Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by coz6
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Went to play WoZ last night and the sound was really bad. Almost like it was muted. Seems like nothing is coming out of the Sub and the upper speakers sound like they are in a tin can.

Any ideas? I checked the obvious (connections to the boxes and all).

#2 7 years ago

Did you recently move pin or move something next to it. Did it work great the previous day?

#3 7 years ago

Reset all the cables on the back of the silver box - both the RCA jacks and USB. Open the box and check the RCA cable connections leading to outside thru the box. Reseat the connections at the audio board. If you think if might be the woofer alone unplug the yellow RCA jack and see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't plug the red or white RCA jack to where the yellow one was inside the box - if the woofer becomes active replace the RCA cable with the yellow ends (mine was faulty). Under the test menu there is a sound option that should be running while you check this out.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Did you recently move pin or move something next to it. Did it work great the previous day?

I have been using it my basement now for about four months. Probably 100 or so games on it since the move.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Reset all the cables on the back of the silver box - both the RCA jacks and USB. Open the box and check the RCA cable connections leading to outside thru the box. Reseat the connections at the audio board. If you think if might be the woofer alone unplug the yellow RCA jack and see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't plug the red or white RCA jack to where the yellow one was inside the box - if the woofer becomes active replace the RCA cable with the yellow ends (mine was faulty). Under the test menu there is a sound option that should be running while you check this out.

I did reseat some, but will try to do the other things you suggested tomorrow night.

#6 7 years ago

Could you record a sample of the audio and send it to me so I can hear it??

#7 7 years ago

I had a similar issue a few days ago. While playing the sound level dropped down quite a bit almost sounded like it went mono on me. I lowered the volume and then raised it back up higher than it was set to around the 26-28 levels and it seems to be back to normal. Only played a few games since I raised the level up so I don't know if it's going to last. I haven't moved the pin other than to adjust the pitch until it plays the way I like it since it was delivered from JJP new NOV/2014. It does get nudged during game play so it could actually be a cable needing to be re-seated. If it happens again I'll start checking connections.

#8 7 years ago

This happens every 3 months of so on my WoZ. It really is just cables. But not just at the jacks on the box. Get in there, as mentioned above, and follow all the cables back to boards and reseat them there.

#9 7 years ago

Are RCA connectors ill-suited for a vibration heavy environment?

1 week later
#10 7 years ago

Ok, after resetting all of the inside cables the sound is better. I had to bend in the rca jack metal edges to get them tight again. I also put some electrical tape around each so I don't repeat history.

Thanks everyone for help on this one.

Case closed (literally)...

#11 7 years ago

Nice. Good to know the future.

#12 7 years ago

I fight this often - wonder why they need reseating so often!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-really-bad-on-my-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.