Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by freddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a Swords of Fury that needs a little attention. One of the flippers is not working and I believe it to be wire matrix related, also the game glitches out because of matrix error codes in test mode. I can physically see/find whats going on. Anyone with experience who is close by and has time to help would be appreciated! please PM me!

#2 10 years ago

Check your diodes first, then check ohms across the flipper coil. If that is okay, If the flipper moves freely, the voltages are correct on the coil, and your EOS is adjusted properly, but it still does not fire, and you have continuity between your cabinet button and your MPU with ground, then it could be a bad flipper enable relay, otherwise you'd see other coils/switches that share that line on the switch/coil matrix malfunctioning/misbehaving as well. Continuity check will quickly give you an answer there. And if it is the line on the switch matrix, it is probably just a bad 2n3906 that got shorted out on one of the two matrix chains. Isolate whether it is just your cabinet switch first.

#3 10 years ago

Ok... I will check it out. Are cabinet button switches a known issue?

2 weeks later
#4 10 years ago

Any luck with this yet? They can get dirty, you can clean the contacts with a business card/card stock. Don't use any cleaner or anything though, think of it like sanding.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Any luck with this yet? They can get dirty, you can clean the contacts with a business card/card stock. Don't use any cleaner or anything though, think of it like sanding.

The switch contacts at the left flipper button appear to have a little corrosion but have good open and close action as much as the right one. Should I use a small fine steel abraisive cleaning tool?

I pulled the interconnect board to reflow all solder joints and eliminate it as a culprit. Also the pf gi connector on the board had fried so I repaired that too.

#6 10 years ago

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index1.html check out this site see if it helps

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-jersey-pinball-techbuddy-required-for-system-11-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.