image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
20240206_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6732 (resized).jpg
IMG_6731 (resized).jpg
20240205_151822 (resized).jpg
20240123_133641 (resized).jpg
There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 33.
#501 5 years ago

The southpark sign insert is way to dim, even with an LED bulb. I'm going to be experimenting with some multi flex LED's. anyone have any luck getting this to light up better?

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

The southpark sign insert is way to dim, even with an LED bulb. I'm going to be experimenting with some multi flex LED's. anyone have any luck getting this to light up better?

Try 4smd comet bulb.

#503 5 years ago

I tried rigging up 3 orange flex bulbs in the sign insert. It looks better but I’m still not satisfied.

I’m thinking that I might add additional sockets for the volcano and the South Park sign and use the 4 SMD bulbs or double flex bulbs in each socket.

Can anyone tell me if there are two different brightness settings for the volcano and South Park sign? It seems as if there is varying brightness at different points of gameplay for these inserts and they look terrible when they’re not bright

21EF69DB-F72E-4A86-BA54-781EC6CB17E5 (resized).jpeg21EF69DB-F72E-4A86-BA54-781EC6CB17E5 (resized).jpeg

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Try 4smd comet bulb.

You have to super bright with those brown inserts. I think I used the 4 smd in mine. Lit up pretty well.
Note if you use double flex, you have remove the entire socket mount. The dual lamps do not fit up through the plastic cut out.

1 week later
#505 5 years ago

What is this ramp hole for? I found this image on ipdb. My ramp has the same hole with a hole in the playfield directly below. Am I missing something?

25AD3353-8B84-416A-9A63-C4E96B090B99 (resized).jpeg25AD3353-8B84-416A-9A63-C4E96B090B99 (resized).jpeg
#506 5 years ago

Allows you to get screwdriver through to adjust out lane post.

2 weeks later
#507 5 years ago

New member to the SP pinball owners club here! Picked up a nice machine over the weekend. Already had to do some solder work / adjustment on the Kenny optos as phantom hits were registering.... Soon will be cleaning / giving the LED treatment then it will go into my gameroom! Quick question to other owners.... The roms it has currently has the carpet munching mini game. I'd like to convert it back to stock. Anyone know which roms I need to do so? I'd rather have it set up and playing like I remember BITD. Currently it seems to be missing some game sounds etc with the current rom.

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from mschwartz01:

New member to the SP pinball owners club here! Picked up a nice machine over the weekend. Already had to do some solder work / adjustment on the Kenny optos as phantom hits were registering.... Soon will be cleaning / giving the LED treatment then it will go into my gameroom! Quick question to other owners.... The roms it has currently has the carpet munching mini game. I'd like to convert it back to stock. Anyone know which roms I need to do so? I'd rather have it set up and playing like I remember BITD. Currently it seems to be missing some game sounds etc with the current rom.

Congrats on the pickup!
I can help you get the current roms. The carpet munching and profanity roms are older prototype roms and are missing some things.
my listings have the rom info to compare what you might already have, and of course you can PM with any questions.

https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/south-park-pinball-rom-upgrade/
or pinside shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1083-matt-s-basement-arcade/01660-south-park-pinball-rom-upgrade

#509 5 years ago

Successful weekend with South Park... Shopped and changed all lights to LED including the tube in the backbox... Quick question about the shooter rod of all things.... I've only owned system 11 pins and older in the past. When the shooter rod starts to underperform, I would simply replace the sleeve new tip and springs... Well the South Park shooter rod really sucks... Lots of resistance on the pull and the release. I took it apart to replace the usuals and its different. Looking at the manual it shows bushings instead of the sleeve that I am used to. Anyone have any tips on how to get the shooter rod in top functioning shape?

#510 5 years ago

Just wanted to report back, I took the shooter rod out last night and cleaned it / hit it with steel wool. Then I took Qtips with rubbing alcohol and cleaned the brass sleeves that the rod goes through. Who knew those could get so dirty! After making sure it was dry, I put it all back together and its now shooting the ball much much better. No drag!

#511 5 years ago

Just paid for a SP yesterday. Waiting on the check to clear and then Fast Eddie will be over to deliver the machine.

Can't wait to show it off! It is in fantastic condition.

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Just paid for a SP yesterday. Waiting on the check to clear and then Fast Eddie will be over to deliver the machine.
Can't wait to show it off! It is in fantastic condition.

Nice....enjoy killing Kenny

1 week later
#513 5 years ago

I posted this on the other thread a while back, but after reading through this one a bit again I'm reposting it here.
I bought the Pinstadium system for my South Park machine and the difference is night and day. I highly suggest it.

#514 5 years ago

Has anyone used the Rock Custom Pinball backbox and under cab lights for this machine?
I'm seriously considering it. The more lights the better!

1 week later
#515 5 years ago

javagrind888, what options did you choose when ordering? I know there are like 3 options that would cost more, one being GI. I would like to hook my South Park up as well. I already got the color DMD. Also, could you clue me in on where you piggy backed the power from? Also, with this mod, would you bother replacing all the other lights with LEDS? Let me know. Thanks!

#516 5 years ago

I would ALWAYS replace all the lights with LED's. I like my machines to pop.
I just got the GI set with the UV glow flashers. Power just hooks up to your service outlet. There are two sets of alligator clips, one you hook up to any light that stays on all the time, the other you hook up to the flasher you want. I believe I hooked mine up to the back flashers. I can confirm and give you pics if you need.

I highly recommend getting your side blades first though. The mountain side blades from Gameblades are awesome. I just adhered the pinstadium lights to those.

#517 5 years ago

Just got a southpark. Noticed this issue with Kenny. He works fine in test, will lay forward in kill Kenny coil test and all that. In game play ussualy does not lay down, but occasional he does. Super strange because always works in test. Any ideas? Updated rom? Not sure where to start

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Just got a southpark. Noticed this issue with Kenny. He works fine in test, will lay forward in kill Kenny coil test and all that. In game play ussualy does not lay down, but occasional he does. Super strange because always works in test. Any ideas? Updated rom? Not sure where to start

You probably need to take the mechanism apart, clean the old grease off the pivot points and apply some new grease. Mine was similar when I got it and after cleaning and new grease, he has been rock solid. Replace the bulbs in him while you are at it, they are almost always broken.

#519 5 years ago

He only lays down when you kill him

#520 5 years ago

Well I could kill him and he would not lay down. So did some more looking. It was the switch in the trough under Kenny. You can kill him with the optos but he won't lay down unless the ball rolls over that trough switch. Adjust and done!

#521 5 years ago

Question for you guys, have any of you replaced the bushings on the shooter assembly? I was able to pop mine out last night, very easily, and i cleaned them and the assembly because it was very gunky. Now the front bushing falls out from time to time. I assume these are just worn out and I need to replace them? or should i just replace the assembly itself?

Also, I saw on the market place the other day, a speaker panel overlay for SP, then i went to buy one and its gone. Who makes this?

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Also, I saw on the market place the other day, a speaker panel overlay for SP, then i went to buy one and its gone. Who makes this?

Is this the decal you were looking for?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-bright-lights-pinball/01863-south-park-speaker-panel-decal

#524 5 years ago

Nice! I'm probably going to order one of those.

#525 5 years ago

I'm shopping 3 southparks. One ramp behind Kenny is broke. Anyone know a source or have a good used one for sale?

#526 5 years ago

Ok looking for some feed back on this idea. I’ve owned 5 southparks and every one has beat up Kenny hole, cartman hole and the right inlane drop has tons wear. So I took it upon myself to design some hole protector/repair fix it parts.
Here is what I got and it fits and works.
Now these are cnc cut models but I own a tooling Shop and can build molds for this stuff pretty fast. Models are in black but molded can be any color. Also have a compete thin part designed to drop into the Kenny hole and it has side ribs that double as opto protectors.

27E2A3E6-5C4A-44C4-9E7B-0D0EF0FB6331 (resized).jpeg27E2A3E6-5C4A-44C4-9E7B-0D0EF0FB6331 (resized).jpeg36AD8F61-58A1-4914-B7B4-A26E320D0CAB (resized).jpeg36AD8F61-58A1-4914-B7B4-A26E320D0CAB (resized).jpeg96F8CBDF-20D2-4216-841E-9B3A91E8A365 (resized).jpeg96F8CBDF-20D2-4216-841E-9B3A91E8A365 (resized).jpeg9CB20B7A-24BB-4F44-9FAD-725D3FCDE794 (resized).jpeg9CB20B7A-24BB-4F44-9FAD-725D3FCDE794 (resized).jpegF0188758-69D8-4EBF-9EBC-251E0AE104C0 (resized).jpegF0188758-69D8-4EBF-9EBC-251E0AE104C0 (resized).jpeg
#527 5 years ago

If you can make those any color and they cost less than a cliffy I'm sure peeps will place orders from you.
Awesome looking job.

