(Topic ID: 155336)

Source for Gottlieb pin style connector

By OHMI_Arcade

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2761_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Does anyone have a source for the EM Gottlieb pin style connectors? I have a few cracked ones but can't seem to find them for sale in any of the normal places... of course, this is my only EM so maybe I just don't know where to look.
    Thanks!
    Tim

I assume you're talking about Jones Plug connectors? Not sure if they source them or not, but Pinball Resource (pbresource.com) is the place for all things Gottlieb. He does not take credit cards (you order over the phone or by email) and he sends you the order, then trusts you to mail him a check for the balance.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Easier to replace the whole plug. I used a small vise to hold jones plugs. Take a torch and heat up the jones plug assembly and pull all the conductors out noting where they go of course. Then, replace the conductors and solder them one at a time until you're done. Took me about an hour or so to do a 10 or 12 pin.
    Let us know what jones plug you need or take a pic of it.

I'd love a pic of this process. And can you use a soldering iron both ways? (I don't have a torch). Do you just warm up the prongs and the wires come loose? And then how do you get solder down into the holes neatly to re-solder the wires? A Gottlieb Melody I'm buying next month has a broken Jones Plug in the head that I'll be replacing with a new one.

Thanks, Hoov!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/source-for-gottlieb-pin-style-connector?tu=goldenboy232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.