(Topic ID: 192911)

Soundboard Williams System 11

By Yesh23

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bd483b0635a85b6fafdbd27ee3b5bffec8c9a022 (resized).jpg
    20170706_184913 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I have a Rollergames machine that about 15 to 20 percent of the sounds are missing, ie in-lanes no sound and some background music. I bought a board that was supposed to be working (came out of a Whirlwind). When I placed it inI got no sound. I swapped the roms in green from my board. Did I need to swap the 2 in blue? Then I placed mine back in and got the 85 percent sound again

20170706_184913 (resized).jpg20170706_184913 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

The chips in blue are the music synthesizer and its DAC. They don't have to be swapped.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks late century! I guess I bought a dead soundboard

#4 6 years ago

You could have swapped bad ROMs into the new board. Your problem could also be on your mpu and not your sound board.

#5 6 years ago

Can you post a picture of your MPU board? I hope it does not have any battery corrosion, especially on U41.

#6 6 years ago

I didn't notice any battery damage. I have 2 set of roms. Both sets with my old board produce the 80% of the sound. When In swap in the new board thatI just bought with both set of roms I get zero sound. That's whyI thought it was a dead board.

bd483b0635a85b6fafdbd27ee3b5bffec8c9a022 (resized).jpgbd483b0635a85b6fafdbd27ee3b5bffec8c9a022 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Wow. Looks like someone installed AMI PIA chips on the board. AMI has the worse reliability of any PIA. I would swap the Diner MPU between the Rollergames so you can see if Rollergames then has good sound and Diner sounds become a problem. Or you could even swap the sound board between them. Either way should help prove something is good or bad.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soundboard-williams-system-11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.