#528 5 years ago

Well I don’t and won’t compete with cliff. I know him and he’s a great guy. These are just parts he don’t make and are to repair the extream wear. The Kenny hole part I designed is amazing. Stay tuned

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Ok looking for some feed back on this idea. I’ve owned 5 southparks and every one has beat up Kenny hole, cartman hole and the right inlane drop has tons wear. So I took it upon myself to design some hole protector/repair fix it parts.
Here is what I got and it fits and works.
Now these are cnc cut models but I own a tooling Shop and can build molds for this stuff pretty fast. Models are in black but molded can be any color. Also have a compete thin part designed to drop into the Kenny hole and it has side ribs that double as opto protectors. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would love to pick up a set if possible!

Have you looked into designing a similar protector for the Chef hole?

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

I would love to pick up a set if possible!
Have you looked into designing a similar protector for the Chef hole?

can ya, my plan is to start with the lane repair parts and cartman hole then do the kenny hole and to start looking at other titles that are prone to have issues in areas like this.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

can ya, my plan is to start with the lane repair parts and cartman hole then do the kenny hole and to start looking at other titles that are prone to have issues in areas like this.

Put me on your waiting list for when they become public!

#533 5 years ago

i want a set! I reached out to cliffy a while back, but hes extremely busy with orders. My table is getting more and more damaged as i play, so i need something sooner rather than later!

#534 5 years ago

PM sent i need one for Terrance

#535 5 years ago

I’d also like a set of them... my ply field has minimal wear and I really want to keep it looking pretty

#536 5 years ago

A few questions:

1. I just rebuilt my flippers a few months ago, game was playing fine, then last night the right flipper felt weak/slow, then it started sticking. I havent had a chance to look at it yet. Probably too tight?

2. Does your audio come out of both speakers? Mine is only coming out of the left speaker. I replaced the right speaker and its still not coming out of it. I checked the wiring and it seems to be fine, but it just doesnt come out.

3. Are there release notes/fixes for each version of the ROMs available? I want to see if anything was fixed/changed from the version i am running.

#537 5 years ago

i want a set! I reached out to cliffy a while back, but hes extremely busy with orders. My table is getting more and more damaged as i play, so i need something sooner rather than later!

the cliffy stuff is tip top, but does not protect the inside radius and wall section of the pf wood going down into the hole.
this product is not intended to compete with cliff in any way, more of a way to fix a bad hole and prevent more wood chipping.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

the cliffy stuff is tip top, but does not protect the inside radius and wall section of the pf wood going down into the hole.
this product is not intended to compete with cliff in any way, more of a way to fix a bad hole and prevent more wood chipping.

Ill have to post a picture of my Cartman and Kenny holes and my return lanes. They are BEAT. i just need something to protect them

#539 5 years ago

A few questions:
1. I just rebuilt my flippers a few months ago, game was playing fine, then last night the right flipper felt weak/slow, then it started sticking. I havent had a chance to look at it yet. Probably too tight?
2. Does your audio come out of both speakers? Mine is only coming out of the left speaker. I replaced the right speaker and its still not coming out of it. I checked the wiring and it seems to be fine, but it just doesnt come out.
3. Are there release notes/fixes for each version of the ROMs available? I want to see if anything was fixed/changed from the version i am running.

1) When you lift up on the flipper bat, there should be a tiny bit of up and down movement. If not, readjust.
2) Yes. The backbox speakers are wired in series, so if one works its not a board issue. The wiring is in section 5 chapter 3 of the manual if you want to double-check it is correct.

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

1) When you lift up on the flipper bat, there should be a tiny bit of up and down movement. If not, readjust.
2) Yes. The backbox speakers are wired in series, so if one works its not a board issue. The wiring is in section 5 chapter 3 of the manual if you want to double-check it is correct.

Thanks, I took a look at the flipper again, and its working fine now. I think i have some power issue after the game is on for a while. I played for around an hour or so on Saturday night and never had the sticking issue again, so IDK what the problem was.

Thanks for the info on the speakers, ill take a look and see what the problem could be, I didnt rewire anything since i got, i just swapped in a new speaker, its possible the wiring isnt correct.

#541 5 years ago

Thanks, I took a look at the flipper again, and its working fine now. I think i have some power issue after the game is on for a while. I played for around an hour or so on Saturday night and never had the sticking issue again, so IDK what the problem was.
Thanks for the info on the speakers, ill take a look and see what the problem could be, I didnt rewire anything since i got, i just swapped in a new speaker, its possible the wiring isnt correct.

If you played it a lot, could be the coil heated up and started to sieze the pawl in the coil sleeve. Make sure your EOS is set properly although that sholdn't cause an overheat situation on a game as new as SP. Next time it happens, turn the game off and carefully touch the flipper coil to see if it is smoking hot.

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

If you played it a lot, could be the coil heated up and started to sieze the pawl in the coil sleeve. Make sure your EOS is set properly although that sholdn't cause an overheat situation on a game as new as SP. Next time it happens, turn the game off and carefully touch the flipper coil to see if it is smoking hot.

will do.

I checked the speaker and it wasnt wired correctly. Its working now, i replaced the one that was there before, and this one is crappy, but it works. Thanks for the heads up.

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Well I don’t and won’t compete with cliff. I know him and he’s a great guy. These are just parts he don’t make and are to repair the extream wear. The Kenny hole part I designed is amazing. Stay tuned

cant wait to see!

#544 5 years ago

Thats the one! Thanks!

How does this decal fit where the “Sega” recess is below the DMD?

From the picture it doesn’t look like they’ve accounted for this recessed area.

Does anyone have a picture of this installed?

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

The sega decal should come out

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

mine doesnt have the Sega logo. Mine is a Stern

#547 5 years ago

I played a lot this weekend. I eventually ran into the Right flipper sticking again. I didnt feel a lot of heat off of the coil, but when manually flipping the mech, it seemed like it was getting stuck in the sleeve. I played again the next morning and it was fine, so i guess it is overheating, ill have to look into that some more.

Now to air my grievances again about this game. I HATE this thing so much sometimes. Changing Difficulty in the main menu does nothing. Anytime the ball gets close to an outlane, guess where its going. Half the time I make it up the stan ramp it will either hit the rail and and come back down, or it will skip over the switch which then gives me a Chef shot instead of a Stan shot. Oh and if I happen to need one more Stan shot, guess where the ball is going....you guessed it. Outlane.

Also, i seem to have a lot of backspin on the ball, which causes a lot of the drains. Sometimes it will come out of the left drop spin backwards and go out the out lane haha. Thats just a slap in the face. Maybe i dont have something setup right? I assume its just how it goes....

I really wish this code could be updated to save all the shots between balls. I know the game gets a bad rap for not having a complex ruleset, but to have to accomplish all of that on a single ball, its hard, and its becoming less and less fun. if the game save shots i think it would be more fun.

I have reached Spooky Vision 1 time. I have never seen Volcano mode other than when testing with the glass off.

/rant.

#548 5 years ago

I HATE this thing so much sometimes.

It is funny how such a simple rule set can be difficult to accomplish for an average player.
I too get frustrated. I have made it to spooky vision once and I have owned the game since July.
I think by the time I get good at it I will be tired of it.

The call outs are always funny and if you are looking to bang some balls and have some fun, it is easier just to go for multiball a couple of times and enjoy the game for what it is.
/2 cents

#549 5 years ago

It's my wife's favorite machine because of the simplicity. It always gets tons of plays with guests too

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

It is funny how such a simple rule set can be difficult to accomplish for an average player.

No kidding. I think that's why the Stan, Chef, and Kyle shots don't save from ball-to-ball; it's to compensate for the relative simple rule set. Think about it; if you had every shot save, then this game would be way too easy, and everyone would get tired of it very quickly, and bash it even more. I've owned this game since 2004, and I FINALLY accomplished the Volcano for the first time about a week ago! (Not that I play this game every day, but still...)

Quoted from javagrind888:

It's my wife's favorite machine because of the simplicity. It always gets tons of plays with guests too

I have experienced this with guests as well; everyone seems to like the theme, the callouts are great and make everyone laugh. And for all of the grief this game gets from the better pinball players, it's very popular with the general public and gets lots of plays and probably made some decent coin, and that's what pin companies and distributors are in business for, no?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 1,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-club-come-on-in/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.