Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MrSanRamon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesperron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I just got a Escape From The Lost World and I'm having an issue with the sound. This is a system 6803.
I'm getting static when the sound plays. I can hear the sound but it comes with static. The static comes from both the top speaker and the one under the cabinet. I've disconneted each speaker and tried it and they both got static when the other has been disconnected. I've also reseated all connectors. The sound board led blinks 6 times as it should so the sound roms appear ok.

Any Ideas?
I'd buy a new sound board but I don't think thats an option as I can't find one..

#3 11 years ago

Sound pot? Is that what they call that thing? I saw it and it looked as if it was used for adjustments but I didn't touch it. I thought that was just for background volume? I'll try that tonight.

The sound board had one screw and two plastic posts holding it in place. I removed it and checked for any cracked solder joints. There was a missing screw for the other corner. I'll put one in there also.

I did try adjusting the volume on the inside of the coin door but it didn't help.

I'll see what happens.

Thanks Mike

#6 11 years ago

Thanks guys I'll Try those things tonight.

#7 11 years ago

I added the missing screw to the board so it would be secure. And I adjusted the Pot on the board and the one on the coin door. No help. The static is constant and doesn't change at all when either pot was adjusted. It did get louder and softer as I adjusted as did the game music. It's a muffled static. Almost sounds like a blown speaker but it's coming from both the top and under cab speaker.

Would bad capacitors on the sound board cause this kind of static?
Is there a way to test the caps?

#10 11 years ago

The pots seem fine. The volume goes up and down smooth with no crackling.

I found this on Pin Wiki.

This sound board has a common problem with DAC failure. AD7533 chip is easy and inexpensive to replace. You can prevent failure by removing C12 (47 uf) capacitor. It seems to have no adverse affect but prevents a voltage condition on power down that can destroy the DAC.

The LED with flash a check sequence on power up. 6 Flashes ROMS and RAM are OK. Bally 6803 - PinWiki

The led lights on mine say it's OK. I get 6 flashes.

I've ordered the chip and I'm going to try this tomorrow. We'll see if it works.
Any opinions?

#11 11 years ago

Well it worked. I got the chip today and I did just as it said and it worked. I will now dance a jig.

I've tagged this thread so that maybe it can help others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesperron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-problem-1?tu=wesperron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.