are issues it will be replaced. (USA mainland for this).

If anyone wants to work up models for the ramps... Im sure I could either 3d print a replacement ramp to hold you over.

Please inbox me so I can get an accounting of about how much petg to order for the first run.

This is simply for hobbyists and collectors that own the pinball.

2 weeks later
#752 4 years ago

Who's Mr. Hankey needs a new arm? Pm me your address and I can mail you one(Con US only, I was planning to just stick them in a first class envelope).
MrHankeyNewArm (resized).jpgMrHankeyNewArm (resized).jpg
MrHankeyARms (resized).jpgMrHankeyARms (resized).jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

Hope everyone's arm makes it safely so Mr. Hankey can wave a "Howdy Ho".

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I have a lot of reading to do in here but,
does anyone have a used playfield or know where there is one? Any availability on the right ramp?
My game works and plays fine, but it's been around the block, so I'm trying to gauge how far I want to take it or just leave it a solid beater player.
Thanks, James

I will have a used one that is in decent shape, no real lost wood with the exception of the spooky insert has a chipped wood edge that left a small divot and shows bare wood. There are a couple of places the factory mylar is coming up, but no lost artwork, the Kenny hole and Cartman hole are worn but not chipped up real bad. I found a guy on here with a NOS one, so when I get the playfield swap done, I will have the used one left over. I guess Southpark NOS playfields are rare.

#754 4 years ago

Is there a special bracket that mounts the South Park disclaimer sign on top of the box?

I don't see any pretty drilled holes in mine like I had for mounting Cartman.
What are people doing for the sign mounting?

I've seen the amazing 3d printed holder and led lit sign/characters which I'd love to do someday.

#755 4 years ago

There are brackets holding the sign & a screw from inside the back box holding Cartman.
20190707_191251 (resized).jpg20190707_191251 (resized).jpg20190707_191414 (resized).jpg20190707_191414 (resized).jpg

#756 4 years ago

Shout out to latenite04.
Hankeys hand arrived and was doing the royal wave.
Thank you!

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Shout out to latenite04.
Hankeys hand arrived and was doing the royal wave.
Thank you!

Did you glue it?

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

There are brackets holding the sign & a screw from inside the back box holding Cartman.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the info hawkeyexx. Didn't even consider some simple L brackets. I was envisioning something far too complicated.

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from mooshue:

Thank you for the info hawkeyexx. Didn't even consider some simple L brackets. I was envisioning something far too complicated.

Your welcome. I'm always happy to help with my SP. Most everyone is not a fan of this pin but it's a fun pin in our house.

#760 4 years ago

Got my Hankey arm yesterday in the mail.. Looks great! Thanks hawkeyexx!!!

Todd

Added over 5 years ago:

edit: I mean thanks latenite04!

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from TG:

Got my Hankey arm yesterday in the mail.. Looks great! Thanks hawkeyexx!!!
Todd

latenite04 is the person who made Mr Hankey arm. Your welcome for the photos I posted. Anyone use glue to hold the new arm?

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Anyone use glue to hold the new arm?

I drilled a hole in mr hankey just big enough for the wire to fit and about 1/4 inch deep. I used a few drops of super glue to hold mine.

#763 4 years ago

Got mine in the mail! Thank you sir!!

To make Mr. Hankey stay up so I can drill into him, I'm assuming there is a coil test in the settings?

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Got mine in the mail! Thank you sir!!
To make Mr. Hankey stay up so I can drill into him, I'm assuming there is a coil test in the settings?

In the coil test coil #6 is the latch that holds him down. You can probably also just push the plate from the top of the tank with a long flat screwdriver. I pulled my playfield forward so the supports were resting on the lockdown bar and I had enough room to drill.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

In the coil test coil #6 is the latch that holds him down. You can probably also just push the plate from the top of the tank with a long flat screwdriver. I pulled my playfield forward so the supports were resting on the lockdown bar and I had enough room to drill.

Awesome, I'll try that!

#766 4 years ago

Thanks Latenight!
The Mr.Hankey arm is perfect. I drilled a hole above the original arm and super glued it in. I'm getting more familiar with the diagnostic systems on this, my first pinball, machine.
I had to "push" down on my Mr. Hankey in test mode to get him to pop up in test mode. From there, he popped twice during regular game play and then stayed stuck in the tank. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and please remember that I'm new at this. Thanks again! Great club!
Irish Pat

#767 4 years ago

The spring that pushes him up is either junk or installed upside down.
I have first hand experience with both
Spring is available from marco

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

latenite04 is the person who made Mr Hankey arm. Your welcome for the photos I posted. Anyone use glue to hold the new arm?

Whoops! Sorry about that latenite04. YOU are the one to thank!

Todd

#769 4 years ago

Anyone have hankey getting stupid in the up position? Seems hes getting hung up on the toilet lid for some reason. Not all the time but often enough that it's a pain in the ass to pull the glass down and get him back in.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from TG:

Whoops! Sorry about that latenite04. YOU are the one to thank!
Todd

No problem, glad I could lend a hand.

