Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Kneissl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PANO_20131020_190255.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I'm moving to Charleston, what's the pinball scene like?

#2 10 years ago

Charleston is an awesome place....vacation there every year.....haven't seen any pinball, but haven't looked that hard...too busy eating seafood and enjoying the city itself....good luck w the move....( there is a moon pie shop in the market that sells every kind of bottled soda you can think of....Stewart's orange creme comes to mind...ahhhh).....put that w the chocolate moon pie and life is good......mark

#3 10 years ago

anyone on here living there?

#4 10 years ago

I think a member named Wolfmarsh does.

#5 10 years ago

Hey, I bought a TOTAN and a CONGO from charleston gamerooms in the last year. He's a local coin op. He has pins around town. I think his website is charlestongamerooms.com, maybe shoot him an email and he can tell you where they are located.

#6 10 years ago

I hear there are quite a few on loction there.

#7 10 years ago

As taylorva says, I live here in Charleston. There are a few players here, but nothing organized.

Feel free to message me or post questions here, ill do my best to answer any charleston related questions.

#8 10 years ago

Charleston is Awesome! The Wife's family lives on James Island...we go there every year for Thanksgiving. One of my favorite cities to visit

#9 10 years ago

i think you need to lighten your load before you travel. Fishtales is a very heavy pin. sending it to my house in NJ prior to your travel would make your move a lot easier. lol Jealous on your move tho. great place to live and/or visit. you may want to check The College of Charleston . they have a few buildings with typical college lounges and foosball, video games etc. cant recall pinball or not, but worth a look.

#10 10 years ago

Wolfmarsh, how many is a few? nothing organized.. no one ever hosts any pin parties?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Charleston is Awesome! The Wife's family lives on James Island...we go there every year for Thanksgiving. One of my favorite cities to visit

If you are ever interested in getting together for some pinball when you are here, let me know. We can meet somewhere or go to someone's house that has more games than me. Your 20 game collection would make me embarrassed to have you over.

Quoted from Kneissl:

Wolfmarsh, how many is a few? nothing organized.. no one ever hosts any pin parties?

I might just not be in their group yet.... There is an annual tourney at a local bar here run by some guys, but I've not seen anything else. Pinballbash.com is a site you will want to join, its got more active SC/NC/GA locals than pinside.

BadBrick, another pinsider, and I play together a lot. We work together also.

Are you moving for a job? Where will you be working?

I'd be totally down for participating in pin parties. Just let me know where to show up and when.

#12 10 years ago

No joy making an account on pinballbash.com I get an error after submitting.
    I believe i'll be working somewhere near the airport.
    you got a full range pin collection Wolfmarsh, better than a bunch of pat lawlor pins imo.

2 months later
    #13 10 years ago

all set up here.

PANO_20131020_190255.jpgPANO_20131020_190255.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/south-carolina and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.