(Topic ID: 78442)

South Jersey / Philadelphia area Pinsider Club?

By Nemesis

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nemesis
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SJ Pin logo.png
    #1 10 years ago

There are a bunch of us on here from the area, but no official club that I can see. It would be nice to be able to meet up with folks and make friends with people who have collections to be able to try different games on occasion and have fun tournaments and just talk pinball. Who's in?

#2 10 years ago

We have the South Jersey PInball league down here in Somers Point, NJ - not really a club but we will be doing another league starting next month

#3 10 years ago

I was going to mention the South Jersey League too, but Ken beat me to it.

#4 10 years ago

thats atlantic county though... from philly nj burb areas thats like almost an hour away, no different than the north jersey leagues

#5 10 years ago

I'm in! I live in DE, however, my office is in Bridgeport, NJ. DE has a really small pinball community, I wish there was a pinball arcade near me. I went to the Pinball Gallery in Downingtown, PA an hour and a half away. I took my family, we had a great time there. The place is clean, pins worked great, it met my expectations without a doubt. I highly recommended any pinheads to go there. Ever since then, I have been dreaming to have a arcade myself. However, I believe pin gallery won't make it here. I'm thinking a really good Italian deli/hoagie shop with pins in it... Anyway, I'm going off the topic. Count me in!

Fusion you have the best pin logo ever! The jersey pin devil is badass. Your logo looks like it should be on a back on a biker's gang jacket.

SJ Pin logo.pngSJ Pin logo.png
    #6 10 years ago

the south jersey league is really a great time!

#7 10 years ago

I'm in Central N.J. and drive to Philly about 2-4 times a month
    Would dig dropping in and meeting the crew

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

There are a bunch of us on here from the area, but no official club that I can see. It would be nice to be able to meet up with folks and make friends with people who have collections to be able to try different games on occasion and have fun tournaments and just talk pinball. Who's in?

There are regular pinball league tournaments at Pincrossing in Linfield PA and at Pinball Gallery in Downingtown PA.

https://www.facebook.com/Pincrossing

https://www.facebook.com/pinballgallery

RussMyers

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

from philly nj burb areas thats like almost an hour away

Which i happily drive for the 8 weeks we play. However i would be interested in something closer as well, if i ever get a few more games I was thinking of trying to start my own thing possibly.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for the Heads Up on Pincrossing Russ. Its an Hour away but Im gonna check it out.

#11 10 years ago

I know of both those places, but they are 30 miles out of philly, and 50 miles out of south jersey. I am looking for people with collections either in Philly or real near by or south jersey. 25 mile radius, 30 minute commute tops. Its not fun driving 1hr plus for anything I did a quick search on pinside and found maybe 5 people in jersey that match that criteria but i was hoping people who were on here would know someone who was in south jersey but not on pinside, idk?

Not atlantic county, not North Jersey, not Allentown or Downington lol! If you are passed Hammonton or Winslow your over 25 miles out from Philly/Cherry Hill.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from MagicMako:

Which i happily drive for the 8 weeks we play. However i would be interested in something closer as well, if i ever get a few more games I was thinking of trying to start my own thing possibly.

This. +1

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

I know of both those places, but they are 30 miles out of philly, and 50 miles out of south jersey. I am looking for people with collections either in Philly or real near by or south jersey. 25 mile radius, 30 minute commute tops. Its not fun driving 1hr plus for anything I did a quick search on pinside and found maybe 5 people in jersey that match that criteria but i was hoping people who were on here would know someone who was in south jersey but not on pinside, idk?
    Not atlantic county, not North Jersey, not Allentown or Downington lol! If you are passed Hammonton or Winslow your over 25 miles out from Philly/Cherry Hill.

I was just starting one in Philly. I f you want to collectively start and promote one, PM me.

#14 10 years ago

There are two leagues in the north west Burbs of Philly. One on Wednesdays @ Pincrossing/Railroad Street Bar and the other on Thursdays @ The Pinball Gallery in Downingtown. Both locations are on the pinside map and offer an excellent lineup of machines and players.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from RussMyers:

There are regular pinball league tournaments at Pincrossing in Linfield PA and at Pinball Gallery in Downingtown PA.
    https://www.facebook.com/Pincrossing
    https://www.facebook.com/pinballgallery
    RussMyers

Sorry Russ. In skimming the thread I missed your post. But yeah, these places rock!

2 weeks later
    #16 10 years ago

I'm in burlington county nj and Unfortunately in the middle of everything but at least 50 miles from 8 on the break and pin crossing and the pinball gallery and somersault point, but I'm down with whatever club people want to form.

#17 10 years ago

Count me in as someone who'd like to figure something out in Philly proper. I'd host, but with just one WWFRR and a mini digital cab wedged in the corner of my bedroom... I'm hoping someone else has a better idea.

#18 10 years ago

I was supposed to post a club thread this weekend. I wasn't able to due to a deal I was working on that produced a very nice Shadow that I picked up in Ohio this weekend. At least we've gained a new pin to play! I guess it wouldn't hurt to post it any way. I'll do so today.

#19 10 years ago

I'd be all for this.

#20 10 years ago

I spy a Cherry Hill guy ^ :O

1 month later
    #21 10 years ago

BTW to all the locals, take a look at my collection. All of my games may be potentially available for trade for something on my wish list. I am not sure if my lineup and your wishlist line up or not but its worth a shot. I got BDK, SoF, T2, Stargate.

#22 10 years ago

In Mercer County here.

#23 10 years ago

I'm in hillsborough(8 miles north of princeton). 8 on the break has a league, but its wed and I work every wed.

#24 10 years ago

I know it has been said, but if you are close by check out the leagues in Downingtown and Limerick!

#25 10 years ago

i have no interest in a league or in competing, but i would be down for hanging out, playing pinball and shooting the breeze every now and then if some type of club gets organized...

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

...i would be down for hanging out, playing pinball and shooting the breeze every now and then if some type of club gets organized...

Sounds like league night!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from rudygulp42:

Sounds like league night!

then a "league" would likely work for me... i am a lousy player, but i have fun...

if this does come together, i would be willing to host an "em night" somewhere along the line... although a warning in advance, i have a pretty small space, and i have cats...

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

although a warning in advance, i have a pretty small space, and i have cats...

I'll bring the Fancy Feast.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

I'll bring the Fancy Feast.

you will quickly move high on the "cat acceptance list" if you make a fancy feast offering...

#30 10 years ago

Pinfest in Allentown wouldnt be a bad place for a first meet n greet...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-jersey-philadelphia-area-pinsider-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.