Quoted from mooshue:

Anyone have hankey getting stupid in the up position? Seems hes getting hung up on the toilet lid for some reason. Not all the time but often enough that it's a pain in the ass to pull the glass down and get him back in.

Post a few pictures of it and see if anyone can spot the problem.

#771 4 years ago

That was supposed to say Hankey getting stuck in the up position. Here's a pic of the part holding hankey on getting hung up on top of the toilet lid. Perhaps the bracket isn't on correctly.

20190715_192036 (resized).jpg20190715_192036 (resized).jpg
#772 4 years ago
Quoted from mooshue:

That was supposed to say Hankey getting stuck in the up position. Here's a pic of the part holding hankey on getting hung up on top of the toilet lid. Perhaps the bracket isn't on correctly.[quoted image]

That screw at the top isn't supposed to be there. Mr hankey is just mounted with two screws at the bottom of the bracket.20190715_225431 (resized).jpg20190715_225431 (resized).jpg

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

the first 2 molds are done, taking over to get tested today. (cartman hole and lane repair)
our plan for the kenny hole is a thin molded part to cover the hole area, inside and out and the ramp part in back.
the reason for full coverage is so the wood will not continue to flake and chip away below top PF.
we are also planning to add side ribs that would act as opto protector.
drawing up the kenny part now!
as far as i know nothing is available for the inside of the hole. the cliffy parts are great but would of need to be installed on a pin before the wear and chipping. these parts should bring all those beat up south parks back to life.
planning on molding all in blue

Any update on a Kenny part? The cartman and inlane pieces have been great! I havent tried the metal fix you sent me yet, right now im using some blue duct tape to protect that area haha

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

The spring that pushes him up is either junk or installed upside down.
I have first hand experience with both
Spring is available from marco

Does anyone have any pictures and/or advise as to how to take apart the Mr. Hankey mechanism to access the coil to check/replace the spring. I'm new at this and don't want to screw it up as we really like the machine. Thanks.

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from IrishPat:

Does anyone have any pictures and/or advise as to how to take apart the Mr. Hankey mechanism to access the coil to check/replace the spring. I'm new at this and don't want to screw it up as we really like the machine. Thanks.

The whole mech drops out from the bottom. I think it is 4 screws that holds the bracket and 2 molex plugs. I just changed mine out because he was not retracting far enough to latch. I replaced the spring and the coil sleeve and all is good now.

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Took an additional 3hrs of adjusting the latch on Mr. Hankey, but she's fine now.

Sorry to bother you. I seem to be having a similar problem with my Mr, Hankey and went looking for help in older posts. Do you remember what you did to adjust the latch? I can get mine to pop up in test mode only after pressing down on him when activating. Then he'll work a few times and get stuck.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

That screw at the top isn't supposed to be there. Mr hankey is just mounted with two screws at the bottom of the bracket.[quoted image]

Thank you. Works great without that screw.
Looks like in addition to missing arms hankey also had a screw in his head that didn't belong. Perhaps the upper screw was torn too badly and a prior owner improvised poorly.

#778 4 years ago

While installing my new hankey arms, I found one of the original broken way back in the corner of the pin. Drilled out a hole for the new and rigged up the og. Hopefully they stay intact. So far looks great.

Thanks again Latenite

20190719_124543 (resized).jpg20190719_124543 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#779 4 years ago

Why is it that the right arm always breaks?

#780 4 years ago

Must be hitting something.......

#781 4 years ago

Yeah, there isn't much there to hit.

#782 4 years ago

Guess it's doing it on every pin because the left arm is missing.......I will get my glued soon. I have been busy doing repairs on a Jurassic Park I purchased over 2 years ago. Buying a used pin is like buying a used car ....the salesman tells you it was just checked over. You get it home find out that's not what was advertised

#783 4 years ago

No NIB here.
I feel your pain.

#784 4 years ago

South Park was the first pin that I owned; while there were times that it used to drive me absolutely crazy when things would go wrong, I really enjoyed trying to figure out why those things would happen and then go about fixing and repairing them. There was no greater feeling than finding and resolving a problem, and I also learned a great deal about pinball repair from that pin. I no longer own SP (I sold it a couple of months ago for much more than I bought it for!), but I wouldn't trade the time I owned it for anything in the world.

