(Topic ID: 197655)

Source of Polybius game myth discovered?

By ForceFlow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Spitfiren8
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4ED644B0-DEE5-4A6B-B910-BDDDD8F83CCA (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Interesting. I'll have to watch the video. I think it'd be hilarious if it was all fake. I've read lots of "first hand" stories of people getting sick after playing it and have even seen a couple cabs in the background of some of Todd Tuckey's videos, namely the one where the Cinemassacre guys went through his shop.

Would be kind of cool to do a Polybius MAME cabinet, though.

#12 6 years ago

hassellcastle - if the game is real, have him dump the rom online or have him meet with the maker of that documentary. I'm sure he'd love to talk to him, if he hasn't already.

Although, after watching that documentary, which was fantastic BTW, my guess is he's not one of the people this guy tracked down as the source of the myth and the game on there is one of the fan made creations shown in the documentary, given the screenshot of the graphics. A fantastic fake, but fake nonetheless.

#17 6 years ago

I never said that the screenshot was fake. I called the game a fake. After watching your video of it, its most definitely one of those tribute games that have sprung up over the years. I recognize the hexagon with the circles on its points in the center of it.

Here's 11 minutes of gameplay of that fan made game rom. Obviously a different level than the one in your video, but the center enemy, the ship, the sounds, the background "music", all identical.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/source-of-polybius-game-myth-discovered?tu=Miguel351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.