You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Space Mission Electronic Sound (resized).jpg
suono tiger (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi,
I have a Tiger by Gottlieb from Italy and the sound is made by speaker and electric board not with the classic chime. Does anyone know why there is a difference with these machines sold in Italy?

Many Thanks

suono tiger (resized).jpgsuono tiger (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

The only other Tiger I've seen had chimes. There is one on you tube that has chimes and IPDB shows a picture of the chime unit. So this may be a hack. Maybe by an individual or an importer. Notice the three holes in the cabinet where the chime unit would have attached.

#3 4 years ago

Yes, that was my question. It has been altered i know but wondered if anyone knew why?! i have a colleague in Italy who has 5 Tigers, and has confirmed that they also have been altered from chime to speaker& electric board.

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts!

#4 4 years ago

Altered to stimulate interest adding more plays so more income.

Or the games were imported less the chime units and the circuit board & speaker is cheaper than a chime unit.

#5 4 years ago

The famous parts supplier WICO sold a sound board in the 1970s whose purpose was to make EM games have the modern, up-to-date sound of first-generation solid-state games. Call it a "mod" if you wish.
.................David Marston

#6 4 years ago

Thank you for all these info. In Italy this device is call "Biri-Biri' about of his sound.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

The famous parts supplier WICO sold a sound board in the 1970s whose purpose was to make EM games have the modern, up-to-date sound of first-generation solid-state games. Call it a "mod" if you wish.

Did it come with a banner to put under the playfield glass? I've often wondered about this game:
Space Mission Electronic Sound (resized).jpgSpace Mission Electronic Sound (resized).jpg
/Mark

#8 4 years ago

It may be awhile before I can retrieve the pertinent WICO catalog to answer about the banner.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

It may be awhile before I can retrieve the pertinent WICO catalog to answer about the banner.

David, that sure looks like a Wico decal.

#10 4 years ago

I owned a gottlieb tiger a few years back. had the standard gottlieb chime unit in it.

one of the largest distrubtors here in australia towards the end of the e.m. era, they had a small circuit board and speaker installed to all of their pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-of-my-tiger- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.