#785 4 years ago

I have been meaning to share this for a while now but been too lazy. I added a shaker motor to my South Park and it works pretty well. I’m using a Stern shaker motor, (2) 5V relays, (2) Flash to Solid Boards from Tim’s Pinball Mods and a 5V transformer. Total spent is around $150. In hindsight, I would only need (1) relay and (1) Flash to solid board so this would have saved some money (more on that later).
The shaker is activated when the pop bumpers are hit or more specifically, when the Yellow Flasher near the pop bumpers goes on.
Sorry I am not providing a wiring diagram for what I did but I’ll explain these photos the best I can. I am not going to explain how to wire a relay or what they do but the Flash to Solid board will take an input from a flashing lamp and convert it to a solid signal. This way you can tap into a flashing lamp (in this case the yellow flasher near the pop bumpers) and the board will send out a solid “trigger” to the 5V relay. The 5V relay is wired to the Shaker Motor. The 5V transformer provides power to all these components including the shaker motor. The cabinet’s 115V source for the transformer is the black & white molex connector located right in front of the big transformer. Not sure what this is meant for but it was very convenient. I placed the motor in the middle of the cabinet and not in it’s typical space because it was a tight fit. This is probably not a good idea because the bottom of the cabinet shakes too much now. I’ll have to re-do this. Also, I used two flash to solid boards and two relays to tap into both the Yellow and Red flashers but this proved to be too much. The shaker was going off all the time and I didn’t like it so I disconnected the connection to the Red flasher and like the effect now.
If I did this again I would obviously only need 1 relay and 1 flash to solid and I would move the shaker to it’s typical location.
I hope this helps anyone who may want to try this.

SPshaker4 (resized).jpgSPshaker4 (resized).jpgSPshaker2 (resized).jpgSPshaker2 (resized).jpgSPshaker3 (resized).jpgSPshaker3 (resized).jpgSPshaker1 (resized).jpgSPshaker1 (resized).jpg
#786 4 years ago

Nice job. I assume the same setup could be used to add a shaker to any machine?

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Nice job. I assume the same setup could be used to add a shaker to any machine?

Yes it can

1 week later
#788 4 years ago

I have a bunch of friends over for pinball and of course it acts up.

It's shooting two balls into the shooter lane every time. What can I do about this?

#789 4 years ago

It's shooting two balls into the shooter lane every time. What can I do about this?

If you have your manual I would perform a switch test. Something is telling the pin to load 2 balls in the shooter lane.

#790 4 years ago

check that the optical board in the through is clean and tight as well. And check it for cold solder joints. My TSPP was doing the same thing when I bought it, actually got it cheaper because of that. The only issue was that the Optical board was barely screwed on, i tightened the screws and I havent had an issue since.

#791 4 years ago

My South Park has been my test subject for everything I’m doing. I grabbed a $5 can of paint and tried my hand at changing the color. It’s not perfect by any means, but it looks pretty good over all. I still have to do the side rails. The non perfect paint job blends in with the crappy side art condition lol

B4FA11F9-59B2-420A-962E-668D838621D4 (resized).jpegB4FA11F9-59B2-420A-962E-668D838621D4 (resized).jpeg
#792 4 years ago

Actually, it turned out to be a pinball that was slightly the wrong size. It was moving through the trough slowly and causing it to kick out an extra ball.

It's my own stupid fault, I'd forgotten about this ball and it had caused problems in my Pirates chest lock also. I'd grabbed a handful of decent looking old balls while some newer ones came in and it was in the grab. :/

#793 4 years ago

Actually, it turned out to be a pinball that was slightly the wrong size. It was moving through the trough slowly and causing it to kick out an extra ball.
It's my own stupid fault, I'd forgotten about this ball and it had caused problems in my Pirates chest lock also. I'd grabbed a handful of decent looking old balls while some newer ones came in and it was in the grab. :/

Nice! glad you figured it out quickly and cheaply

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

My South Park has been my test subject for everything I’m doing. I grabbed a $5 can of paint and tried my hand at changing the color. It’s not perfect by any means, but it looks pretty good over all. I still have to do the side rails. The non perfect paint job blends in with the crappy side art condition lol[quoted image]

I like it! I'd worry that spray paint would damage easily over time though. You have me considering a powder coat of the same color though!

#795 4 years ago

I like it! I'd worry that spray paint would damage easily over time though. You have me considering a powder coat of the same color though!

ive thought about getting it done, but for $5 i just did it myself to see how i like it. If i got it powdered in the future it will get sandblasted off anyway lol. I just wish i was a more patient painter. I want it done NOW haha

#796 4 years ago

Just curious, has anyone payed for a playfield swap for this machine here? I'm wondering how much it would cost.

#797 4 years ago

New playfield just appeared on ebay for $1000

#798 4 years ago

Yeah, I was wondering how much it usually costs to have someone put it in for this game.

1 week later
#799 4 years ago

Tonight I decided to try my hand at DIY stadium lights. I’ve always wanted them, but felt they are a bit too pricey. I looked up some stuff online and headed to Home Depot. For $39 these are my results. Not as customizable but they do a pretty good job. I just need to wire them into the GI now.

A62C6799-CFB0-4ED1-8DCD-C5A3EAB151AE (resized).jpegA62C6799-CFB0-4ED1-8DCD-C5A3EAB151AE (resized).jpeg9810B057-0165-4E5E-B3DF-CC1170A71587 (resized).jpeg9810B057-0165-4E5E-B3DF-CC1170A71587 (resized).jpeg
#800 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Tonight I decided to try my hand at DIY stadium lights. I’ve always wanted them, but felt they are a bit too pricey. I looked up some stuff online and headed to Home Depot. For $39 these are my results. Not as customizable but they do a pretty good job. I just need to wire them into the GI now.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, it HAS to wire into the GI or it will completely take away from killing Kenny.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Boards
PinSound

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/16?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.