(Topic ID: 174251)

Source for replacement round-head twist nails on front rail plates?

By BlackCatBone

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dr_nybble
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0860 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0859 (resized).JPG
    Drive screw (resized).jpg
    Bingo 2 (resized).jpg
    Bingo 1 (resized).jpg
    20170425_160019_resized (resized).jpg
    nail (resized).jpg
    IMG_4516 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4517 (resized).JPG
    Side rail nail (resized).JPG
    Coos nails (resized).jpg
    Nail (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from baldtwit:

if someone wants to measure the originals, the closest I found to the right "domed" head shape was u-drive screws....like these:
    http://rivetsonline.com/drive-screw/18-8-stainless-steel-drive-screws.html
    the shaft may be too fat, tho. I've definitely pulled a few of these out of various machines.
    I assume nobody cares about the helix...just the right head shape?

These look like a good replacement for siderail nails, to hold the ball ramps to the siderails... The nails I have seem to be slightly smaller than a 1/8 which is .124 and 1/2 inch long. Going to buy a box of 4 by 1/2. If anybody wants some let me know

#23 6 years ago

Should not have called them siderail nails, PBR sells the standard nails. I need the shorter nails, 1/2 inch to hold the ball guides on the pf rails. I just ordered 4 by 1/2 inch (long)

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Terry1:

Hold that thought on easy to remove.
    The first one was, but, not most of the others!

yea, I use a wide plaster knife to get under the siderail and pull it out slightly then with vice grips grap head to twist and remove

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

This is the correct size front rail nail. About ten years ago I found a local manufacturer who had agreed to manufacture these but they went out of business before they were able to get to them. Grrrr!
    If anyone can find a place to make them, I would be glad to send some NOS ones for copying.

the link above sells these, as I mentioned I sprang for some #4 by 1/2, I'll post a side by side pic when I get them

nail (resized).jpgnail (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

I'm not seeing the "link above" that you referenced. Can you list it again? Thanks...

http://rivetsonline.com/drive-screw/18-8-stainless-steel-drive-screws.html

#32 6 years ago

Ok gang, got my order of nails in. #4 by 1/2. Nail is a little thicker than the existing spiral nail. May have to drill the ramp out to take nail. Being a little thicker probably helps going into the wood pf rails. Head is slightly larger as well. tempted to try the next size down. If anybody wants some of these LMK

20170425_160019_resized (resized).jpg20170425_160019_resized (resized).jpg

4 years later
    #39 2 years ago

so where did you order these? Shoudda got 1000 and resold them...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/source-for-replacement-round-head-twist-nails-on-front-rail-plates?tu=pinhead52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.