Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
South Park Bonkers

Letter received on Monday September 19th 2016.

Monday September 19th 2016

Lloyd,

I have a sega southpark with a very bizarre issue,

When you power the game up all the lights and the marquis come on for about 5 seconds then the marquis goes out and the play field lights go out, here is the bizarre part if you open the coin door the play field lights come back on and the marquee comes on after a few seconds the marquee goes back out but the play field lights stay on, the game will play and the sounds works just no marquee. there are no error messages that come up on the marquee that I have seen game name is displayed clear and there is no fading on the display.

So far I have checked the 4 bridge rectifiers on the I/O power Driver Board.they measure 499 to 590

All fuses, Re soldered all the cable connections to verify there were no cold solder joints

Checked the 2 ceramic power resistors on the display power supply board. both check to value

Cleaned all the board pins and connectors.

inspected all the caps and resistors do not see any that look burnt or blown.

Checked all the ribbon cables for continunity all checked good.

Game does have the Profanity chip set installed.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kenny

Hi Kenny

First thing I think of is the harness for the coin door. Any shorts or broken wires inside it you can't see ?

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-park-bonkers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.