Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I know the video mode for SP exists and the ROMs too, but I can't seem to find any info/images on it. Any help would be fantastic!!

#2 11 years ago

I just sold one that did that.

#3 11 years ago

Well, I dont have a video camera and cant really draw it for you but Cartman and a lesbian are munching carpet in a race and you have to hit the flippers real fast to get him across the finish line first. Its not a sure thing either. That lesbian really knows her way around a double-woven shag.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Well, I dont have a video camera and cant really draw it for you

I'm guessing it's NSFW?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Well, I dont have a video camera and cant really draw it for you but Cartman and a lesbian are munching carpet in a race and you have to hit the flippers real fast to get him across the finish line first. Its not a sure thing either. That lesbian really knows her way around a double-woven shag.

ROFL I bet she does.

#6 11 years ago

Woah.....I've owned South Park for about 3 months now and I've never heard about this???

Any more info?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I know the video mode for SP exists and the ROMs too, but I can't seem to find any info/images on it. Any help would be fantastic!!

Carpet Munching Mode. Played on the DMD. Very much NSFW. Also, same Eprom load has lot's of swearing call outs and other "offensive" modes.

I've heard that Comedy Central demanded this version of the roms be removed and no longer offered, but I think you can still get the roms, legally, on the net @ storefronts.

-j

#8 11 years ago

You are looking for the "Profanity" roms....

A quick Google Search turned this up.....

http://www.actionpinball.com/cgi-bin/romorder.cgi?name=SP090

If they won't work you can always contact John Wart Jr. - He is my "go to" rom guy and a class act too!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

There was a South Park at the MGC that had these early ROMs on it still. They started shipping them this way and then stopped when the complaints rolled in. We were playing the South Park with Joe Balcer who worked on the game and he was very surprised that they were in there.

#10 11 years ago

To clarify, the race is Cartman versus Stan. They're competing to see who's the bigger lesbian, so as to impress Ms. Ellen. You play as Stan.

I's very entertaining.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

To clarify, the race is Cartman versus Stan

Thank you for clarifying that mrbilli, I am always too busy on the flippers to notice it is actually Stan he is racing. Guess I should look a little closer next time I play. I had heard that the SouthPark guys wanted to use these roms but theres no way the game could be put on route with them in. Hilarious.

#12 11 years ago

Awwww man, I SO need these roms!

#13 11 years ago

The prototype ROMS are available on IPDB.

#14 11 years ago

I had SP with both versions. While they had a couple extra swear words, the only one I remember that was notably added was bitch I believe. The light sequence for the bowl flushing is much more impressive on the standard roms. The carpet munching video mode was great, but did become stale quickly, the game played better with the standard roms IMO. The profanity roms are expensive too. If I had SP again, I would stick with the standard roms, profanity roms were disappointing.

3 weeks later
#15 11 years ago

I have the orig Sega version. Maybe even willing to sell. I can try to get a good video of the carpet munching for ya when I get the chance!

#16 11 years ago

As quick as Comedy Central wanted them out, some games did get shipped with them. Or someone at the factory made a few available.

And as quick as it happened, there is two or three different variations of ROM revisions. The earliest had a little more swearing, and lessened as they were changed.

I'd gotten the earliest set from a seller in Iowa many years ago when he posted them for sale on RGP. ( I no longer have them, they went with the game )

LTG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX
Boards
PinSound
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-carpet-licking-video-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.