Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ProCsiK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dndpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I just got my WoZLE on Friday and had several relatively small problems which I was able to fix but this intermittent sound issue will not go away. When I start the machine (or reboot) the sound sometimes is not full volume and the mix of voice/music/effects is off balance and many times you can't hear the callouts, taunting from the Witch...etc. Here is what I have done:
1) Wiggled and confirmed all cables in computer were tight. This seemed to fix the problem for about 20 games.
2) Removed backbox and pulled RCA connectors, cleaned them and plugged and unplugged. No change.

This problem is really bad now...sound never correct. I get the exact same behavior even when plugging in a headphone.

Anyone else have this problem. How do I open a ticket with JJP for this?

Thanks,
Dave

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Alex. I opened ticket number 3248. So disappointing, I just everything the way I like it and am loving the game. Can't wait to get the sound working correctly!

#5 9 years ago

I sent a PM to you on this Alex.

#10 9 years ago

I kind of like when I get a new pin (NIB or resale) and I need to spend some time tweaking it...it is how I get comfortable with how to work on each different pin.

That being said, this sound issue seems to be more on the order of a defective part. I just hope it will not be a nightmare getting at whatever needs to be fixed. If it is the soundboard, is it embedded on the board or separate? Am I looking at a CPU replacement? These are the kind of scenarios which cause me concern.

I have no problems with the fact that there are issues, it's part of owning pins and I am very confident JJP will make it right. What I do feel is an opportunity for improvement is how they respond to tickets once escalated beyond Alex (assuming my experience is usual). Both Alex and LTG have been very responsive but I have not heard anything from the person the ticket has been escalated to, no ticket update and no email.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon as I had people coming over to play but I am holding off to get the sound working for full effect. I must say that even with how long I waited for this game, it has exceeded my expectations in gameplay, theme integration and rules. My hats off to the entire team!

Based on my machine, I feel that JJP could do a better job in QC though.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

I would hate to hear that a board needed to be replaced, because of whole non-matching serial number issue (although I am not sure if JJP boards all have matching serial numbers like B/W had).

What is the matching non-matching serial number issue with B/W?

#14 9 years ago

Agree. I bought a brand new Metallica and it had a display with a dead pixel. I got a replacement but they did not know my serial number so I am sure they don't match on my brand new machine. I don't care!

#15 9 years ago

Alex,

Perhaps we can try having a new set of cables delivered to me; red and grey but I actually think they are connected together since cleaning / playing with the cables makes the sound better for a while. Who can I talk to make it happen.

Thanks,
Dave

#22 9 years ago

Thanks to everyone for chiming in on this. I spoke with Ken at JJP and he said that a recent batch of cables came in dirty and they now clean the cable before installing it. I have cleaned the cable (a different one from before) and have about 20 games and it is currently working. If it lasts throughout the weekend, I think that might be the fix.

For those who might have the same problem; There is a 1/8" phone plug on the right side of the back of the metal case plugged into the green input on the CPU. Unplug and clean the cable and be sure to plug back in to the green input.

Thanks again,
Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dndpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-problem-on-woz?tu=dndpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.