Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ProCsiK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I just got my WoZLE on Friday and had several relatively small problems which I was able to fix but this intermittent sound issue will not go away. When I start the machine (or reboot) the sound sometimes is not full volume and the mix of voice/music/effects is off balance and many times you can't hear the callouts, taunting from the Witch...etc. Here is what I have done:
1) Wiggled and confirmed all cables in computer were tight. This seemed to fix the problem for about 20 games.
2) Removed backbox and pulled RCA connectors, cleaned them and plugged and unplugged. No change.

This problem is really bad now...sound never correct. I get the exact same behavior even when plugging in a headphone.

Anyone else have this problem. How do I open a ticket with JJP for this?

Thanks,
Dave

#2 5 years ago

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com

Sign up for an account and open a ticket. Sounds like either a bad cable or possibly a bad amp.

We will get to the root of it

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Alex. I opened ticket number 3248. So disappointing, I just everything the way I like it and am loving the game. Can't wait to get the sound working correctly!

#4 5 years ago

Shoot me your email in a pm. I'll follow up directly.

#5 5 years ago

I sent a PM to you on this Alex.

#6 5 years ago

It's really a shame that new games cost as much as they do and stuff like this happens....for the price of a WOZ...or any other NIB they should be bulletproof......hope you get it sorted bud..........Joey

#7 5 years ago

Saw the PM. Escalating to the right individual to help.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

It's really a shame that new games cost as much as they do and stuff like this happens....for the price of a WOZ...or any other NIB they should be bulletproof......hope you get it sorted bud..........Joey

It's a pin...lots can and will happen.

#9 5 years ago

Pins will never be 'bulletproof,' even new ones. Have you ever looked inside one? And they go through a lot of physical abuse during play that you may not fully appreciate.

#10 5 years ago

I kind of like when I get a new pin (NIB or resale) and I need to spend some time tweaking it...it is how I get comfortable with how to work on each different pin.

That being said, this sound issue seems to be more on the order of a defective part. I just hope it will not be a nightmare getting at whatever needs to be fixed. If it is the soundboard, is it embedded on the board or separate? Am I looking at a CPU replacement? These are the kind of scenarios which cause me concern.

I have no problems with the fact that there are issues, it's part of owning pins and I am very confident JJP will make it right. What I do feel is an opportunity for improvement is how they respond to tickets once escalated beyond Alex (assuming my experience is usual). Both Alex and LTG have been very responsive but I have not heard anything from the person the ticket has been escalated to, no ticket update and no email.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon as I had people coming over to play but I am holding off to get the sound working for full effect. I must say that even with how long I waited for this game, it has exceeded my expectations in gameplay, theme integration and rules. My hats off to the entire team!

Based on my machine, I feel that JJP could do a better job in QC though.

#11 5 years ago

I would hate to hear that a board needed to be replaced, because of whole non-matching serial number issue (although I am not sure if JJP boards all have matching serial numbers like B/W had).

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

I would hate to hear that a board needed to be replaced, because of whole non-matching serial number issue (although I am not sure if JJP boards all have matching serial numbers like B/W had).

What is the matching non-matching serial number issue with B/W?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from DnDPins:

What is the matching non-matching serial number issue with B/W?

That's someone who thinks it matters like classic cars motor and transmission being original. 99.9% don't care if the boards are original as long as they work and aren't hacked up. Never seen someone walk away from a deal cause of a board number. And never seen anyone actually look for it

#14 5 years ago

Agree. I bought a brand new Metallica and it had a display with a dead pixel. I got a replacement but they did not know my serial number so I am sure they don't match on my brand new machine. I don't care!

#15 5 years ago

Alex,

Perhaps we can try having a new set of cables delivered to me; red and grey but I actually think they are connected together since cleaning / playing with the cables makes the sound better for a while. Who can I talk to make it happen.

Thanks,
Dave

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from DnDPins:

Alex,
Perhaps we can try having a new set of cables delivered to me; red and grey but I actually think they are connected together since cleaning / playing with the cables makes the sound better for a while. Who can I talk to make it happen.
Thanks,
Dave

PM LTG

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from DnDPins:

Alex,
Thanks,
Dave

Dave shoot me your cell. I'll call you tomorrow and see if I can get Ken on the line with us. He's the right person to help with that. It may just be a bad cable or an issue with the amp though I haven't seen any real issues with those.

Btw if it's anything audio board related it's very easy to swap. Nothing that won't take more than 10 mins.

Lorenzo any ideas?

#18 5 years ago

While I'm sorry for any fellow pinsider with a problem I've got to say my WOZ sounds great. My guess is there's a powered subwoofer in there somewhere. You JJP people are welcome to install a sound system in my Chevy anytime.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Dave shoot me your cell. I'll call you tomorrow and see if I can get Ken on the line with us. He's the right person to help with that. It may just be a bad cable or an issue with the amp though I haven't seen any real issues with those.
Btw if it's anything audio board related it's very easy to swap. Nothing that won't take more than 10 mins.
Lorenzo any ideas?

The only issues I've seen are bad cable, and sometimes amps have manufacturing defect. Even my woz had a cable issue. Sound guy got a woz with no sound when he opened it lol

If I had to guess its a defective amp. Ill see if mark can chime in.

#20 5 years ago

That's my guess and I have Ken looped in.

#21 5 years ago

HI Dave.
This sounds like the ground on the audio at the CPU is flakey.
I'll be happy to try and get to the bottom of this with you.
I'm available for most of the day tomorrow.
Possibly tonight too but not sure yet.
Send me your phone number and let me know when you are available.

Thanks,
Mark

#22 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone for chiming in on this. I spoke with Ken at JJP and he said that a recent batch of cables came in dirty and they now clean the cable before installing it. I have cleaned the cable (a different one from before) and have about 20 games and it is currently working. If it lasts throughout the weekend, I think that might be the fix.

For those who might have the same problem; There is a 1/8" phone plug on the right side of the back of the metal case plugged into the green input on the CPU. Unplug and clean the cable and be sure to plug back in to the green input.

Thanks again,
Dave

#23 5 years ago

Glad Ken got in touch with you. No one knows the ins and outs of the physical happenings with the game than him.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from DnDPins:

For those who might have the same problem; There is a 1/8" phone plug on the right side of the back of the metal case plugged into the green input on the CPU. Unplug and clean the cable and be sure to plug back in to the green input.

Thanks for the update--I will have to give that a try.

5 months later
#25 4 years ago

I just found this thread.
I have had the exact same problem.Checked for loose cables ect,,,
I now will check for dirty ones. Yes its a pain . One minute everything loud and clear the next only certain sounds remain clear. The others are back in the mix .I have had my woz for about 3 weeks and noticed the problem after a couple of days. It seems to be more of a problem when the level is 28 and under.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cypress, TX
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside