Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CrossTownSubwaySceneLeft (resized).JPG
IMG_1274 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

I have a mostly restored 1966 Cross Town pin that I just ordered a new back glass for. There is a scene printed on plastic that is mounted behind the back glass that I would like to replace. The scene is visible in the windows of the subway car. Does anyone sell something like this?

IMG_1274 (resized).JPGIMG_1274 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

nope, you will be hard pressed to find this. Best bet is a parted out game. I believe its like a pf plastic, silkscreened? If you could find a clean original to get a scan from then we could possible have something printed.

Would you pay $100 for this?

#3 5 years ago

This ebay seller ( wecandlestick1971) recently listed a GTB Crosstown complete backbox which from memory did not appear to be sold. May be worth making contact.

#4 5 years ago

Pinball Resource should be on your list of places to check with. Call Steve and ask or send Jimmy an email.

#5 5 years ago

I did get a scan from a buddy who currently has his machine torn apart. Turns out we could probably make up a translucent decal that you'd apply to a piece of plastic... Let me know if you are interested.

CrossTownSubwaySceneLeft (resized).JPGCrossTownSubwaySceneLeft (resized).JPG
#6 5 years ago

http://www.pinballrescue.net/index.html

Might be something good to ask Pinball Rescue to source...

#7 5 years ago

Did some checking... could get 1 reproduced for about $150

#8 5 years ago

Pinhead52 thanks for checking on this. After I get my new back glass from BG Resto I’ll decide if I want to replace the subway car scene. Thanks again.

#9 5 years ago

Perhaps speak with Pinball Resource and ask if this is something they would stock. Making a larger number might help reduce the cost and make it available for others. I know I'd buy one for my game.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Perhaps speak with Pinball Resource and ask if this is something they would stock. Making a larger number might help reduce the cost and make it available for others. I know I'd buy one for my game.

Pinball Rescue would probably be better suited, they are cranking out a lot of pf plastics, this is very similar. Only problem very low volume

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Pinball Rescue would probably be better suited, they are cranking out a lot of pf plastics, this is very similar. Only problem very low volume

I'm sure they would do it, in fact I could speak to Lee personally about it if someone can provide a good clean scan of the image along with the dimensions.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I'm sure they would do it, in fact I could speak to Lee personally about it if someone can provide a good clean scan of the image along with the dimensions.

I'll send Lee the scan I have

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Lee wrote back "In 18 years I have never been asked to produce this and I cant see how it would wear being behind the backglass? "

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Lee wrote back "In 18 years I have never been asked to produce this and I cant see how it would wear being behind the backglass? "

Yep could not see there is a market to justify commercial reproduction of this item.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Yep could not see there is a market to justify commercial reproduction of this item.

Yep Lee writes "We would do it if the demand was there just so we get our production cost back".

So like some of these "who wants" threads, collect 10 names... and Lee will get one reproduced, $50 a pop or go the $150 route. How desperate are you Silverstreak02 ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.00
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
Various other swag
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/source-needed-for-the-scene-behind-the-back-glass- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.