By harryhoudini

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capcom_1996_Flipper_Football_Manual_pdf__page_58_of_115_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Flipper Football that was completely non-functional is being brought back from the dead. I've acquired most of the parts to repair or replace the boards and components. Finally have a working DMD so I was able to see what the sound issue is. The diag is reporting something to the effect of invalid roms, wrong version, needs Flipper Football 1.1. This happens on a few of the roms U19, U21, etc. I have two sound boards so I might swap them just to confirm. The chips have printed labels on them which is leading me to believe that they are corrupt/bad. If that is the case is it possible they can be re-written? Or likely the chips are just bad and need replacements?

Not sure if that is something I need to send to someone to check out and possibly re-burn them? Or if I should just find somewhere that will make new ones?

At least one chip works, I am getting some of the "comments" during game play so I know the sound board also works, at least partially.

And on that note.. who/where to do the chip fix or buy new ones?

Thanks!

#3 6 years ago

Looks like they could be either, guess I need to get the actual errors so I know which chips have an issue.

Capcom_1996_Flipper_Football_Manual_pdf__page_58_of_115_ (resized).jpgCapcom_1996_Flipper_Football_Manual_pdf__page_58_of_115_ (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Hah it's all of the chips (the board was bad too, so the chips were fried too, it seems) .. along with the cpu and dmd. Man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-rom-errors-re-flash-how?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.