Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

01-6644.JPG

#1 2 years ago

01-6644.JPGLooking for a Williams P/N 01-6644. It's the gate bracket used on Black Knight, Disco Fever, Solar Fire, and Barracora. Does anyone know where I could find one of these? It was also produced in an assembly A-8092.

#2 2 years ago

PBR, or Marco maybe???

#3 2 years ago

Don't see anything at Marko or PPS, and have a question emailed into PBR.

#4 2 years ago

It shouldn't be too hard to make one, either 3d printed or otherwise.

#5 2 years ago

Marco has it listed but out of stock: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-6644. PBR was my thought too, or someone parting one of those games out might be your best bet.

#6 2 years ago

I have a spare disco fever populated playfield that I could grab one from. However shipping would be more than the cost of the part. Possibly may be easier to make one.

#7 2 years ago

how long is it i have one thats atleast 5 inches if its a big one

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

how long is it i have one thats atleast 5 inches if its a big one

(That's what she said),

Thanks, but it's not 5" long.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

ebay.com link » Williams Disco Fever Pinball Machine Playfield Ball Gate Plastic 30c 483 5
ebay.com link » Williams 1978 Disco Fever Pinball Machine Playfield Left Ball Gate And Plastic

The odd thing about these ebay posts is that one looks in decent shape, for $14.99, and the other ad is for one that is bent and rusted to heck... for $19.99... and both from the same seller? Makes no sense. I'm afraid I would buy the good one for $14.99 and receive the rusty one. Don't need that hassle!

Am I missing something?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Archer600:

I have a spare disco fever populated playfield that I could grab one from. However shipping would be more than the cost of the part. Possibly may be easier to make one.

Maybe you can lay it flat next to a ruler and take a pic and/or scan it? Would be helpful for original poster to make one from that.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

The odd thing about these ebay posts is that one looks in decent shape, for $14.99, and the other ad is for one that is bent and rusted to heck... for $19.99... and both from the same seller? Makes no sense. I'm afraid I would buy the good one for $14.99 and receive the rusty one. Don't need that hassle!

Without being able to see all of the wire it was tough to tell if they were the same part. The rusted one shows the wire and looks to be the part you need.

#13 2 years ago

Thanks guys, but I have a sample on my Black Knight if I need to make one. It was originally missing the gate, and I borrowed from my Disco Fever project and am looking to backfill there. The ebay ones both look like the right parts, but I just have a bad feeling about it unless someone here can vouch for the seller... it looks like he has a number of machines parted out.

Mac

#14 2 years ago

Still waiting on PBR to respond... sigh...

#15 2 years ago

Bend it, like Beckham

#16 2 years ago

I've bought from that seller before. Transaction went fine, everything as advertised. I was buying a similar gate for Comet.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Bend it, like Beckham

Yeah, if I drill all the holes before I bend it, with a little Dremel work and grinding to round the end, it should be pretty easy to make from a piece of stainless.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've bought from that seller before. Transaction went fine, everything as advertised. I was buying a similar gate for Comet.

Thanks for the info...

#19 2 years ago

I have made gates from large (6" or larger) hose clamps. The width and thickness is just right. Sounds crazy but they are cheap and it saves alot of cutting. Large clamps have a section without screw slots.
Just a different idea.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I have made gates from large (6" or larger) hose clamps. The width and thickness is just right. Sounds crazy but they are cheap and it saves alot of cutting. Large clamps have a section without screw slots.
Just a different idea.

Excellent idea! That beats trying to salvage a piece of stainless from an old grill cover. I have "unwound" springs before to get good material for making the gate wires... the spring steel seems to hold up better than standard wire.

That is what is great about this forum... we can all share our hair-brained ideas to make life easier for each other.

Thanks!

Mac

#21 2 years ago

Buying the part for $15 is risky but trying to make it out of hose clamps is a good idea? What am I missing? $15 is reasonable, just buy it and be done?

#22 2 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen an ebay seller with 4000 100% positive feedback. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to buy from a seller like that. I've gambled a lot more money than that on ebay sellers with much worse feedback.

I've seen ebay sellers with 40,000 99% positive feedback. That works out to 400 negatives. I wouldn't take those odds unless I was desperate.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

I don't think I've ever seen an ebay seller with 4000 100% positive feedback. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to buy from a seller like that.

I'm at 5000+ with 100% positive. It's possible. I do have a single neutral that will drop off in about a year - but no matter how good a seller you are, there will always be an unreasonable buyer somewhere along the line who expects a ferrari for the price of a cavalier, or personal delivery across the US in 24 hours for 50 cents

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

...What am I missing? $15 is reasonable, just buy it and be done?

PBR finally responded. They have them for $2.85ea. I'm glad I didn't order the used part for $15 plus shipping .

I guess I should buy a 6 pack of PBR to celebrate... you can't beat PBR if they have what you need!

As for the hose clamp material... that idea is now squirreled away for the future when making something is the only option

#25 2 years ago

For anyone that did not get the PBR reference, it is demonstrated here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pabst-can-crusher-pinball-machine-whos-in#post-3215218

2 years later
#26 4 months ago

Just hit up PBR as I also need this for my wire form.

#27 4 months ago

PBR just said, they do not have this part. Looks like I will be making my own the way Ryan does.

Quoted from ryan1234:

Just a different idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
3,700 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Li, NY
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Magnolia, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 7,499.00
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Buckner, MO
$ 22.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kalamazoo, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside