9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dhalem
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Does anyone know a good source for self-adhesive mylar sheets? My searches are turning up mixed results.

#2 9 years ago

Art supply stores, pinrestore.com, etc. etc.

LTG : )™

#4 9 years ago

PBR has it too

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

Does anyone know a good source for self-adhesive mylar sheets? My searches are turning up mixed results.

I see you're in San Jose. Go down to the nearest Tap Plastics. They sell it cheap by the foot. They sell large rolls online too.

#6 9 years ago

Yet when you get the Stern flipper protectors, they send you avery laminate sheets cut to fit the flipper area. So what's with this stuff??? I just got a 50-pack of 3 mil Avery laminate from Amazon for $14.00, and each sheet is 9x12. It can't be that different from the "good stuff."

Disclaimer: I love Marco and just place another order with them!

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So what's with this stuff???

"Mylar is often used to generically refer to polyester film or plastic sheet. However, it is a registered trademark owned by Dupont Tejjin Films for a specific family of plastic sheet products made from the resin (PET) Polyethylene Terephthalate. The true generic term for this material is Polyester Film."

http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_sheets_rolls/mylar_rolls_clear/255

Mylar is a brand name. Much like Lexan (polycarbonate). Marco uses the ® after the name, so it's Mylar brand polyester film. No idea on Avery stuff.

#8 9 years ago

Office max.

laminated plastics sheets..3m thick. Avery brand is what I've used

Whoops..someone beat me to it

1 week later
    #9 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I see you're in San Jose. Go down to the nearest Tap Plastics. They sell it cheap by the foot. They sell large rolls online too.

Thanks! I got some at Tap this weekend

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/source-for-mylar-sheets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.