• Latest reply 8 years ago by alb0711
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nail_(resized).jpg
Pin_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm in the process of refurbishing my Captain Fantastic. There is a small wire post that keeps the gate from opening too far. When I got my machine somewhere along the way the wire post was replaced with a finishing nail.

Anybody know where I can get the correct post to replace the nail and what that post is called? I can't stand the nail!

Thx
Allen

#2 8 years ago

Does it look like a finish nail with the head cut off?

Like just the shaft?

#3 8 years ago

Available from Steve's PBR
Pin_(resized).jpgPin_(resized).jpg

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Does it look like a finish nail with the head cut off?
Like just the shaft?

Vid - Mine is really a finishing nail - Shiny - the PBR part looks right! Thx all!

1 week later
#5 8 years ago

I think I've a similar item on my "new" future spa; its located on both upper gates and in the inlane/outlane diverter.
I need to strip the playfield....how do I remove it? Pull, Pull&Twist or Hammer? :-\
Thanks! Steve

nail_(resized).jpgnail_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

I did a try to pull with more power and they come away without any visible damage

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

Vid - Mine is really a finishing nail - Shiny - the PBR part looks right! Thx all!

Yup, the PBR one is the correct part.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from thelowest78:

I need to strip the playfield....how do I remove it? Pull, Pull &Twist or Hammer? :-\
Thanks! Steve

Pull and twist. It should come right out.

When installing a brand new pin, just pound it in with a hammer. If it's in a hard to reach location use a pin punch and hammer to drive it in.

#9 8 years ago

I managed to find my wire post on the bottom of the cabinet - who knows how long it had been there? My pinball karma must be good this week!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/source-for-gate-open-wire-post and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.